[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15

File: 1490538672358.png (607KB, 858x479px) Image search: [Google]
1490538672358.png
607KB, 858x479px
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

How do we save culture?
>>
>>81009069
Make good movies that people actually want to see
>>
>>81009069
Just fuck off already, I agree but I'm not int the mood. Just talk about movies and tv for Jusus sake
>>
>>81009069
what an island of misfit toys.
>>
File: 1490706280907.jpg (134KB, 837x840px) Image search: [Google]
1490706280907.jpg
134KB, 837x840px
You can't
>>
This is american culture at it's core. It was like this since the beginning if you think about it. Just accept it and move on
>>
An old forest must burn before new life can poke through the ashes
>>
File: 1489962159712.jpg (31KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
1489962159712.jpg
31KB, 460x305px
>>81009160
The only hope is the next generation of children who will be against their parents """nerd culture"""
>>
>>81009137
>Good movies

So not capeshit then
>>
ever notice how "lol i'm such a nerd" culture is built around franchises where people are raised to elite status over others and solve all their problems with magic?
>>
>>81009160
the fact that this was made by someone who uses "redpilled" and "based" makes it funnier
>>
>>81009196
but the next generation is already deep into the same shit
>>
>>81009255
Look at this bluepilled cuck. He isn't even semi-b4sed classical liberal, let alone 100% based big guy neoreactionary like me. Kek send this faggot enlightenment.
>>
>>81009219
that is a minority opinion
>>
>>81009249
Star Wars and Harry Potter fit this really well, but in Lord of the Rings they get really fucked trying to succeed and the fanbase is still just as obnoxious.
>>
File: 1486927251518.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486927251518.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>81009069
you can't save something created by beings (humans) who are objectively shit.

The only great things acomplished in human history have been by a very select minority of thinkers, speakers, doers. a half of a millionth of a percent are responsible for all progress. Because the average human is fucking garbage. They're unmotivated, unitelligent, uninspired, boring, and probably a real fucking asshole too.

And so we see a pattern repeat itself throughout history

someone creates or invents something that's great (nerd culture)

it gets swarmed by normies and becomes popular

then it becomes shit garbage trash

And THIS is why I stay in my room all day and have never had sex in my entire life

beause people are retarded and I can't be bothered with them.
>>
>>81009350
the conflict in lord of the rings is resolved by magic poor people destroying a magic ring in a magic volcano
>>
I'll take superhero movies over generic timed horror drivel any day of the week.
>>
>>81009387
you're trading generic shit for generic shit though
>>
Aww man OP, look at all those hot opinions!
>>
>>81009069
The last quote doesnt fit in. Lucas is complaining about people wanting more mature themes. Hes part of the problem, opposed to the idea that movies should be about more mature themes than superhero quipfests and JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO-entertainment for retards and children.
>>
>Mom, I posted it again.
>>
>>81009069
>>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
>- Simon Pegg
Does this mean he's the biggest hypocrite there is?
>>
>>81009373
I'm talking about frodo and sam here. They are not magic in their environment and they have to overcome the direst of conditions to achieve their objectives with no help of anyone else.
Of course you're completely right when it comes to everyone else. So I guess the fanbase is justified
>I'm not a fan of lotr I swear
>>
>>81009478
He's like a scientist who finds himself making nuclear bombs.
>>
>>81009350
LOTR-fan base is miles better than Star Wars and Harry Potter retards desu.

Fan base cancer stage is always directly proportional with the amount of tumblr, deviantart and fan fiction activity. Which makes the cancer ratings something like GoT>Harry Potter>>>Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LotR
>>
>>81009598
I think you mean GoT>Harry Potter==Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LotR
>>
>>81009069
Nice pasta faggot, stop posting it every other day though. 5/10
Sage
PS: batvsups is a KINO
>>
File: IMG_3666.jpg (407KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3666.jpg
407KB, 1184x1046px
>>81009069
>I dont give a damn, I shit on the united states

kekerino
>>
>>81009694
Harry Potter is worse than SW because they have the ultimate retard JKRowling virtue signaling to the max, drawing all the tumblr hamplanets to the fanbase.
>>
>>81009551
>They are not magic in their environment

