[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: sal herrera.jpg (89KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
sal herrera.jpg
89KB, 618x412px
What was the point of this character?
>>
to put forest whitaker in the trailer and bring some gravitas to the film for your failed oscar bid because they forgot to make a good movie too
>>
File: splash-swrebels2017-790x494[1].jpg (58KB, 790x494px) Image search: [Google]
splash-swrebels2017-790x494[1].jpg
58KB, 790x494px
>>
>>81051143
Plot device with bonus points for diversity
>>
He is an authoritarian rebel, basically to show the dirty side of the rebels.
>>
he was meant to be the anti-darth vader
>>
>>81051143
BOR GULLET WILL KNOW THE TRUTH!
*never references bor gullet again*
>>
diversity and this >>81051199
>>
To make political x-tremism seem neat and interesting
>>
What was the point of any character? I mean the robot was funny I guess.
>>
>>81051143

The original idea was to have that role portrayed by the girl's mother, who left to form the more radicalized rebels, gets fucked up/traumatized and has similar trust issues to the point that she is suspicious of her own daughter

But you can't have women authorizing torture and terrorist-like actions, so they scrapped it.
>>
I would've preferred him and mads adventures than what we got
Thinking back the movie was a complete mess
>>
>>81051707
The robot's death was the only one I cared about. All the others were literally whos.
>>
>>81051143
He was there to show sympathy for terrorists. His hair is even styled like an Arabic person. The movie was very anti-system. The Empire is a bunch of old white men trying to control the world and everyone fighting against them comprises the left and their beliefs.

That's why even though he was made out to be a good guy with respect to the protagonist, he still had to die because they had to weave in an anti-terrorist message while showing he had been wronged by the white men too.
>>
>>81051743
this
why do robots always have the most character in movies
>>
>>81051143

All culture war bullshit aside the point of his character was to show that the rebellion isn't a squeaky clean organization of do-good boy scouts, and he was also there to attempt to give Jyn some kind of spin on her backstory. The idiots saying that this is trying to make people sympathetic for terrorism were watching the movie with their eyes closed.
>>
File: 1402611823069.jpg (9KB, 299x314px) Image search: [Google]
1402611823069.jpg
9KB, 299x314px
>>81051143
to connect jyn to the rebellion obviously you dumb cunt

also forrest whitaker is awesome
>>
I have to say, I was taken a back, when the hispanic guy, one of the main "heroes", got out of a pinch at the start by straight up killing the guy. Didn't expect to see this in Star Wars movie and in retrospect, it is disappointing Disney mangled with production to make it more family friendly, the original pitch was probably a lot more mature and morally grey.
>>
>>81051199
fpbp
>>
DUDE CHE GUEVARA LMAO
>>
>>81051202
JUST
>>
>>81051202
Being a watcher of all things Star Wars, watching Saw Gerrera's slip into paranoia over the course of multiple media has been a fun ride.
>>
File: 1440248517711.gif (902KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
1440248517711.gif
902KB, 500x291px
>>81051646
>yfw Bohdi was so twitchy the Bor Gullet couldn't get a read on whether or not he was telling the truth

His resistance to the mind probe was considerable.
>>
>>81052000
>I can't climb out of here with my arm like this!
>Shh shh stay calm it's going to be okay.
*ZAP*

I got hard in the theater like I was 13 or some shit. Krennic's deathtroopers shooting Lira was expected, but a Rebel agent greasing his homie to make a getaway? Came from out of nowhere. I love Cassian for that.
>>
>>81051143
I feel like I'm the only one who liked this guy. The only problem: he was underused. He should've come with them and died fighting while providing more characterization to the plot.
>>
>>81052000
>Disney mangled with production to make it more family friendly
That scene was added in reshoots though.
>>
>>81051143
trailer bait
>>
>>81051143
diversity quota
>>
>>81051199
>forest whitaker
>gravitas
top kek hes a semi-known b-list actor
>>
>>81051873
but that was already established near the beginning where the male lead (don't remember his name) murdered a trooper and some other guy and was later given secret orders to kill mads.
>>
>>81053991
Got list of scenes added in reshoots?
>>
>>81056644
gravitas does not imply notoriety
>>
>No! Leave me on this planet so I can die for no real reason!

Epic story there Starwarbabies
>>
File: 1440948588413.jpg (104KB, 824x792px) Image search: [Google]
1440948588413.jpg
104KB, 824x792px
>>81051619
This anon knows

>>81053621

That shit hooked me too. The fact that he was willing to kill someone he knew right up close made his decision not to kill Galen all the more interesting.
>>
>>81051143
he was apparently in that clone wars cartoon so i guess they wanted to give his character closure
>>
>>81051143
Black MC's mentor.
>>
>>81056724
Don't have a list but i remember there being some information from someone that the reshoots actually darkened things up a fair bit. Like e.g. most of the main cast was meant to survive, but then they made the descision for all the characters to die instead
>>
File: Complete Saw.png (924KB, 1083x494px) Image search: [Google]
Complete Saw.png
924KB, 1083x494px
>>81051202
Why do his eyes randomly change?
>>
Because he's a fictional character who doesn't really exist and never will. You've wasted hours, days, YEARS, thinking about inane bullshit related to these inklings of nothingness whose closest chance to really being on planet is the mere idea of them floating around in the useless minds of you and a billion other no-life nerds. Wake up. You've wasted your existence. You've let the limitless potential of your life wither away into DUST all because you wanted to sit criss-cross applesauce and talk about the eye color of a space-nigger in your pew-pew science fiction shit smoothie. Kill yourself, you cockroach.
>>
File: thnu7.jpg (47KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
thnu7.jpg
47KB, 332x500px
>>81062348
daaaang
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.