[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell spoilers by a SJW @sofakissen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 44

>Let's talk about the whitewashed trainwreck that is "Ghost in the Shell"... if you still want to watch the movie: beware of spoilers.

The movie argues that Scarlett Johannson is actually Japanese. The whitewashing is a plot point. It still leaves me speechless.

The plot twist is that Scarlett Johansson is the brain of the Japanese girl Motoko Kusanagi in the body of a white person.

The peak of the absurdity is that they even cast a Japanese actress as Motoko for a flashback, but you never see her face.

The movie ends with Johannson standing in front of Motoko Kusanagis grave, being hugged by her Japanese mother. What the fuck.

So if this is really supposed to be the start of a franchise, it starts with literally killing the Japanese origins of the story.

They cut the scene where Johansson kisses a woman, shown in the trailer. It's noteable because there's an (implied) male love interest.

They also almost completely cut out Togusa, played by Chin Han. He's barely an extra but it feels like his role was bigger at some point.

And then there's also a transphobic joke... in a science fiction movie where robot people are fully accepted.

There needs to be a lot of discussion following this film but I worry that it'll be hindered by the fear of openly talking about "spoilers".
>>
>>81050751

Y'know what I don't like about Scarjo's Major? The fucking clown makeup.
>>
I'm surprised how triggered the White / Japanese thing is for /tv/

I mean the approach sounds perfectly reasonable. Anime can never decide if they are Japanese or White so why not do both.
>>
i bet the transphobic joke isnt transphobic at all
>>
>>81050751

All anime characters are made to look as white as humanly possible so what's the big deal.
>>
File: 1464639808776.jpg (4KB, 250x159px) Image search: [Google]
1464639808776.jpg
4KB, 250x159px
They also almost completely cut out Togusa, played by Chin Han. He's barely an extra but it feels like his role was bigger at some point.
>>
>>81050751
Hmm. I wouldn't want to give much credit to the filmmakers, but it's known that anime characters are given western features (as well as many Asians themselves undergoing surgery to "widen" their eyes).

This COULD be seen as a pretty meta commentary on the practice, but having not seen the movie I'm not sure how it plays out.
>>
>>81050883
I guarantee its along the lines of scarjo finding out she was someone else and another character saying "you weren't a man, were you?"

Also transphobia isn't real as it is completely natural to be uncomfortable with deviations from the species norm.
>>
>>81050751
MODS MODS MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!

WE NEED THIS TO GET A GOOD BOX OFFICE SO WE GET MORE ANIME ADAPTIONS AND LESS AMERICAN SUPER HERO CINEMATIC UNIVERSES.

PLEASE DONT LET OP HERE RUIN MOVIE FOR OTHERS
>>
How long untill /tv/ realises that liking this shit is contratian?
>>
>>81050879
I think it's more that Asian-American actors cannot get hired to save their lives, and no one can figure out why. That's why Keanu Reeves keeps on getting those weird 47 Ronin roles, because he looks asian enough but is white enough to get butts in seats
>>
>>81050751
>needless spaces
>>
>>81050751
What the fuck were the filmmakers supposed to do caught between Scarjo starpower, butthurt weeaboos, and butthurt SJWs
>>
>>81050883
>>81051044

Lupin the Third starring Gary Busey would be amazing.
>>
>>81051055
>I think it's more that Asian-American actors cannot get hired to save their lives, and no one can figure out why

Cos they fucking suck at emotions. Why do you think most of their media is animated? It's easier to draw a cartoon looking shocked than making a Jap look shocked.
>>
File: IMG_1223.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
>>81050984
Anime has big eyes because of Betty Boop and Tom and Jerry. Nips like cute stuff, big eyes make things cuter, you end up with anime.
>>
>>81050751
Holy shit this is cyberkino
Apologize
>>
File: index.png (374KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
374KB, 460x460px
Wow a Hollywood adaptation of an anime with a jew as the main character is terrible, color me fucking shocked bro, who could've predicted this?
>>
>>81050751
>fear of openly talking about "spoilers

Can you give us a summary?
>>
>>81051055
Reeves is 1/4 asian
>>
>>81051178
Most if their media is live acting you'll never see it because no one subs it because it's shit because Asians are shit at emotions and have to overact to a ridiculous level.
>>
Ahahaha that sounds retarded

Bravo Hollywood
>>
>>81051055
There are literally no good Asian American afford working today
>>
>>81050751
>The plot twist is that Scarlett Johansson is the brain of the Japanese girl Motoko Kusanagi in the body of a white person.
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>81051044
oh yeah, more garbage aimed at "geek culture" is what we need
>>
fake and gay
>>
>>81051178

Let's be honest the majority of them are ugly. And if they can barely portray emotions before surgery, it's ten times harder after surgery
>>
Didn't Makoto have a pretty athletic body in the original? Why do we get this fat dumpy Jew with a fridge physique instead?
>>
>>81051390
*actors
>>
>>81051396
Get out RWJ and go back to making your shitty Facebook videos.
>>
>jap director wants white girl to be major
>the writer of the manga says major isnt asian
>anime in general is made to use western looking characters
>m-muh white wash

these fucking idiots
>>
>>81050751

Sounds exactly what I'd expect out of Ghost in the Shell and why her body looks fucking white. I see this cunt fails to understand the basic aspect of GiTs ,
>>
>>81050751
The first thing that the original anime movie says is that race no longer exists since people can choose their own artificial bodies. I've been telling people for years that this is inevitably going to happen in reality no matter how you look at it. Even though artificial bodies won't be a thing for a long time, the advent of genetic engineering/modification means people will be able to choose their baby's race/ethnicity/looks within this century. How many people do you honestly think are not going to choose to look white.
>>
>>81051412
Because normies fell for the "Scarlet is so hot XD" meme
>>
>>81051462
She was hot though, Like 15 years ago.
>>
Majority of people are only seeing this for scarjo in that bodysuit.
>>
how does ScarJo keep getting action roles?

her only performance that wasn't an embarrassment was as a soulless alien
>>
OP hasn't seen the film, the Japanese girl's face is seen (It's also in the art book so his troll wasn't even well researched) and the final scene is a bullshit superhero shot.
>>
>>81051459
SJW's and people who want to virtue signal.
I bet you will see a lot of hipster parents have pitch black babies.
>>
>>81051459
>How many people do you honestly think are not going to choose to look white.
>he thinks white is gonna be appealing in a world where you can be anything

