[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idris Elba is cast as Roland in the Dark Tower movie. Mathew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: idris-elba-the-dark-tower.jpg (229KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
idris-elba-the-dark-tower.jpg
229KB, 656x343px
Idris Elba is cast as Roland in the Dark Tower movie. Mathew
McConaughey is cast as Walter Padick. Thoughts /tv/?
>>
>>
>>
I think that this movie should not be made at all. Bad enough that it takes place in new york, they had to cast a nignog as Roland and cast the perfect Roland as a different character.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?
>>
File: roland-mortensen.jpg (86KB, 564x910px) Image search: [Google]
roland-mortensen.jpg
86KB, 564x910px
>>81026864
It's all a ruse. McConaughey is Roland, as it fucking should be.

Just kidding. Hollywood being liberal cucks again and me saving money on watching movies again.

>mfw my ideal Dark Tower movie will never happen
>>
>>81026864
They could've easily just reversed the roles and the casting would've been perfect.
>>
File: whatdidhemeanbythis.png (147KB, 1433x971px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidhemeanbythis.png
147KB, 1433x971px
Idris Elba is a good actor, but Roland is blue eyed and looked like The Man with No Name. How can Roland now be called a "honky mafha" and "whitebread". Is Odetta blind now like in that Dave Chapelle KKK sketch?
>>
So, they're making more than one movie right? You can't even begin to fit more than one or two books into one movie.
>>
>>81026864
Why is the MAN IN BLACK played by a fucking. WHITE. MALE?!??!?!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81028342
TV Series after the movie. Plus the movie is a Sequel to the Saga.
>>
So, how are they going to translate the second book with a black gunslinger? Race is a fairly important part of that book.
>>
>>81026864
it's gonna flop.
>>
>>81028630
By whitewashing a certain character and switching racial slurs maybe. Or just have Odetta be batshit insane and still keep the format to a tee.
>>
The Man is Black
>>
>The Black Man fled across the Desert, and the Gunslingers followed
>>
>>81028019
>Idris Elba is a good actor
That's irrelevent. Unless you're something beyond human, you're talent isn't special enough to portray a role you're simply not fit for. Big buff gorilla as Roland... yeah fuck the redditors who defend this shit. Again, Idris Elba is not a god.
>>
>>81028630
They won't have to.

This won't make box office enough to warrant any manner of sequel.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.