[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a few thoughts about the Power Rangers film. What was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 94

File: prangers.jpg (408KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
prangers.jpg
408KB, 1200x780px
I have a few thoughts about the Power Rangers film.

What was with the Krispy Kreme product placement that felt so out of place it was almost humorous?

Goldar is supposed to have a cat or lion like head and he is supposed to speak.

I was disappointed when I was told by a movie review website there would not be any cameos from the original show. I was lied to because clearly Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank make an obvious came at the end.

The Megazord looked badass but the fight was very brief and was pretty lame. WTF?

When Rita had the rangers all tied up in the fishing net or whatever, why didn't she just kill them all instead of just killing Billy? (Billy gets brought back to life for those of you who haven't seen it yet.)

Where the FUCK was the guitar music?!?! That was one of the best parts of the original show and would have made the fight, brief though it was, so much better.

Am I to assume that they are making a sequel with Tommy based on the post credits scene?
>>
>>81022210
>Where the FUCK was the guitar music?!?! That was one of the best parts of the original show and would have made the fight, brief though it was, so much better.
>>
it's not getting a sequel considering its box office.
>>
Is it true that one of the rangers accidentally milks a bull?
>>
>>81022285
One of his friends does at the beginning. It isn't shown though.
>>
Goldar is an ape, not a cat. I agree it bothered me they made him all gold. Taking the name a bit literally.
>>
File: 1490418443385.png (1MB, 855x767px) Image search: [Google]
1490418443385.png
1MB, 855x767px
>no more /prg/ on /tv/
>>
>>81022276
Huh? It's in second place behind Beauty and the Beast.
>>
File: 1489678180839.jpg (224KB, 633x740px) Image search: [Google]
1489678180839.jpg
224KB, 633x740px
>>81022393
How are you coping?
>>
>>81022276
At the rate it's going, you're looking at around a 150m domestic total.

World wide will probably triple that, so yeah it'll probably get a sequel.
>>
So is it true that Rita Repulsa was a member of some prehistoric Power Rangers but she turned evil, and the Power Rangers caused the meteor strike that killed the dinosaurs? So does this movie posit that man and dinosaur coexisted?
>>
>>81022447

Dunno about ya'll but I ain't feeling this shit at all. Some of the best fun I've had with /tv/. Thanks guys.
>>
>>81022276
Worse franchises keep pumping out movies despite terrible opening weekends. Also Krispy Kreme is reportedly making a fortune out of the movie so the movie is already making a big revenue in other fronts. Add to that general good reception.

Sequel is practically a fact.
>>
>>81022555
The original Rangers were aliens
>>
>>81022555

Not really. Because the rangers were all aliens.including Zordon who was red.
>>
>>81022555
They were aliens. Rita was apparently the green ranger, which would explain a lot of backstory surrounding the how she came into power of the green ranger in the original MMPR TV arc.
>>
>>81022632
>>81022652
>>81022609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYktIhMdNQ&autoplay=1
>>
>>81022609
>>81022632
>>81022652
Why were they all on Earth though?
>>
>>81022210

in a way, I think the krispy kreme was meant to be humorous after a point.

The theater wasn't full in my showing but we all still laughed when Rita takes a moment to enjoy a donut.
>>
>>81022721
Rita was seeking Earth's Zeo crystal.
>>
>>81022652
It does. IIRC they never explained that in the tv show so that was a nice touch.
>>
>>81022721

i forget if it is explained in the backstory when Zordon appears again but I do know that he had the Zeo crystal they were protecting sent from the sky and into the earth, so maybe they were attacked in space or something. I honestly can't tell you because it doesn't explain why they took up the forms of dinosaurs to begin with.
>>
>>81022853
But they literally do. Alpha says the Rangers and Zords take the forms of the most powerful creatures on the planet at the time, which were dinosaurs
>>
>>81022690

I was expecting "Aliens!" dude but ya done good anyway, anon.
>>
>>81022276
They are already teasing a transgender green ranger sequel. Not kidding
>>
>>81022890

Yeah I was saying as far as my own line of thought (which is wrong anyway because the reply told me that the Crystal was already in the earth)

So yeah they would have been there for a while protecting it.
>>
>>81022891
I dindu nothing, it's the literal theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkO0c86y44w&autoplay=1
>>
>>81022938

transgender? I was thinking female, only this time the love interest is Trini.

Assuming they stay the course with Kimberly and Jason anyway. I know romance was cut out of the movie for some reason but there is still enough teasing to make one think they can go the course if they choose to do so in the sequel.
>>
>>81023073

I know, I'm just saying I am surprised no one responded to us with the "it was aliens" meme.
>>
>>81022938
>transgender

[citation needed]
>>
>>81022938
So how long before we get a green ranger "this is me" comic edit?
>>
Was better than i was expecting.

It had its flaws but come on.. nobody expects a reboot of a 25 year old show to be good.
>>
>>81023274
I liked it overall. Roy from the Office was in it.
>>
The movie sorely needed more hand-to-hand action sequences. The fact that there was only one in the whole movie was kind of a letdown for me.

Otherwise, it was surprisingly decent.
>>
>>81023140

Not him but there is an article going around about how the cast wants a female green ranger now. Guessing since Rita was the green ranger herself and all that jazz.
>>
>>81023274
>>81023363

I wasn't expecting much but I love the building friendship between Jason and Billy.

Mad we didn't see them use the toy advertised morphers tho
>>
>Tomi Oliver
>>
>>81023087
Tommy was teased in the post credits scene so if the green ranger is female, it would have to be one of the cast who is a ranger already, such as Trini, with Tommy becoming the yellow ranger. I doubt they'll do that.
>>
>>81023475
The friendship between Jason and Billy was awkward, in a good, intentional way, but honest and really nice.

>tfw no alpha Chad bro who cares about me despite being autistic and always has my back

Also, toy-advertised morphers? What? I really missed those things in the movie and I kinda hate that we didn't get a true transformation sequence either. That's a big part of PR.
>>
>>81022210
Welcome to the realm of Super Hero Movie Adaptations. The people remaking your beloved memories into movies don't give a shit about the characters or show or comic or book or whatever. They just want to make their own movie and guarantee themselves some nostalgia money.
>>
>>81023649
The morphers were on the belts, Its just the rangers needed to be in proximity of the mophing grid to morph. Im guessing the sequel will have morphers so they dont need to return to the ship to change!
>>
>>81023950
>Im guessing the sequel will have morphers so they dont need to return to the ship to change!
Yeah, I wondered about this in the movie. I thought I heard Zordon say that they could morph anywhere as long as they cared about one another or something but I could be mistaken.
>>
>>81024023
I just saw it as a fluke that Billy even transformed as they made such a big deal of them standing around the grid!
>>
>>81022938
>Character in the original is a part-native badass that constantly has to save his team
"Not diverse enough, bring in the transgender FtM Black Woman as a love interest for Trini"
>>
>>81024023

They can, like when Billy was the first to morph and they didn't do it in the ship. And that is what scares me. One could argue the whole training thing they were doing but they semi established that they don't need morphers to change.

At no point did they even mention morphers, either.
>>
File: 2017-Movie-Morpher.jpg (38KB, 689x392px) Image search: [Google]
2017-Movie-Morpher.jpg
38KB, 689x392px
>>81024474
After a quick google search, I think I found what that other anon was talking about.

Yeah, considering that they didn't need morphers to morph in the movie, it's probably just a non-canon toy for some quick and easy sales. Shame. I kinda wish the movie took more risks and had actual transformation sequences, which you don't really see in Hollywood movies. It'd be something new for Hollywood.
>>
>>81024583

That's what I'm saying. Hollywood hasn't done something like that since, if we're being bold and generous here....Turbo.

