[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

What exactly were these fucking things? Why does nobody ever talk about them? Let's talk about them.
>>
>>81029583
They're octohedrons.
Its really cool how they shot this. Its all in camera.
>>
>>81029583
It's Ramiel
>>
File: MYBUTTHOOOOOOOOOOOLE.jpg (25KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
MYBUTTHOOOOOOOOOOOLE.jpg
25KB, 500x261px
>>81029583
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>81029583
I think they're the beings who created the stargate.
>>
shekels
>>
>>81030106
I think they're a brilliant way to swindle profits from audiences in 1968.
>>
They symbolize that Kubrick only made one great film, Full Metal Jacket
>>
It's Ayy stuff
>>
>>81029583
There is a nice YouTuber who did a like a 10+ part breakdown of this movie, and he talks about those specific shapes.

Find it yourself
>>
>>81029583
Movie theater speakers.
>>
>lets discuss random bullshit
>>
Those are the stones Kubrick passed while making the movie
>>
>>81030610
>>81029583
>Dave follows the on-coming rays of light to the movie projector away from the screen. The 90-degree switch made in the light patterns from a horizontal symmetry to vertical corresponds to Dave's realization that the monolith is really the movie screen rotated 90 degrees. The 7 floating diamonds are in fact the 7 Cinerama speakers that the movie was filmed for (5 in the front and 2 to the side), that Dave moves away from as he continues his space odyssey toward the projector. (Listen for the movement of sounds during this scene in support of this interpretation.)
>>
>>81030483
Paths of Glory you unrefined arsefardle.
>>
>>81030723
This. We would have also accepted A Clockwork Orange.
>>
>>81030565
you talmbout Rob Ager?
>>
File: ramiel.png (1021KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ramiel.png
1021KB, 1440x1080px
>>81029583
Is that a fucking eva reference?
>>
>>81029583

OP here. I get all autistic; glad I could contain myself in the OP to get a decent bread going before I share my actual views.

My personal view is that the things are not the beings themselves, but dull aspects of their technology - sign markers, controllers on the intergalactic highway that Bowman is riding.

When you think about it, the shapes are a very telling part of the film. They occur for exactly one shot(?), and mark an important halfway-point between the well-known "vertical stargate"/blob-cosmos-shit imagery, into the more literal "earth in 60's psychadelic color" imagery, which suggests Bowman "coming down to earth" in the earthlike prepared environment that They have prepared for him.

Further, they are regular geometric shapes that appear for just one moment, whereas the monolith is shown lovingly, time and again. Thus I believe that "seeing" the octahedra is the closest that Bowman comes to "seeing" their actual, literal tech as a human (during the ride) before ascending. The analogy is that of a feral animal being caged up and transported along a rural road for whatever fate its captors intend.

I suddenly want to read 2061 and 3001.
>>
>>81031102

>eva reference
>1967

nigga wut
>>
File: 1472019824970.png (562KB, 683x642px) Image search: [Google]
1472019824970.png
562KB, 683x642px
>>81030658
Interesting, so you can only experience the movie in one way and if you dont it wastes significant screentime on random bullshit?
>>
Just got done watching 2010, I liked it quite a bit
Do people consider it shit, or does nobody remember it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.