[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Fist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 34

File: Iron-Fist-TV-Show-Details.jpg (69KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Fist-TV-Show-Details.jpg
69KB, 1024x683px
Finally finished this. I really don't see why it got all the hate. It had a few things that bugged me but all in all it was very solid. Is it really just people being mad that a white guy is portrayed by a white guy? Granted, I haven't watched the other three shows because this was the one that interested the most. It could be that I'll end up liking the other shows more.

(And yeah, I know I'm a little slow but I'm not going to torture myself by marathoning 13 hour-long episodes. I like to take my time.)

And since this is /tv/ and I can't get any responses unless I use a bunch of memes, WHAT WENT WRONG? WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS? WHO WAS IN THE WRONG HERE? BANE? WANT A TOOTHPICK? WHAT'S SAURON'S TAX POLICY?
>>
>series about martial arts
>piss-poor choreography with constant cuts
>>
>>80998599
That's another thing actually. People kept insisting the fight choreography was bad and it actually wasn't, for the most part. There were a couple mediocre ones and I think people just took those and picked on them.
>>
>>80998657
I'm a hong kong action cinema expert who has seen over 300 kung fu movies and has written literally thousands of analyses of martial arts choreography and I'm here to tell you that the choreography was seriously fucking bad and there exist no continuous sequences of moves in the entire series, it's packed full of cutting and doubling.

Danny does do a few cool moves here and there, but it's always one move per shot. You can't prove otherwise because the choreography is nonexistent. One move per shot isn't choreography
>>
>>80998300
The actor that played Danny kinda sucked, the critics were right for complaining about his casting, but for the completely wrong reasons. Other than that, I gotta agree, I enjoyed the show a lot more than I thought I would, mainly because of the very strong supporting cast. Funny enough, Ward is probably the most interesting and 3 dimensional character out of all the Marvel Netflix shows, including the other main characters. I sure didn't expect that from a show about a magic kung fu warrior I would enjoy the side story arc of a corporate "villain" and his dad by far the most.
>>
>>80998786
Okay, fine, I'll take your word for it, but it still didn't bother me in this show.

Maybe it is just my inexperience then. What would you recommend watching for examples of great choreography?
>>
>>80998839
Tsui Hark's The Blade, Drunken Master II, Heroes of the East, Last Hurrah for Chivalry
>>
>>80998832
Yeah, I particularly liked Ward as well, so I'm glad I'm not alone on that. I'll admit, before watching this show I heard it had a bigger focus on business meetings than fight scenes and that interested me about it.
>>
>>80998896
Thanks, I'll look into those.
>>
>When reviews started to come in trashing Iron Fist, and star Finn Jones’s performance, he responded sharply: “We filmed the show way before Trump’s election, and I think it’s very interesting to see how that perception, now that Trump’s in power, how it makes it very difficult to root for someone coming from white privilege, when that archetype is public enemy number one.”

Was he right?
>>
I loved it. Finn Jones was comfy and fun to watch. The martial arts was cool. I came here hoping for memes and comfy kungfu show fun, but just negativity. Fucking always, /tv/. When are we going to have a show that we can just have fun with again?
>>
>>81000499
I don't think we'll ever see it with a Marvel show. Way too much anti-superhero shitposting on /tv/. I haven't seen a single positive reaction to these Marvel Netflix series on /tv/ even though the response to them elsewhere has been pretty damn good, especially Daredevil.
>>
>>81000567
Though, actually, I take it back. If anything can unite /tv/, it's gonna be The Punisher. If we don't have good threads for that show, this board is too far gone.
>>
>contrarian posts
like clockwork
>>
People were expecting better fight scenes than Daredevil because the show is fucking called Iron Fist but not only did they not get that they spent too much time on Danny's company which nobody gives a shit about
>>
>>81000871
Which ones are contrarian, now? I can never keep track of which side is considered the "right" side at any given moment.
>>
You know what's funny? Despite the critics' attempt to bury the show under cries of "white privilege" and "mansplaining", it's still a HUGE hit. Just goes to show that you can't stop Marvel.
>>
>>80998786
>>80998896
Interesting. What are your thoughts on the Raid films?
>>
>>81000871
>>81000499
Is it contrarian if it got a fucking 18 percent on Rotten Tomatoes? A site that literally sucks off everything Mavel makes?
>>
File: audience.jpg (11KB, 166x158px) Image search: [Google]
audience.jpg
11KB, 166x158px
>>81001424
That's not the important score.
>>
>>80998300
yankee go home
>>
>>80998300
It was OK all the way through. And I'm sure the only reason it got the hate was because of the white thing.