There's a reason racist people can't write sci fi.
>>
>>81050751
Motoko was always a dyke though
>>
>>81051520
she was bi but preferred women
>>
Bait op and all, this movie is going to suck major, hehe, balls.
The visuals might be ok, but the intent behind it seems to make an action syfy franchise for Boring McManlyface Johanson.
I hope it fucking bombs and that it finishes Rupert Cuck career for good and takes down Johanson a peg or two.
>>
>>81050751

How much you want to bet that if they made a sequel and she was in a Black Shell, they wouldn't say shit? I fucking promise you something like this would happen.
>>
>>81051459
>The first thing that the original anime movie says is that race no longer exists

It states the exact opposite
>>
File: 1481310535073.jpg (51KB, 465x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481310535073.jpg
51KB, 465x512px
>>81050751
>The movie ends with Johannson standing in front of Motoko Kusanagis grave, being hugged by her Japanese mother
>>
I watched a video where a guy was going around Japan asking people what they thought of europeans staring in hollywood adaptations of anime series. They used Ghost in the Shell as the example.

The general response was "Makes sense, they look like anime. etc.".
>>
>>81051514
>>81051515
As far as skin color goes, people will probably choose a variety of tones, tan will probably be popular. But as far as physical features go, caucasian/european will obviously be the most popular. The vast majority of the world has a strong preference for the delicate facial structure found in people with european ancestry. Just as an average black man what they prefer.
>>
>mfw this fucking dreck doesn't ends with loli Motoko setting up Innocence were Batou gets recasted from the talentless cuck they choose in this shit to Ron Pearlman.
>>
So when's naruto getting a hollywood adaptation?
>>
>>81051641
>caucasian/european will obviously be the most popular.
Why? What are you basing this conclusion on?

>inb4 p-people watch hollywood!

wew, sci fi stuff if I've ever seen it.
>>
>>81051686
hopefully never
>>
>>81051686
they already working on it
>>
>>81051044
>we
Get lost
>>
>>81050751
Sorry bro I think she's cute sorry I like girls too much im sry
>>
>>81050751
We now live in a time where a good film will get bad reviews solely because the main character is white.

what went wrong?
>>
>>81051717
and idris elba is naruto
>>
File: kyoryu-rg-ramirez.jpg (72KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
kyoryu-rg-ramirez.jpg
72KB, 600x300px
>>81050751

I hope they keep doing this shit just to trigger "Americanized' minorities. don't come to America to represent your damn country, you have your country, the place you're oh so proud of but do nothing to fix it, do it there! Nobody in Japan is going to bitch that a foreigner would play a ranger in their Toku shows. Nobody in Japan is going to complain that a foreigner stars in their movies because it does not affect them. They're just having fun, they're thinking "That's so cool! a foreigner Rider!"

But here in the states we have butthurt westernized Asians bitching about not being represented when they clearly are everyday in the manga, anime, and movies. They don't want representation, they want to attention seek and be on top. They want to feel superior to others.
>>
>>81050751
who fucking cares about SJW bullshit.

seriously, go kill yourself if you do
>>
>>81051055
Maybe because these movies are made in primarily white countries where the main demographic is white people.
>>
funny no one looks at asian cinema and says "this is too asian"

no one looks at indian cinema and says "this is too indian"

why are white people blamed for everything even in our own countries?
>>
i really dont care about a white girl playing major, but you gotta admit that its pretty fucked up they went through the trouble of making her havea japanese girl origin and having her mother hug her.
its basically a giant fuck you.

also how the fuck could they cut togusa
>>
>>81052163

Because they want to be represented but they don't seek that possibility in their country. Probably because they don't want to represent, they just want to attention seek. Why do you think westernized Asians are trash?
>>
>>81051943
>idris elba
>not adam sandler
>>
File: 1370846530231.png (2MB, 1673x896px) Image search: [Google]
1370846530231.png
2MB, 1673x896px
>>81050751
What bothers me a lot nowadays is...
PEOPLE ARE TO MUCH INVOLVED IN FALLOWING OF CREATION PROCESS OF MOVIES.
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WAIT.
Go and cry in Bay's fb that bees aren't all yellow. Bees have black stripes too.
fucking /tv/ dwellers.
>>
>>81052199
they don't seek that possibility because they are lazy, they don't try to make their own movies, everything must be handed to them on demand otherwise you're racist.
>>
>togusa cut out
As if I needed another confirmation that they do not understand the material
>>
>>81052268

Exactly. I'm telling you man, if I make an anime YouTube channel I'd trigger the fuck out of people when I point that out. They feel so strong about their race but they're fucking lazy as shit about representing it. That's really funny.
>>
>>81051055
They aren't good actors and arent black or Mexican so there isn't an agenda to push with them.
>>
>>81052268
>>81052325
>>they don't try to make their own movies
>live action adaptations are actually very common in Japan

>if I make an anime YouTube channel I'd trigger the fuck out of people
God, I love watching people humiliate the fuck out of themselves without even noticing.
>>
Togusa being cut explains to me why the Chief is suddenly using a Revolver. I bet they merge the characters.
>>
>>81050751
that sounds like a 100% leftist movie commenting on the way asian women are socially pressured to look white using cosmetics and surgery. in a world where your actual appearance can be trivially altered, your race becomes a subject of fashion. it was obvious since the earliest info that this is what the movie was going to be about. maybe once someone explains to the sjw that it's a commentary on racism he'll realize he liked it all along.
>>
>>81052425
>Togusa being cut

Who said he was cut?
>>
If it was a jap girl brain in a nigger it would be stunning and brave.
>>
>>81052387

NATIVE Japanese people make live-action adaptations. WESTERNIZED Japanese don't do shit but bitch on any social platform. Try reading my statement again.
>>
>>81052387
we're talking about in white countries dumbass
>>
>>81051131
Steven Seagal as Jigen
Cary Togawa as Goemon
Mel Gibson as Zenigata

Imagine the scenery-chewing.
>>
>>81052492
>WESTERNIZED Japanese don't do shit but bitch on any social platform.
>he says on a board constantly filled with white people bitching about MUH REPRESENTATION

Stupid people pretend they own movies because people who kinda look like them appear on screen. What's new?
>>
>>81052492
Not him but your statement is basically
>Americans do nothing but bitch
Yeah. We've noticed.
>>
>>81052548
There's a lot less white people in here than you imagine, bub.
>>
>>81050751

is dat some naruto cosplay
>>
>>81052634
Which makes the whole "WHERE'S THE WHITE PEOPLE???" all the more stupid, really.
>>
>>81052548
because it matters.

only last week there was controversy over casting a white actor to play Iron Fist who is a white character. it even received a lot of negative reviews mainly because of this.

