[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any animated films more comfy than these two?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: song of the kells.jpg (364KB, 611x691px) Image search: [Google]
song of the kells.jpg
364KB, 611x691px
Are there any animated films more comfy than these two?
>>
>>81069507
Absolutely not. Song of the Sea in particular is beyond perfection. Top 5 animated movie of all time.
>>
If you marathoned OtGW and treated it like a long film it would be the comfiest
>>
>>81069507
I loved Kells but hated Song of the Sea

>>81070197
I saw it when it premiered and hated it, made a bunch of threads discussing it that no one ever replied to, glad to see people are finally starting to see it though.

My biggest problem was that the protagonist was an absolutely unlikable piece of shit who realizes FAR too late in the movie that he should stop blaming his sister for their mother's death (it should have come ATLEAST a half hour sooner). I fucking hated that whiny little cunt who literally would rather watch his sister drown than save her.

The whole story takes place on the edge of the fantastical but most decidedly stays in the mundane, I'm much more interested in a story about magic and mystical creatures than I am about an all too real story of a kid who resents his disabled sister and the tearing apart of a family.

For a film called Song of the Sea there was surprisingly little of either, it quite decidedly takes place on land and there wasn't nearly enough singing. The scene where she turns into a seal was one of the few memorable bit of the film for me, it needed more of that.

Compare it to something like this from Kells.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISFZP9fw4yU

Can you imagine Ben doing anything nearly this awesome, I cant.

Also I found it assumed a great deal of familiarity with Irish folklore that I didn't have. What exactly is a selkie? The film never tells me.

I could not believe it was made by the same people who did Kells.
>>
>>81070424
This. OtGW is pure animated comfykino.
>>
>>81070449
>My biggest problem was that the protagonist was an absolutely unlikable piece of shit who realizes FAR too late in the movie that he should stop blaming his sister for their mother's death
I actually appreciated that aspect of the movie. Yes, it does get annoying how he doesn't realize it until so much later, but I think that that was the intention, and that we're to realize exactly how flawed he was. We're all waiting and hoping that he finally cuts the crap and realizes the truth, and we finally do, but we see how long it took him because of his character flaws.

Those flaws which deeply impacted his actions, and his strong unwillingness to change, just made his transformation all the more powerful. It was also a statement on youth and how 'cruel' we can really be under the guise of ignorance or "innocence".
>>
>>81070684
that was not at all what I wanted to see in a movie about magic irish folklore
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOkwA3HxuPo

Enjoy.
>>
>>81069507
Daily reminder SoTS lost the Oscar to Big Hero Shit.
>>
>>81070974
Too bad that anthology is all over the place. Memories is better as a whole
>>
File: fantasia-poster1.jpg (244KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fantasia-poster1.jpg
244KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>81069507

Miyazaki is pretty comfy, also iron giant
>>
File: Kells 189.jpg (290KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kells 189.jpg
290KB, 1366x768px
Kells is such a beautiful movie.
>>
File: secret-of-kells.jpg (884KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
secret-of-kells.jpg
884KB, 1920x1080px
>>81070449
I empathized with Ben a lot more. I grew up with a shitty brother who had very little in common with me, wasn't interested in any of the shit I was, but hung around breathing on my shoulder all the time and messed with my stuff. Even if you discard their mother's death I can still kind of understand his resentment. His father is so disconnected from their lives because of his loss, his sister is a mute, and because he lives on an island his only friend is his dog. Because he's the only one he can talk to and receive something from.

So it didn't bother me on the whole. However I do massively prefer SoK. It was a lot less conventional and I liked its themes and time period a lot more. Scenes like pic related carried so much emotion for me because you can see how reality warped this creative wonder into a strict authority figure out of necessity. It's fucking tragic, and Kelloch comes to understand it by the end of the film. God I fucking love that movie
>>
>>81070449
>The whole story takes place on the edge of the fantastical but most decidedly stays in the mundane

I'm pretty sure that was the point though, because the overall plot of the movie is about The Return, but in the modern day so it's far too late and hope is supposed to be gone. You only get tiny glimpses of magic, because it's so late in the invasion cycle that it's surprising there's ANY magic left.

Now maybe that isn't good sense for a children's fantasy movie, and it's a fair complaint if you didn't like it, but there was an important plot reason for it.
>>
File: Snapshot - 4.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 4.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
P U R E K I N O
U
R
E

K
I
N
O
>>
>>81069507
Can someone hook me up with a magnet? I couldn't find shit.
>>
>>81069507
Whisper of the Heart
>>
File: Song of the Sea.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Song of the Sea.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.