Nothing great, but nothing terrible and the quality remained all the way through unlike in Daredevil where it starts off strong and then turns to shit come 2nd arc.
>>
>>80998599
after daredevil-mma and stupid jones/cage-boxing, iron fist was a treat to watch.
>>
>>80998300
I really liked it a few things bothered me though
>Harold somehow being able to put up a fight with a stick
Danny should have blown him the fuck out
why did Joy agree to kill Danny when she just got mad at her father for framing him
>>
>>81001446
Flash and Agends ot Shield have higher audience scores lel
>>
>>81001482
Yeah and those are probably good too.
>>
>>81001424
Never pay attention to the critics reviews. Go by Audience Score. Critics tend to be liberal as fuck and sheep. This is why they shit on Iron Fist and why they always shit on DC movies. They follow the pack. Audience doesn't rate DC much higher but they don't shit all over it like critics do.
>>
>>81001506
>Go by Audience Score.

kek. so how much do you love transformers and capeshit?
>>
File: Lol Flash.webm (670KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lol Flash.webm
670KB, 640x360px
>>81001503
Flash... good... lol.

And Agents of Shit is only slightly less dumb.
>>
>>81001533
For the mindless popcorn flick that it is, Transformers is great. Did you go into it expecting Apocalypse Now or something? Or some deep story involving cars and other vehicles that transform into robots?
>>
>>81001480
It's implied that Harold has extensive martial arts training so I didn't find that too unrealistic. Remember the part where he kicked that guy's ass with a sword?
And Joy always struck me as a dumb bitch so whatever with that part, I guess. I hope she gets killed.
>>
>>81001540
I've heard a lot of people say that AoS is easily the best Marvel show.
>>
>>81001619
It's terrible. It wasn't even the best Marvel show on regular TV. Agent Carter was 10x better.
>>
>>81001644
I've never even heard of Agent Carter.
>>
>>81001644
That pos?
Also checked.
>>
>>81001680
Can't go wrong with a show that showed some loli Russian killers.
>>
>Power Rangers tier bad action
>Power Rangers tier bad perfomances
>Power Rangers tier shitty plot and villains
>More boring than Power Rangers
Bravo Netflix
>>
>>81001506
Agreed completely about critics being sheep. Though it's not just that they're sheep, it's that they're sheep who have deluded themselves into thinking themselves that the audience are the sheep who will follow their every word. They try to control what is and isn't a success by saying "This is bad, this is good" and they always fail at it.
>>
>>81001709
>hating Power Rangers
You FUCKING pleb.
>>
>>81001704
>loli Russian killers
You have my attention.
>>
File: 2095383127.gif (3MB, 280x308px) Image search: [Google]
2095383127.gif
3MB, 280x308px
>>80998300
the buisiness parts were boring
actor playing danny was bad
action scenes weren't interesting
>>
>>81001506
BvS has a 3.6/5 audiece rating and MoS a 3.9/5 audience rating, I can get behind these numbers
>>
>>81001759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Npx6gReF1Y
>>
File: 1376238385712.jpg (201KB, 1351x501px) Image search: [Google]
1376238385712.jpg
201KB, 1351x501px
>>80998896
why not recommend Drunken Master 1?
>>
>>81001790
They weren't horrible, they just weren't as good as they should have been.
>>
>>80998300
>>80998599
This was my main gripe.

Also Iron Fist was poorly cast.

4/10 for me
>>
>>81001704
I guess. Still didn't seem to add anything, at least the Netflix shows will get defenders, so people can forget no one cares for them.
>>
>>81001798
Not bad. Not bad at all.
>>
File: masterpiece.jpg (64KB, 756x319px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.jpg
64KB, 756x319px
>>81001790
The audience basically always knows what's really up.
>>
>>81001482
The Flash is better than Iron Fist though. Arrow too
>>
>>81001540
I don't see the problem with this webm. Flash is a character with magic super speed that he gets from something called the "Speed Force", yet you draw the line because someone has a gun that can freeze lasers.
>>
>>81002171
It's retarded.

The Alarm would have went off still. As the light was interupted.

Even if it didn't as he walked through and broke the beams, they would have started up again and the alarm would have went off.

There is a difference between suspension of disbelief and having to be a complete retard in order to be OK with that scene.
>>
Danny was poorly acted and uninteresting. Ward, Joy and Harold were all better and more entertaining to watch.
The asian side kick and Claire were also annoying beyond belief.
>>
>>81002236
I pulled up an article that seems to think it's entirely plausible.

>To be clear: it is not possible to turn a beam of concentrated light into solid matter. But, it IS possible to capture light inside a “frozen” substance, if cooled to its maximum density – not in the fantasy world of comic books, but our very own. It’s entirely possible, then, that Cold’s ray hitting the lasers was misunderstood: he wasn’t lowering the beam to absolute zero, but emitting a substance at absolute zero that could lock the light in place. Once locked, the frozen substance could be broken, trapping the light until the absolute-zero-cooled-substance warmed, the light emerged at regular speed, and the security system detected the break, and alarms sounded (as the episode showed).
http://screenrant.com/flash-tv-captain-cold-freeze-laser-science/
>>
>>81002005
jesus
the writing in arrow is horrible, quit only due to cringe

flash is a lot better, especially the action scenes, but all romance/friendzone bullshit is cringy af
still watching the flash but I wish i could skip some scenes
>>
>>81001340
This
>>
Danny needs more muscle. Jackie was never bulked out but he had serious definition.
>>
>>81002492
>cringe
You have failed this city.
>>
>>80998300
https://youtu.be/JkEEGidt9GY
>>
I liked IF alright. Its biggest flaw is the fight choreography, with the drunken fist fight being the most well made.