How long until all the studios start giving in to these insane demands?
>>
>>81050751
The japanese are the ones doing the whitewashing, what japanese person looks like Batou or Togusa?
>>
>>81052275
Togusa was man in need of exposition for most of the time anyway.
>>
>>81050751
>And then there's also a transphobic joke... in a science fiction movie where robot people are fully accepted.
Even in the future, people still treat trannies like mentally ill animals. Awesome
>>
>>81052663
>because it matters.
Not really. Iron Fist was a shit show regardless of whatever they said about his race.
>>
>>81052548

I don't get how you reach the conclusion that I'm the same as the idiots here complaining that they're not represented. I'll tel them the same shit. If they don't do shit, you don't get to complain about not being represented. work for it, stop being a bitch.

I want to see more European fantasies, I want to see more Chanbara movies, but what I see now is idiots on social media just typing away their autistic hatred towards anyone not like them.
>>
>>81052707
Now you're shifting goalposts, the quality of the show has nothing to do with my point.
>>
>>81052717
>European fantasies
Come again? Anything specific? If you say medieval I'm gonna stab you.
>>
File: 264525-172790-togusa.jpg (5KB, 220x201px) Image search: [Google]
264525-172790-togusa.jpg
5KB, 220x201px
>>81052669
A lot.
They are both clearly asian looking anon. There might be a small amount of deniability with Major, but not those two
>>
>>81050751
>The plot twist is that Scarlett Johansson is the brain of the Japanese girl Motoko Kusanagi in the body of a white person.
ok that's hilarious but terrible
>>81051392
it's fucking weird and it just seems like they could have cast an asian instead and it would have made more sense

even casting a white person and not doing this would have been an improvement

i'm not even a sjw but this is uniquely fucking stupid
>>81052169
exactly
>>
>>81052663
Did you read what you're complaining about? I doubt they were complaining about a white guy playing a white character rather the white character being kinda backwards in the context. Which makes (some) sense since the character's from the 70s.
>>
>>81052748
>the quality of the show has nothing to do with my point.
You directly suggest the bad reviews are due to his race, when in reality most of the reviews include a fair amount of time dedicated to criticizing the awful acting, writing and choreography.

Him being a very dry and unremarkable white guy was only the icing on the cake. My point still stands, people complain about it as if entertainment was a white thing or something.
>>
>>81051591
>"I guess in the end I really was a Ghost In The Shell"
fucking really?
>>
>>81052779

I'm fucking drunk and angry, leave me alone man. I mean European-esque fantasies. Like more of Tolkien, maybe something like The Riftwar Cycle and if I'm saying medieval than it doesn't have to be like that. I just want people to stop bitching and actually delve deep into the History of their people and create something man. what happened to creativity? All we got is hatredd.
>>
>>81052669
Isn't Batou American or something? He was in the Rangers.
>>
>>81052843
>it's fucking weird and it just seems like they could have cast an asian instead and it would have made more sense
Dude, get something in your head. Without Scarlett Johannson in the lead or without another actress of similar box office weight, the movie doesn't happen. It's that simple.

Maybe it shouldn't have, I certainly second that notion; maybe it should've had a much smaller budget and done the casting differently; producers/studio chose differently.

As to whether or not it's stupid, without having seen the thing and appreciating the context, you don't really know what you're criticizing.
>>
>>81050751
I couldn't give a fuck about whitewashing because Motoko didn't have any defining asian feature anyway but ScarJo in this role is a fucking joke.
Also they butchered the plot and removed everything that made GitS so good.
The whole thing is absolute garbage but at least it looks good.
>>
She's a fucking e-brain capable of floating through cyberspace.
It's established in the show that she looked different as a child than she does in her adult shells, of which we see her in multiple different ones.

In the show its established that her past is a lie and so is her identity, identity being a theme the movies and shows all share.

Fuck off with your fake outrage lmao
>>
Well, the MGSV theory was close. The real Major showing up towards the end could have been cool, but ScarJo ACTUALLY being her is retarded. For once, I hope SJWs tear this shit down.
>>
>>81052956
Settle down, I'm not nitpicking your argument. Just curious what you meant by european fantasies considering most shit we see as "fantasy" is already european with the odd exception.

But seriously, enough medieval Tolkienshit mayne. I got elves and dwarves crawling out of my eyeballs at this point.
>>
>implied male love interest

WTF? Is she misreading the movie or is there a romance shoehorned in?
>>
>>81052984
>Dude, get something in your head. Without Scarlett Johannson in the lead or without another actress of similar box office weight, the movie doesn't happen. It's that simple.
kind of irrelevant but whatever
>As to whether or not it's stupid, without having seen the thing and appreciating the context, you don't really know what you're criticizing.
there is no fucking way that this is going to be done tastefully and even if it was done tastefully it'd still be fucking stupid

this is mickey rooney in breakfast at tiffanys tasteless
>>81053002
>It's established in the show
let's not pretend that anyone cared about the show right, the movie is good and that's it
>>
File: 1466706104006.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1466706104006.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>they're not adapting my cartoon right
>>
>>81050751
>The movie argues that Scarlett Johannson is actually Japanese. The whitewashing is a plot point. It still leaves me speechless.
Even Japanese don't care about the Major being white stop whining with your first world problem

>And then there's also a transphobic joke... in a science fiction movie where robot people are fully accepted.
No one give a fuck about a tranny joke grow a spine or go back to your sheltered Tumblr post
>>
>>81053088
Scarlett Johanssen could pass as an asian with how she's styled. Looks like a pudgy first movie major.
>>
>>81053074
Probably some of the chemistry between Batou and ScarJo. They've had sexual tension in real GitS before so who cares.

It's also very canon that the Major is a slut and even offered to fuck a little kid.
>>
>>81053058

I had an idea once that involved a blend of European/Japanese so I apologize if I got out of hand. I'm just mad that if I actually did that idea, people would just bitch about representation and not see for how cool it is.

