[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP theaters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: movie-theater.jpg (620KB, 949x540px) Image search: [Google]
movie-theater.jpg
620KB, 949x540px
>One plan, in fact, would be to allow consumers to pay $30 for the right to stream a film at home on its opening weekend

http://www.tracking-board.com/tell-the-truth-would-you-pay-30-bucks-to-watch-new-movie-releases-at-home/

Reminder that Disney is the only studio not backing this because people actually see their shit in theaters.
>>
>>81009388

I'm up for it. Maybe it will push theater's to actually offer things for a decent price and try to make your experience better.
>>
>>81009388
Day-1-HDrip.4k.cam
>>
>>81009474
This! Boutta fuck da Jews!
>>
Is there a way to enforce a no-singles policy for home screenings using DRM and something like the Xbox kinect?
>>
>>81009388
>$30
hahahahahahaahhhahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhAHAHAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHA
>>
>>81009388
how is this a good idea for studios? one person would buy it and 100,000 would torrent his HD monitor cap
>>
>>81010170
It's actually a reasonable price. For an individual, certainly not, but given that any NORMAL would be viewing the film with multiple people, if there are more than two of viewers, the price is considerably cheaper than the cost of theatre tickets for an equivalent number of people.
>>
>>81009388

There are two things which keep me from going to theaters...and leaving my house isn't one of them:

> cost of a ticket

outrageous that a steak dinner at a reasonably nice restaurant is cheaper than two movie tickets + popcorn

> demographic

theaters do absolutely nothing to keep trashy undesirable people out. If I'm already paying $30+ to see a movie, I want to watch the movie and not listen to a bunch of niggers and teenagers shriek and play on their phones for two hours.

The thrill of seeing a movie on a large screen still exists, I can watch any movie for free I want on my laptop at any time but it's not the same. I avoid movies for the reasons stated above...find out how to fix those issues and I guarantee you'll see people flocking back to theaters.
>>
Imagine getting a few friends together or just a girl to fuck and streaming the latest normie blockbuster in your living room

I'd pay for it desu
>>
pirates dream
>>
>>81009388
>One plan, in fact, would be to allow consumers to pay $30 for the right to stream a film at home on its opening weekend
Aaaand we'll pirate it.

In all honesty, the advent of the internet has made the concept of intellectual property outdated. The studios should start making their money through patronage.
>>
My cinema falcon would be unhappy with that.
>>
>>81009474
>>81010250
>>81010324
>piracy. Screening Room has proprietary technology that would prevent such activities, and any system the studios enact would also be targeted to ending the illegal downloading of its fare.
Watermark in the movie that will allow to trace back to the one who bought it.
>>
>>81009388
I'll finally get to make my own crab legs.
>>
>>81010399
I find it hard to believe that they could include anything in a stream that could prevent someone from capturing their monitor image without having CIA-level access to your pc
>>

I was expecting this to eventually happen.

The theater-going experience is still unique, but it's dying.
>>
>>81010399
I wouldn't be too surprised when somebody finds a way around that. Not counting on it though.
>>
>>81009388
>pay $30 for the right to stream a film at home on its opening weekend
I do this for $0.
>>
>>81010399
its called people dont give a fuck if its released to millions it will get out day one

trial accounts, people using other peoples shit, lieing, taking one for the team

its gonna be leaked day one kikes are still dumb as fuck
>>
That can not be real. So now they charge more money for less service and less maintenance?
Or is the average cinema ticket already 30$?
>>
now Americans will have to shoot up their own house
>>
>>81010399

And then you realise the people who would be releasing them would use stolen credit cards.
>>
The major reason that theaters will never address as to why attendance has cratered so badly is that demographics have become so trashy. No, I don't want to go to the theater when Gonzales drunk drives over to it with his 9 kids and passes out in the row behind mine with his offspring beans running around screaming, Fuck it, I'll stay home and wait for the pirate.
>>
>>81010529
Maybe if they made good movies people would go. Last time I purposefully went to a theater was the 2nd Matrix movie, which was a steaming turd.
>>
>>81010607

I paid 18.99 for an imax ticket the other day

worth it desu. but I also paid another 7 dollars for popcorn and soda
>>
>haven't paid to see a flick in a theater since avatar
>have no intention to ever again
>haven't had cable tv for over a decade
>no intention to get netflix or any streaming garbage either

I have bought a lot of hard drives and NAS enclosures, though.
>>
>>81010685
There's more money to be made with capeshite, remakes, premakes, prequels, and sequels than original content.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>81010152
If you're watching it on XBox Kinect they already know you're single, so when you try to stream on it, instead of a movie you'll get this
>>
>>81010719
>NAS enclosure
The fuck is that?
>>
I like the theater, I try and go often. Would be sad to see em go.
>>
>>81009388
Going to the theater serves an entirepy different purpose than watching movies at home.
>>
good projectors are 600 bucks minimum

home theaters are the future
>>
>>81010371
>In all honesty, the advent of the internet has made the concept of intellectual property outdated.
this
but by god they'll find to pretend this isn't the case
and they have a fuck load of pull in the government
so even if the only way to curb down on piracy is with 1984-esque laws (like tpp), they'll fucking try it if it will make them more money
>>
>>81010693
whoa, slow down there mr moneybags
>>
>>81009388
Does it come with some popcorn, large coke and vanilla choc top ice cream?