I could hear Wade drone on for hours.
>>
>>81002626
So I wasn't the only one who thought he had a really cool voice.
>>
>>80998300
https://youtu.be/M645871Re7k
>>
Haven't read the thread, my bad but I did read the first few posts.

One thing that never comes up in these threads is the law of diminishing returns, as in DareDevil gets a fat fucking budget for it's kino fight scenes, Jessica Jones get whatever for her whatever but less, Luke Cage gets a little less and spends it on a hip hop soundtrack mostly and there is fucking nothing left for the Iron Fist.

Can't wait for the The Defenders, should be a shit show everyone still watches due to the fact they are still invested, producers laughing to the bank.
>>
If you don't understand why Iron Fist is bad you probably have brain damage

Hint: it's not because he is white
>>
>>81002616
>>81002899
Both blocked in my country. Where do you live that they aren't?
>>
>>81002983
Pyongyang
>>
>>81003006
Lol.
>>
>>80998300
I finished the show yesterday, and it was one of the worst endings I've ever seen. If you think it was solid then you obviously don't know jackshit about cinema or TV shows in general. Even CW shows like Arrow and Flash are better, and they're fucking awful shows.
>>
>>81000151
What does Trump have to do with any of it? He's an atrocious actor and his portrayal of Danny was annoying and unlikable.
>>
>>81003301
Liberals are trying to use Iron Fist to push propaganda and he's taking it in stride to try and save his career, trying to take poor reviews of his performance and make it seem like it's tied to that and not his acting.

It's sad really, because I think he has potential, just not for the lead of a fucking hour-long series.
>>
>>81002975
>and there is fucking nothing left for the Iron Fist.
It wasn't just a budget problem, a good script doesn't require a lot of money.

>>81003348
>It's sad really, because I think he has potential
I didn't see any in this show. I didn't see any in GoT either. He's your typical handsome but cannot act guy #895.
>>
>>81003301
The reviewers aren't criticizing his acting, but his casting. Because he's a white guy and the show is about a rich white businessman. Like Trump.

Hell, you could argue that the Meachums are based on the Trump family. Harold is eerily similar to Donald.
>>
>>81003394
>He's your typical handsome but cannot act guy #895.
Name 894 other actors this describes.
>>
Look at all these sheep hating Iron Fist just because the critics told them to. The same critics who unironically used "mansplaining" as a criticism of the show.
>>
>>81003440
Don't really care about what """"""reviewers"""""" think, he really was just fucking awful.
>>
>>81003394
>I didn't see any in this show

It's a one hour long show without the meat for one, there's clearly almost nothing in it and it has to be filled in by the actors. Basically, jumping from Loras Tyrell, 10 minutes in a season if that, to having to perform a 40 minute monologue 13 times in a row is just stupid.

I personally thought he did a great Loras, but I think we can both agree you can't really tell that because it might just be that he IS Loras in real life, so there's no acting involved. Kinda like you can't tell RDJ is a good actor by portraying Tony Stark. He was just told to go and be himself.
>>
>>80998300
I heard the guy got his figh choreography handed to him like 30min. before they started shooting the scene which is really all I need to know.
>>
>>80998657
You're so retarded holy shit
>>
>>81003554
No you.
>>
>>80998832
>The actor that played Danny kinda sucked
Yes he's bad, the script is horrible too
>very strong supporting cast
you mean Ward? he the drunk fighter and the guy with the fork are the only 3 good characters in all the serie
The serie looks cheap for netflix, not a single scene in Kunlun? why?
>>
>>81003545
Source? Because that does sorta fit somehow.

To me it seems like the production of the show is really, horribly bad. Sometimes the special effects are just atrocious in a way you can't blame budget or anything.
>>
Not only are there fags defending Iron Fist, but they're defending CW trash too. HAHAHAHA. Hypocrites.
>>
>>81003581
>Hypocrites
How so?
>>
>>81003566
>The serie looks cheap for netflix

Netflix almost exclusively produces "real life drama about two quirky real characters finding XXX in everyday situations". Or whatever you wanna call it.

They tried their hand at big, fancy special effects stuff with Marco Polo (RIP) and got burned, hard. My guess is they're just trying too hard to avoid the mistakes of Marco Polo.
>>
>>81003566
Showing K'un-Lun wasn't really that important to the story.
>>
>>80998300
The funny thing is that I think more people are defending this because he's white.

His "character" is your everyday autistic weeb dipshit who keeps a katana and nunchakus in his backpack and complains about how no one takes alternative medicine seriously anymore.

He's the kind of douchebag cuck most people would hate on principle but because an attack on him is perceived of as an attack on all whites suddenly you have morons everywhere rallying for the show.

Even people who LIKED the series say Finn was horribly miscast.