That's the standard now.
>>
>>81051856
agreed
>>
>>81053133
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH NO ONE CARES

Apperently lot of people including you care
>>
>>81053152
>Scarlett Johanssen could pass as an asian with how she's styled
don't forget slanty eyes and buckteeth
>>
>>81050751
>People could argue about the following thing about the movie
>completely miss core theme of GiTS
>Robocop plot ripoff
>But no upper middle class white 'murican sperge only about the fact that the Major is white while japanese doesn't even give a fuck about it.
>>
>>81053160
The whole point of the scene with the kid was to show that Major has the social experience of a child, not make her a slut.
>>
>>81053088
>kind of irrelevant but whatever
Not really. You asked for "an asian". This movie simply doesn't happen with "an asian" in the starring role.

Why would it be distasteful or stupid to stuff a dead jap's personality inside a "white" robot? It's a fucking robot. If anything the only thing here that's racist is the implication that you can put your mind in another vessel but that vessel has to be the same "race".
>>
>>81053190
people seeing imaginary oppression everywhere are cancer
>>
>>81053348
You are cancer and your argument sucks.
I agree with you though.
>>
File: bork4.jpg (64KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
bork4.jpg
64KB, 500x669px
>>81050751
>ScarJew
>white
>>
>>81053348
This is hilarious coming from a poster on /tv/...
>>
>>81053170
You said european and samurai movies, I immediately thought of Kurosawa adapting Shakespeare. I can certainly see some bitching if the reverse were to happen. (ie some brit adapting some japanese play to medieval england). Eh I guess we just have to get used to people bitching about everything. At some point society is gonna start tuning them out.
>>
>>81053088
Fuck off, faggot, SAC is based as fuck.
I'll admit Arise is garbage though.
>>
>>81053308
Why not both?
>>
>>81053332
>This movie simply doesn't happen with "an asian" in the starring role.
>Maybe it shouldn't have, I certainly second that notion; maybe it should've had a much smaller budget and done the casting differently; producers/studio chose differently.
you contradict yourself
>Why would it be distasteful or stupid to stuff a dead jap's personality inside a "white" robot?
that's not what's happening here

this is a white robot saying "i have a japanese brain"

if there was an asian with a face and halfway through the movie she gets stuffed into a white robot then it'd be fine; see face/off for a film that did something similarly
>>81053430
they're both mediocre compared to the film
>>
>>81053476
>this is a white robot saying "i have a japanese brain"

Why is that distasteful? Explain it to me like i'm a stupid retard.

Also I think Scarjo looks pretty asian with how she's styled, so the only real "issue" is some top asian actor missing a role-
>>
>>81053591
because it's like a white person saying i'm black on the inside and it steals roles from poc
>Also I think Scarjo looks pretty asian with how she's styled,
she doesn't look asian you blind man
>so the only real "issue" is some top asian actor missing a role-
it's a trend in hollywood right now and it's dumb

first dr strange, then iron fist, now this
>>
>>81053404
>jews are not a race
>>
>>81050751
I never saw the original movie. Is Tachikoma in this movie?
>>
>>81051696
People say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that's not entirely true. Yes personal preferences can be a factor, but there is a mathematical standard for beauty, and this completely applies to facial structure. On average, the facial features found in Europeans are the most aesthetically pleasing to the majority of nationalities on earth. This is patently obvious to anyone who travels.
>>
>>81053747
I might be wrong but I don't think they are in the original movie.
>>
File: notsowhiteface.jpg (132KB, 740x972px) Image search: [Google]
notsowhiteface.jpg
132KB, 740x972px
>>81050751
>but you never see her face.
Here you go m8.
>>
>>81053819
Jesus christ, they totally went for the self-insert faggotron from SAC2gig as the Puppetmaster...fuck this movie and fuck me for wasting my time in this thread.
>>
File: asian woman.jpg (99KB, 1029x381px) Image search: [Google]
asian woman.jpg
99KB, 1029x381px
>>81053667
She looks a lot more like one of the first google results for asian woman than white woman. If you didn't know who she was and was played by an asian you wouldn't bat an eye.
The only people who would see it as "stealing roles from poc" I think are people already coming in with a meta narrative. Most audience would see it I would probably be surprised at first then realize that it makes sense cause she's a robot.
>>
Just came back from the movie. It was breathtaking.
>>
>>81053763
Because of the higher degree of Neanderthal DNA. H. Sapiens were basically half-lings before they intermixed with H. Neanderthalis.
>>
File: nordic woman.jpg (18KB, 324x346px) Image search: [Google]
nordic woman.jpg
18KB, 324x346px
>>
>>81054110
literally my sister
>>
>>81053819

So, what was the erasure here? If I became a Robot, I expect to look something different than my original identity.
>>
File: anglo woman.jpg (27KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
anglo woman.jpg
27KB, 300x382px
>>81053970
>>81054110
>>
>>81050751
If shes Motoko Kusanagi then why did they change her name
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
ScarJo nailed it, guys. She did a pretty good job even if she was probably there for the movie to have a big name to shove in some people's faces (so the movie can "happen")
>>
>>81050883
It's a trans person with boobs peeing in an urinal and Batou in the next urinal being weirded out
>>
>>81054110
>>81054158
Pretty ugly bitches famalamb
>>
>>81053476
How can you claim they are mediocre compared to this movie? This one is crap!!
>>
>>81053970
You either blind or just a retard.
>>
Just came back from seeing it. Pure cyberkino.
>>
>>81051044
Right, /tv/ seats are single handedly gonna save the movie industry.
>>
>>81050751

So this is like MGSV over again?
>>
>>81054503
ghost in the taco belle a phantom asian
>>
>>81050751
nobody would hype about it if it was yellow.
>>
>>81054503

No because from day 1 THAT WAS HER FUCKING IMPLIED BACKSTORY BUT PEOPLE DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ THE MANGA OR WATCH THE ANIME
>>
>>81054427
Sorry for not spending all my time looking into every minor detail of "race" and knowing every bone structure trivia shit while claiming anti racist.
You are probably some racist minority who can't look past race and act racist just in your own interests and expect white people to not act in their own interest.
To me she looks asian and I think the pictures I posted speak for themselves.
>>
>>81054575
Then why not just make the Major a black dude?
>>
>>81054726

Why not go fuck yourself?
>>
>>81054575
I watch movies. Not chinese cartoons.
>>
I'd honestly go see this if this bitch wasn't in it. Partly because I dislike Scarlett Johansson and partly because it's whitewashed bullshit and a middle finger to asians
>>
>>81054779
If you see it as "a middle finger to asians" then it is one.
Even though asians don't give half a shit.
>>
>>81054753
Why not go fuck YOURself
>>
She's transracial, I don't get the big deal
>>
>>81054859
Why do you pretend to speak for all asians?

