[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Saigon... shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>Saigon... shit.
>>
Anyone feel this film has been dated by the fact that no regular person would have any experience with war?

Certainly it holds its place in history as a very cynical look at Vietnam, but very little of us can relate.
>>
>>81023781
>the sound of the chopper blades merging into the sound of the ceiling fan

Coppola was effortlessly great back then.
>>
>>81023826
you're right, the only reason anyone likes anything is because they can related directly to the circumstances/characters.

Like how thor finally tapped into the "norse god living as mortals" demographic that before then had been woefully unrepresented. Despite the fact the laser targeted superman movies achieved such success by tapping into the "god-like alien living as a human" demographic.
>>
>>81023892
Anon pls.

There's a great difference between relating to the alienating feeling of being in enemy territory and the incredibly simple emotional manipulation of comic books.
>>
>>81023916
>being in enemy territory

saigon wasn't enemy territory
>>
>>81023892
BTFO, and Im even a marvelcuck

/thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rq9KZBLbbo
>>
>>81023826
It's not really asking the viewer to relate to Willard or Kurtz, just comprehend them. Coppala was shooting for something beyond just bringing emotion out of people by showing familiar scenarios and ideas to them.
>>
>>81023826
>>81023916
there's this thing normal people have called "empathy," that allows them to understand and share the thoughts and feelings of other people

i know this is 4chan and most people are sociopaths, or at the very least pathologically self-centered to some degree, and have a limited social life, so you might not encounter much of it here
>>
>>81023974
Pre-1968 it was. You realize the VC butchered local politicians and military attaches even with US military presence?
>>
>>81024121
I mean, I agree with you, but still I have doubts. Common culture currently is that of burying strife.

I am not criticizing the film, just commenting on its place in our current life.

>>81023974
The Vietnam war was a wonderfully fucked up thing. If you ever have a space for a hobby, do research it. You'll find that history certainly does repeat itself.
>>
the first 15 or 20 minutes of apocalypse now is the most kino thing ever put on film
>>
>>81024333
trips confirm it
>>
File: apocalypse-now-.jpg (149KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-now-.jpg
149KB, 1200x675px
>>81024333
Can't disagree.
>>
>>81024333
the roach scene is the most kino thing ever put on film
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.