If not, DROPPED
>>
>>81010306
But you can't keep trash people out without keeping prices high.
>>
>>81010568
>lieing

Lying. That's how you spell lying. I bet you say you got for 'lays down', don't you? Cause you think 'lie' means to tell a fib. No. You're retarded. A terminal case. The only cure is a shotgun shell to your brain.

So glad Trump is going to make America cease to exist.
>>
>>81009425
theatres already make next to nothing on tickets mate, they dont have room to offer much
>>
>>81010399
Someone will just make a fake account with a secure vpn. Do they really think no one would get around this?
>>
>>81012709

Then i'd honestly want to let them die. It costs so much to go to a movie nowadays if you want to get even the smallest snack for the movie.
>>
MAYBE MOVIE THEATERS IN THEIR CURRENT SHAPE AREN'T ADEQUATE FOR TODAY'S CONSUMER, ACCELERATED BY THE FACT THAT FOR YEARS THE EXPERIENCE HAS REMAINED EITHER THE SAME OR DEGRADED WHILE PRICES ONLY INCREASE.

PERHAPS THIS IS THE MARKET RESPONDING TO A FAILED MODEL THAT COUNTLESS THEATERS ATTEMPTED TO PUSH
>>
>>81009388

Don't they already do this in South Korea and Saudi Arabia? It's why so many early HD rips have hard subs in gook or terrorist.
>>
>>81010399
Impossible, what possible software could they use to prevent someone using a screen recorder and just using a good mic to record the sound and sync it.

I'm not complaining anyway, fuck the cinejew.
>>
File: 1490032045257.jpg (25KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1490032045257.jpg
25KB, 600x402px
>>81009388
>High Quality Rips available on day1

Pretty sure this would actually kill the film industry
>>
Fandango should just partner with Netflix and create a joint subscription where you pay more a month for Netflix (say $30 or so), and you get your normal Netflix content, a pass for unlimited viewing of movies (most theaters make money off concessions anyway), and maybe a deal where Netflix content can get viewed in a theater for a limited time only.
>>
>>81012818
>smuggling in a tasty treat when you go to see a kino
We had a whole thread about this last night
>>
>>81013552
Fuck meant to reply to >>81012783
and I meant to say >not smuggling
Goddamn phoneposting my man
>>
>>81010399
In many countries is legal to pirate movies if you don't make money doing it. Half of Europe is that way. China doesn't give a fuck either. What are they going to do? Cancel the access to the next movies? Easy to bypass.
>>
For my money, ain't nothing will ever beat the theater experience. Just too many great feels to be had
>taking a falcon that you just finished training to see a flick for the first time
>buying a medium popcorn when you're on a budget and enjoying the more maneuverable wheelbarrow that comes with it
>getting picked as the designated shooter and setting a new high score with your SKS
>the thrill of crawling through no man's land, dodging spotlights and death squads when you're single just to see the latest capeshit
>taking a qt to a kino and catching her shy but impressed gaze when you get picked for a random penis inspection

Nothing quite like it, boys!
>>
>Would you like to pay $6 to see a movie in theaters.
>or $30 to see it at home.

WOW WHAT A FUCKING DEAL!

HOW ABOUT THIS ASSHOLE!
>I watch it in the theaters.
>I pirate the fucking movie.
>I buy it once it releases on Blu-ray.
AND I STILL COME OUT CHEAPER THEN YOUR FUCKING DUMB PRICE!

>You cant download a movie its illegal.
Not if I went and watched it and have full fucking intentions or have purchased the damn thing. It means I like it enough to tell others to go see the shit, watch it myself, and paid for it twice.

Eat my dick, I like giving good movies money, bad ones can piss off, I wont even touch their shit unless I rent it for $2 on TV, fuckem!
>>
>>81010399
>>81012824
Way back in the day World of Warcraft screenshots would encode your username and server in them in the jpeg artifacts. It took people 2 expansions to find out about this. Blizzard would use this to find botters/exploiters who took screenshots using the in-game screenshot tool. If you just did a printsceen you were fine. I'm not sure if it would be possible for movie studios to try something similar (store your account id in the artifacts) and what level of distortion it would take to mask it, but I'm pretty sure you could lower the quality of a video enough to hide encoded data without compromising too much.
>>
>>81010399
>Put little black bar overtop watermark
There you go. Unless you're going to watermark the entire screen, in which case why the fuck would you pay 30 dollars to stream such an ugly product?
>>
>>81010374
The RSPB has already announced they're going to cooperate with this scheme to provide video-in-video streaming of one of the cinema falcons to prevent them being culled as a result.
>>
>>81014422
People will use third party software so this shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>81014559
Does everyone here rent a falcon when they go to see a kino? I own one (grew up in a falcon family, we've always had a falcon or two flying around the house) but I don't know if that's what normies do.
Also, does anyone else get the hem of their cape caught on the anvils when they go to the showers at intermission?
>>
ITT: self dick sucking faggots who think pirating a movie is edgy
>>
>>81014992
t. idiot who wastes money on free things
>>
It's nearly $25 to see a movie with a date so why not pay the $5 extra to stream it at home and actually be able to fuck while enjoying capeshit(besides DC Ofc since DC movies are for kissless virgins)
>>
>>81010607
>less service
Than what? The only free services they provide is people to give you a ticket then check it again at the doors.

I'd be very happy to do this seeing as it's been illegal to smoke in cinemas here for over a decade.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.