[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite movie from last year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What was your favorite movie from last year?
>>
>>81082083
BvS obviously
>>
everybody wants some!!!
>>
Hacksaw Ridge
>>
File: HO00003779.jpg (138KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
HO00003779.jpg
138KB, 600x889px
Captain Fantastic, closely followed by Moana
>>
Nocturnal Animals
>>
Marvel's Captain AmericaMan Part III: The Dispute of Ideologies On National Security and Subsequent Squabble feat. Robert Downey jr
>>
>>81082083
Definitely Manchester by the Sea.

I watched it 3 times already and I love it even more with every viewing.
God tier writing and performances. And even though it's heavy drama, it's one of the funniest films of recent times, genuinely funny situational humor that doesn’t break the tone at all.

The Witch was great too.
>>
>>81082146
explain yourself
>>
BvS
>>
>>81082083
Your Mom x Big Black Bulls XTREME
>>
La La Land unironically
>>
>>81082083
What's with the part of her brother who keep staring at her tits?

Whats' the purpose of those scene.
>>
>>81082307
Manchester was a lot better movie than LLL and probably Moonlight too.
Definitely the movie I recommended to my normie friends when they asked which one of the oscar ones to watch
For example Moonlight also was a great movie, but it never gives you a moment for laughing, when Manchester finds humour even in the grimest situations.
>>
>>81083017
to explain why he was lured by the attractive witch. He was at that age
>>
Rogue One.
Everything from when the destroyers crash into each other onward is just fucking perfect. Score is beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
Film handled a female lead and diversity perfectly, didn't call attention to it, made it feel natural and didn't overhype/overpower Jyn and was never afraid to make her flawed.
>>
>>81083062
Magic/Witchcraft doesn't need any explanation.
>>
>>81083046
Having humor doesn’t make a film automatically better.

Though I agree that it's a better film.
>>
>>81083210
>Everything from when the destroyers crash into each other onward is just fucking perfect

That scene was so ridiculous, like Star Destroyers are made out of cardboard or something.
>>
>>81083513
thats your opinion and not the consensus, as someone asked why
>>
File: AbsoluteKino.jpg (125KB, 565x755px) Image search: [Google]
AbsoluteKino.jpg
125KB, 565x755px
Silence was my favourite film from last year. Would even rank it in my top 5 Scorsese films I loved it that much. Easily the most overlooked and underrated film of last year.
>>
>>81082307
Enjoyed Manchester by the Sea a lot more than I thought I would. The trailer made it look a lot more "Oscar Movie" than it actually is. Really good characters and natural performances.

And ofc The Witch was great as well.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.