[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ReBoot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: Reboot.jpg (94KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Reboot.jpg
94KB, 960x540px
1frame Studios and Corus Entertainment are pleased to announce that production is underway in Victoria/Vancouver, B.C. on the live-action elements of ReBoot: The Guardian Code, a 20×22 minute live-action/CG-animated hybrid television series. This next phase of production reimagines the original 1994 animated classic, ReBoot, in a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences. Created by Michael Hefferon, the show follows four teenagers who discover that they’ve been selected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of cyberspace. ReBoot: The Guardian Code will premiere in Canada in 2018 on YTV.

After playing the multiplayer Cyber Guardians video game together, four teenagers are recruited by V.E.R.A (Hannah Vandenbygaart, Bruno & Boots: Go Jump in the Pool!), the Virtual Evolutionary Recombinant Avatar, to fulfill their mandate to mend and defend cyberspace. Austin (Ty Wood, The Haunting in Connecticut), Tamra (Sydney Scotia, Some Assembly Required), Parker (Ajay Parikh-Friese, Mr. Young), and Trey (Gabriel Darku, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) now must protect cyberspace from threats that pose true consequences to both the virtual and real world. It’s more than these kids expected when they started at Alan Turing High. Way more.

ReBoot: The Guardian Code intercuts live-action scenes with awe-inspiring CG animation produced with the Unreal game engine, showing how the real world and cyberspace are interconnected. “The power of the game engine’s capabilities to create vast cyberspace settings along with AI (Artificial Intelligence) for dynamic secondary animation fused with live action, will deliver a truly unique and engaging experience for viewers”, says Creator and Executive Producer Michael Hefferon. “As groundbreaking as the original ReBoot was being the first ever CG animated series, ReBoot: The Guardian Code takes it to a whole new level".

Maybe this will be alright?
>>
>>81025311
CZHECKED
>>
>>81025311

>live action

FUCK THE USER, THE USER IS THE ENEMY, DEFEAT THE USER
>>
File: reboot-guardian-code.jpg (122KB, 620x775px) Image search: [Google]
reboot-guardian-code.jpg
122KB, 620x775px
Seeing as OP has the four main characters then...Could this be BOB?!?
>>
>>81025311
Does anyone actually want this?

I watched the show as a kid and couldn't give less of a fuck about this, and I'm not sure younger kids would either.
>>
My favorite episodes were when they went into the web. Shit was creepy as fuck and probably many kids first exposure to some lovecraftian horror even if they didn't realize it at the time.
>>
Is remaking old stuff while removing everything that made it what it was the new capeshit?
>>
It'll be fucking awful. The original series was bad for most of the first season, and picked up largely when the Matrix arc started.

ReBoot was at its best when it presented grand scale adventure storylines to an audience it wasn't patronising. This'll be kiddie wish-fulfillment bullshit that nobody likes, to sell some toys and probably a shitty app.
>>
>>81025311
The user was an unknowing destroyer of systems. Now they know of their world and enter it to save it.

Glitch trashcan!
>>
>>LITERALLY the entire point was that it was all CGI.

>>live action reboot

why
>>
This is the plot of a dozen shitty animes.
ReBoot does not need a bunch of dumb kids getting sucked into their computer like Dexter Douglas, nerd computer ace.
All it needs is Bob and Co.
Get the FUCK out.
>>
>>81028165
Because the studio that made ReBoot was bought out by a studio who makes Barbie films. They buy out studios, rape the ip rights and then buy another one.

They are the ea of television.
>>
Everything is awful.
>>
>>81028297
I blame Candleja....
>>
>>81028297
They arnt getting sucked into the computer/digitzing. They just play games like the old USER did
>>
>>81028353
>Candleja....

It doesn't even work unless you say Candlejack's full name, you ret-
>>
>>81029184
Games only take place in a game cube.
The user wins by beating the citizens.
The user winning nulifies the citizens and destroying a section of the city.