Pic related, the guy who really should've gotten the role and actually knows martial arts.
>>
>>81003613
>Netflix almost exclusively produces "real life drama about two quirky real characters finding XXX in everyday situations".
Where does Vin Diesel find the time to appear in so many shows?
>>
>>81003712
I like Statham but he is WAY too old to be Danny Rand.
>>
>>81003567
>Source?
Don't give me too much shit for this, but I've heard it on the Tested podcast where they've discussed the show - I think the original source was a tweet by one of the main actors. They also said it felt kinda cheap, but that wouldn't have stopped me from watching.
>>
>>81003613
You say this but Frontier and Medici were way more recent than Marco Polo and they could not have been cheap to make.
>>
>>81003740
You mean like Ben Affleck is too old to play Batman?

Or RDJ who's actually 2 years older than Statham?
>>
Ok, let's talk about that atrocious fucking ending. Holy shit it was one of the worst ways I've seen to end a season.

>Ward's ending is the only satisfying one. Still, there was a fucking shootout on the building, Harold came back from the dead and then died falling down from the sky with bullets in him. Doesn't anyone ask any questions?
>We were repeatedly told to kill a resurrecting man like Harold, you need to decapitate him. Yet in the end we see his body get cremated, does that work too? If so why did they spend so much time with decapitation talks? It's breaking the Chekov's Gun rule.
>Where the fuck did Davos find Joy? How did he find her? Why is she talking to him? She doesn't even know who that guy is. Is Davos working for Gao now? Why? This scene was so out of place it's fucking ridiculous.
>Danny and hot azn chick go to Kun Lun but Hand (which faction again?) supposedly attacked it and it's... gone? How is a city gone? Was it teleported? Was it razed? Then Danny enters bitchboy mode and lights his fist up and looks at it.

The whole thing brings up so many questions and not in a good way. What a clusterfuck.
>>
>>81003831
Oh yeah totally bro.

*wink*
>>
>>81003620
But they have that kid, and Danny talking all the time about Kunlun and we see only 2 scenes in the monastery
>>
>>81003712
>His "character" is your everyday autistic weeb dipshit who keeps a katana and nunchakus in his backpack and complains about how no one takes alternative medicine seriously anymore.
This. It was embarrassing to watch him. I was laughing half the time and cringing the other half. And I don't think someone like Statham would fit the role, nor could even redeem it.
>>
How do you think the casting discussion went down at Netflix?
>okay guys, we're making a kung fu superhero tv show and we're not going to be able to use stunt doubles much because he doesn't wear a mask. should we get that loras from game of thrones or someone with an actual martial arts background?
>>
>>81003847
>Where the fuck did Davos find Joy?
Davos betray Kunlun and have been working all the time with the hand, the faction of Gao, isn't that hard, he also kill the monks
>>
>>81003809
well this just made me sad. Marco Polo was literally the best tv series ive ever seen and it gets canceled after 2 seasons ending on a cliff hanger while shit shows like GOT exists
>>
>>81003812
Those are both older heroes.
The Defenders are all a bunch of young punks.
>>
>>81004032
In your opinion.
>>
>>81003961
>Davos betray Kunlun and have been working all the time with the hand, the faction of Gao, isn't that hard, he also kill the monks
That doesn't fit his character at all. NOTHING he did until the ending pointed in that direction. It came out of nowhere. Why was he even trying to bring Danny back to Kun Lun then? Why was he angry at him for leaving? Or did he start working for Gao after their fight? Why? WHYYYYYYY? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE
>>
I liked it, way more than the stupid bullshit that was that majority of Daredevil season 2 that didn't have the punisher. I thought Harold was cool.
>>
>>81004080
Davos is gay for Danny.
>>
>>81004065
How is that even an opinion?
>>
>>81004020
There's always hope. Look at Twin Peaks and Samurai Jack, getting glorious new seasons after like a dozen years.
>>
>>81002408
That's not how stuff works. I can't imagine anyone sane having the energy to explain why, though. Go ask /sci/, it'll be funny.
>>
>>81003950
Why is he so hairy down there? Is that normal?
>>
>>80998300
>have an opportunity to change a story that was super racist
>have an opportunity to cast someone with actual marital arts experience
>hire a twink that is famous from another show

they couldve killed 2 birds with one stone by hiring Lewis Tan
>>
>>81004237
>Lewis Tan
While a competent martial artist, he was the one to start all this whitewashing shit by triggering his twitter gook followers. Poor faggot will probably be blacklisted.
>>
>>81004237
>Hire black for stereotypical white role
>Get Oscar
>Hire white for stereotypical Asian role
>Get called rasist

Fuck off with calling the show rasist
>>
>>81004237
How the fuck is Iron Fist a racist story? I'd love to know. They furiously jack off Colleen Wing throughout the whole thing and she's Asian.
>>
>>80998300
>Is it really just people being mad that a white guy is portrayed by a white guy?

Yes.