Especially in this new psuedo-realistic standards we have for today's superhero movies and all that, I hope Saban doesn't shy away from this just because they're on the big screen.
>>
>>81024413

I hate to be that guy but while I was fine with female tommy, I'm now cool with tg Tommy even more if it means Trini gets the dick one way or another.
>>
File: FyxIL.jpg (59KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
FyxIL.jpg
59KB, 597x800px
>getting your daughter to dress up like the woman you fucked once.

What did tommy mean by thus?
>>
>>81023087
I HATE love triangles and this Jason doesn't deserve to be cucked so that would be 10/10 everybody wins for me.
>>
>>81024402
>>81024474
>>81024583
They said that the armor is inside of them all the time. Part of why they are super strong/durable unmorphed.

the big thing about doing it in the command center was that is the direct link to the morphing grid. So it should be easier there.
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 670x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 670x277px
So was Zack a cuck?
>>
Since when is Trini a arabic name?
>>
The major sin this movie committed was not having a roll call.
>MASTODON
>PTERODACTYL
>TRICERATOPS
>SABER TOOTH TIGER
>TYRANNOSAURUS
>>
>>81024725
Yeah the focus on realism and shit is a massive drag in modern superhero movies, but considering that PR has always been crazy and over-the-top children's nonsense that has never strove for a sense of realism, I'm surprised that they were actually fairly faithful to the source material while still going in a more realistic direction. I would've killed for proper transformation sequences, which with modern technology, might even look really cool, but studios don't want to take the risk, because everything has to be grounded in reality.

>>81024944
>They said that the armor is inside of them all the time. Part of why they are super strong/durable unmorphed.
Did they? I missed that completely. I wonder what the rational is for that, then.
>>
can anyone link a torrent/stream?
>>
>>81025106
The armor was put inside them when the Coin first connected with them.
>>
>>81024784
>being this buttblasted

She's not even confirmed to be a lesbian. Could be bi for all we know.
>>
>>81025129
All you'd get is a shitty camera in a theater.
>>
>>81025051
Thats sequel shit
>>
>>81025228
No that's shit you do to secure a sequel.
>>
>>81022210
>making a sequel

I haven't seen it, I don't know how it's doing at the box office, I don't know what the reviewers are saying about it, but having seen the trailer I can tell you that there will definitely not be a sequel.
>>
>>81025182
Yeah I don't remember that detail so I must've missed that completely.

>>81025219
>tfw all I really want to rewatch is the fight scene on the mountain but can never find it on YT despite like every other action scene being on there already
>>
>>81025267
>I know nothing about the movie whatsoever but I know for a fact there will be no sequel
>>
>>81024984

I'm gonna break this down not for you, but for anyone reading who decides to take you seriously.

No. Him and Trini were never a thing for one.

Two. He stopped being thirsty the moment he found out about her.

There was never anything to cuck.
>>
>>81025331
I watched the trailer.
There's not going to be a sequel.
>>
>>81025374
I watched the movie
There will be a sequel
>>
>>81022210

Movie would have been better if Billy died.
>>
So was >>81025352 a cuck?
>>
>>81025374
I watched the post credits scenewhere they explicitly teased Tommy. There will be a sequel.
>>
If it does good in China and has strong legs it could justify a sequel.

Not to mention an increase in toy sales could further nudge the studio.
>>
>>81025458
Krispy Kreme will fund the sequel.
>>
>>81025443
I'm not doubting their intent to make a sequel.
I'm saying there is no chance it will make enough money for there to be a sequel.
>>
The trailer for this movie was the worst thing I had seen in a while.
>>
>>81025374
>movie doing well enough in box office, specially releasing against Disney's latest leftist masturbatory fantasy
>post credits scene calling out for Tommy Oliver by name
>despite it being allegedly a teenage movie, the main cast was better than the genre calls for

Nah, they got a good thing. A sequel with the right adjustments (read: more action) could do even better.
>>
>>81025458
Toy sales are bombing though?
>>
>>81025511
If this >>81025267 is you then you said in a previous post you knew nothing about how it was doing at the box office. It's second behind Beauty and the Beast and is doing fine.
>>
>>81025187

>buttblasted

About? She could be gay or bi, I'm just putting it out there that I'd like to see it purely because the ship would be hot to me. That's what I meant about being "that" guy.

Also I'm with the other anon because if they do decide to do romance shit I would like to see everyone win so Jason doesn't lose a potential girl in Kimberly and Trini gets Tommy.
>>
File: zhane.webm (3MB, 876x652px) Image search: [Google]
zhane.webm
3MB, 876x652px
>>81022393
>>81022447
>>81022565
Fuck that was so fun lads. In Space was so god damn good.
>>
>>81025458
>Trini questioning her preferences
>good in China

It'll be lucky enough to not be banned. It got an 18+ rating in Russia for that one fucking 3-seconds long line of dialogue.
>>
I think the in-your-face Krispy Kreme all over the place was done ironically on purpose to be hilarious. Actually, I bet that was the intention.

Problem is, the execution failed horribly if that was the case.
>>
>>81025589
>Trini and Tommy
Not gonna happen.
There was even a scene near the end with the original Tommy and Kim standing next to each other as a couple
>>
>>81025560

Are they? Zords seem to be selling fine in the stores I went to.

But I'm in the south so they could be getting stolen, too.
>>
>>81025589
>Implying Trini doesn't secretly dream about Rita choking her
>>
>>81025630
It made people laugh at my screening and I've heard KK is making a fortune out of this so I think it counts as a success.
>>
>>81025589
>willing to put up with a tranny in your movie so your waifu will get the dick

If you want to get technical, going for a transexual Tommy would probably mean a post-op, so there wouldn't even be a dick involved anymore.

I would rather Trini just gets a straight-up, non mutilated, natural born female love interest in a possible sequel. Prefferably not some butch dyke type.
>>
>>81025051

More like

>MASTRADAWN
>TARADACTAIL
>TRYCERATOPS
>SABERTOOTH TIGER
>TWRANNSRS

Billy and Triny were the only two who didn't pronounce like retards.
>>
>>81025630
My country doesn't even have KK. People were just laughing at Rita thinking some deli is the center of life on Earth.
>>
>>81025640
I forgot about that.
>mfw when Jason got NAVAJO'D
>>
>>81025640

Fair enough, yeah. But if that "we want Tommy to be female or the like" gets any traction then she just might end up with someone, but it won't be Kim.
>>
>>81025759
They pronounced it properly in the pilot but sound lazy as fuck. Specially Jason.
>>
I want to see Liz Banks as Rita again, she did great.
>>
File: 194290-Krispy-Kreme-Donuts.jpg (46KB, 499x334px) Image search: [Google]
194290-Krispy-Kreme-Donuts.jpg
46KB, 499x334px
Guys I am gonna leave this for a moment, please look that nothing ill happens to it.
>>
>>81025852
Hobo Rita is hot.
(What do her pits smell like?)
>>
I have never in my life eaten Krispy Kreme. Are those any better than Dunkin Donuts?
>>
>>81025701
I was trying hard not to think about that.

>"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Rita was making it too easy though.

>>81025743

Given my "interests", nah, the idea of a tranny and a female doesn't bother me at all. Like I said. I'm cool with female too but I certainly won't complain about tg Tommy.
>>
>>81025936
>Are those any better than Dunkin Donuts?
Fuck no. The joke in the movie was kinda funny but Dunkin Donuts is infinitely better.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 241x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 241x442px
>>81025879
*steals your doughnuts*
>>
>>81025909

Her accent was hot. I'm with the other anon. Hope she signs on for a return if the sequel comes.

>make my monster grow!

