[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was fucking great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

mothra is coming
>>
More brutal than I thought.

Surprised that it's actually PG-13.
>>
>>81069066

Yup, KONG: SI was surprisingly fucking enjoyable. Will watch many times again.
>>
>>81069066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=54s
if by great, you mean a great big pile of shit, then I agree
>>
I'm so fucking tired of remakes and sequels. Go think of something original already, again, Hollywood.
The same shit is happening on TV. The number of crime shows alone is greater than any modern computer can handle.
Thanks capitalism.
>>
>>81069066
The guy who did the cinematography also does work with Zack Snyder. That's why it looks so good.
>>
I wish Toby Kebbell got a bigger role

The cast should've been smaller desu

Still loved it overall. I got what I paid for, big monsters in 'Nam. John C Reilly and the soundtrack were the highlights of the movie

Did anyone else laugh at the grenade sacrifice? I don't know if it was played straight or for laughs
>>
File: Final_wars_mothra.jpg (23KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
Final_wars_mothra.jpg
23KB, 330x330px
>>81069783
I like what they're doing here. These monsters were created to have a cinematic universe, and they did. There's a lot of great kaiju movies, solo and crossover ones, but I find it fair that Hollywood is trying to have their own take on this. Would it be better to have a new high-budget japanese kaiju cinematic universe? of course. But that doesnt make what were getting bad, it's actually pretty great. I just hope every movie has effort put into it, and they dont use them simple to expand the universe. Also, drop the post credits scenes please
>>
anyone got a link to the post credit scene
>>
>>81069783
It's not a remake, though. It's just a random King Kong adventure.
>>
>>81069066

Finally saw this today.

It was pretty good. Jackson and Reilly pulled it through but it was a proper fucking monster movie.

Lots of battles. Lots of fauna and focus on the island and fuck the people basically.

Way, way better than the Godzilla remake. They really fucked up with that one. They showed Kong early, established him not being a bad guy, and showed big bad that were actually bad. 70's Vietnam vibe helped establish it all and keep it grounded enough for such a silly premise.

Damn good.
>>
File: Jordan_Vogt-Roberts.jpg (40KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jordan_Vogt-Roberts.jpg
40KB, 396x600px
>>81069066
The director looks like a monster more than the kong kek
>>
>>81069813
fuck off snyderfags, you have your daily bvs containment threads
>>
>>81070737
I'm not being a Snyder fag, I was explaining something. A lot of scenes in Kong: Skull Island are very similar to other scenes from stuff like 300 and Watchmen, both of which are directed by Snyder done by the same cinematographer as Kong.
>>
It was my favorite monster movie. I don't look for arthouse shit though I just like the spectacle
>>
>>81069574
Lol look at those dislikes
>>
File: 1490664693904.jpg (369KB, 1280x1724px) Image search: [Google]
1490664693904.jpg
369KB, 1280x1724px
>>81069783
It's not a remake, the only thing it reboots is the notion of Kong himself and the island.
I've never been a big fan of Kong really but I'm glad he's getting another go AND for once he doesn't get shot to shit and killed at the end this time.
>>
>>81070683

he's a total cuck too.
>>
This was the ideal Kaiju flick.

Very literal pretension, good actors chewing the scenery and a lot of great action and humor
>>
File: 1488678044611.jpg (51KB, 546x565px) Image search: [Google]
1488678044611.jpg
51KB, 546x565px
>>81070683
his twitter profile fucking says 'I'm chaotic neutral'
he's also an unhinged libcuck
>>
>>81069783
I have no problem with kaiju-kino

I'm so fucking stoked for Ghidorah
>>
Yeah I was pleasenty surprised. Dat Budweiser product placement got to me tho
>>
It was better than 2014zilla but it still kinda sucked. Half the cast shouldn't have even been in the film and were just blatant filler for diversity quotas.
>>
Stop kidding yourselves.
This was an inch above Bayformers. It was just shot better.
>>
>>81071992
It was way more coherent than Bayformers, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>81072272
>Way more
More like barely more coherent.
>>
>>81072372
Where did it stumble?
>>
>>81072402
Bad editing and bad writing and bad pacing.
Shit would just happen with no build up and then it would be over like thirty seconds later. Overall the movie felt totally pointless.
>>
>>81072464
I literally had no problem with either. Pacing felt fine. In fact, it's fast as fuck. Literally addresses all the problems people had with Godzilla 2014. And as for writing, it felt like a very basic monster romp movie. Soldier characters were likeable. Only had a problem with Hiddleston and Sam Jackson. Otherwise it was a solid monster adventure movie. Nobody should have any reason to not like it.
>>
>>81072464
got to agree, it had great cinematography and cgi but terrible everything else.
>>
>>81072632
This movie never builds any tension, and as a result all the action feels hollow. It's just stuff happening. The script was basically a fucking skeleton, most of the characters had like two lines to trick you into thinking their actual characters.
I fucking love monster movies, but it's still got to have a story and story has got to have characters. This movie had arguably three characters in it despite a fairly large cast.
>>
File: bf8.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
bf8.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>81069574
>rlm wannabe
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.