[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Fist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 21

File: Iron-Fist-Netflix.jpg (294KB, 654x714px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Fist-Netflix.jpg
294KB, 654x714px
I understand some of the criticisms of this show (even though you can generally tell they're just excuses so people can pretend they're not mad about the white power thing), but I've seen people whining about the over the top stuff like the spinning punch and that's what I don't get.

You realize this is a comic book series, right? If it doesn't have exaggerated, flashy, often unrealistic action, then it's a disappointment.
>>
>>81078505
That's not why though, flashy over the top action is what was needed. I have been a huge Iron Fist fan for years and was excited by a live action show. The casting of Finn Jones was a mistake but I had only seen him in GoT so gave him the benefit of the doubt, then when it turned out he was shit I was hoping with the Iron Fist mask covering so much of the face Marvel could get the world's best stunt doubles and create amazing martial arts scenes, this was not the case, what we got was the standard of today which is a million cuts per punch. It's baffling because the fight scenes with DD and The Punisher were handled so much better and Iron Fist should be all about fighting!

I hate that I found Ward the most compelling character of the show.

They should have followed The Living Weapon storyline and then had him connect with DD with him being the lawyer defending the families of the cancer victims who work near the power station.
>>
Holy fuck stop with the superhero threads already. No one cares
>>
I wouldn't mind a campy over-the-top superhero show but you can't have little completely ridiculous scenes when most of the show takes a little more serious approach to it. It just doesn't fit together well.
>>
>>81078934
Loads of people do, that's why they are all that gets made
>>
I seriously hate how this fuccboi is Iron Fist. Can't they pick someone at least with more muscle tone?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 270x187px
>>81078996
I know, trained intensively non-stop for 15 years, doesn't look like Bruce Lee
>>
>>81078996
or you know, someone who doesn't look like a hipster douchebag
>>
>>81078918
Having started Daredevil recently, I get the feeling the reason they didn't use the Iron Fist outfit is because the one Matt uses is too similar.
>>
File: IronFist_OrsonRandall442.jpg (73KB, 442x465px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist_OrsonRandall442.jpg
73KB, 442x465px
>>81079104
Possible, but it can't be ignored, it is such an iconic outfit. It can easily be modernised much like DD, just look at the Orson Randall version
>>
File: punch.jpg (48KB, 854x469px) Image search: [Google]
punch.jpg
48KB, 854x469px
>>
File: 56_cuts_in_35_seconds.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
56_cuts_in_35_seconds.webm
2MB, 640x360px
If they had done a better job with choreography, it would have been better. I get that Finn isn't a martial artist, but shouldn't he act like one? Shouldn't they make the fight scenes of a master martial artist look somewhat cool.
>>
>>81079902
The drunken master fight was pretty good looking. Probably because the guy he fought is capable of this:
https://twitter.com/TheLewisTan/status/824322020049457152
>>
>>81079902
It's this stupid idea that every hack writer seems to think the only way to create suspense in a fighting scene is to have both the hero and the opponent be evenly matched for a while, no matter the skill difference between them.
>>
>>81080601
That's why I love Kurt Wimmer's take on it.

>"When I was growing up and fantasizing about whipping ass, which is what boys do, and maybe even adults, like me, I can promise you that in my fantasy you didn't get a few good licks in. I kicked your ass in a commanding fashion, with compelling punctuation. And so I'm simply translating my fantasies onto celluloid here and that's what you're getting.
>I always find it annoying when in a climatic fight in a film, when the bad guy is beating up the good guy because I find it boring. There's no suspense there. We all know that eventually the fight is going to turn and the good guy is going to win, so in my conception lets get on with it. It's a fantasy after all and since it's a fantasy lets not make our dream girl gorgeous except she's got a wooden leg. So when Christian is back to his cold-blooded killer self, Taye doesn't stand a chance and by the way neither does anyone else."

I'm not saying every action scene needs to be a one-sided blowout, but I wouldn't mind if more of them were.
>>
>>81078918
>I hate that I found Ward the most compelling character of the show.