She actually says it, the madwoman.
>>
>>81025511
>>81025554
>Krispy kreme spent 20 to 30 million for a product placement
>30% of the budget was payed with non lionsgate money
>they already surpassed its budget
>Toys selling like crack
It will get a sequel.
>>
fuck this movie
it doesnt have the balls to actually make it an americanized sentai. it just capitolizes on brand recognition to make some generic ass transformers/nolanesque reboot.
>>
>>81026057
Yeah she says it, but it's kind of forced.
>>
>>81025626
They will dub out Trini gay line in china
>>
>>81026098
You're forced
>>
>>81026146
no u
>>
>>81026015
HA HA! MY OWN CLONE!
>>
>>81026015

I remember when these set photos were released. I remember when they were joking about her kissing Trini. I had wondered for a time if they had decided to cut a more blatant seduction on Rita's side but then I remembered this was probably the future sequence being filmed.
>>
>>81026080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 950x632px
>BACK TO MEXICO
I didn't know Raimi had a hand in the script
>>
File: 1421732508322.jpg (67KB, 588x479px) Image search: [Google]
1421732508322.jpg
67KB, 588x479px
>>81026175

>You heard it

You motherfucker.
>>
>>81026097

>Sorry, Bumblebee!

Can't even lie, I had a laugh.
>>
File: image.png (207KB, 670x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
207KB, 670x280px
Why did they cut out the Zack and Trini stuff form the trailer?
>Trini's origin
>Zack first discovering his powers
The only time either of them had a real moment to shine was the campfire scene
>>
>>81025790

All good. Kim drops Tommy like a bad habit and the very last time we see her in PR she's hanging with Jason. The universe realigned accordingly.
>>
>>81026371

There was other shit that got cut too, like Billy in ranger form on the street and such.

Happens way too often nowadays and it blows. Still.

"I think being with you guys is good for me " hit kinda hard.
>>
Guys, I am going to be honest here:

These past few days of Power Rangers marathon and /prg/ have the comfiest, chillest, funniest moments I've had in this board since... I can't even recall when.

And I just can't return to normal /tv/. The brutal reality of how miserable this place is struck me like a hammer. I've seen plenty of shitposting through the years, and I have even partaked in it (hell, back in the day I was a balkifag), but the constant Capeshit threads that have beein going on non-stop for months, with the Marvelfags and DCuck manchildren unironically throwing shit at each other at every opportunity, it's all just too much to bear. I am seriously considering just fucking off.
>>
>>81026227
>mfw Rita didn't even lick Trini's face or something like that

Wasted potential desu
>>
>muh tg Tommy
They barely can say that Trini is a lesbian and you faggots think they are going to make Tommy a tranny...at most they are going to cast a girl and put her on a shitty love triangle with Jason and Kimberly.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>81026686
Gotta stay pure for Zeddy
>>
>>81026740
I hope Zedd is in the sequel.
>>
>>81026739

That's the worst fucking case but after watching the green with evil mini again all of a sudden a girl and a boy fighting each other gives such a new lust to the story.
>>
>That out of nowhere fistfight between Jason and Zack
Y tho
>>
THE WHOLE PREMISE IS SHIT
>>
>>81022447
Poorly.
>>
>>81026851

Shit, remember when the leaks were talkimg about Zedd being the one to bring Rita to the dark side?

Remember when there was an explanation to WHY Goldar was the way he was, with him having once been whole but getting fucked up when he tried to grab the crystal?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi1fVUGMfHw&autoplay=1
Name a better couple.
You can't.
>>
>>81026571

We love you too man.

I am going to fucking miss the hell out of

Tommyposting

Katposting

Cockpitposting

Ziggy and K posting

MURDERPOSTING

...can any of ya'll give me a momposting? One more for the road, please.
>>
>>81027065

And no, I didn't forget about our lord and savior Zhane. He's already been posted tho
>>
>>81027065
you forgot the greatest posting

SIC HAIYAAAAAAAA
>>
why can't we have /prg/ anyway ):
>>
>>81027065
>Katposting

Did that guy ever put his pic collection on mega or imgur?
>>
File: bw.png (2MB, 1117x1057px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
2MB, 1117x1057px
*blocks your path*
>>
File: spd-rgr-jack13.jpg (22KB, 373x280px) Image search: [Google]
spd-rgr-jack13.jpg
22KB, 373x280px
>>81027736

*blacks your path*
>>
File: 1489973295245.jpg (71KB, 768x575px) Image search: [Google]
1489973295245.jpg
71KB, 768x575px
>>81025608
JUST A PRANK
>>
RT
>Critics 47%
>Audience 80%
So should I watch this? Why is there such a huge difference between critics and audience ratings? It looks kinda dumb
>>
>>81022276
You're a fucking retard who can't into basic Hollywood (((accounting))).
>>
>>81027065
MOOOOOM, BUY ME A MERMAID GIRLFRIEND LIKE CHAD'S
>>
File: 1489865385471.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489865385471.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>
>>81022210
>where the fuck was the guitar music

Rock/metal isn't popular anymore. Come to think of it it wasn't really that popular in the 90's either but nonetheless it's part of what made power rangers special and they shit the bed really bad for ignoring it. They basically went the complete opposite direction by having nigger spewing and moody soft pop instead. The closest we get to hard music is that faggot ass deathcore or whatever it's called that Trini is listening to for 5 seconds.
>>
File: lhdn48m.png (2MB, 1122x750px) Image search: [Google]
lhdn48m.png
2MB, 1122x750px
>Power Rangers Dino Force Brave is going to be objectively shit
>I'm hype as fuck anyway
I had nostalgia for what I watched as a kid, but really didn't care about Power Rangers until recently. Now I'm marathoning the shit, watching the Sentai, I can't get enough.
>>
>>81027065
i seriously enjoyed murderposting. all those puns
>>
>>81029116
Not enough interracial couples and the Rangers are literally led by a FUCKING WHITE MALE.

See also: Iron Fist
>Critic score: 17%
>Audience score: 81%
>>
>>81029116
The audience was apparently only 36% white, movie critics are mostly white. Seems like unless you're at least mocha you won't like it.
>>
>>81029116
I felt like act 1 was mostly a chore, act 2 was neat but whatever, and act 3 was fun as fuck, redeemed the rest of the movie. They straight up played almost a whole insert song as the soundtrack to a fight scene.
>>
>>81025443
Like Green Lantern!
>>
File: just.png (3MB, 1682x956px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
3MB, 1682x956px
>tfw going through /prg/ withdrawals
>>
>>81025374
Perfecto reasoning, bud. Watching a trailer is the best way to determine if a movie is gonna get a sequel.
>>
I had rock bottom expectations for this movie but it turned out to be a solid enough 7/10 or so. I still hate the design for Goldar and don't really feel the Zords either, but the cast was great all around and it built a good foundation for more. I want at least 60/40 split of drama/action next time around at least, and they need to nail the casting for Tommy. Absolutely not to gender swapping. Make him more obviously Native American if they NEED to feel like they're filling a diversity quota.
>>
>>81026535
RJ really pulled at my heartstrings with that performance.
>>
>>81022210
>What was with the Krispy Kreme product placement that felt so out of place it was almost humorous?
How do you answer this question? Has OP just not seen movies before?
>>
At least this piece of shit won't get a sequel based on box office.
>>
>>81032102
Tell me: What's it like? Being stupid your whole life. Is it as wonderful as it seems?
>>
>>81032102
Worldwide box office kiddo ;^)
>>
>>81032220
>not releasing in mainland china

Uhm, sorry sweetie. But as pozzed as this film is it ain't getting a sequel honey.
>>
>>81032340
>one line of dialogue
>one ambiguous line of dialogue

I appreciate you trying to keep the thread alive, but use better bait at least.
>>
>>81032102
Krispy Kreme payed for 20% of the movie budget. It already turned a profit as it is.
>>
File: milf.jpg (35KB, 462x577px) Image search: [Google]
milf.jpg
35KB, 462x577px
Does your mom make you /ss/paghetti?
>>
>>81022276
>it's not getting a sequel

Our eternal Jewish overlord Haim Saban already has plans for 5 sequels

Expect to see big screen ninjas in 2020
>>
>>81032102
this was said in the thread like 2 hours ago

the producers said they wanted a 30m weekend return to put them in line for a sequel, they want to plan 5

it made 43m, with foreign it will easily break the budget, we will likely get a sequel
>>
>>81033401
This.