>hobbits
>not a magical race

Didn't read the books I see.
>>
What are fantasy books you like that haven't been ruined by the faux nerd culture? Off the top of my head I can think of Gormenghast and Book of the New Sun, I hope they never become what LOTR and ASOIAF have.
>>
>>81009453
But he acknowledges that this kind of films are kid films. He's not pretending these are adult films that should be treated like serious films. That's part of the problem too, the belief that Harry Potter, Marvel films or Hunger Games and similar stuff have "real" content besided it's basic, bland entertainment value.
>>
>>81009868
Anything pre Tolkien or contemporary to Tolkien. Dunsany, Howard, Ashton Smith, Machen.
>>
>>81009551
even if we allow for sam and frodo to not be magical in nature (even though they are) all their problems/conflicts are solved with either a magic ring, magic sword, magic bread, magic rope, their magical (if capricious) sidekick, a literal goddamn wizard, or some other form of magic I'm not remembering.
>>
>>81009069
man, Alex Guinness sounds like an asshole
>>
>>81009069
something you need to get over first is this desire to depoliticize the situation by reducing it to a personal level (people being childlike, desensitized etc). notice how out out of all of these quotes only the first one actually mentions capitalism, all the other ones seem aware of the problem but only dare express it in personal terms.

nerds are better customers than non-nerds. they are a fusion of adult and childish behavior. they won't just buy a movie ticket, they will buy potentially endless amounts of merchandise. they will spend their own time and money to market products they like. unlike fickle children, nerds rarely grow out of anything. they will complain about products but they will still buy them. they don't treat fiction as fiction, they treat it as a gateway to a parallel universe, and desire to have this universe endlessly expanded upon. this obviously matches company goals of selling shit forever.

that's why companies are now engaged in a conscious campaign to change all people into nerds. this has happened before: notice how one of the main effects of the supposedly-radical counterculture of the 60s and 70s was creating improved consumers, people who buy even more things than their parents and feel less guilty about it. in the 50s you bought shit to impress the neighbors and you were becoming vaguely anxious about consumerism. in the 70s you bought stuff because it "expressed the real you" and you were openly disdainful of consumerism even as you engaged in it thanks to a newly acquired power of doublethink. now you buy shit because it says "star wars" on it, and not engaging in consumerism is unthinkable because "being a star wars fan" is the core of your identity and if you stopped desiring star wars things there would be nothing left of you.

none of this is reversible. you can't fix it with hashtags and fantasies of "voting with your wallet". none of this is going away unless capitalism itself collapses.
>>
>>81009069
You were good up until you included a George Lucas quote. the guy only marketed his movies towards kids to sell toys and other merchandise.
>>
>>81009868
Robert E. Howard.
>>
>>81010105
This is a great post.
>>
>>81009373
>Frodo
>poor

he was one the richest hobbits in the entire Shire if not already the richest.
>>
>>81009947

Tolkien really did damage to the fantasy genre didn't he? As much as I like LOTR I despise all of his clones that have popped up in the recent years.
>>
>>81009802
>>81010051

Hobbits are not magic. Tolkien purposefully made them mundane.
>>
>>81010051
This is a dumb comment. The only magical help Frodo and Sam have after parting with the rest of the fellowship is the Ring, which is a burden, some magical bread, which is a plot device so we dont have to care about "omg where did they get food???" and the magical light from Galadriel which is a minor help. You just cant compare that to nobodies like Rey, Luke, Harry Potter who wake up and one day find out they have godlike powers who put them in the elite above 99.9999% of the population.