Ward was a great character. He had a much better story and better character change.
>>
>>81080721
He really was, at first I was upset that he and the business were a major part of the show but it quickly became the reason I finished watching...and I am a long time Iron Fist fan
>>
>>81079902
>15 years of training

First retarded marvel hero, so progressive.
>>
>>81081131
Do you post this in every single thread?
>>
Recommend me some good action movies like IP-Man,I need my fighting-fix.
>>
>>81082233
Check out this new Netflix series called Iron Fist, it has great action.
>>
>>81081131
>>81081338
He does but it never stops me from laughing
>>
>>81078918
the outfit doesn't even make some sort of cameo at the end even?
>>
>>81078505
I just can't take the guy seriously after seeing him be a fag in GoT
>>
>>81082996
the only cameo is from a 1946 or something film where the suit is completelety black (or looks like) and the guy had two iron fists instead of one.
>>
>>81082588
>Great action
>>81079902
>>
>>81083072
Why does that make it hard to take him seriously?

I never watched the show but Loras was a pretty serious character in the books who just happened to be homosexual.
>>
>>81083073
That still counts as a cameo. The action in that scene is pretty good too. I'd like to think that's meant to be a taste of what we're going to get once Danny becomes a competent Iron Fist.
>>
>>81083238

https://youtu.be/1xVjjOOiA40
>>
File: 640full-elsa-jean.jpg (141KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
640full-elsa-jean.jpg
141KB, 640x640px
>>81078505
The acting was shit and the characters incredibly boring. Also Renly's Cumdump looks like a dyel faggot and is unbelievable as a kung-fu master.

The people talking about race are literally pulling the same shit Sony did with Ghostbusters but in reverse: pretend the critics are angry over some hot-button political issue so you can get droves of simpletons to mindlessly defend the product for you.
>>
I understand and respect all the criticism of Iron Fist.

It is cheap, rushed, badly choreographed, corny, Danny Rand's characterization is all over the place, etc

BUT

I enjoyed it more than any other marvel Netflix show excluding S1 Daredevil.

Not sure why.
>>
>>81078996
Iron Fist is not a roided mofo, he's more like Spider-man kind of fit.
>>
>>81078505
Kek that lee sin art used as iron fist
>>
>>81083554
>spider-man
>kind of fit
>>
File: spiderman-tobey-maguire.jpg (288KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-tobey-maguire.jpg
288KB, 1280x720px
>>81083554
>implying this isn't the buffest, biggest dude around

Jesus dude, I mean how could anyone ever hope to make gains this big without roids?
>>
I don't dislike they actor they picked, he looks like Danny, the problem is that it seems the show had little preproduction so he couldn't train like at all. Visually I think he was fine, but physically he was underprepared.
>>
>>81083582
I really think Riot must have made that skin to coincide with the show. They probably didn't expect it to be received poorly.
>>
File: Image-50.jpg (177KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
Image-50.jpg
177KB, 600x478px
>>81083664
>>
>>81083739
Too glittery and i don't think that thai skin will ever be replaced
It looks too clear
>>
A better question is when will Lee Sin get his own tv series.

Or anything LoL related for that matter. Do something else with the IP other than the game.
>>
>>81083502
>Not sure why.
Clearly because he's a white male and that's what you prefer in a Marvel superhero.

In all seriousness, it really wasn't a downright awful show. Flawed, perhaps, but not unwatchably bad and arguably even enjoyable. The kind of thing where I don't feel like I wasted my time and I'd be completely open to a second season that attempted to improve upon it.
>>
Imo DD1>DD2>JJ=IF>LC
>>
>>81083820
An action game spinoff would be great and would probably interest the people who are put off by the gameplay of the main game, but I get the impression the devs can't pull off that kind of programming.

If anything's gonna happen a TV series does seem more likely.
>>
>>81083926
I dunno, the plot twist in EP10 and what it followed it really dropped the score for me.
>>
File: k0lVEKw.jpg (144KB, 640x840px) Image search: [Google]
k0lVEKw.jpg
144KB, 640x840px
>>81084003
Don't get me wrong, I love the game for what it is, but there are a lot of cool concepts here and there that I feel could work for something like an animated series or something. Dota too while we are at it.