Not to mention the word of mouth carrying into this weekend, as well as DVD/Blu-ray sales.
>>
>>81026889
Hormones and just being irrational teenagers.
>>
>>81022210
I waited for the
>"AHHHHHH after 10,000 years I'm free"
It never came, and neither did I.
>>
>>81024583

Man, this shit is disappointing. I should have known there was something wrong with the overall design. It's just so...there. I tested it out, it works decently and seems pretty cool but that's all it is, a goddamned cash grab.

I hope I'm wrong though and should there be a sequel, there's a proper morphing sequence.
>>
File: 1490504482601.png (992KB, 1048x604px) Image search: [Google]
1490504482601.png
992KB, 1048x604px
>>81029497

Thank you, my friend.
>>
>>81025759
Rewatch it, Trini fucks up too and says "SABERTOO TIGER"
>>
>>81030571
EVIL SPIRITS OF TOIL AND STRIFE, GIVE THIS FALLEN ROOMMATE NEW LIFE
>>
File: 1489724951542.png (176KB, 273x299px) Image search: [Google]
1489724951542.png
176KB, 273x299px
>>81031342

Yeah but we got reaction images for days my nigga. /prg/ was the best thing to happen to tv in a long time. Many of those memes won't live past month 3, but we got the memories, my friend. We got the memories.
>>
File: JUSTin St. John.png (656KB, 838x442px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTin St. John.png
656KB, 838x442px
>>81022393
After the movie, Power Ranger threads will become as empty as an Austin St. John panel.
>>
>>81022210
the whole movie sucks ass anon, why do you even bother analyzing this garbage?
>>
>>81034273
The RPM guys had like no one too.
>>
File: Jxdqc69.png (286KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jxdqc69.png
286KB, 640x480px
>>81022938
Transgender Ranger, you say?
>>
Though I knew there was huge product placement for krispy creme, it was obvious they made a joke out of it. They don't have any stores in the country where I live, but it was clear that the audience got the joke.
The evil baddy is looking for a thing that can destroy the world and its beneath a fucking donut shop. And the bad guy think it's some kind of holy shrine or some shit.
I think they handled it well because it added to the silliness of power rangers. And being silly is the core of the OG show.
>>
>>81025443
Like The Last Airbender!
Like Dragonball Evolution!

this reboot actually made major coin, so sequel probably
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (49KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
49KB, 480x270px
>>81034273
That's because HE'S FAT!
>>
>>81034560
>in an alternate universe, there are three Super Mario Brothers the Movie sequels
>>
File: 1490703003845.jpg (230KB, 855x885px) Image search: [Google]
1490703003845.jpg
230KB, 855x885px
>>81034273
>Jasonposting

Who could be behind this post?
>>
>>81034602
And that is why there is no heaven.
>>
File: 1490690971315.png (106KB, 229x218px) Image search: [Google]
1490690971315.png
106KB, 229x218px
>>81034133
>we will never have Kimberly BRAAAAP posting again
>>
File: 1448294830649.png (140KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1448294830649.png
140KB, 243x243px
>>81034385
>TransRanger
>>
>>81034273
Or any thread on /m/, really.
>>
File: rsz_1357954054211.jpg (39KB, 350x322px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1357954054211.jpg
39KB, 350x322px
>>81034602
FINDS
>>
>>81029116
>Why is there such a huge difference between critics and audience ratings?

It's exactly the case with the original MMPR. Everyone hated it except the kids (the original audience).

In that regard, it's staying loyal to the source material.
>>
>>81025588
Everything's the opening weekend and it didn't perform. It's not getting a sequel.
I can only think of one film that's gotten a sequel due to the international box office over performing and that's Pacific Rim.
>>
wish I were in vacation from work so I could've followed the PR streams and threads. I only glimpsed here and there
>>
File: 1490448794110.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490448794110.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
>>81030571
WILD ACCESS TO YOUR INNARDS
>>
>>81022938
I doubt it. These movies make half of their money in China. Chinese aren't going to go for that.
>>
File: 1490445615189.jpg (220KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1490445615189.jpg
220KB, 2048x1536px
>>81034273
>>81034623
But are they friends again?
>>
>>81034602
I totally want this. I still firmly believe it was a fun movie that doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
>>
>>81034963
In China, TransRanger is a girl.
>>
>>81025560
Expensive action figures are bombing. Cheap <10$ mcdonalds tier stuff sells great.

t. walmart employee.
>>
File: kill them all.jpg (110KB, 952x683px) Image search: [Google]
kill them all.jpg
110KB, 952x683px
>>81034133
You right
>>
File: zelda-fan-film-feature.jpg (15KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-fan-film-feature.jpg
15KB, 400x305px
>>81034602
>and a Legend of Zelda spin-off
>>
File: 1490687383019.jpg (36KB, 440x616px) Image search: [Google]
1490687383019.jpg
36KB, 440x616px
>>81034970
>friends
>>
>>81026571
>the constant Capeshit threads that have beein going on non-stop for months

you mean years
>>
File: 1490538198023.jpg (31KB, 397x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490538198023.jpg
31KB, 397x250px
Will Saban ever get us Power Ranger Blitz and other unadapted sentai?
>>
>>81026571
>Marvelfags and DCuck manchildren unironically throwing shit at each other at every opportunity

Ah. When /tv/ became /co/.
>>
>>81022378
i do this thing where when i hear about something i've never heard of before I always picture it to some logical extreme, for my own personal amusement.

which means, this movie was made by people who don't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about power rangers and would rather take a big shit on it instead of make a proper movie.
>>
File: Zedd2.jpg (71KB, 368x558px) Image search: [Google]
Zedd2.jpg
71KB, 368x558px
>>81022210
As an old school fan who felt MMPR ended with in space (as it should have), it was a solid 8/10 for me. It did well with a lot of the mostly ambiguous lore that the show and books glossed over rita being a former green ranger, zordon being one of the red rangers, etc. From all the trailers, I thought goldar was gonna suck, and while it was a semi disappointment, it still kinda moved like he did and had his sword, so I was ok. I can see them making him a monkey in the sequel.

What id like to see in the sequel is zordon being the 2nd red ranger in the past, with zedd being the first (with his looks, he could easily be twisted as the first red ranger). He was the one to go completely batshit or corrupt and that rita loved him like they are setting up kim and jason, and she didnt so much fall as in follow the guy she loved and eventually the dark power changed her into the psycho we see today. It would tie in perfectly to the theme of red rangers failing their team and being replaced (zedd failed by going batshit/getting corrupted, zordon failed by losing the war, jason fails by dying to some enemy and someone (like rocky) having to replace him).

overall, I enjoyed it.
absolutly lost my shit at the theme song blasting with the zords running. only thing I would have added was when the megazord formed, it posed with the hole it climbed out of exploded in a fireball like every ranger scene, and the theme song playing one last time.
>>
Is Kyoryuger a good first sentai?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
13KB, 259x194px
Wait the zeo crystal is mentioned in the film? does that mean zeo rangers could be a possibility in a future squeal?
>>
File: untitled_03.png (427KB, 601x648px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_03.png
427KB, 601x648px
>>81034581
He's not fat. He's beefy.
>>
>>81035290
>you share a board with retards like this who find the foreshadowing of a superhero franchise a little too nuanced to understand
>>
File: 1468950843595.jpg (199KB, 1363x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1468950843595.jpg
199KB, 1363x2048px
>>81034970
>mfw the feud started because Austin said Jesus tapped
>>
>>81035290
>Wait the zeo crystal is mentioned in the film
like 30 times.