(((They))) should have waited till it actually aired to dump all the bad reviews.
>>
>>81004455
They got cocky. They thought people would blindly follow their word; they weren't expecting them to actually like it.
>>
>>81001533
>LELELE U LIKE TWANSFARMERS!!!!

oh god an actual pleb in the flesh. I knew the reddit invasion was bad but not this bad.
>>
Even if you subtract the oft-mentioned race issue it's still a derivative superhero story with shit like "Become what you were born to be"-type dialogue with no hint of fucking irony.
>>
>>81004480
Hating Transformers is "cool" now since Shia is in it and /pol/'s out to get him.
>>
>>81004545
People have been hating on Transformers since it came out you delusional mong. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>81004525
God forbid a faithful adaptation of a comic series from the 70s seems "derivative."

What the fuck did you expect?
>>
The best possible option for Iron Fist just passing by

>implying Asian Hal needs martial arts background
>>
>>80998839
recent good ones were the John Wick films. More like gun-fu than kung-fu though.
>>
>>81004568
>Marvel series gets good reviews
>"reee capeshit, fuck that show, quipshit"
>Marvel series gets bad reviews
>"It's from the 70s, give it a break!"

ffs
>>
>>81003301
>What does Trump have to do with any of it?
ah, so naive.
>>
File: 1452017016544.png (85KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452017016544.png
85KB, 200x200px
I like how politics have driven retards to defending or attacking a series that would be shitty regardless of if Trump was the president or not. All of you are fucking tools.
>>
>>81003503
>mansplaining
Has anyone that uses that word ever get talked down to by a righteous sjw? I find it so funny because only women "mansplain"
>>
>>81004622
I've been looking for some more cool gun-fu stuff after Equilibrium and I haven't seen those yet, so I appreciate that suggestion.
>>
Danny didn't feel like someone that spent 15 years on a monastery training. I get the whole naive thing and his frustration over the death of his parents, but it goes overboard in the last 3 episodes. Having Claire to be the quippy voice of reason every time was kinda shitty too.
I won't get started with the fighting bit, because some people don't care about it, but considering what the show is about, it needed at least a few more fights like the little tai chi demo from episode 1. They should also have put more efforts in Danny acting like the Iron Fist, even if it's just to have a cheap uniform like Daredevil had in the first season. All we ever see is Danny in a hoodie.
Lastly, I hated the whole thing about Rand Enterprises. All that fight to get in as a board member and them Danny doesn't even seem to care as much as he and the Meachums are kicked out. It makes no sense and ultimately just took alway precious screentime.
>>
>>81003831
It was white people who worked themselves up about /pol/-bait so much so that a dumb redneck invaded a pizza parlor to free imaginary child slaves.
>>
>>81000567
>haven't seen a single positive reaction to these Marvel Netflix series on /tv/
So, you just arrived this week?
/tv/ had and still has a lot of positive reaction to the first season of Daredevil.
>>
>>81002975
I did get the distinct impression that the series was being made on an unusually low budget, what with how they kept talking about K'un-Lun but hardly ever showed it. It's like they wanted to save the money by just having us imagine it. And the stuff they did show like that snowy pass looked extremely cheap.

I just find it weird that the show that would benefit the most from a high budget is the one that has the lowest. Everything about the premise asks for a higher budget than they had.
>>
>>80998300
Bad action, that's all.
>>
>>81004849
That's because it wasn't cool to hate superheroes on /tv/ yet. Their contrarian attitude hadn't kicked in. You'll get a lot of people now who insist even the first season sucked.
>>
>>80998657
> People kept insisting the fight choreography was bad and it actually wasn't, for the most part.

go back wherever you came from.
>>
>>81004952
And bad script most of the time
>>
>>81004965
You really are fucking new aren't you
>>
File: WMAFxxxx.jpg (938KB, 1802x1334px) Image search: [Google]
WMAFxxxx.jpg
938KB, 1802x1334px
>>81004384
>I'd love to know.

Just takes a really tropey premise of white people going to Asia and doing things better than the actual Asians. Also doesn't help that he comes back and continues to beat up Asian men while we've had very few leads with Asian males so I mean imagine if you were a white guy and there were almost no white men on TV, except for nonwhite men to beat up while taking their women. I know you're tempted to say that's how it is now but it's not, the majority of protags are still overwhelmingly white males.

Just to be clear so you don't jump down my throat on this, this is what I've heard SOME of my Asian friends tell me. Not in an accusing way, just how it makes them feel as people who try so hard to assimilate into American culture but somehow still never really get represented anywhere near as well as whites (or even as well as blacks). On the one hand I sympathize but on the other I happen to think since it's an American show and Asians are still only like 5% of the population they might as well just sit tight while Hollywood appeals to white guys because deep down we're all kind of racist and relate best to people who look like us anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_lkp9xiwBMU1qjxjvjo1_250.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkp9xiwBMU1qjxjvjo1_250.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>81004981
>Y-you're new!
>>
God, the asian chick was so hot though. That's one good thing to come out of this trainwreck.
>>
I love how it wasnt corny and insufferable like all the other unwatchable sjw marvel trash on jewflix

genuienly enjoyed it and theres nothing any of you can do to stop me
>>
>>81005113
I have a question.