Also, Riot bought the studio that made Rising Thunder, a fighting game with some moba-esque elements. They've been silent about it since then, but it's pretty much possible that we'll get a LoL fighting game.
>>
>>81078505
Stop defending this shit by lowering your bar. Daredevil set it on a certain level, and all the rest of the Defender series failed to reach that. All three are below average, end of discussion.
>>
>>81083264
you mean once they actually get someone to write a good show for this terrible show.
>>
>>81084097
Yeah, I'm the same way. I still have a lot of fun with the game itself, I just want to see the cool characters put to use in some other ways. Feels like kind of a waste that all you see of the world in-game is a couple small maps.

I actually remember hearing about that potential LoL fighting game and getting excited but I had forgotten about it because that was like a year ago at this point. If they're gonna do something with it I hope it's soon.
>>
File: 1490720388874.webm (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490720388874.webm
2MB, 426x240px
>>81083114
This scene was pretty cool.
>>
>>81084591
>using a katana like a katana should be used
I might watch this
>>
>>81084615
Doesn't hammering two katanas together ruin them?
>>
>>81084615
You're in for a ride of disappointment and cringe.
>>
>>81084662
Hammering swords together ruins them, but better that than getting gut.
>>
>>81084717
Yeah but at least a normal sword can take a bit of a beating and works as just a blunt instrument.
A katana on the other hand is thin and fragile and can't stand much force.
>>
I don't even care about the fighting in these shows. When they start to fight, I turn my brain off and look at the other monitor. The camera cuts way too fast and jittery to even tell what's going on. Ironically, that's not why I watch these shows.

I liked the corporate drama in Iron Fist. Ward's actor was the best in the series. The B plot was interesting.

I just hate the goddamn Hand. Generic Ninja guys. Ruined Daredevil S2. They weren't so bad in IF because Gao got an actual role and the B plot was interesting.
>>
>>81084591
this entire episode was a mongoloid tantrum, why the fuck the hand would have retards running around in broad daylight with motherfucking meadieval weapons with red flashy shit on them instead of firearms like any other normal security unit? How batshit imbecille were the writers
What the fuck was fucking night nurse even doing there? Why the fuck would she even try to put on the most unpractical weapons in existence to fight enemies that needed to be kept at bay because of the poison on their weapons?
Why the fuck they just knocked out the guy in the warehouse and put cloth on him if they were going to burn the building down and basically kill him in the process and why didn't they hide the fucking body if they knew someone would've walked in?

So many questions that will never be answered if not with the truth: terrible writing.
>>
>>81084785
>I just hate the goddamn Hand. Generic Ninja guys. Ruined Daredevil S2. They weren't so bad in IF because Gao got an actual role and the B plot was interesting.
Agreed. Gao is the only good thing to come out of that shitty plot. And that's mostly because they don't overuse her and keep her somewhat mysterious. Also the actress is pretty good.
>>
File: LaughingDuck.gif.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingDuck.gif.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>81084812
>>
>>81078505
>even though you can generally tell they're just excuses so people can pretend they're not mad about the white power thing
lol what is with the implication that this is some flawlessly awesome show that could only be criticized for political reasons?

the acting is fucking hilariously bad, the pacing is shit, the action is run of the mill... what is there even to like?
>>
File: Really......jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Really......jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>Netflix
>Iron Fist
Could it have something to do with MORTAL COMBAT.
Nope not a chance. This is going horrible live action anime, ruined power rangers and utter shit "Original Movies" from streaming service and complete shit from over 100 million productions from movie franchises. 2017. Thanks alot. Life.
>>
Besides the first 2 episodes, I thought the pacing was great.

Around episode 7 or 8 when they go to China it felt like it was approaching a Season Finale. Capturing Gao in episode 9? They were hitting finale-tier climaxes 3/4 through. I thought the second half was really strong overall.
>>
>>81084706
>cringe
Stop.
Reddit time.
>>
>>81085034
>stop using words I don't like or you're reddit
Fuck off you autistic piece of shit.
>>
>>81084885
Power Rangers was literally always live action anime. The action footage in those shows is straight from toku series and toku has always been just like anime. Intentionally exaggerated performances, magical shit and goofy fun.
>>
>>81085098
Cringe is literally a Reddit word.
Back to /r/cringe with you, buddy.
>>
>>81078918