>>81054779
Any asian story is bound to be misenterpreted by the west and whitewashed in one way or the other. I don't cry about Attack on Titans japwashing my german culture, I think the mix is great and something completely different (AoT sucks in other aspects though).
>>
Who plays the puppet master?
>>
>>81055668

I think they fused him with Kuze.
>>
>>81053997
Can you confirm the spoilers in the OP? Did they really go with the asian original body thing?
>>
File: 1467025442113.jpg (123KB, 800x860px) Image search: [Google]
1467025442113.jpg
123KB, 800x860px
>>81050751
well I might go see it after all
>>
>>81056227
see
>>81053819
>>
>>81056309
Damn. That's kinda shitty. So they basically admit that the asianification thing was for Scarjo.
>>
>>81055135
>Why do you pretend to speak for all asians?
I just supposed that they have better things to do than to get offended by some little Hollywood tricks to make the characters look more badass.
I mean imo asians girls look cute. Too cute. Not really fit for badass roles. Take the girl from "The Great Wall" as an example.
>>
>>81051055
Asians should learn how not to overact and they might get hired.
>>
How'd they get around this?
>>
DUDE JUST CAST AN ASIAN PERSON AND FURTHER INCREASE THE FINANCIAL RISK YOU ARE ALREADY TAKING LMAO
>>
>>81056391
Why do you think asians have better things to do but whites don't?
>>
>>81056460
Its in the trailer.
>>
>>81052241
I disagree. I like to get as much info as I can before I spend money on something. The director, writer, cast and even the marketing were red-flags but i wouldn't have known half as much as I do if I didn't check in on these out of curiosity. I might have actually payed to see this turd and gotten burned on it.
Instead I'm just going to watch it for free online and bitch about it on the internet.
>>
How are tranny jokes frowned upon? It's realistic to include them. Trans people will never be accepted on a wide scale
>>
>>81056510
DUDE I LIKE SAFE MOVIES THAT DON'T TAKE RISKS LMAO
DUDE I CARE ABOUT THE ECONOMICS OF MOVIEMAKING LMAO
>>
>>81056602
Even if they won't, the people in the GitS should be the last to be surprised by trannies.
>>
>/tv/ now complains about whitewashing too

Woah, this place gets worse all the time
>>
>>81051131
I would buy that shit just for the giggles.
>>
>>81056566

The trailer doesn't show her ripping her arms out
>>
>>81056691
I mean motherfucking Batou that knows about cyberbodies and shit, gets weirded out by a female having a dick? This is everyday in GitS world. People can now get any kind of body.
>>
>>81056618
DUDE I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE BEING SAFE THUS CALLING MY OWN INTELLIGENCE INTO QUESTION LMAO
>>
>>81050751
I don't see why it matters that they switch the race...as long as the character's good :^)
>>
>>81056460
It won't be as cool no matter what they do.
>>
>>81050751
That's a pretty reasonable approach desu.
I mean in a world full of cybernetics where the body is treated as just a shell, there's no reason why race would even matter.
>>
File: 1465157843143.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1465157843143.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>They also almost completely cut out Togusa, played by Chin Han. He's barely an extra but it feels like his role was bigger at some point.

Does he at least have the Mateba
>>
>>81056777
It's done well, I was breathless with how they managed to do it. She does rip one arm off
>>
>>81056380
If/When you see the move it makes sense, I was actually glad they did it.
>>
I was worried it would be the ScarJo show, I know she's the main character but since it's based off Stand Alone Complex I was hoping for the other members of Section 9 to get screentime. At least we get to see a lot of Batou though right?
>>
File: batkek.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
batkek.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>Average Rating: 5.7/10
>>
>>81050879

This desu, Kira Yoshikage is supposed to be the deranged scion of an ancient samurai family, and was designed to look like David Bowie. And then you have Guts who is supposed to be European but looks somewhat Japanese.
>>
>>81055668
No body. That would be to weird.
>>
>>81058613
Guts doesn't look like Japanese one bit. Just because of his eye, doesn't make him half Japanese m8.
>>
>>81055668
Not appearing in this film, neither are refugees, so what you're left with is Blade Runner with a vagina
>>
>>81058854
>>81058975
then how is this ghost in the shell?
>>
>>81059332
Because they bought the license
>>
So are Batou's eyes normal but then suddenly robotic in the movie? Is there a time lapse? He's supposed to get them as a Ranger.
>>
>>81059428
He loses them after he sees ScarJo in the suit for the first time, he never wanted to see something like that again
>>
>>81050751
>cut out Togusa
what the fuck

dropped
>>
>>81053730
man i wish i was spoonfed that opinion
>>
>>81050912
gr8, m8, I r8 you 8/8
>>
>>81052669
Batou is of French origin
Togusa is very Japanese
>>
>25 years later
>Millions of dollars
>Still the original is light years ahead in absolutely everything
Where did we go wrong, /tv/?
>>
>>81060397
Kept giving them money to make stuff. vote with your wallet.
>>
>>81056460
Scarlett fart over the tank
>>
>>81053476
SAC is great what the fuck are you talking about you dolt?

Holy shit get off my board, get off my website, and get off my earth.
Stay out of my afterlife too, you giant faggot.
>>
File: 1490259014895.png (60KB, 772x198px) Image search: [Google]
1490259014895.png
60KB, 772x198px
>>81050751
>>
File: 1428653802258.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1428653802258.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
I FUCKING TOLD YOU FAGS.
YOU GOT PLAYED GOING TO SEE THIS TO STICK IT TO THE SJW'S.
>>
>>81060765
Stop posting this pic in every thread you unbearable faggot
>>
>>81050751

So a gook turns into a jew? She's transjewish?
>>
>>81060842
then go back to /pol/ you cuck, and stop posting on /tv/
>>
Can someone tell me how large of a role Takeshi Kitano has? He's the only reason I would want to see it at this point.
>>
>>81051178
>It's easier to draw a cartoon looking shocked than making a Jap look shocked.
It's actually the opposite, nips overact in their shows and use exaggerated expressions
>>
>>81050751
My theory: they changed it at the last minute after seeing how hard the leftards shat on the film, trying to appeal instead to the anti-SJW crowd, but coulnd't deliver something convincing on time, so you end up with a chimera.
>>
>>81050751
I don't understand why the whitewashing thing is a problem.