Theres a reason tumblr loves Harry Potter, Daenerys from GoT and Rey; its because they are nobodies (like the tumblrinas) who through no hard work at all one day have super powers. Its escape fantasies for loser. It doesnt apply to Frodo and Sam because they actually have to do really hard physical and mental work for no personal reward.
>>
>>81009453
the only difference is that lucas is talking about his fans behaving like adolescents instead of like children. this paranoia over one's interests being perceived as inappropriately childlike is a major feature of adolescence.
>>
I hope Dune gets really popular one day so I can see these manchildren and tumblites rambling about how great jihad is and shit lmao
>>
>>81010300
No he's a fucking idiot. People just don't enjoy his bullshit like ewoks and Jar Jar.
>>
>"Film as art culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to intellectually masturbate the consume as a means of non-aggressive control"
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen 2001: A Space Odyssey over a hundred times. I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see 2001 again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand faux-intellgencia banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [art films] as elevated art form, I think it's still just a French guy smoking a cigarette with a Noir filter around his stupid depressed face... It's for quasi-intellectuals, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about a guy and his dog where nothing actually happens as some kind of metaphor for the pointlessness of life. I think it's fine for people who want to pretend to be smart, those of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"They have been poisoned, this culture genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to pointless camera work and terrible religious metaphors and shit that doesn't mean nothing about the experience of a simple story."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

Films are for entertainment, not for pretending you're cultured, idiots. Read a book.
>>
>>81010396
There are shit books too, thanks to that kind of thought.
>>
>>81010351
how am i wrong exactly? read the lucas quote again. he's talking about people who haven't grown up yet but want to distance themselves from childhood. is that not a perfect description of adolescence?
>>
>>81009069
Agree.

I cringe every time I hear a man use 'geek' or 'nerd' in a positive light.
>>
>>81010418
Indeed there are, but there are also good books. There is very very few good films outside of good entertainment things. I won't say shit like John Wick is bad, it's just not trying to be something it isn't. People want guns and kills, so they got it. Fuck the story. It's shit like /tv/ defending Synder for his capeshit films because he throws in some shitty metaphors or whatever. Pretending it's something it isn't. Banal.
>>
>>81009350
>doesn't know about muh silmarils
>>
>>81009160
Oh please coming from the group of people using Pepe and Wojak to frame their narrative like some old school propaganda is highly hypocrtical
>>
>>81010566
>There is very very few good films
No. There are tons of great films. People just don't watch them. Claire Denis is alive and making films. Apichatpong Weerasethakul is alive and making films. Pedro Costa too, or the Dardenne brothers, or Michael Mann or Kelly Reichdhart. There are as many great films as many great books if you just go and try to find them. The things that Bresson, Dreyer or Tarkovsky or Kurosawa or Antonioni did have nothing to fear when compared to great literature.
>>
>>81010676
Sorry, I should have qualified. Mainstream. Same shit applies to books. There is a reason why Twilight was successful. It's about a teenage girls choice between bestiality and necrophilia, written for tweens. Ta-da. Instant seller. Then GOT got popular because the show got people into it and was only made cause Spartacus and shit was popular. "GRIMDARK AND EDGY LOL".
>>
>>81010105
Communism has and always will fail because it fundamentally seeks to change human nature, which is not possible and never will be. People need to start looking elsewhere for ideas about alternatives to capitalism than some lazy fat jealous jew who never worked a day in his life.
>>
>>81010800
The reason is that it panders to them and is bland as fuck. It's the opposite of challenging, pure opium. The problem is not that people are idiots, we all are fucking idiots, the problem comes when people demand to be treated like idiots.
>>
>>81010983
>Communism has and always will fail because it fundamentally seeks to change human nature
As a left winger commie I gotta say I couldn't agree mor with you. There's nothing more "human" than capitalism.
>>
>>81010992
I mean that's fine. That's perfectly fine. I'd rather people read Twilight or GoT than didn't read. But it's even more diluted in films because films are a visual medium and shit needs to attract the mouthbreathing retards who can't stop looking at their phone. This is why capeshit works, because it keeps people engaged and when they slip to look at their phone, there is (or was no need) to pay attention. You know that guy is the baddie and those guys are the goodie. Awesome. All done. But even capeshit can't do that right (though granted it seems to be only BvS that has failed in this regard) and so we're left with more dilution. More action. So even book adaptions, like Ender's Game, gets turned into an action fest that destroyed any complicated nuances in the book.