There was a scene early on where Ward came to try and bribe her and the whole time she was talking to him she had her hands under her arms. What was that stance supposed to convey? I have literally never seen someone do that.
>>
>>81004559
"REEEE I BET YOU LIKE TRANSFORMERS LOLOLOL" has always been a generic insult from plebby kiddos that dont have much going on up there.
>>
>>81005145
>I love how it wasnt corny and insufferable like all the other unwatchable sjw marvel trash on jewflix

It was all those things. The zen Buddhist shit was especially grating.
>>
>>81005145
I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it's weird that you describe it that way because something I liked about it is how Danny had all these anime battles where the villains monologued at him.
>>
>>81005168
Wait, /tv/ actually likes Transformers? I can get a good discussion about the series going here if I want?

What's the official best to least-best ranking of the films?
>>
>>81005145
This post makes me think you didn't watch it.
>>
>>81004965
Just so you know Daredevil kicked in after the Avengers movie. /tv/ was already fullblown in hatred for capeshit.
>>
>>81005203
No, he's just being a contrarian.
>>
>>81005224
/tv/ loves Whedon, why would they hate the Avengers movie?
>>
File: cutelin.jpg (87KB, 1755x882px) Image search: [Google]
cutelin.jpg
87KB, 1755x882px
>Hi Danny!
>>
>>81005045
Oh, it's the butthurt chink again.
Just make yourself a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>81005243
If you were here for more than a week you'd know.
>>
>>81005253
Not an argument.
>>
>>81005243
>/tv/ loves Whedon
hahaha
>>
>>81005253
You should already have the word "trope" and all its variations filtered.
>>
File: Super.png (187KB, 1155x501px) Image search: [Google]
Super.png
187KB, 1155x501px
>>81001482
>>
File: thetophat.jpg (16KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
thetophat.jpg
16KB, 320x256px
>>81005277
>If you were here for more than a week you'd know.
>>
File: 1443473231836.jpg (26KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
1443473231836.jpg
26KB, 479x358px
>>81005247
I would focus my Chi in her ass so deep, the next person to uncover it would be named the Iron Fist.
>>
>>81005309
>critics love it
>audience hates it
*strokes chin thoughtfully*
>>
File: Arrow.png (195KB, 1155x501px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow.png
195KB, 1155x501px
>>81001482
And
>>
>>80998300

Honestly thought it was better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Daredevil is still the better one, even if it had a weak second season.
While Danny Rand could use some work as a character, the characters surrounding him were pretty great, especially Ward.
Critics just had the usual SJW agenda again and Iron Fist definitely didn't deserve that treatment considering they merely stayed true to the comics. It should have the same score, if not higher, than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
>>
>>81005297
>variations

You need to go back.
>>
>>81001482

Agents of Shield is legitimately good now. I highly recommend it. Don't know about Flash.
>>
>>81005380
Ward is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>81005429
Dropped after season 1, never more, just h8 Daisy Johnson
>>
>>81005423
>You need to go back.
>>
File: 1380208387843.jpg (90KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1380208387843.jpg
90KB, 480x480px
>>81005466
>>
>>81005380
>Honestly thought it was better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Daredevil is still the better one

You're only saying that because you relate more to white male characters, so of course Daredevil and Danny are your top picks.
>>
File: DFLr6.jpg (158KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DFLr6.jpg
158KB, 1280x960px
>>81005508
>>
File: 1380449423521.png (194KB, 347x342px) Image search: [Google]
1380449423521.png
194KB, 347x342px
>>81005554
>>
>>81003567
http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/16/marvel-iron-fists-finn-jones-on-white-saviour-controversy-and-teaming-up-with-luke-cage-in-the-defenders-6513597/

>I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight.
>>
>>81005609
I actually assumed he just had a stunt double and that's why they always cut it in a way that didn't show his face. Now I'm impressed.
>>
File: enhanced-mid-20874-1450317059-9.jpg (46KB, 674x521px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-mid-20874-1450317059-9.jpg
46KB, 674x521px
>>81005574
>>
>>81005633
That's a pretty low bar you've set for yourself.
>>
File: 1488706750146.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488706750146.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>81005675
>>
>>81005702
And you have a small dick.
>>
>>81005744
no u
>>
>>81005538
Getting real tired of seeing this every time I say I like a white male actor.
>>
>>81004208
>Go ask /sci/, it'll be funny.
You know what? I will. If you see this post, keep an eye out for the thread.
>>
>>81005774
Then maybe don't make it so obvious. If a Mexican tells me Speedy Gonzalez is his favorite Looney Toon, am I not supposed to connect the dots?
>>
>>81005939
You could try not making massive assumptions about people based on one comment. Some actors I like happen to be white, but I also loved Denzel Washington in Training Day.
>>
>>81006056
That was his worst role, now you're being racist and obnoxious.
>>
>>81006095
He won an Oscar for that role, you extreme pleb.

