[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Antz vs Bugs life.jpg (159KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Antz vs Bugs life.jpg
159KB, 1600x900px
The Great Debate
>>
>>81035964
Would you like to see the ruins my friend?
>>
>>81035964
Why do the Antz in Antz look so fucking retarded.
>>
>>81035964
Antz

More importantly, was it pronounced 'Ants' or 'Ant-Z'?
>>
Antz is way better
>>
>>81035964
Bug's Life. Anyone who says Antz is just being contrarian. The animation is shit tier, and while Woody Allen is funny, he can't save the movie overall from being mediocre and uninspired.
>>
Antz was way more ambitious and much more memorable.
>>
childhood is adoring heimlich
adulthood is realizing mandible did nothing wrong
>>
>>81035964
Antz, A Bug's Life is unwatchable.

Also Olympus Has Fallen > White House Down
Deep Impact > Armageddon
>>
I liked antz more growing up, but a bugs life was still preddy gud :D
>>
>>81035964
Antz, but every time they say Ant, bugs life plays at 100x speed.
>>
>>81035964
Antz battle scene
>mfw
>>
>>81035964
the ant from Antz looks like Jason Chaffetz desu
>>
>>81035984
Katzenberg rushed the production to get it out ahead of A Bug's Life as a personal vendetta against Steve Jobs.
>>
Bugs Life
>>
>>81035964
Antz is incredible. a Bug's Life is pretty good but I come back and watch Antz every couple of years/months, I haven't seen ABL in over a decade and I don't really feel like watching it anytime soon. It was something about how they balanced cartooney shit with the comedy and a story that held water. Shit looks weird but other than that it held up fantastically over the years, still funny as fuck every time I see it.
>>
Antz is Jewish commie shit about destabilizing your own society out of cowardice and neuroticism, A Bug's Life is a noble Odyssean quest in order to defend your Queen and monarch against violent barbarian parasites using intelligence and bravery.
>>
>>81036003
You're the kind of guy that would like Watch Dogs more than Ocarina of Time because it had better graphics and more guns
>>
>>81036104

Dude I thought I was the only one

>re watched the scene and it was a horrible as I remember
>>
>>81036180
Grow up.
>>
>>81036181
You're thinking of Bee movie.

Is she Beeish?
>>
>>81036181
What? Antz is completely about individualism, the bad guys are the only commies involved. A Bug's Life has the shoehorned pseudo-segregation gimmick that it dickrides the entire time.
>>
File: Screenshot-2017-03-29-07-49-43.png (318KB, 830x445px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2017-03-29-07-49-43.png
318KB, 830x445px
>>81036153
>Katzenberg rushed the production to get it out ahead of A Bug's Life as a personal vendetta against Steve Jobs.

He also included Holocaust references in the film too (pic related referencing the gates of Auschwitz) so that kids don't forget about the 6 million.
>>
>>81036198
No, I would like Ocarina of Time more because it's the better game. Bug's Life is better than Antz in every regard. It tells a much more satisfying story with better animation, and I would argue, better voice acting.
>>
File: Conan laugh.gif (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Conan laugh.gif
3MB, 400x226px
>>81035964
>Do you realize you could get in trouble for even listening to someone talking about impersonating a soldier!?
>All of the eavesdropping neighbor ants go the fuck back to sleep
This shit kills me every time and I don't even know why.
>>
>>81036253
Except you're wrong. The only aspect where it is better is in the animation and it doesn't even compare story wise, character wise, comedic intent, music, etc. I mean it's an opinion, but you have an incorrect opinion.
>>
>>81035984
Too many human facial features.
>>
>>81036324

the Antz protagonist is an unlikeable neurotic dissident coward traitor fighting against the evil fascist Drumpf ant faction who believes in an insane utopian communist vision of "insectopia"
>>
>>81036253
Why are you using video game analogies on a television and film board?
>>
>>81036324
Antz has a boring, simple story. A Bug's Life isn't particularly original either, but I'll take ripoffs of Seven Samurai over ripoffs of Metropolis I guess.

I will also say that Dave Foley's voice can carry this kind of movie better than Woody Allen's.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.