But my ultimate point is, anybody who shits on films for being action shit needs to stop being pretentious, cause guess what? Films need to be like that to keep people hooked. Which is fine.
>>
>>81010609
Oh, you mean the ones who are NOT in LotR but in a compilation of scribbles by the author? I know them.
Silmarillion is great, but I don't think it applies
>>
>>81011107
I don't see it as "fine" when we say that "the need to pay attention" is superfluous and dispensable. Nobody is forcing nobody to watch a movie. If you don't want to watch a movie, then don't. But this "I want to watch a movie, but I don't want to have to watch it in an active way" is pernicious both to society (who thinks that attention to other people's messages are not important) and the medium itself, who gives way to this kind of works over other ones that are more "difficult", and I'm not talking about avant garde shit here, I'm just talking about movies where you have to pay attention just to know what's going on. Just my personal opinion, tho. I don't want to sound like a total asshole to you, but this really makes me furious.

Also, I'd rather have people not read at all than to read shit for the same motives. It motivates them to behave in a virtue signaling, faux cultural superior way when they have not earned it. To stain yourself with shit is worse than being in a cultural blank slate.
>>
>>81011107
>films need to be like that to keep people hooked
Millennial goldfish retard detected
>>
>>81011248
You misunderstood. I was saying that action films and shit that doesn't really require much thought is fine. But the problem is it isn't countered by shit that isn't like that. I don't even have a smart phone, not that I would look at it anyway. The problem is suits have to deal with this and don't want to deal with it. There is a reason why it's either capeshit, book adaptions or horror.

As for not having people read, I don't agree. My hope is people will read something like Twilight and then move onto something more complex. Yes, you have people who buy books just to put them on the coffee table to pretend to look smart and maybe have read a summary to fob off somebody who asks a question. Sadly you get people who read shit just to say they've read it. My dad is 72 and has read thousands of books, he always has a book on the go. Yet he couldn't cope with reading LotR, he just couldn't cope and he read it in like 1960. He's tried many times but can't do it. That doesn't mean he reads nothing complex, he does, but some books are beyond people either through the way they're written or the content they're about. Meaning you're not going to jump into whatever from the getgo.

>>81011367
I see you're out of your comfort zone, trying to actually read for once, it's OK. Read it a few more times and you'll see what i meant. But my guess is you're just shitposting, so I'll just hide your reply.
>>
This is actually turning into a good well-rounded thread. Who would know...
>>
>>81011367
Did you not get his point? That films are being made to be action filled so people pay attention so they don't review it and go "OHH GOD I WAS SO BOOORED". Faggot. Learn to read you cretin.

>>81011248
He wasn't saying they were being forced to watch a film. Only that people don't like feeling dumb and that making a film that requires paying attention is not going to result in $$$ when people go on their Instagram or whatever and go "SO BORED #BORED #WASTEOFMONEY #INSERTFILMNAME".

>>81011463
You're not explaining yourself properly. You need to explain to retards on /tv/ who need to be reminded that films are made for $$$ and not for shits and fucking giggles. There. Now you've explained why films are action fests, because people don't want to feel lost or dumb in a film.
>>
File: book11.jpg (414KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
book11.jpg
414KB, 800x1183px
Escapism isn't a modern invention. There's an oversaturation, it's true, but some of those quotes are so far up its own ass it's not even funny. Not every movie has to be a joyless exploration of the human psyche either.
>>
>>81010105
If you're still in this thread can you go more into the depth about the increase of consumerism in the '70s? Kinda sounds like bs.
>>
Why is /tv/ trying to claim moral superiority when this board is filled with capeshit 24/7. It's obvious you guys secretly like this garbage
>>
>>81009069
>muh late capitalism
Why do we allow these delusional communists to exist?
Their religion is retarded and dangerous.
They don't even believe in evolution and then claim to be objective and rational.
Lel
>>
>>81010983
>human nature
kek
>>
File: 1484185354436.png (150KB, 485x527px) Image search: [Google]
1484185354436.png
150KB, 485x527px
>>81010105
>capitalism will collapse
Lmao you people are incredibly fucking delusional.

Why do you people STILL exist?

Your retarded religion actually claims all human behavior is the result of economic forces. Dialectical materialism is pseudoscience.

YOU PEOPLE MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER

Marxism has been debunked countless times, just stop posting your sophistry.
>>
>>81010281
There's also the Sting, a magic elf-sword, magical rope, magic cloaks that offer nearly complete concealment. Also the Hobbits seem to have an innate "magic" that makes them by default stealthy and hard to track, as well as an innate resistance to corruption from the Ring.