EVERY country does this. They cast people of their own predominant race as the main characters.

It's just capitalism, marketing statistics show it sells better domestically.
>>
>>81052169
I wouldn't have minded if ScarJo wasn't so shit in everything.
>>
>>81057262
He does.

>>81058383
Yes, him and Takeshi Kitano are the best part of the movie. Also the movie is surprisingly good.
Just like every property has their own style, themes and Major so does this one. It's funny how "ITS OKAY WHEN ARISE/SAC/1995 MOVIE DOES IT" by diverging from the fucking manga, but the Americans and Chinese do it and these nerds lose is.
>>
>>81060954
The movie is actually good. Kitano is great in it and gets a ton of scenes, including shooting some niggers. He has great presence.
>>
>>81052425
exactly
i was like why is togusa 65 years old?
>>
>>81050751
Trannies are gay anon
>>
>>81050789
Y'know what I don't like about Scarjo's Major? The fact that she is played by Scarjo.
>>
>>81051018
>another character saying "you weren't a man, were you?"
oh god this is exactly what it's gonna be isn't it
>>
>>81061346
>ITS OKAY WHEN ARISE/SAC/1995 MOVIE DOES IT
because those add to the franchise, this is a cash grab
>>
>>81050751
I really don't care about casting. How is the music? Is it good? Does it have a giant street parade?
>>
>>81062093
Remix dubstep
>>
File: 1465376473135.png (16KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
1465376473135.png
16KB, 599x605px
>>81050751
so the producers DID get the point... cool I'll probably go see it.

It'll still be probably just about that one thing because identity politics are a fucking swamp
>>
>>81050751
>Motoko Kusanagi is now her real name
Wow they really paid close attention source material. They explicitly say it's an obvious alias like two pages into the fucking manga.

Surely one of the Japanese people involved with this must have pointed out how ridiculous it sounds as an actual given name, but I guess only nip audiences will notice so who gives a fuck.
>>
>>81062474
>Motoko Kusanagi
so is it like somebody being called "Mary Armchair" or something like that?
>>
>>81061392
Why in the god damn fuck is Aramaki shooting people? Is he an entirely different character?
>>
>movie gets one of the themes of the source material right
>SJWs still tear it apart
>>
>>81062584
Jane Excalibur more like it
>>
File: 1488664152395.jpg (1MB, 1280x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1488664152395.jpg
1MB, 1280x1464px
>>81050751
>it's another "SJW's hates one aspect of something so /tv/ defaults to liking it out of spite" episode
>>
>>81062921
ah, ok.
>>
File: angrypersontweets.png (179KB, 540x443px) Image search: [Google]
angrypersontweets.png
179KB, 540x443px
What the fuck. I came here to make some sense of what's going on I'm even more confused. I mean maybe it's because I'm to 4chan for answers but it's not like I can turn to Tumblr or Reddit for this shit. And the news media can't be trusted.

So is it whitewashing or is it not? And is the actual movie any good because I don't think anyone really talked about that
>>
>>81050751
>The plot twist is that Scarlett Johansson is the brain of the Japanese girl Motoko Kusanagi in the body of a white person
That's not a twist.
>>
>>81050751
>Johansson kisses a woman, shown in the trailer
Something close actually happened, in that Mira hire a un-enhanced prostitute (heavily implied to be a tranny) and get touchy feely with her/him. It's for scientific purpose though, she wants to know what being human is actually like.
>>
>>81062734
Hey, those people are shooting him first. And they are Hanka's mercenaries anyway, they had it coming.
>>
>>81063247
>So is it whitewashing or is it not?
it was never whitewashing, she's always been japanese
>>
>>81063247
>So is it whitewashing or is it not?
Unless you're a Twitter SJW, do you really care? If you need to apply a name to it, call it "Forced Controversy."
>>
>>81059428
This Batou was not a Ranger. He never said he was in the military. As for his eyes, they were damaged in one of the raid for Kuze, and was enhanced after that. That was a really sad scene.
>>
File: IMG_1477.png (616KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1477.png
616KB, 614x614px
Box office prediction:
$23 million domestic
>>
Who gives a fuck. Huh? oh look no one. There are zero Japanese actors worth shit only shitty chinese actors.
>>
Already bought IMAX tickets

Fuck weebs
>>
>>81051131
Isn't Lupin actually white, or am misrembering? Mixed?
>>
>>81064357
He's most likely French.
>>
>>81050751
>transphobic joke? but there are robots?!?!
I love how entitled to the future ultra-liberals are. They literally CANNOT IMAGINE a world in which the social vectors they find the most pleasant haven't completely taken over. They make christian eschatology look like a brainstorming exercise.
>>
>>81064386
>In typical anime style, Lupin's appearance is racially ambiguous and tend to oblique his origins. He has black hair plastered flat with what is either a widow's peak or a V-shaped bang on the forehead.
>Lupin described himself to an Imperial soldier as being mixed heritage Japanese. Goemon immediately countered by saying Lupin wasn't Japanese, but still worthy of respect.
>Lupin's ethnic origins haven't been specified; in the 2008 OVA Green Vs. Red, a dossier held by Zenigata indicates his place of birth as "unknown".
> He admits being French like his grandfather, but apparently lives in Japan. Inspector Zenigata has called him Japanese and Lupin himself once referred to himself as "half-Japanese, half-French" (2nd TV series, episode 118).
>>
>>81064680
Ok.
>>
>>81063247
It's not whitewashing because the Major is a completely fictional character, and technically has an artificial body. Normal people don't care who portrays the character, they just want a good scifi action movie to watch. Besides, Japanese people don't like SJW's and their fake loyalty to glorious nippon.
>>
>>81051322
Can someone explain the correlation between acting and Judaism? Or is this just a shitty /pol/ meme?
>>
>>81065098
it's the reason why we don't have gfs
>>
File: 090415-amy-schumer.jpg (690KB, 684x824px) Image search: [Google]
090415-amy-schumer.jpg
690KB, 684x824px
>>81065098
Hardcore nepotism
>>
>>81050912
Of course you would think everyone in anime looks white. All you white people look alike.
>>
File: 1488.jpg (167KB, 1800x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1488.jpg
167KB, 1800x1165px
>>81051055
Go back to r/AsianMasculinity
>>
>>81051044
Fuck you shill and this movie.
>>
File: The Battle of Midway .jpg (187KB, 518x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Battle of Midway .jpg
187KB, 518x648px
Asians suck at acting
>>
File: LosAlamos.jpg (269KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
LosAlamos.jpg
269KB, 640x427px
How could one tree-covered mesa in Northern New Mexico cause so much butthurt and autism in modern day Asian """men"""?
>>
>>81051178
I feel this is sarcastic. J-drama is terrible tho.
>>
File: IMG_4252.jpg (51KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4252.jpg
51KB, 377x377px
>>81050751
>Honestly the media has no one to blame but themselves. They have brainshed a portion of society to be obsessed with racial/sexual/gender identity and now you see the left eating itself.