What's his best role then, since you're apparently an expert on blacks?
>>
>>81005380
>Honestly thought it was better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones
No it wasn't. Despite all their shotcomings at least those shows had a clear arc (admittedly less so in LC), a bearable protagonist (yes, even JJ is more bearable than anime autist), a supporting cast that is more than just filler, and less than 780 villains crammed up to stretch the runtime. None of the 3 come even close to Daredevil though.
>>
>>81006219
>He won an Oscar for that role

Yeah and Scorsese won for The Departed instead of Goodfellas.

Also Denzel's best film was Hurricane you donut.
>>
>>81006278
The Departed is a solid 9/10, insert a rake up your ass.
>>
>>81006278
Well The Departed and Goodfellas are BOTH GOOD MOVIES. FUCK. WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS ARGUMENT.
>>
File: Runner_2.jpg (147KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
Runner_2.jpg
147KB, 600x544px
>>81006325
>>81006334
>remake of a chink flick
>better than The Greatest Italian-American Gangster Tale Since The Fucking Godfather

NECCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>81006505
I didn't say better, I said that they're both very good.

I will also admit that The Hurricane was a good choice.
>>
>>81006505
Calm down autismo.
>>
http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/finn-jones-quits-twitter-iron-fist-debate-over-race.html

That feel when Finn Jones did an admirable job defending himself on Twitter then realized that people weren't going to shut the fuck up regardless of how well-articulated his points were so he completely deleted his account.

I'd quit Twitter too if I had to talk to those idiots.
>>
>>81005045
>Cliches are racist!

I don't even know how this meme started. Either way, the whole premise is fucking stupid. He was taught by Asian kung fu masters, the Iron Fist had plenty of predecessors.

If you need a movie to fit into American culture you are fucking retarded because there's only one way to fit in and that's having money.
>>
>>81006723
Of course it needs to fit into American culture, that's why it's focusing on the one white American Iron Fist of the bunch instead of any of those "plenty of predecessors" that Americans wouldn't give a flying shit about.
>>
>>81006668
>That feel when Leslie Jones did an admirable job defending herself on Twitter then realized that people weren't going to shut the fuck up regardless of how well-articulated her points were so she completely deleted her account.

>I'd quit Twitter too if I had to talk to those idiots.

Fucking KEK.
>>
>>81006835
>le women are weak meme
I'd kick your ass, you fucking manlet.
>>
>>81001709
The sad thing is having watched a bunch of power rangers last week because of that marathon I can confirm that they often had better fighting scenes than Iron Fist and I was one of the people that liked the show
>>
>>81007048
Don't credit Power Rangers for that. The Power Rangers fight scenes were always just ripped straight from whatever the equivalent sentai series was in Japan, starting with Zyuranger.

Japan is good at fight choreography.
>>
Anyone who thinks Finn Jones is a bad actor want to explain HOW he's a bad actor? Never seen a single person back this up.
>>
>>81007194
He has a set of 3-4 faces for every emotion he portrays, never any versatility, never any variety, and those faces he makes absurdly lack subtlety. He's either "I'M ANGRY" or "i'm sad :(" or "I'm confused :O". Any person you pick from the street can give you the same quality of performance, a bar should be much higher for a person who does this for a living and passion.
>>
>>81007725
So in your opinion the only thing that matters in an actor is the faces they make.
>>
>>81008370
you can't be this dense m8

the guy can't really fucking act well enough to carry the show as the main character, that dude can see it, I can see it, everyone can see it.

That simple level of emoting can be done by weaker side characters, but the main character has to draw you in.

The interrogation scene from inglorious basterds or the interview/meeting with hannibal in silence of the lambs have so many subtle nuances and if this guy could get even a tenth of that acting ability iron fist would be 10/10 must watch
>>
>>81001540
Jesus fuck, the lasers are high enough that you can crawl under them. Even if they weren't, the space in between each laser and section is enough to avoid them easily.
What a piece of shit.
>>
>>80998786
Cool my dad's a gay porn star and he called you a faggot
>>
>>81008370
It's one aspect of acting, it's the only aspect of acting this particular actor seems to be interested in, since there is absolutely no attempt at using body language, and I wouldn't expect him to in a shitty kung fu show either. But instead of being a contrarian faggot, why don't you tell us what you think is good acting and why you think Finn Jones or whatever his name is a good actor, particularly in this show?
>>
ward literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>81005366
kek
>>
It was a solid 5/10. Finn's acting was fine for how little he had to work with. The fight scenes were terrible, but that wasn't a huge detractor if you enjoyed the concept. Claire was the weakest part of the season because she didn't fit well as a comic relief character.

I wouldn't recommend it but I enjoyed watching it
>>
>>81008592
>The interrogation scene from inglorious basterds or the interview/meeting with hannibal in silence of the lambs have so many subtle nuances and if this guy could get even a tenth of that acting ability iron fist would be 10/10 must watch
With exactly the same script? I'm curious how much that would really change things.
>>
File: fist.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fist.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>alt right SJWs watching this garbage show as some kind of lame political statement
haha enjoy guys
>>
>>81009316
The alt-right would hate this show because it still has pretty fucking diverse casting. That very webm has an Asian woman and a whatever Rosario Dawson is.
>>
Why is there not a single post in this thread talking about how Madame Gao is one of the best characters?
>>
every time the show seems okay, it drops back to the "oh god being obscenely rich is so hard it feels so bad to have been responsible for people's deaths and misery but we can't take responsibility for it or we'll stop being obscenely rich!"
>>
File: bakuto-sacha-dhawan-iron-fist.png (183KB, 904x503px) Image search: [Google]
bakuto-sacha-dhawan-iron-fist.png
183KB, 904x503px
>>81009404
Goes without saying, I guess.