>have godlike powers who put them in the elite above 99.9999% of the population.
so like Frodo being adopted and made the heir of one of the wealthiest and most important Hobbits in the Shire, as well as being given a magic Ring?

>Its escape fantasies for loser. It doesnt apply to Frodo and Sam because they actually have to do really hard physical and mental work for no personal reward.
Because somehow going to "paradise" at the end in a ship with a literal angel and high Elves isn't a reward. And of course they did recieve a great deal of help, both direct in the form of Faramir, but also indirectly through Aragorn and co. marching to the Black Gate, as well as the Eagles saving their asses from the volcano. And of course the help of the actual God himself making Gollum fall into the volcano to complete the Quest in the first place.
>>
>>81010983
>human nature
>>
File: 1480567228656.png (231KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1480567228656.png
231KB, 342x342px
>>81012046
>human nature isn't real guise
Lmao your delusional cultists actually believe human biological instincts don't exist.
You completely ignore neuroscience and human evolutionand you delusionally believe in the blank slate fallacy.

That's why every socialist nation was an absolute authoritarian shithole.
You people are cucks that crave authority.
>>
>>81011026
Why do you commies still exist when marxism had already been debunked as pseudoscience?
>>
If you argue on the internet you should be shot
>>
File: 1474584047396.jpg (290KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474584047396.jpg
290KB, 1500x1000px
>>81012167
>facts and science are a spook
Lmao
>>
>>81012217
>deriving oughts from an is
wew lad
>>
>>81012269
No you shouldn't
>>
>>81009196
I wasn't prepared for this much chringe before lunch
>>
>>81009165
>since the beginning

How so?
>>
>>81012167
Why is leftypol so fucking embarrassing?
>>
>>81012167
>>81012303
>All your values and philosophy are spooks but my commie ones aren't for some reason
>t. Stirnerfag
>>
I'll take capeshit over the goddamn "base on/inspired by/director-read-a-wiki-article-about book/story/event" that plagued movies previously. At least capeshit admits it's pure make believe.
>>
>>81012303
I'm simply describing the human brain and biological instincts.
I'm not making any moral judgements.
Kek you actually believe in the blank slate fallacy.

Man you people are dumb as rocks.
>>
>>81009160
This is spot on. Now we just need depicting the other side
>>
>>81012420
There's nothing more embarrassing than sternerite marxist.
Like how the fuck does ones brain get that damaged?
>>
>>81012401
why is all of pol so fucking embarrasing?
>>
>>81010530
Lucas's quote suggests a false dichotomy that you can't have a kids movie with adult themes.
>>
File: 1476240136625.jpg (58KB, 416x620px) Image search: [Google]
1476240136625.jpg
58KB, 416x620px
>>81012401
Strinerposting came fron /lit/ senpai

>>81012420
>I don't know what spooks are but I must still post
Spooks are abstractions you place above your self-interests, like>>81012444 insisting that human nature is immutable, scared, untouchable and indisputable, but really only using it to circumvent his own self-interests

And yes even communists are spooked too
>>
>>81009069
>>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control. That said, I'M SUUUUUPER FUCKING STOKED TO BE WRITING THE NEXT STAR TREK, GUISE!!!! OH, AND PLS GIVE ME A CAMEO IN THE NEXT STAR WARS IT'S GONNA BE EPIC FOR THE WIN XDXDXDXD"
>>
File: pinker_headshot.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
pinker_headshot.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
>>81012540
Lmao literally nobody is making moral judgements here.