>The Oscars gets called racist.
Black Viking and Knights on TV.

>Scarlet Jo can't play an anime robot because some white people think Asian people give a shit.

>And gay Power Rangers for no reason

We need an anti-identity polotics movement that isn't /pol/'S white nationalist meme. Just completely reject this obsession with inclusion as a marketing ploy and focus on story and characters.
>>
>>81054575
Because thats not in the manga or anime

The body in the comics and the anime series is a mass produced asian girl
>>
>>81050751
>And then there's also a transphobic joke

The fact that you said this invalidates the rest of your opinions.
>>
File: man.jpg (10KB, 355x397px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
10KB, 355x397px
>>81052669
>batou

just dye this guys hair and give him the fake eyes.
>>
>It still leaves me speechless

Alas
>>
>>81065098
Jews are "immigrants" in every country on the planet. This means Jews are more likely to end up in "non essential" societal roles. They're not farmers or cops. They're playwrights and economists. Hollywood (this is not conspiracy, this is fact and you should look it up) was started by a bunch of Jews and just like >>81065439 said, hardcore nepotism and the feedback loop of liberal/artist/jewish culture attracting fags and outcasts and etc etc.
>>
>>81051055
have you ever seen a white person try to emote? it is physically sickening to watch
>>
>>81050751
>The movie argues that Scarlett Johannson is actually Japanese. The whitewashing is a plot point. It still leaves me speechless.
>The peak of the absurdity is that they even cast a Japanese actress as Motoko for a flashback, but you never see her face.
That's great, they are taking advantage to the fact of white washing and using it to make the plot work. It's exactly what I was wanting.
>>
File: Oshiit he actually said it.jpg (123KB, 472x570px) Image search: [Google]
Oshiit he actually said it.jpg
123KB, 472x570px
>'What issue could there possibly be with casting her?'
>>
>>81052843
>it's fucking weird and it just seems like they could have cast an asian instead and it would have made more sense
Nah, it actually works to the franchise's point of view. of removing individuality of a mechanized world.
>>
File: kiko-mizuhara-sly-3.jpg (69KB, 560x640px) Image search: [Google]
kiko-mizuhara-sly-3.jpg
69KB, 560x640px
Japanese don't have a problem with white washing because their country isn't in the west. They have their own domestic film industry where they create their own shit movies and butcher manga adaptions.

The problem in the west, is that you have roles that were written for basically Asian characters, and they get turned white, meaning the huge amounts of Asian actors struggling in Hollywood, miss out on a role that could be a break for them, it also plays up racism, that white people, only want to watch white people.

Personally, I think the white washing problem here is stupidly overblown, but it is a problem in shit like that Tom Cruise Samurai movie or whatever.

Also personally, I would have rathered the American-Japanese actress Kiko Mizuhara than ScarJo, but honestly the only reason ScarJo is there is they are banking on name recognition because they want this movie to succeed so they can start milking anime/manga with the downturn of the Super Hero shit and the crashing and burning of YA movies.
>>
>>81066518
yup
>>
File: major.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
major.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>The movie argues that Scarlett Johannson is actually Japanese.

but the Major is a human brain in a robot body, just like the cartoon. so the movie argues that Scarlett Johanssen is actually a robot body with an empty skull, which is not far off from what SJWs actually believe about white people.

is the "whitewashing" that she isn't actively and constantly oppressing PoC throughout the movie?
>>
>>81061346
Who the fuck are you kidding with? Arise was widely loathed by the fandom.
>>
>>81050751
Oh god, Kusanagi's not even The Major's real name. They explained that like real early in the manga. It's as dumb a name as "Susy Excaliber"
>>
>>81050751
hello themarysue.com, wtf are you doing here?
>>
>>81067344
damn she looks alright but kinda looks like a tranny lol
>>
File: you.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>>81065692
>>
File: whar_all_dah_white_wymen_at.jpg (353KB, 970x1644px) Image search: [Google]
whar_all_dah_white_wymen_at.jpg
353KB, 970x1644px
>>81050751
>>
>>81051412
Who the fuck is Makoto?
>>
>>81066420

Vote with your pocketbook. In the end, money is king, and if there's no money to be made pushing a given agenda, it'll be dropped by the wayside.
>>
File: RacistAnime02.jpg (370KB, 1385x923px) Image search: [Google]
RacistAnime02.jpg
370KB, 1385x923px
>>81050912
>>
>>81069249
This.

Anime characters are primarily white people. Get over it you stupid niggers.
>>
>>81051591
>Casper knew this
>>
>>81050913
its not like he did anything in the first movie either
>>
>>81069315
But the puppet masters body was white.
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.png (93KB, 295x339px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.png
93KB, 295x339px
>>81050751
> No Togusa
> "Mommy!!!" subplot
> Origins story

FUCKING PARAMOUNT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81051055
Because they are like 5% of our population,that is why when we do cast asians they are mostly from asia and are already expierenced actors.

I don't get why people think there are so many east asians here,we're not fucking Canada.
>>
>>81056460
it happens and her arm gets fucked up

they kept it pretty similar
>>
File: attack-on-titan-header-image.jpg (63KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan-header-image.jpg
63KB, 640x340px
did everyone lose their shit when the Japanese cast only Japanese actors for their Live Action AOT movie?