Finn Jones isn't a mistake. He can only work with what the writers give him. It's not his fault his character has to go from serene to angry in a nonsensical way when the writers and director demand it.
>>
>>81085272
This, keep in mind that the showrunner is the same guy responsible for some of the dumbest shit in Dexter. It's no surprise that he fucked this up too.
>>
File: YDR.jpg (23KB, 424x324px) Image search: [Google]
YDR.jpg
23KB, 424x324px
>>81085126
You shut your god dam mouth. Power rangers is a master piece. The new Ghost In A Shell and Power rangers are just pure shit.
>>
>>81085272
I am one of the folks shitting on the show in here and yes i do agree that the actual cast of the show is great, but the wiritng, special effects and fight choreography are complete shit.
The best fighting choreographies were fucking Davos.
>>
>>81085481
The only good thing about Power Rangers is the tokusatsu footage it uses. Power Rangers is a disgraceful butchering of the source material, much like Robotech. You should watch the Super Sentai equivalent instead of watching them steal footage and then bungle in their own original story.

I respect Power Rangers for bringing toku to kids, but if you haven't graduated to watching the actual Japanese toku you need to grow up.
>>
>>81084451
Which I think they probably will with S2.

The fact that this is actually getting criticized is good because with the other shows they've been getting praised regardless of what they do so they've been content to rest on their laurels and settle for mediocrity. Where with Iron Fist they'll actually attempt to improve. I wouldn't be surprised if S2 was legitimate kino.
>>
>>81085789
>this fucking faggot telling others to grow up
my fucking sides. Both of you need to neck yourselves.
>>
Ward a cute
>>
>>81086152
Except the other shows are good, aside form maybe the second half of LC. But i guess i get your point.
>>
>>81086404
I absolutely love this guy, as an actor i mean, he developped a really specific method for this character that costantly reminds me of Bale with Bateman, i cannot praise him enough for making me like a fucking capitalist psychopath.
>>
>>81086692
>yfw Ward flipping the bird becomes a new way of checking dubs
>>
File: d35c988af1da.png (843KB, 1200x601px) Image search: [Google]
d35c988af1da.png
843KB, 1200x601px
>>81086772
>>
File: 1490892806505.png (928KB, 601x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490892806505.png
928KB, 601x1200px
>>81087102
Check em
>>
>>81087265
Let's ride this man to the glory he deserves.
>>
1/10
No one cares that he's white. Show sucked.
>>
>>81083664

That's cgi
>>
>>81084780
>Thin
Sweet mother of misconceptions, Katanas are thicker than European swords actually
>>
I started with Iron Fist so I didn't hate the action as much as some people because I had nothing to compare it to and it wasn't really any worse than a lot of the mindless Hollywood action I'm used to, but I've been watching Daredevil now and man, the difference is night and day. The lack of constant cuts makes the fight scenes look so much better and way easier to follow. And I'm guessing they have a stunt double since he's got a mask on, so he does this cool acrobatic shit like running on the wall. It's damn good and now I see why people who saw Daredevil first are so disappointed by IF.
>>
>>81089775
actually Charlie Cox has a stunt double only for the parkour, he does all the fighting scenes himself.
>>
>>81089589
I like how people in this day in age still think Viking/european swords are just blunt objects where instead they were able to cleave bone.
>>
>>81090357
Okay, that's even more impressive.

How'd they go from a badass like him to... whatever Finn Jones is?
>>
>>81090430
More time to train
Finn, if word around is true, didn't have much time from when he was chosen to the actual start of filming

And this giving him the benefit of the doubt, I dunno if he'd be as commited as Charlie to the role
>>
>>81090430
Charlie is a theater actor, so method acting for him is much more easy, he completely immersed himself in the role, he trained for months. Finn Jones was decent, tho not the perfect choice but the problem with IF is not the cast, but everything else.
>>
>>81090507
Finn Jones always went on about studying buddha and shit, i wish he instead learned more martial arts than fucking yoga.
>>
I give it a solid 7/10