And yes, its heavily implied that they will fight tommy in the next movie and I can see them being destroyed half way through the movie and use the crystals to turn into zeo rangers.
>>
File: 1490453326196.jpg (924KB, 2100x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1490453326196.jpg
924KB, 2100x1470px
>ywn get to be in a /prg/ thread again

why even live
>>
>the original cast got paid peanuts for MMPR and were forever typecast as a power ranger and got no real work
>the cast of the new MMPR are making six-figure contracts for this and the next 5 power rangers films and already have actual acclaimed careers

that's gotta sting
>>
File: Grifforzer_Jr.jpg (16KB, 204x202px) Image search: [Google]
Grifforzer_Jr.jpg
16KB, 204x202px
>>81034602
>in an alternate universe, Goldar isn't a joke and he got to bang Scorpina
>>
>>81035365
Apparently ASJ said he killed someone in a competition to impress Amy Jo, or so the story goes.
>>
>>81035409
As big of a sting as the Ed Wood movie making huge coin off of the worst director of all time.
>>
File: fancosplayoutfit.jpg (77KB, 600x955px) Image search: [Google]
fancosplayoutfit.jpg
77KB, 600x955px
I'm more on the negative side of the film. It was complete shit until the final act when they remembered they were making a power rangers movie. The suits look like generic modern Hollywood sci-fi shit (seriously, even fans have made better updated suits pic related), Goldar looks looks like generic modern Hollywood Marvel monster shit.

I'm still very much of the opinion they should have gone the action comedy route with the film and made something more along the line of Akibaranger mashed up with the action comedy of Lego Batman or 21 Jump Street or something.

I don't know why in fuck people want Grimdark Nolan versions of light hearted 90s kids shows. Especially Sentai which has always been melodramatic cheese.
>>
>>81035463
it really needed a tmnt vibe desu. the originals, not the new trash.
>>
File: 1490520266266.jpg (119KB, 784x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490520266266.jpg
119KB, 784x600px
I wish they remained more faithful to the original Rangers in terms of costume design.
>>
>>81035290
If I were one of the writers of the sequel, I'd have the Green Ranger win so that the Rangers can get their Zeo powers then defeat him/her.
>>
File: Prmovieteam.jpg (57KB, 587x370px) Image search: [Google]
Prmovieteam.jpg
57KB, 587x370px
>>81035510
>>81035463
all they had to do was make a higher quality version of the original 90's film suits
>>
File: 1490690016724.jpg (100KB, 1009x761px) Image search: [Google]
1490690016724.jpg
100KB, 1009x761px
>>81035452
>Amy Jo was not impressed by ASJ's lies
>she didn't even give him the privilege of BRAAAPing into his face
>>
File: 1445997607803.jpg (71KB, 535x668px) Image search: [Google]
1445997607803.jpg
71KB, 535x668px
>>81035452
It's pretty obvious that young ASJ was completely chuuni when he was still part of the cast.

Hell, when he got out of show, he found a way to become a real-life Power Ranger by becoming a fireman and EMT.
>>
File: 2uzed1h.jpg (55KB, 391x400px) Image search: [Google]
2uzed1h.jpg
55KB, 391x400px
The bigger question is... how well will Power Rangers do in Japan?
>>
File: 0.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>81034970
Were they ever friends though?
>>
>>81035632
He seems like a good guy but he's got that pretentious kid streak even now.
>>
>>81035666
If pacific rim is any indication, quite poorly.
>>
>>81035678
apparently billy was bullied a lot on set
>>
File: 1488960509317.jpg (29KB, 238x241px) Image search: [Google]
1488960509317.jpg
29KB, 238x241px
>>81035712
>a lot
the only ones who didnt bully him was trini and kim, and kim mostly just stayed out of it and didnt stick up for him until almost the end of her time on set. However, austin onlyu picked on him sometimes. It was JDF who went fucking hardcore never ending felony levels, which is basically what triggered the cast and crew to jump in on it. They even called him to set by calling out "queero" and "fagboy". Even saban made fun of him. but by a large margin, JDF was the heads and tails worst of the group.

After billy left, he went through a LOT of shit. And it was only after JDF got shut down by pretty much everyone he though was his friends and ruined multiple business's that he found jesus and apologized to billy. Yost (billy) accepted it, but honestly I wouldnt. I dont care how many gods you find. You LITERALLY shit on me on a movie set, then we're fucking done for life. You dont 'sorry' out of shitting on people.
>>
>>81034385
>Transgender Ranger, you say?
Bruce Jenner was a power rangers?>>81035172
>>
File: untitled_02.png (197KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_02.png
197KB, 400x400px
>>81035712
Even Bryan Cranston, the guy who Billy was named after, bullied him.

https://www.queerty.com/david-yost-calls-bryan-cranston-homophobe-comments-2009-20160709
>>
>>81035811
>However, austin onlyu picked on him sometimes.

Wait, what did Austin do? Call him a fag?
>>
>>81035811
David Yost said in an interview that JDF once had him eat a sandwich with a fly on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/power-rangers-interview_n_6004472.html
>>
>>81035840
Mostly that or just be that guy who says "hey david, why dont you have a girlfriend, man" knowing full well what kind of rumors it would start.

Its kinda dickish, but its not even close to JDF assaulting him all the time between takes (tripping him, pushing him, gut punches, throwing objects at him, etc), shitting on him, making him eat gross shit, getting the entire cast and crew to make fun of him, literally taking away his name...

im not saying austin's is ok by any means, but its like comparing speeding past a red light to mass murder.
>>
File: Dancing Rangers.gif (1MB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Rangers.gif
1MB, 500x305px
>>81035452
And whose dick did Amy Jo ultimately ride on?

That's right, everyone's favorite ranger!
>>
File: 1490237684747.jpg (65KB, 814x539px) Image search: [Google]
1490237684747.jpg
65KB, 814x539px
>>81034970
>>81035811
>>81035943
>to be forced to stay friends with your bullies

Is /tv/ mature enough to do the same thing?
>>
>>81034970

>Ward is a PR fan

nice
>>
>>81035811
>And it was only after JDF got shut down by pretty much everyone he though was his friends and ruined multiple business's that he found jesus and apologized to billy.

When did this happen? Also, source?
>>
File: 1490475889236.jpg (111KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490475889236.jpg
111KB, 1080x1080px
>>81034970
>>81036019
You know it.
>>
>>81036002
I wouldnt say forced. He found god and said he was sorry to him and they made up. Most of them did. ASJ and DY wernt really enemies, just not friends, and they made up around the time Thuy Trang died.
People grow up

>>81036031
him and ASJ had multiple dojo's together and those 2 had an almost legendary spat and it destroyed the dojo business's they had. You can easily read up on it from google. I forgot what the spat was all about, but I know it was a pile of things, and the money JDF was making off saban (who considered JDF his cash cow and has treated him well financially ever since his first season) was one of the bigger ones.
>>
>>81035943
>>>/tmz.com/
>>
>>81036106
>and the money JDF was making off saban (who considered JDF his cash cow and has treated him well financially ever since his first season) was one of the bigger ones.

Wait, so Austin was bitter over JDF's financial success on Power Rangers?
>>
>>81035232

It was the same goddamn song from the original movie. I had to keep from laughing out loud, but lost it when they cut the song off early. The editing was horrible in that scene. I don't know who the fuck signed off on that shit.
>>
>>81035877
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/power-rangers-interview_n_6004472.html

Well Jason, he and I were like best friends. He had two kids and I often babysat both of his boys so he and his wife could go off and have date night. So, I considered myself their godfather on some level. We were really close and he would prank me all the time. Some of his pranks, they seem extreme, but they are funny. In terms of pranking him back, I don’t think I ever did. But he was often the jokester on set for sure.

Yeah, he actually enjoyed JDF's pranks. Stop spinning it like he was the helpless victim
>>
>>81035299

He used to be a bit bigger, which is strange considering he was spending all that time in Iraq but now that he's back and doing the order, he's been getting some muscle fat. You can see the definition in his arms in more recent photos
>>
>>81035099
That face always gets me. You can see the disgust on it.
>>
>>81036175
>Yeah, he actually enjoyed JDF's pranks. Stop spinning it like he was the helpless victim
>He enjoyed eating a fly in his sandwich
>He enjoyed >>81035943 and >>81035811
>He enjoyed not being able to prank him back

It sounds like Stockholm Syndrome tbqhs.
>>
>>81035398
why what happened?
>>
>>81036223
No more Twitch stream.
>>
File: 195.jpg (15KB, 359x355px) Image search: [Google]
195.jpg
15KB, 359x355px
The issue with the film is was made during the time period where everyone's afraid of the Superhero boom crashing that they won't commit.

