[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that enjoyed the Death Note movie trailer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: Mia.png (168KB, 286x344px) Image search: [Google]
Mia.png
168KB, 286x344px
Am I the only one that enjoyed the Death Note movie trailer? I'm not a anime fan but I watched it back in the day, and it looks pretty cool. Also, Mia a cute.
>>
>>81052735
Everybody who isn't some autistic weebtard enjoyed it. So no, you're not alone.
>>
White women are disgusting

I hope she gets properly L'D in the movie
>>
>>81052735

>That's supposed to be Misa

What the FUCK were they thinking?
>>
I am very excited for it. Its an american story just using the death note premise, so the plot has a chance to be really exciting. Especially with modern technology.

Didn't like the decision to make L a monkey though.
>>
>>81052811
Margaret Qualley is the only reason I'm even considering watching something based on that edgefest of an anime
>>
>>81052735
She did not age well, she was probably my biggest crush as a teenager when Not Another Teen Movie came out.
>>
>>81052770
>everyone who has no idea wtf this is enjoyed it because they heard william dafoe's voice
>>
>>81052948
If you think Death Note is edgy you probably never seen MD Geist or Genocyber
>>
>>81052919
So you hilariously hate the only cast member that actually tries to look like the original?

Not the bored edgy sarcastic cheerleader in OP or the school-shooter stereotype that they miscasted as Light?
>>
File: Smoke.jpg (171KB, 391x661px) Image search: [Google]
Smoke.jpg
171KB, 391x661px
>>81052948
She's so lewd
>>
>>81053125
Yea, I cant stand darkies.
>>
>>81053073
He doesn't miss anything though.
>>
>>81053125
>tries to look like the original
I don't remember L
- being a nigger
- walking around nightclubs wearing all black
>>
>>81053125
Let's be honest here, the characters are in name only. I'm still curious to see what a Death Note story will be like in america.
>>
>>81053175
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTHJkeqRt-8
Genocyber's ending song is god tier
And MD Geist is hilarious.
>>
>>81053222
The nightclub is a murder scene thou.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 1230x887px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 1230x887px
>Light Turner
>>
So CG Ryuk, costume Dafoe Ryuk or redesigned costume ryuk?
>>
It'll be shit like every other live action adaptation desu animation>live action
Not a Death Note fan so thank fuck they aren't making a live action JoJ...
>>
I just don't understand why we need MORE death note
>>
gonna watch this just for dafoe ryuk
>>
I'm curious to see how it pans out and especially its reception in japan considering their live action tend to be insultingly bad. Still probably not going to actually see it, the manga is the only thing I need
>>
>>81052770
-the pleb, 2017
>>
i will watch it but i'm not expecting anything good except for ryuk
>>
>>81053650
I like that Japan did another Death Note movie of their own. They're hilariously petty about American versions of their stuff.

I'm surprised they didn't make a new GitS movie actually.
>>
>>81053892
I don't think that had anything to do with the 'mighty whitey version and a lot to do with the second Death Note dorama they did last year.
>>
File: 1490279084321.jpg (10KB, 276x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490279084321.jpg
10KB, 276x302px
>>81053564
>Raito is any good
>>
>>81052735
They completely changed Light, he isn't a cast away edgy faggot
>>
>Keith Stanfield
>Adam Wingard
>Willem Dafoe

I don't watch anime because I'm not a virgin, but I'll watch it.
>>
>>81054566

> People are calling it shit after a 60 second teaser
> A teaser that actually makes the looks good

He also isn't white. I think it's called an adaptation? But o, they changed some stuff, so I guess it's automatically shit.
>>
It looks fine in my opinion. I have no problem with the casting, and it looks pretty atmospheric.
>>
>>81052735
Of not it's main goal is to attract pleb normies like you, so i'm sure many enjoyed it.
>>
>>81054566

The Light in the anime was a terribly one dimensional character with no character development. He was a sociopathic, ego maniac, intelligent, handsome dude with a God complex before he get the Death Note, and stayed that after he got it.

I hope they will change that in the movie and make him a meek, genius social outcast who genuinely wants to do good but gets progressively corrupted by his power and becomes what basically he was in the anime
>>
>movie
Shit
>mini series
Could have worked.

Nothing really gives me the idea they will do the police investigation where Light is apart of it, and L seems to be based in Seattle which is ridiculously convenient for the film.
>>
>>81055263
what are you trying to say
practice your abc's and try again please
>>
>>81052919
Black people always carry trash films
>>
>>81052919
>I am very excited for it. Its an american story just using the death note premise

Fuck me, why didn't they just do this as a soft sequel to the original series then? Ryuk just fucks off to America after RAITO-KUN dies and stirs up more shit with another Death Note. Then you wouldn't have retards screaming about how they changed everything and now it sucks.

Shit. I wish they had thought of that. Would have been way better than a "remake" that isn't even a remake. Still curiously excited though.
>>
>>81052811
>America
That's what they where thinking
>>81053139
Misa is supposed to be cute CUTE! and one of the weaker points of the series

Not lewd
>>
>>81055372
Nah, Fuck that. A reason for Death Note being interesting was that Light wasn't the typical loser protagonist with a hard life. Him being unsympathetic made the material unique among similar stories.
>>
>>81052735
I think straight adaptations are completely pointless so I welcome whatever this is. Plus Wingard is my nigga.
>>
>>81052735
It looked like shit and generic as fuck. It's like they took something weird and sold it to CW to make twelve seasons out of for tumblr to make slash fiction out of
>>
>>81052919
Careful with that edge faggot.
>>
>>81052735
I like how it looks for the most part
will probably watch at some stage after release
>>
>>81052735
yea despite the shitty casting it actually looks quite interesting, the soundtrack is cool and the tone looks creepy, not anime death note but a cool take on it. im fine with the black dude now and that dweeb playing light
>>
>>81056616
>dude not my anime

Shut the fuck up. Honestly, what do you want? A movie exactly like the manga? You adaptation- babies are the fucking worst and cry foul at any and all deviations.

I would much rather they make changes in adaptation, even bad ones are better than trying to create an autistic animu
>>
>>81053125
If he wanted to look like L he would have gone full Michael Jackson for the role. He doesn't give a fuck, what kind of commitment is that?
>>
>>81052735
Did anyone bitch about whitewashing when Scorsese did The Departed? I seriously have no clue, but I'm willing to guess the answer's no. So why the fuck was that Ok and not this?
>>
>>81058371
t. shill.
It is actually part of L's character to be pale and ghastly looking. He's supposed to just wear a filthy t-shirt and baggy jeans, which is a direct contrast to Light, who is normally well dressed and tidy. Light is supposed to be a physical specimen, a Chad's Chad, loved by everyone, bordering on Mary Sue if the writing didn't expose his flaws constantly. L is a disgusting sperg who alienates everyone.

And L wouldn't be outside, much less speaking to other people. Much less allowing even a tiny portion of himself to be identified. This is a man who is the best detective in the world, and using the second and third as aliases. He wouldn't readily expose himself to someone that just needs a face to kill.

>>81058454
The Departed was also 11 years ago.
>>
>>81059421
> The Departed was also 11 years ago.
Which doesn't mean shit. Nobody gave a fuck back then, why are they being so retarded now? The 2010's were a mistake
>>
>>81059578
Because some people can't handle the internet or having a voice
>>
>>81054326
The Japs seem to love Death Note and L was like "their Joker" for a while since the actor that played him did such a good job he even got awards.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.