[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Noble_Six_City.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Noble_Six_City.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think it would be possible to make a good Halo film? I was playing through the games and was struck by how insanely cinematic the music and some of the set pieces are.

Obviously it wouldn't follow the plot of the games but would be set in the Halo universe.
>>
keep the score and the aesthetic and make a workable film plot out of it and it could work really well. I actually think it would be best if they loosely adapted the first 3 games into a trilogy.
>>
>>81126103
I think they could do it even without just redoing the plots of the games. The Fall of Reach would be a great movie I think, especially as an introduction to the universe. They could spend a ton of time on humanity as a whole expanding across the galaxy, try and capture the feel of this:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=JKrDG3n-gic
>>
If I remember right Neil Blomkamp was meant to direct a HALO movie when he was the hot shit circa 2010. I feel like the time for one has passed, not many people are really obsessed with HALO anymore and lets be on honest, it's pretty generic. a movie of it would basically be a cross between Battle: Los Angeles and Aliens
>>
>>81126486
I never heard that, but I remember Peter Jackson was interested in a Halo project a while ago
>>
That picture from Halo:Reach, I loved that game so much when I played it.
>>
>>81126048
The problem with videogames is they often borrow from movies in terms of source material so uneducated normies will be like, "that's a rip-off of X" and to be quite frank they aren't entirely wrong

Halo's setting is very similar to Ender's Game as well as Alien and Aliens so to make a movie based on it would feel very derivative like Avatar was

I'm not saying you couldn't do it but I don't think it would blow anybody's minds.

I've always thought though that if they wanted to rake in big bucks with a videogame movie franchise it would be Elder Scrolls since Elder Scrolls is familiar enough for western audiences but completely batshit insane for eastern ones not to mention the background storylines in Morrowind are really good
>>
It would probably end up being shit. Leave halo alone. Let me have my memories of the greatest vidya untarnished by what some sjw hollywood jew would turn it into
>>
>>81126048
wort wort wort
>>
>>81126914

Best thing about HALO is the Covenant
>>
Too much time has passed now. No one cares bout Halo. It was like the angry birds movie, waaaay past the prime of the game.
>>
They best rename that shit to GAYLO
True niggaz dont play that game
You know who play that shit? Gay niggaz. Gay niggaz.
>>
>>81127081
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>81127081
Chad Warden?
>>
File: 1355806389032.jpg (541KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1355806389032.jpg
541KB, 1024x904px
>>81126048

A movie about ODST or UNSC Marines fighting the Covenant would be great. Especially if they gave it an Aliens feel. Spartan II's shouldn't be the focus of the plot, but they should be mythical figures to elevate their status in the movie, like they were in the games/books.

It's hard to have a human story that revolves around autistic faceless cyborg soldiers that never really talk. You could give their backgrounds but that'd be about it.
>>
Definitely possible, if directed like the halo 3:ODST live action trailer. A movie about master chief wouldn't work, but if centered around ODST's or marines, it would have a lot of potential.
>>
>>81127619
WE FLY HIGH NO LIE YOU KNOW THIS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.