They made a film that had two tones. One that wanted to be campy and one that wanted to be serious. The first tone is the only tone that a film like this can work. The second tone is a death sentence.

Not that I'm saying a campy film can't have serious moments, the entirety of Japanese Toku proves it should but at the end of the day the levity needs to outweight the seriousness. You gotta work with the fact that you've got a bunch of handsome young adults fighting monsters and make it fun. The genre doesn't work for deep introspection. I still don't understand how Hollywood didn't fucking realize that Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking proof of this concept and that all the gritty shit remakes over the past decade that flopped are proof.

You need the kids and you need the teenagers. That's the end goal market and the kids and the teenagers WANT FIGHTS AND ACTION. Not fucking mopey teenage problems for most of the movie. Sure, they should have problems kids and teenagers should relate to but you WANT the kids to be able to self insert. It's fucking escapist fantasy.

Now seriously if you were a kid or teenager, who would you want to be? The original power rangers or the new ones.
>>
>>81036220
You don't choose to babysit two offspring of a person you have hatred towards.
>>
>>81036241
y tho
>>
>>81035550

Still absolutely the best.
>>
>>81036251
>you don't choose to give your lunch money to or do the homework of a person you have hatred towards
>>
>>81036143
Thats one of the reasons, yea. But to be fair, everyone hated how much JDF was getting.

Saban is and has always been non union, and such his per episodes are cheap as fuck. The guys where getting about 12-17 thousand a year for the first 3 years, all while shooting 50 episode seasons 6 days a week for almost 9 months straight. If it was a union show, they would have been earning around 25-30k a year first season (with that many episodes and that shooting schedule) and upon the mega success, they would have had the rights to renegotiate and/or sign a new, more lucrative deal, upon season 2.

Now while the others got 0 merch rights/money and earning barely above minumum wage, JDF was earning almost 3x what they were and got like 1% merch. by the time his run on the show ended, he was making serious bank.

>>81036175
First off, this is an interview from like 2 years ago, long after they made up. He has stated in TONS of over interviews how horrible JDF was to him, as have almost every single ranger. Whats going on here is hes downplaying it because their cool now and once you make up, you dont just throw people under the bus. Second off, DY was always timid as fuck and trying desperately to fit in to a crowd that hated his guts, so if he was asked to watch someones kids, he is easily the kind of guy who would do it so they would leave him alone for a bit or even imagine hes earning some form of respect. Its why you see the lowly beat up geek helping the very bullies who insult them with their homework.

Hell, He even says in that very quote some of the shit he did was extreme.
>>
>>81036267
I know right? It keeps the integrity of the original suits whilst making it look like legitimate armor.
>>
>>81036270
DY specifically REFERS to JDF as his BEST FRIEND in the interviews.

"Well golly, his pranks seem extreme but I thought they were funny as hell. I became really close to his kids, so I'm like a godfather or something to them."
>>
File: 1490655282714.jpg (162KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490655282714.jpg
162KB, 1200x1200px
>>81035952
They totally banged.
>>
>>81036053

That's fucking dope. I didn't even know he and JDF were cool like that
>>
>>81036319
see >>81036295
>>
>>81036255

Marathon's done, bruh. The next twitch presents will be announced this friday.

Though you'll still find plenty of people literally jumping off the fence in chat so they can get the emotes before time's up.
>>
>>81036320
They were both in relationships/married to other people at the time so... I doubt it.
>>
>>81036320
man how old is she now? 45? dang she really was the jackpot, aged like fine wine.
>>
>>81036352
she aged amazingly.
This is her like a year ago with her husband just playing guitar at a train station for charity
>>
>>81036352
All it really takes is not letting yourself go.
It is a little harder for women once the ovaries go but the principal is the same. Women just check out in their 30s in general.
>>
>>81036301

And plus, it was the first suits I had seen that actually used the power coins in the middle.

Like, I couldn't get why they were forcing that shit so hard. I had a lot of power rangers merch and memorabilia but the one thing I NOTICED as a kid was that these fucks could not stop drawing the power coins in the middle of these motherfucker's chests like...how did that meeting go?

"They're superheroes, right? Why don't they have symbols on their chests?! Batman and Superman have it!"

"This is just how they came, sir."

"Nonsense! We need something to make them POP to the masses, so the audience will know who they are!"

"But none of the original footage has them with those symbols!"

"We'll force them to! Put it on there! I don't wanna see those diamonds empty when I come back here tomorrow!"

...not that I'm complaining 'cause I liked the power coins in the chestplates.
>>
>>81035952

Where is this from??
>>
>>81036474
its fans at a con
>>
>>81035398

> all three best blacks

Yes I agree with this tj is bae
>>
File: file.png (185KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
185KB, 480x360px
This marathon made me legit forget about my depression and shit job

and now, I have no marathon.
>>
>>81035811
>LITERALLY shit on
>>81035943
>shitting on him
like he pooped on him with poop? like he pulled his pants down and pooped on billy?
is this true?
can anyone verify this?
>>
File: 1490653843850.jpg (6KB, 152x175px) Image search: [Google]
1490653843850.jpg
6KB, 152x175px
>>81036295
>Now while the others got 0 merch rights/money and earning barely above minumum wage, JDF was earning almost 3x what they were and got like 1% merch. by the time his run on the show ended, he was making serious bank.

Meanwhile, JDF says this in an interview:

> “It got to the point for me where I was like, ‘oh my gosh, will someone just come to work and be happy with what we have got.’ It started to affect me, in that when people would leave the show, we would have to shoot with body doubles, and stunt doubles.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/where-are-the-original-power-rangers-now-the-remaining-five-reveal-backstage-scandals-and-surprising-new-careers/news-story/39ecf0e9780e14f05aa64109c8a6446f

Well, gee, JDF. I'm sure they'll be happy with what they got if they were getting paid 3x and have 1% of the merch like you do.
>>
File: 1490623458955.jpg (7KB, 240x179px) Image search: [Google]
1490623458955.jpg
7KB, 240x179px
>>81036848
>He said there were pay disputes on set, which led to a lot of rotation with the cast: “Working on a show was a dream for me. But politics got involved and money got involved and three cast members left.

>“Maybe it wasn’t well paid in comparison to other shows, but for me, 25 years later, I have my businesses and I am financially secure.”

>“If you are going to get your feelings hurt and feel insecure then maybe Hollywood isn’t the business to get into. You have to be thick skinned. Especially in the Power Rangers.”

What an absolute stand up kind of guy.
>>
>>81023630

see >>81023587

i don't recall the name's spelling being seen
>>
>>81023392
r63 doesnt mean transgender
>>
I met JDF at a comic con once. I got the vibe he's kind of a fake guy to you if you don't look like a somebody.
>>
File: untitled.png (181KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
181KB, 284x400px
>>81036848
>Tragically she died in a car accident in 2001. Four of her co-stars — Amy Jo Johnson, Austin St John, David Yost and Walter Emanuel Jones went to her funeral.

Why no JDF?
>>
>>81036824
Was during a panel at rangercon (I think). Both Steve Cardenas and Johnny Yong Bosch talked about it.

They were doing one of the sunrise shots, so it was like 3-4am call. The crew set up 6 small cots in a row so if any of the crew wanted to nap between takes, they could, and yost decided to do that.

JDF had to go to the bathroom, but it took about 10m or so to get out of the suit (and you needed help), so he just ripped a small hole in the bottom of the suit, squatted above a sleeping yost using the frames of 2 other cots, and shit on him.

