[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was KINO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Silence-Banner[1].jpg (349KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Silence-Banner[1].jpg
349KB, 1500x1125px
This was KINO
>>
>>81088715
Why?
>>
>>81088715
it was waaaaaaaaay too long and repetitive. Great performances, but the pacing was unbearable for a while
>>
>>81088778
I thought that the rhythm of repeating temptations was pretty great.
>>
this movie was bad. literally laughed my ass off when it was all quiet during the credits it was so cringey.
>>
>>81088832
Ok thanks for your opinion.
>>
>>81088832
You're a stupid pleb.
But IMO it should've ended on the customs control scene.
>>
It was unbelievably shitty. Way too long, tries to get a point across repeatedly with no real effect, bad acting and overall BORING.

That's without mentioning some involuntary humarous moments. Like when Jesus, or the padre's conscience, tells him to step on the figure. It was so bad, the half of the audience in my screening that was still awake by that point laughed at how ridiculously bad it was.
>>
>>81088965
Woah, people are dumb and can't understand art.
>>
>>81088715
you must be trolling, that movie didn't even win an oscar
>>
>>81088841 In my opinion there are plenty of religious movies that pull off deep/hard to talk about religious themes in ways that "silence" did not.

The Tree of Life, Winter Light, Ordet, Viridiana, Andrei Rublev, any of these movies address and have more interesting religious themes, that are executed in more interesting ways.

Silence comes off as childish, the whole shtick with God being silent until the end is just, like really? On top of that it was really was boring for the weak as cinematic power it was bringing to the table. If you are gonna make a movie that boring, you have to make it something at least worth the audiences time, and not something like DUDE FAITH LMAO. I'm really not into historical docu-dramas but so that might influence me a bit, it just doesn't seem to hold up to any of the other "good" religious movies.
>>
>>81089122
>The Tree of Life
stop
>>
>>81089014

>boring pile of shit
>y-you just d-didn't understand it!!1!

get over it Martin, your movie sucks
>>
>>81089122
But it was a lot less boring than any of these movies, you were probably subconsciously expecting a "fun" movie since it had Martin Scorcese on the poster. It's also based on a pretty famous and respected novel as far as I know.
>>
>>81089163
not a troll. silence comes off as a cash grab aimed towards the uneducated/middle class casual christians. It's not even art, it is just trash with Scorsese's name on it.

The Tree on the other hand is completely revolutionary in an authentic and true sense. The two are incomparable...
>>
>>81089312
Yeah, it's a great catholic propaganda when the japanese heathens who kill catholics seems like the most rational and humane characters.
>>
desu I'm disappointed Scorsese didn't have more tact. Ferreira, Inquisitor and the translator make legitimately good points about both why Buddhism is valid and why Christianity doesn't fit with Japan but the Japanese are so highly charicaturized with no humanity that it just makes Rodriguez look even more a martyr and Christlike. There's a clear irony in the way Rodriguez looks down on the Japanese Christians for being idolatrous while letting people die over his own idolatry and yet it's never really touched on. There was a good point for reflection after he finally apostatized when Ferreira explains how the real Jesus would have apostatized to save lives immediately but we never get that. It still paints Rodriguez as the victim and ultimately as our infallible hero in the end where he remains a Christian. Obviously the Japanese WERE wrong on so many levels but the whole movie just feels dishonest in its surface portrayal of both sides. Any normal person or Christian who sees this is going to take away the message of muh Christian dindus those Jap savages and lose all nuance.
>>
>>81089265
I was consciously expecting a "good" movie from Scorsese, I haven't seen any of his movies since Taxi Driver and Raging Bull, but damn, I did not expect Silence to be so unremarkable.

I like "boring" slow movies, but Silence was just bad low art. It lacked the genius which the "boring" "slow" moving movies i listed all contain.
>>
>>81089369
>yet it's never really touched on
Do you watch Scorsese? Have you seen Wolf of the Wall Street or Goodfellas?
>>
>>81089440

Yeah I generally love Scorsese films. I don't see the comparison though as something like Goodfellas or Wolf clearly touches on why our protagonist isn't necessarily the good guy.
>>
>>81089516
Well, half of the movie is literally everyone except the christian followers telling Andrew Garfield about all the ways he's wrong.
>>
>>81089440
>>81089516

However if your point is that scorsese glorifies these controversial figures I kinda see what you're getting at. Normal People look at Taxi Driver, Wolf and Goodfellas and see role models when the point of the movie is that they aren't
>>
Movie is for people that actually know about Christianity not your average internet shitposter that only know memes and other "facts" about Catholics
>>
>>81089570

See I just wish it had been handled better. Because I feel like most people watching won't care what any of them say because the first half of the movie is setting them up as brutal animals. It's hard to sympathize with the other side when it's a comedy actor with a funny voice and mannerisms beheading Christians sitting across from the figure that the movie is clubbing you over the head with HES JESUS symbolism.
>>
>>81089678
>please don't portray Japanese people torturing people despite is what they did
>Japan is a culture of peace, this is not fair
>#NotAllJapanese
>>
>>81089678
>I feel like most people watching
That's your problem. Who cares about 'most people watching'? If you're not a pleb with a negative attention span you're going to have problems with fucking Star Wars.You're literally saying that the problem with this movie is that you have to pay attention.
>>
>>81089592

Tbh they directed it to hit both. Christians are gonna be too devout to look past symbolism 101 and just see it as a Christ allegory. Atheists are going to see it as muh dumb selfish Christians ruin everything he could have saved everyone.
>>
>>81089592
please go back to destroying europe you protestant cocksucking motherfucker
>>
>>81089736

Except nowhere did I say that. There's nothing wrong with depicting the realities but if you're going to try and inject some nuance into your narrative you have to ask humanize the other side.

Christian pros were plastered up front while their negatives were subdued. Evils of the Japanese were front and center while their valid points were buried under philosophy. Makes for a slanted movie when you don't intent for a clear good/bad guy but you make a clear bad guy
>>
>>81089779

I guess my argument is that works about religion that don't intend to peddle that religion have a responsibility to walk lightly in their message and be clear because of how religion can incite just positive and negative furor. But I admit it's not a very good argument as it's not Scorseses problem that Christians are fanatical.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.