Only thing that stood out was iron fist being retarded and incompetent
>>
Danny is a terrible character and been withe is not the problem, everyting else is tho.
LE epic iron fist monk, jap/chink new york teacher is better than you.
>I can control my emotions
10s later cant do shit but piss his pants.
celibacy vow, brakes it at the first opportunity
he fucks up in every episode, as a character, and feels like someone who read a book about chink monks and is playing around with it.
>>
>>81090942
>I give it a solid 7/10
>these are the people you discuss movies with
>>
>>81078505
Anyone else notice in the episode where they were at the Hand compound, and Danny was walking around talking to Bacudo, some girl in a purple shirt with MASSIVE tits walked through the background like 7 different times? Anyone else notice that?
>>
>danny talks about kabuto or whatever the fuck is his name tracking cellphones and leaving his at the compound because of that
>later he pulls out his cellphone and calls someone

Come the fuck on. At least be careful about these small things.
>>
>>81091637
Screenshot.
>>
>>81091586
Not necessarily. That may just be one of the retards who comes here for dumb actress threads.
>>
File: 1484698512140.png (253KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
1484698512140.png
253KB, 568x638px
>>
>>81091954
This just got added to Netflix around the same time as Iron Fist so it was very well-timed as an "Eat shit, Iron Fist" show.
>>
>>81091880
It's like a 6 minute scene. Someone should compile a webm.
>>
>>81078505
I don't particularly like the show, but then again, I don't particularly like the solo Iron Fist comics.

Iron Fist is always best in team books. He's no fun when he isn't a foil for Luke.
>>
>>81078505
the siblings and the father are more interesting characters than the dancing faggot and the samurai girl, that's how sitty the series is
>>
>>81092304
I guess the true test will be seeing if that quality carries over to a Netflix series well. Luckily Defenders is the next show so it won't be long before we find out.
>>
>>81091832
>kabuto
>mfw I realize that Bakuto is a subtle anagram of Kabuto, used as clever foreshadowing
>Like the Naruto villain Kabuto, Bakuto initially seems friendly but turns out to be the true antagonist of the series
>>
>>81093106
I didn't even know that was a real name.
>>
>>81093281
It's certainly not a common name, even in Japan. It's like naming your kid Chiron or something.
>>
>>81092636
>Ward Meachum, one of the best characters across all four series, is a more interesting character than someone else.
Gee, you don't say?
>>
Is that how Iros fist looks in the comic now?
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (95KB, 564x761px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
95KB, 564x761px
>>
>>81094881
No, that's Lee Sin from League of Legends. Who, coincidentally, is kind of like Daredevil.
>>
>>81084812
kek
>>
File: cutelin.jpg (87KB, 1755x882px) Image search: [Google]
cutelin.jpg
87KB, 1755x882px
best waifu
>>
>>81094997
I agree, kind of a blurry picture of Claire you used there, though.
>>
You know, Charlie Cox played a pretty fruity character in Stardust and that didn't stop him from making an awesome Daredevil, Loras doesn't really have any excuse.
>>
>>81094997
would focus chi with/10
>>
>>81095180
Well, Charlie isn't a complete dick sucking faggot irl.
>>
>>81095082
Rosario Dawson is pretty hot but her acting was absolute garbage in this show.

Fuck it's like they took the first take for everybody but Gao, Wing, Ward, and David's actors.
>>
>>81097065
>Rosario Dawson is pretty hot but her acting was absolute garbage in this show.
She really didn't fit in IF. I think she was pretty good in the other 3.
>>
so in the first episode he meets the woman outside of her (his old) house and they talk and he's not trying to tell her that he broke in and then out of nowhere he says "I saw you got a dog too!" why would he say that?
and then he just for some reason walks backwards on to the street and right at that time a car comes barrelling down at him and he does this somersault over it. why did he walk on the street in the first place

that's some poor lazy writing
>>
>>81097673
The writing is fucking atrocious, and it never gets better. It's like they didn't give a shit, phoned it in at the last minute, and laughed their way to the bank.
>>
Ward Meachum > Drunken Master hapa chink that should have been Danny Rand > Bhuddist mode Danny Rand in episode 1 > everything else > shit > Twink Jones as Danny Rand > Absolute shit > garbage fight choreography > "BIG GREEN GUY" > K'un-Lun Monks don't know what anger is despite being masters at meditation and shit

Well I hope they fix the direction of these shows, cause Luke Cage was ass too.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.