Crew really didnt seem to give a fuck either. they got the costume design out there eventually to sew up the torn suit, but in the meantime just didnt film around that area (mostly above the waist shots) and as for billy, they took him around to one of the trailers and hosed him down with a garden hose, then helped him into his spare suit. Steve Cardenas thought it was a world class prank.
>>
>>81037017
His brother died around the same time apparently
>>
>>81037050
>so he just ripped a small hole in the bottom of the suit, squatted above a sleeping yost using the frames of 2 other cots, and shit on him.
This can't be real.
>>
>>81037092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFSF29_eGQ
>>
>>81037050
>>81037120
oh fuck man wtf man thats not coo
>>
>>81037017
He claims it was because his brother died around that time, but it was a good 3-6 month span. Most of the rangers and crew say its because Trang never once liked JDF or the shit he pulled. Her best friend on the set was yost and she hated the way he treated yost.

Theres some old old OLD VHS footage a crew member took between takes and he threw some shit at billy who was answering questions on the set, followed by JDF calling out "hey fag, I got some questions" and Trang just giving him the death glare.
>>
>>81037131
Apparently it was Cardenas who got a butt to the face, not Yost getting shit on
>>
>>81037120
wait i thought you fags said this happened to the blue ranger
this happened to the second red ranger? who cares
>>
>>81037176
No, yost has talked about it.
>>
>>81037176
I get the JDF hate, but you can't just claim he took a shit on Billy without checking first, man.
>>
File: 4 U.jpg (6KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
4 U.jpg
6KB, 203x248px
>thread about the Power Rangers movie
>it turns into a JDF bashing thread

Who could be behind this?
>>
>>81037176
>>81037188

he literally says in the video that it was steve who got shit on
not david
>>
>All this sequel talk
Would a sequel actually be profitable after this film already cashed in on casual viewers nostalgia? Do you think those same people would turn out for another one?
>>
>>81022210

if you expect this movie to be good you're a massive retard

besides the movie dredd, i have never seen a good remake.
>>
>>81037050
This sounds almost like Raimi posting.
>>
>>81037221
I was wondering that the other day too. Who the fuck is this movie series actually going to market to? Eventually they'll either have to dumb it down for the kids or darken it for the older viewers.

Alternatively, if Young Justice is any indicator of success, maybe there is an audience for children's comics being marketed toward older viewers.
>>
File: untitled.png (212KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
212KB, 283x400px
>>81037054
>>81037136
How big of a douche nozzle is JDF?

Everything he accuses Austin of, he's 10 times worse. It's like projecting on Austin or something.
>>
>>81037221
Their only last trump card is the green ranger. I think they'll be able to do another film using that. Also read somewhere that Lionsgate only paid 30 mil out of the 100mil budget, they sold the international distribution rights for the film. Lionsgate will make a profit domestically.
>>
>>81035712
According to a producer on the show, it's because he was a pain in the ass to work with.

https://www.queerty.com/the-power-rangers-backlash-against-david-yost-begins-20100828
>>
>>81037302
> last trump card
They could maybe squeeze out another one with Zedd as the main villain after Tommy.
>>
>>81036961

That's what I been thinking the entire time through. Hence what that one anon said.

"Tomi"
>>
This is from 'con in Denver '14. Dude seemed like an ass to me. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, probably just tired from fronting a smile all day
>>
>>81036977

Yeah. I know. I was just pointing out that there was interest in a non-male green ranger.
>>
>>81036848
JDF being a douchebag is common knowledge among PR fans.

https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=169444
>>
>>81037329
The whole 6 films ain't happening, there better off just going with a trilogy ending with fighting Zedd.
>>
>>81037366
Saban is pretty ballsy trying to emulate the success of Star Wars.
>>
File: 1490625456650.jpg (88KB, 855x885px) Image search: [Google]
1490625456650.jpg
88KB, 855x885px
When did this become a JDF bashing thread?
>>
>>81034273
Ahhh. Good ol Lexington Comic Con
>>
File: 1485419170527.jpg (81KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485419170527.jpg
81KB, 800x430px
>>81037330
Tomi?
>>
>>81037350

JDF always seems like an ass man, this is why I can't fuck with him. He's been there longer but when it comes to the OG's, JYB just doesn't seem to have that same 'tired of it all' aura that some others have when they show up.

I'm not saying you should fake a smile if you're not happy but Jesus Christ.
>>
>Ninja steel ratings dropping like a rock after only 8 episodes.

Will their adaptation of Zyuohger fare any better?
>>
File: 1490623784993.png (257KB, 639x357px) Image search: [Google]
1490623784993.png
257KB, 639x357px
>>81034273
>yfw the Bulk and Skull panel had more people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEHD5f7jFY
>>
>>81037478
These guys really dont miss a beat.
>>
>>81037443
Speaking of JYB, AJJ seems to only now embrace her fanbase. Like she tried to ditch her PR persona her whole life due to being typecast, only to be brought back to relevance ironically due to her original fans.
>>
File: austinseancody.jpg (21KB, 264x273px) Image search: [Google]
austinseancody.jpg
21KB, 264x273px
>>81034273
He should've kept lifting and stuck to gay porn.
>>
>>81037512
It's the Adam West/William Shatner syndrome.

I don't blame her for ditching her PR persona, she tried so hard to get work after PR and waited a good year and a half before getting roles due to the PR stigma.
>>
File: 1490475858531.jpg (82KB, 529x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490475858531.jpg
82KB, 529x800px
>>81037350
Did you buy a piece of his ranger suit? You're not his true fan if you didn't!
>>
File: untitled_03.png (165KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_03.png
165KB, 400x226px
>>81034273
>>81037478
Or, appropriately enough, a JDF panel.

JDF > ASJ all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTdTjy25Kg
>>
>>81037515
what was his name at sean cody?
>>
File: 1490697001569.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490697001569.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>81035952
>BRAAAAAPs on your dick
>>
>>81037512

Yeah, and that was slightly disappointing, but I would consider her success middling since she actually got to get into other roles since then.

I'm not sure about too many other people.

The White Rhino Ranger had a role in Netflix's Daredevil, and RPM's Red Ranger became Malcolm in Jessica Jones. Yellow Ranger went on to become the LEAD in iZombie which is pretty much considered a hit at this point so acting-wise, I think that girl made out like a bandit.

JYB's the only one who I've personally felt just seemed to genuinely enjoy the craft and everything else that originates from it. I'm talking video games and anime, he really loves that shit.

JDF agreed to come back for Dino Thunder but only if he had contract that allowed him to be missing from the show so he could spend time with his family. Alright, respect on that part, but why half-ass it at all if you can't commit?

Disney apparently wanted to get Jack to come back as Red for Once A Ranger ( which I found stupid considering Sky was the one promoted ), but when he found out the chick who was playing as Kira was getting involved he backed out and they had to use Bridge, which honestly is the story they should have gone with the begin with.

JYB? He came back no problem as one anon put it. The director knew him personally.
>>
>>81037478
these guys deserve their own show.

Misadventures of Bulk and Skull would have been a awesome spin off in the 90's
>>
File: 2017-03-29.png (77KB, 836x586px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-29.png
77KB, 836x586px
>JDF got escorted out of the Power Rangers 2017 premier for trying to film with his phone.
>>
File: 1422821042196.jpg (44KB, 695x525px) Image search: [Google]
1422821042196.jpg
44KB, 695x525px
>>81036320
It's likelier that they probably banged.
>>
>>81037671
>he got kicked out of the movie because he wanted footage of the crowd reacting to his cameo

Is JDF the William Shatner of the PR fandom?
>>
>>81024890
muh dick
>>
>>81037658

I'm sorry, you can tell I went on a tangent there.