It was already confirmed they enter the computer and half of the episode would be the characters dealing with their social life at school.
>>
>>81029461
They entire via VR anon
>>
>>81025311
>taking the ferry just to produce a shitty adaptation no one asked for
>>
>>81029461
I always saw the gamecubes just fucking systems as the system couldnt run them. So basically the Sprites went in the game to RUN the game basically
>>
>>81025311
So the premise is completely different and they just slapped the name of an old show on it? Got it. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>81029491
That...doesn't contradict a thing.
>>
>>81029668
The premise is we have the guardian collective resorting to the USER for help as they have a fucking Virus writer as the main antagonist
>>
>>81029768
Right. That sounds like garbage.
>>
>>81029794
Dont watch it then!
>>
>>81029878
Yeah that's not gonna be a problem.
>>
this will be garbage
>>
>>81025311
If Rainmaker isn't connected in any way, it might be okay. Ratchet & Clank was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, that studio is run by total gook-shills.
>"Our Chinese masters want more star power!"
>"Let's spin the wheel of random celebrities!"
>"But wouldn't we save money if we just hire the regular voice actors from the games?"
>"I dunno, lol. Let's also make the script cringeworthy as hell, let's get.... I dunno the guy who wrote The Black Knight with Martian Lawrance to shit all over the script wrriten by the writer of the games!"
>>
>>81029491
That's not any better.
>>
>>81031426
ofc it is you pleb, It means it aint no Code Lyoko , zixx knock off
>>
>>81025311
>canada
>>
>>81031444
Why are humans involved
Why is there high school drama involved
This isn't reboot, they're just trying to cash in on nostalgia like usual.
>>
>>81031462
Reboot was canadian made anon
>>
So, ReBoot was rife with computing terminology.
binomes
sprites
nulls
SCSI
mainframe
glitch
almost every characters name

Assuming they continue that tradition..
it's going to be memes, emojis, streams, cloud, tablet, wireless. Even if the plot was good, the meta humor will be insufferable.
>>
>>81031649
we've lost that canada anon
>>
>>81027041
You're just waking up to how tha world works, friend. Sorry. It only gets worse...
>>
File: 1487100029647.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1487100029647.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>81028297
>>
>>
File: C8CmfWyXQAEB1B1.jpg (147KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8CmfWyXQAEB1B1.jpg
147KB, 1200x675px
https://twitter.com/ytv/status/846859789997146113

lol everyone hates it
everyone's been hating it throughout the entire production process and apparently none of the people making it have caught on
>>
File: wat_bob_reboot.jpg (84KB, 435x394px) Image search: [Google]
wat_bob_reboot.jpg
84KB, 435x394px
>>81025311
>Maybe this will be alright?

are you serious?
>>
File: wat_Calimero.jpg (162KB, 1500x2116px) Image search: [Google]
wat_Calimero.jpg
162KB, 1500x2116px
>>81029184
so this is aimed at the audience who watch other people playing vidya on youtube? kill me now.
>>
File: reboot the guardian code.png (1MB, 2334x1932px) Image search: [Google]
reboot the guardian code.png
1MB, 2334x1932px
>>81032168
Oh no they are FULLY AWARE of how much of a trainwreck this has been
>>
>>81032228
>>81032187
no shit

Atleast we get megabyte lore
>>
File: Zixx.jpg (291KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Zixx.jpg
291KB, 700x525px
>>81032253
we already GOT megabyte lore
>>81032228
no, they're fully entering the computer world, just like every other non-ReBoot computer world story ever. In fact, Mainframe/Rainmaker ALREADY MADE A SHOW ABOUT THAT
>>
>>81032323
Im speaking in regards to what happened with the hunt!
>>
>>81032323
No they are not. There was no Tron/CodeLyoko/Zixx style digitization. Its likely going to be via ipads and VR and shit! Its talked about with all the games they are launching alongside the show
>>
>lets take this old cg show about a living universe within cyberspace that focuses on characters who fight against the the user in games and reboot it
>but this time lets add live action segments and our heroes are the users
>>
File: Dot.jpg (316KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dot.jpg
316KB, 683x1024px
>kids show about computers and the internet

This just won't work these days. Kids know how computers work, having a show about the little people who live in the city deep inside their magic game box will fall so flat
>>
>>81033111
>Kids know how computers work
they do fucking not
>>
File: What Did I Just Read.jpg (52KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
What Did I Just Read.jpg
52KB, 526x300px
>>81025311
>After playing the multiplayer Cyber Guardians video game together, four teenagers are recruited by V.E.R.A (Hannah Vandenbygaart, Bruno & Boots: Go Jump in the Pool!), the Virtual Evolutionary Recombinant Avatar, to fulfill their mandate to mend and defend cyberspace. Austin (Ty Wood, The Haunting in Connecticut), Tamra (Sydney Scotia, Some Assembly Required), Parker (Ajay Parikh-Friese, Mr. Young), and Trey (Gabriel Darku, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments) now must protect cyberspace from threats that pose true consequences to both the virtual and real world. It’s more than these kids expected when they started at Alan Turing High. Way more.

>teenagers with attitude
>Virtual Evolutionary Recombinant Avatar
>Alan Turing High
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.