[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does ‘The Dark Tower’ Launch a Connected Stephen King Cinematic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>Jake is telling his psychiatrist about his visions and there’s a quick shot of a photograph that appears to show an elaborate mountain resort. It’s a dead ringer for the Overlook Hotel, the creepy retreat where Jack Torrance slowly went insane in King’s classic novel The Shining.

>Sony distribution chief Rory Bruer said that The Dark Tower has links to the rest of King’s oeuvre, a group of best-sellers that includes IT and Salem’s Lot.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3429923/dark-tower-launch-connected-stephen-king-cinematic-universe/

If true this won't be the only King Universe on screen. JJ Abrams' and Hulu's CASTLE ROCK television series will weave together characters and themes from the King stories set in that town. Each season will follow a different set of characters and story lines while interjecting themes and specific characters from previous seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHupqE1LCI
>>
Oh, brilliant. It'll be like Alan Wake: The Series Of Movies That Nobody Asked For.
>>
File: 1441806295137.gif (58KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
1441806295137.gif
58KB, 132x140px
>>81029487
oy vey who else can we make black
>>
I'd like an update of Langoliers and The Stand
>>
>>81029487
Dark tower is connected to most of kings work. Some of the other books have some mi IMAP connection to the others but not much.
>>
Warner Brothers owns IT

Sony owns BLACKED Tower

Hulu which is making Castle Rock is owned by neither

11/22/63 was funded by Warner Brothers but published by Hulu

Very confusing

sooooo
>>
>>81029487
Based fucking Maine

>tfw the only thing people know you for is a Horror author
>>
>>81029725
>implying King hasn't written literally hundreds of flick-novels they could adapt
>>
>>81029725
Dark Tower especially relies on The Stand, Salem's Lot and Insomnia

everything else is just neat cameo references
>>
>>81029725
It isn't necessary to do this right (although it'd be nice to incorporate). The others aren't needed at all. I think the biggest ones are Salem's Lot, The Stand, Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis and The Eyes of the Dragon.
>>
>>81029701

>The langoliers

Even for 90's made for TV that was some shit CGI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF7mPM1vzUE
>>
>>81030410
Yea I remember it being shit even at the time. Could really do with an update because I liked the concept
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.