[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to we save TV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6757.jpg (27KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6757.jpg
27KB, 270x320px
Cable cutters are becoming a serious issue if this keeps up TV will be all but replaced. Compare ratings of shows now to decades past and it's down across the board. The only thing I can think of is making the internet unusable, very restricted or kill it all together but how does one do that without controversy?
>>
>>81078829
>not wanting TV to die
>>
shut down discussion on imdb, flood social media with shills, use deceptive fake outrage as marketing, pay msm to suck the tv/movies cock. You know the usual.
>>
>>81078829
>what is hulu, netflix, and amazon prime video?

>using dinosaur concepts like ratings in this current year

TV is on a whole different level compared to most movies now, it's probably better than it's ever been, the only difference is how we access it. TV shows aren't going anywhere for a long time.
>>
>>81078829

TV can't be saved. I'm not gonna' go as far as >>81079152, but the fact of the matter is that traditional TV-watching just isn't a thing anymore.

Generation Z doesn't watch TV at all, and most older millennials barely do.

Even the network giants are realizing this.

>making the internet unusable

LOL
>>
>>81078829
I still think tv is somewhat necessary.
Internet stuff sometimes feels too customized for me. It's like I can't be as relaxed as I watch tv.
>>
>>81080994
>too customized for me

I feel something similar. Like I keep feeling that the internet is just showing me what it thinks I WANT to see and nothing else.

>you lived long enough to experience the entire internet becoming your hugbox
>>
Television productions are quite bad, same goes for streaming site originals. Feature film was always the better format.
>>
>>81081045
But as shit continues to diversify, companies will be able to zero in on your tastes more and more, sure it might be a hugbox but imagine tv shows purpose built to satisfy you in ways no other tv has. Your favorite show ever but even moreso refined.
>>
>>81078829
You want to save it? Tell them to stop with the hidden fees, dvr charges, and surcharges.
No? They wont stop those?
Then kiss my ass and burn it down,
burn it all down
>>
By making it better. 1/3rd of all broadcasting is adverts, then 99.999% of the rest is cheap reality shit; talk shows, woo-woo documentaries and game shows that cost 30 cents to make. I'm not paying hundreds of dollarydoos a year for an average of 0.5 shows a year I watch
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.