[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kino fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170329-202852.png (775KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-202852.png
775KB, 2560x1440px
Excalibur is my top kino fantasy, post yours
>>
I like the original Conan, never watched Excalibur I guess I'll give it a watch this weekend, looks like absolutely kino
>>
>>81065971
I was sondering about Conan.

I have always like The Fellowship of The Ring, it has a lot of great lore. Is Conan similar.

(also, I like the Hobbit, but it is no where near Fellowship. I like RotK of but is no whee near fellowship) Mainly because of the elven scenes and the adventureous locations and quick delicious looking meals
>>
>>81065971
It really is, I literally just finished watching it for the first time. The visuals are mesmerizing
>>
>>81065478

Excalibur is actually Zack Snyder's favourite film.

Conan the Barbarian should be a rite of passage for young men to watch.
>>
>>81065478
Conan and Excalibur are objectively top tier in this genre. I doubt many people will have favorites other than those two. But here is a few that pretty good.

>Beastmaster
Definitely B-tier, but top-tier B-tier
>13th Warrior
Severely underrated; More realistic than Fantasy
>Legend
Tom Cruise
>Ladyhawke
Matthew Broderick
>Fire and Ice
A lot like Conan but much more stone-punk.
>Krull
To laugh at. Also Liam Neeson
>>
>>81065478
Personally I think Peter Jackson makes come comfy movies.

Say what you will about the Hobbit, the shire scenes were comfy. Same goes for the beginning of King Kong (2005)

I personally kind of liked Warcraft but the ending is pretty movie-ruining.
>>
>>81065478
>>81066805
Funny that John Boorman made this out of the shots he had originally taken for his version of Lord of the Rings....

If Lord of the Rings isn't your favorite fantasy, it inspired it!
>>
File: 1465277432561.webm (2MB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
1465277432561.webm
2MB, 820x461px
>>81068612
It's obvious in a few ways. Excalibur is even called the 'sword of power' instead of the ring of power and the way Uther loses it is like how Isildur lost the ring
>>
>>81067352
>Krull
>To laugh at
aw hell naw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJY4bd_M-w
>>
>>81069229
watcn Excalibur now...
crazy how its probably the most accurate version ive seen yet. most of the problem I have with it was obviously due to the production trouble
>>
>>81070768
The production trouble is one of those times in films where they make art from adversity. It rained constantly which is what gives the movie that weird hazy dreamlike glow. Also Helen Mirren and the actor of Merlin fucking hated each other but Boorman convinced them to stick it out because he knew the animosity would translate well between the characters. Really wish that fucking documentary wasn't greedily horded by the Kikestarter backers because we all deserve to see it.
>>
File: Macbeth1.jpg (22KB, 640x342px) Image search: [Google]
Macbeth1.jpg
22KB, 640x342px
>>81065478
Not fantasy per se, but the new Macbeth looks great.
>>
File: Asthaetic.png (432KB, 620x358px) Image search: [Google]
Asthaetic.png
432KB, 620x358px
>>81070768
>>81071086
>production trouble

Wasn't aware of this, can I get a quick rundown, cause the movie always seemed to be pretty good from the production standpoint.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.