(specially since Mikasa is supposed to be the last Asian in the world)

what's with the double standards?
>>
>>81069484
Because weebs and sjws are reverse racists,everything white=bad,everything POC=good
>>
>>81069484
Why did they do that?
>>
>>81050751
The backgrounds and sets look great so whatever. Yeah there are issues with the casting, but as a visual experience it should still be stunning.
>>
>>81069484
>they look like cosplayers
>everyone looks the same
>can't tell who is who
>>
>>81052669

Togusa looks Japanese enough.

I've always thought of Batou as "Bateau", a French emigre living in Japan.

It just feels more fun that way.
>>
>>81069732

also the acting was cringe worthy and the effects were laughable.
>>
File: Reflection.jpg (206KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reflection.jpg
206KB, 800x600px
>>81054345
>>
>>81069315
No they're not. Most of them are Japanese but only modeled after white people.

The only ones that aren't japanese are shows like FMA and Black Lagoon.

And by the way, why the fuck would they adapt something as tough as Ghost in the Shell when they could've done FMA or Black Lagoon?
>>
File: 109178_front.jpg (369KB, 1593x2000px) Image search: [Google]
109178_front.jpg
369KB, 1593x2000px
did people made a fuss about Tom Cruise's character not being Asian in this movie like in the novel? I can't remember.
>>
>>81069814
People who aren't autistic animu weebs hae heard of Ghost In The Shell
>>
>>81069814
>modeled after white people.
Exactly.
>>
>>81069621
Because it's a Japanese anime adaption, meaning it's cashgrab schlock with close to zero budget.

The fact of the matter is that most of these kinds of movies aren't intended to leave Japan, but AoT has a big overseas fanbase so it's kind of an exception. Still, casting people as their proper races won't save movies like these.
>>
>>81069849
Full metal alchemist is extremely mainstream and they adapted an obscure japanese light novel

>>81069833
>>
>In Japan, some fans of the manga were surprised that the casting caused controversy, as many already assumed that a Hollywood production would choose a white actress in the lead role, and they felt that not too much attention should be paid to the physical appearance of the main protagonist because the dominant themes in Ghost in the Shell are the nature of self-identity and how it becomes affected with the use of different cyborg bodies that host human cyber-brains. Sam Yoshiba, director of the international business division at Kodansha's Tokyo headquarters (the company that holds the rights to the series and its characters) said, "Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast. She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place... this is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."

So it's basically just weebs complaining.
>>
>>81069833
>>81069906
That's just a Tom Cruise action movie

Nobody knew or cared that it was adapted from anime
>>
>>81069912
This quote is always fucking stupid. You're quoting the director of the international business division, as in the person who would want this to be successful. Not only that, but this company is literally the publisher of the manga from nearly 20 years ago and have played almost no role in the creation of the series.

You're right that the Japanese don't give a shit, but quote the director of the first movie adaption or something.
>>
>>81050751
Well now I'm going to rewatch the original movie while I fall asleep. I knew this would be a piece of shit.
>>
>>81070010
>You're right that the Japanese don't give a shit, but quote the director of the first movie adaption or something.
K

>Paramount released a featurette of Mamoru Oshii (director of the original films) visiting the studio, in which he says that Johansson exceeded his expectations for the role. He further stated, in an interview with IGN, that "The Major is a cyborg and her physical form is an entirely assumed one. The name 'Motoko Kusanagi' and her current body are not her original name and body, so there is no basis for saying that an Asian actress must portray her. Even if her original body (presuming such a thing existed) were a Japanese one, that would still apply", and also stating, "I can only sense a political motive from the people opposing it, and I believe artistic expression must be free from politics."
>>
If this is true, I have to say, that's pretty blatant, it's also pretty stupid, and only gives credence to their complaints.
>>
File: 1401579382499.png (348KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401579382499.png
348KB, 500x500px
>They'll give the Major a halfbaked love interest to stay in basic movie conventions instead of having her run a brothel and have lesbian orgies sometimes
>>
Jesus christ, fucking Asian people need to start pushing their own projects and getting them green-lit instead of whining like a bunch of bitches to get what they want. There are barely any content creators who are Asian to begin with, so obviously not many will give a fuck to represent them.

>WE GOT A LOT OF TALENT THOUGH
Oh really? Then make a fucking film and shut the hell up.
>>
>>81070119
The jews fear the samurai. They won't be able to get anything greenlit.
>>
>>81070074
I specifically mentioned him because I was aware of this. Better to quote him than some random suit whose only stake in the series is on how much money it makes.
>>
>>81070119
It's not really Asian people complaining. Just some Americans who are more preoccupied about inclusive social representation than in being entertained.
>>
If they cast a black or asian kid as Harry Potter for the films, these same people would be shitting themselves in nerd rage and using all the same excuses about how it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>81070112
Sex workers are victims, don't romanticize their lives
>>
>>81070119
This tbqh. They should just start adapting every shitty series from other people so we have even less original content.
>>
>>81070232
>Major did it as a hobby and side job
>Victim
>>
>>81070308
If you think sex work is a hobby then you are a monster
>>
>>81069912
>And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place
>Our expectations were already low so we don't care and aren't surprised
>>
>>81070340
It's a hobby when you're a badass attractive cyborg special forces officer with a huge apartment
>>
>>81070379
Wow, seek help

Rape is not a joke, even in fiction
>>
>>81070119
I dont think its asian people whining tbqh,its weebs and sjws.

Its weird because if you wanted to expierence/appreciate their culture,why not watch their media?

If they are in ours they will lose some of their cultural identity anyway since its an american production built around american taste,makes me think;why arent they complaining about the lack of asian screenplay writers? That jobs far more important in the long run.
>>
>>81070388
Are you accusing the major of rape?
>>
>>81070411
I would never accuse a victim of rape of anything
>>
File: Is this white to you.gif (6KB, 252x336px) Image search: [Google]
Is this white to you.gif
6KB, 252x336px
>>81069130
>>
>>81054345
that sounds hilarious
>>
>>81051131
I'd go see that shit 3 times in theaters
>>
>>81050751
It has it's faults, yes, but overall I can say that it's a pretty good movie on it's own, I would give ScarJo a 8/10.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc&t=44s
>>
>>81051257
this
>>
>>81070388

Yeah that prostitute who came while riding cowgirl on me really felt like she had no personal agency.
>>
The odds of me seeing this is now zero.

Fucking PG-13 garbage
>>
>>81050751

...But casting too many white people in movies set in America is racist, right.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.