Lol you're STILL committing the blank slate fallacy you delusional creationist.
>>
>>81009349
Intellectuals are a minority population
>>
>>81012665
See >>81010983
I have endorsed and rejected the blank state, but rather point out that whatever human nature is, one can't use it to derive what should or should not be done or happen
>>
>>81012556
This. OP is just contrarianposting
>>
File: 1251862453580.jpg (9KB, 349x316px) Image search: [Google]
1251862453580.jpg
9KB, 349x316px
>>81009069
>How do we save culture?
Stop pretending that cringeworthy idol-worship hasn't been a thing for 40,000 years. The capefags of today are no different than the monks from centuries ago or the adorers of totems from millenia ago. All human cultures have included some form of inane obsessions with fiction or unimportant pop culture. The only difference now is that you have the internet to see the faces of the type of people who have been indulging in this crap forever.
>>
>>81012109
>>81010983
Where was Communism mentioned in that post?
>>
>>81009160
>Meanwhile 4chan use a webcomic frog to shitpost during election
>somehow it's the """others""" who are manchildren
>>
>>81010105
>>81012829
These. This kind of shit was going on long before you were born, OP.
>>
>>81012737
What should NOT be done is wage class warfare and enslave/execute millions of people AGAIN, ie promote a communist society
>>
>>81012504
not at all. he's saying people want superficial signs of "childishness" purged from their movies and replaced by superficial "toughness", to feel less embarrassed. he does not mention "adult themes" at all.
>>
>>81011892
don't have time to post a big explanation right now but for the relationship between counterculture and business you'll want to read "the conquest of cool" by thomas frank.
>>
>>81013045
Whatever man I won't let you shift the discussion or the goalposts to something else since you already got called out and lost. Just don't use muh human nature as a argument for anything else senpai
>>
>>81012906
any criticism of the dominant ideology of capitalism immediately triggers defensive memes
>>
>>81009196
That wall is basically saying "I hold extreme importance to sitting on my ass and passively engaging my brain with media created by others for the purposes to make money off of me."
>>
>>81013100
That's because to Lucas appealing to children involves slapstick comedy. His own movies and LOTR movies proves you can appeal to adults and children through proper world building instead of gag humour
>>
>>81013891
the problem with this conversation is that i'm simply telling you what that quote says whereas you have all these elaborate fantasies about this "george lucas" person that you want to talk about instead. i don't really care about george lucas or what you imagine he believes.
>>
>Thread about modern media trends
>commies/neo-nazis come in and shit everything up

Fuck all of you.
>>
>>81010657
we shitpost with pepe and wojak, we don't use them to form the basis of our political opinions
>>
>>81014643
The pic isn't about that. It's about not being able to discuss real life topics without pop-culture references.
>>
>>81014497
>i want discuss modern media, but only apolitically!

you're legit the stupidest person in this thread
>>
>>81012444
>I'm simply describing the human brain and biological instincts
You're just saying the words "neurobiology," "science," "human nature," and so on, and then saying they agree with your conclusions with literally zero explanation whatsoever.
>>
>>81013299
Looks cool thanks.
>>
>>81011608
Have you even read that book?
>>
>>81013379
And we're right and leftists have no argument

You people are a religion
>>
>>81015510
>zero explanation
What?

I didn't know I needed to explain the definition of commonly accepted scientific concepts to you people.

Are you this scientifically illiterate?

Your entire ideology is a joke.
>>
File: 1484963218694.jpg (48KB, 377x364px) Image search: [Google]
1484963218694.jpg
48KB, 377x364px
>>81013325
That guy want me.

He was right though.
>>
Sometimes I feel that Communists never actually want to realise their dream and instead just kind of whine about it.
>>
>>81017013
>Human nature is a commonly accepted scientific concept
It isn't, there is no common agreement. It's a buzzword and you couldn't explain yourself if you tried.
>>
>it's a morons from /pol/ ruin every single thread with thier retarded red team blue team bullshit episode
>>
>>81017364
Sometimes I feel like right wingers don't want to confront the flaws of capitalism and whatabout this hard over an ideology they probably don't understand
>>
>>81009350
LotR is camouflaged capeshit
>>
>>81009371
The funniest part is where you chose to send this message thinking it was clever
>>
>>81009069

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>81009069
just wait until they react to the SM:H trailer
they will scream, laugh and holler at every single scene and frame
>>
>>81010566
So you're saying that film has no potential as an art medium other than entertaining people's fat asses with explosions? Nice thinking dude...
>>
>>81009350
Lord of the Rings is popular mostly for the movies. The mainstream audiences think the books are boring because lel no sex and epic khaleesi dragons
>>
>>81016971
Are you an imbecile and can't read?
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.