Jack as in the Red SPD Ranger. He used to be in a relationship with Kira from Dino Thunder.
>>
File: 1373311016344.jpg (78KB, 1022x618px) Image search: [Google]
1373311016344.jpg
78KB, 1022x618px
>>81024890
>>
Is it worth my money to go and see it or am I better off waiting for a decent torrent?
>>
File: Austin St. John.jpg (10KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
Austin St. John.jpg
10KB, 194x259px
>>81037515
He should just keep lifting and go Power Ranger Grizzly Bear.
>>
>>81037515
>doesn't even look like him

Austin wishes he got a body like that, though.
>>
>>81037400
Anything mentioning JDF eventually turns into a JDF bashing thread, desu.
>>
>>81037779
Depends on what you want out of a Power Rangers movie. If you go into expecting more than 20 min of them in suit and 5 min megazord battle you will be let down.
>>
>>81037854
Not even worth it for the nostalgia value?
>>
>>81037815

if he cared he would have kept his form just fine. We got a lot of actors who go JUST status but some of them seem pretty happy as well. Wes got to get into a law firm, Jason got into work saving lives...it's all relative.
>>
>>81037878
It gave me nostalgia for the Breakfast Club, but I don't think that was what some people are looking for.
>>
>>81037854
I find it funny that this is pretty much the same amount of time they spent like this in the show
>>
>>81037878

There's some callbacks but like we've already established in this thread, don't go in there expecting the full experience.

Unlike the 90's movie, this one doesn't even have a proper morphing sequence.

It's not okay.
>>
>>81037894
>Jason got into work saving lives...it's all relative.

You mean Austin, right?
>>
>>81037878
you have to view it as it's own thing. Not an adaptation of Zyuranger, nor a movie version of the series, just it's own thing that happens to use the same motifs and terminology.
>>
File: buff jason.jpg (34KB, 309x549px) Image search: [Google]
buff jason.jpg
34KB, 309x549px
>>81037815
He's getting there.
>>
>>81037878
There really isn't a lot of nostalgia bait in the film.The are in suit for around 20 min. Of that 20 min the helmets are retracted so you can see the actors face 90% of the time. The megazord sequence is only about 5 or so min long with the old theme only playing for about 10 seconds.

>>81037908
The episodes of the show didn't have 90 min of character drama each episode before they morphed.
>>
>>81037923

Yeah.

>>81037955
He used to be chubby as fuck but he's been getting that definition as of late. Which seems real convenient considering it's just in time for the order movie they been filming.
>>
>>81037935
Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and see how it goes.
I hate these name only reboots so much though.
Better not turn out like Godzilla '98
>>
File: 1490680994285.jpg (30KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1490680994285.jpg
30KB, 550x413px
>>81036848
>*blocks your shot*
>IT'S ME THE GREEN RANGER
>GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmmieQ39DA

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81037922
>Unlike the 90's movie, this one doesn't even have a proper morphing sequence.

What?
Please dont tell me that the shot of them standing tin the command center suiting up is this films only morphing sequence.
>>
File: 1490642978528.jpg (134KB, 732x314px) Image search: [Google]
1490642978528.jpg
134KB, 732x314px
>>81037981
>Which seems real convenient considering it's just in time for the order movie they been filming.

It's not real convenient, he got in shape because of The Order and his other projects.
>>
>>81037779
>>81037878
If I'm being unbiased I'd say it was a decent movie. It's a step above Transformers 1 but it's below Batman Begins in terms of how origin movies go.

All my friends loved it, all gave above a 7/10 rating.
>>
>>81034970
I'm more surprised he and David Yost are friends than him and Austin showing up at the premiere.
>>
File: 1490638909473.jpg (134KB, 1000x753px) Image search: [Google]
1490638909473.jpg
134KB, 1000x753px
>>81038003
>Trini and Billy talk about method acting
>suddenly a wild JDF appears
>Who's your favorite ranger? It's the Green Ranger isn't it? GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN
>>
File: 1490681359749.jpg (39KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
1490681359749.jpg
39KB, 500x668px
>>81038003
Wow! JDF was always such a great guy!
>>
>>81038003
>This video contains content from TOEI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>>
>>81038003
>JDF tells the dude in the putty suit to get out of the shot while the rest of the cast are clowning around.

This dude is the definition of no fun allowed.
>>
>>81038030

I love the view of that photo and how the guys are arranged. It looks like a trailer poster.
>>
File: 1490651636331.jpg (39KB, 576x456px) Image search: [Google]
1490651636331.jpg
39KB, 576x456px
>>81038030
Is Murderposting in the film?
>>
File: 1490510261058.jpg (67KB, 1285x721px) Image search: [Google]
1490510261058.jpg
67KB, 1285x721px
>>81038148
Don't believe so.
>>
File: 1490701271473.png (629KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
1490701271473.png
629KB, 659x659px
>>81038003
>Let me do the big stunt, man!
>But I want Austin to do it.
>No, no, no! The kids want me to do it!
>>
File: 1489536507306.jpg (327KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1489536507306.jpg
327KB, 1536x2048px
>>81038167
GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN
>>
File: 1371635692774.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1371635692774.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>81038003
>>81038003
>*blocks your shot*
>IT'S ME THE GREEN RANGER
>GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN

Second season in a nutshell.
>>
>>81038003
I see he was bullying David Yost heavily even back then.
>>
>>81036895
>No... not really. He's a public figure, there's higher scrutiny and he's done some pretty shitty things to former cast mates and to his fans. Saying there'd be a big reunion with the cast, but he'd be the only one getting paid for it. The rest will do it for free when he never even talked to ANY of them about it. He's using his power to prevent ASJ from appearing at the same Cons he does because of his own petty disagreements from 20 years ago. And honestly, I don't even think it has anything to do with those disagreements. I think it's because ASJ is the only one who could one up him at a Con. He charges $25,000 for an appearance fee and still holds outrageous prices for his autograph in relation to his fame level.

While the rest DO IT FOR FREE, he gets paid for it and never tells them that he gets paid.

What an utter pissant.
>>
File: Jason_meets_Geki.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jason_meets_Geki.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>81038265
Austin seems like a really nice guy from all the con footage posted in these threads. Its pretty surprising when you compare it to any JDF panel footage.
>>
File: 1490401274136.png (720KB, 1010x808px) Image search: [Google]
1490401274136.png
720KB, 1010x808px
Agony in Pink movie when
>>
>>81038311

...what's the JDF panels like? I'm afraid to look because I hate having my imagery shattered of that man.
>>
>>81038346
ASJ panels all seem to be him just relaxing while giving to the point answers to fan questions. Most of the JDF footage I have seen is him endlessly grandstanding.
>>
File: 1391913378187.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1391913378187.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>81038346
Posted this in a previous thread.

It's this pettiness that allowed him to grow in popularity in stay on in Power Rangers.

Like Michael Jordan always wanting to win and being petty enough to get the coach that cut him into his Hall of Fame induction.

Being a douchebag gets you places.
>>
>>81038346
see >>81037589

It's just as you feared. His fandom is as obnoxious as he is. Like alcohol enablers.

Also, check out the comments at >>81037671. They were all going "Oh, you!" at JDF's antics.
>>
File: rich-piana-mutant.jpg (46KB, 916x563px) Image search: [Google]
rich-piana-mutant.jpg
46KB, 916x563px
>>81026851
>I hope Zedd is in the sequel.
>>
File: urfoy.jpg (23KB, 454x92px) Image search: [Google]
urfoy.jpg
23KB, 454x92px
>>81037358
He's a very mature individual.
>>
File: 1436971395515.jpg (57KB, 521x700px) Image search: [Google]
1436971395515.jpg
57KB, 521x700px
>>81026851
It's actually Ivan Ooze.
>>
>>81037478
>the part where bulk puts a gum wrapper on skulls hat
kek!
>the part where they both totally disregard the burger ranger
hahaha
>the letter 3
heheheh
>the mice and men moment where he looks back
pffahahahaha
>>
JDF is basically that dude you love to hate, but can't really hate because of his charisma. Like the Rock or the guy he plays in Moana
>>
>>81038507
UH OH. WE'RE IN TROUBLE.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.