[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a good horror movie without jump scares?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Is it possible to make a good horror movie without jump scares?
>>
>>81018539
yes
>>
indeed
>>
very much so
>>
>>81018539
Of course. The best horror movies hardly have jump scares and probably wouldnt even need the few they do have. The suspense is the best part of horror movies, but for some reason shit horror directors keep going for jump scares constantly which removes the impact of suspense completely.
>>
>>81019245
The main reason directors use jump scares is because it works for what they try to do. I agree that its cheap and the suspense is the reason good horror is good.
I think kids and teens are the main democraphic of horror movies, for the most part, and they dont know what the fuck a good movie is.
For them a good horror movie is a movie where they jump and get shocked, and can tell their friends its "scary" for that reason.
>>
I'd say David Lynch's movies, but he seems to always want to throw in a jump scare for shits and giggles.
>>
Whats the differance between a horror movie without jump scares and a thriller?
>>
Jump scares are the worst parts of the original Exorcist. It's literally 10/10 horror movie.
Also jumpscares are ok if well integrated into the scene like in The Thing or Evil Dead movies. The real problem is having jumpscares as the only way to relieve tension thus making it completely pointless.
>>
The Witch doesn't have any
>>
The Possession.
Also the best horror movie with possession in the title that's not about demonic possession.
>>
>>81019579
Supernatural elements, mental struggle and survival.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.