[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are black Briton cast in African American roles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: samjack.jpg (388KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
samjack.jpg
388KB, 1366x768px
>Selma
>Get Out
>Sicario
>American Gods
>>
Because there are very few African American actors who are any good. Even the guy who made Get Out, a half-black American himself, said that he wanted to cast a black American in the lead role, but the only guy they casted who nailed the role was a Nigerian guy from the UK.
>>
old news, he already apologized, let's move on to the next non-controversy thenk yu
>>
>>81020604
*the only guy they saw who nailed the role
>>
>>81020573
He already flipped and backtracked hard after his kike overlords threatened to ruin his career for embarrassing them.
>>
>>81020604

kek
>>
>>81020573
Samuel L laying down the truth once again.
>>
>>81020627

he didnt apologize he just said his words were taken the wrong way
>>
Maybe they are better actors, maybe African American actors tend to demand ridiculously high wages once they get a whiff of fame.
>>
Its not unique to blacks like most things they complain about
>>
>>81020604

i heard british actors were cheaper
>>
>>81020573
Because they are often far better actors.

Sammy J, Forest Whittaker, Laurence Fishburne and Denzel are literally the only people worth a damn acting-wise.
>>
>>81020573
But Not Too Black

>>81020604
Implicit bias. Went to an HBCU with some fantastic actors.
>>
>>81020757
Morgan Freeman?
>>
>>81020604
Never knew Jordan Peele is half black.
>>
>We're both black b-but I'm a more oppressed black
Holy shit Americans are a mistake
>>
>>81020757
This is the, "Young black men are good for nothing," meme at its finest.
>>
>>81020573

According to this logic only people that have served on the front line should be allowed to act in a war movie etc.
>>
>>81020859
>HBCU

kek
>>
>>81020868

And anyway, the environment of Black Brits and African Americans isn't hugely different except that Black Brits usually get stabbed rather than shot.
>>
>>81020573
With Britain being so small, in order to progress in acting here you need to be good. There's less jobs in media, so the shit ones get weeded out. Most Black actors in Britain either attended the Royal Academy or other private drama school, then did Shakespeare for 4 years at Drury Lane before even grabbing a shitty tv role. By the time Hollywood spots them they've learned the trade inside out.
>>
I'm really sick of blacks.
>>
>>81020885
(You)'d the wrong person, duder.
>>
>>81020573
hmmm dunno.

Sam makes it seem like the Britain is completely free of racial divides and clashes. Certainly not as bad as America but racism is hardly a foreign concept here.
>>
>>81020573
WHATTHEFUCK I HATE BRITBONGISTANIANS EVEN MORE NOW
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.