Also,

>2017
>trusting the overly smug guy who is clearly hiding something
>>
>>81009404
I agree, despite the fact that anything related to Hand turns out to be dogshit, she has consistently been very interesting and enjoyable to watch. It has to do with both keeping her mysterious and the actress doing her job really well. I would love to see her as the main antagonist in they still want the Hand to be the main villain group, and keep Fisk for Daredevil/Punisher only.
>>
>>81009872
in the Defenders if*
>>
>>80998657
when you need 50 cuts for a 30 second scene, you've fucked up.

What makes it worse is that you can clearly see they switch actor for the harder moves. The stunt actors face pops up all the fucking time.

It has no flow. It's an extremely superficial and lackluster attempt at portraying martial arts.
>>
>>81009850
Sacha Baron Cohen did a great job.
>>
>>81009311
hmm, I guess you have a point there bucko, the script isn't exactly the bees knees

Still, I think this guy could pull this from a solid 5 to maybe a 7/10

As it stands its just an okay binge time sink, but he could maybe make it rewatchable
>>
>>81001540
>it's meant to be comfy
>>
>>81010126
Who is "this guy"?
>>
>>81010196
the main charcater, finn jones. Ward is already pretty likeable desu
>>
File: girls water.jpg (79KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
girls water.jpg
79KB, 600x706px
>a white male is the best martial artist in the world

How do cismales come up with this shit?
>>
>>81009850
I think I know why they ended up casting Finn Jones.
Because they also cast this guy.

They're basically mirror images of each other. One with light hair. One with dark hair. It's a very yin yang sort of thing.
>>
>>81008859
>why don't you tell us what you think is good acting
Gary Oldman.
>>
>>81003809
>You say this but Frontier and Medici were way more recent than Marco Polo and they could not have been cheap to make

Yes they are. Have you seen them? Neither combined cost as much as Polo. Also Netflix produced MP on it's own. Those other showers were produced by different companies and not just Netflix.

Frontier is cheap as shit.
>>
>>81010318
>Gary Oldman.
I agree, he's one of the best. And this leads you to defend Finn Jones because?
>>
>>81010497
I see a bit of myself in Gary Oldman.
>>
>>81010397
>Frontier is cheap as shit.
Then why is it only 6 episodes?
>>
File: 1453181192398.jpg (24KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
1453181192398.jpg
24KB, 317x432px
>>81010553
>>
>>81004237

Lewis Tan was NEVER considered for Danny. This is an entirely brand-driven rumor put out by Lewis himself and pushed by SJW anti-white tumblrinas on twitter. He is an atrocious actor (not that Finn Jones is anything special) and I can guarantee you not one higher up at Marvel even knows who he is.

Source: I work at Marvel
>>
>>81010963
If Lewis Tan had lied about it, don't you think Marvel would have called him out on it? That seems like something that would be worse for his brand in the long run.
>>
I keep seeing people seriously throwing around the word "problematic" about Iron Fist. It's frustrating.
>>
>>81000151
People root for Batman, and he's a super privileged white guy. The only ones bitching about this aspect of the show are the hard left faggots with no respect for source material who want every character to be a PoC LGBTQ+++++++.

The rest of us are bitching because for a show about a mystical Kung-Fu master, it's really fucking mediocre.
>>
File: if-china.webm (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
if-china.webm
2MB, 426x240px
>>80998300
Overall, I enjoyed it.

>Things I loved

1) The actor who played Joy Meachum.
2) The trainwreck that is Ward.
3) Every scene with Harold Meachum - Please tell me he isn't dead.
4) Madame Gao - Is she masking her powerlevel? She has given the "Budda-Palm" to IF and DD. But she managed to get herself caught, twice. Was it all an elaborate ruse? She is the most interesting character to me in the Marvel-Neflix universe.
5) The "Drunken Style" scene.
6) Ward's voice
7) The voice of Danny's Master, who sadly never returned after the "challenge".

>What I didn't like

Many of the fight scenes felt weak to me.

I don't read online reviews. I really don't care what critics think. But it is fun to see what /tv/ says. I liked it. Hope it gets another season.
>>
>>81005445
My nigga
>>
>>81009404
Love the character, hate how every Asian antagonist is being forced into the Hand.
>>
>>81011822
>Hope it gets another season.
Well, the next season is going to be The Defenders. So I think what happens to Iron Fist hinges on what that show accomplishes.
>>
>>80998300
much like Netflix's other asian themed show, Marco Polo, you don't watch this for the white main character.
>>
>>81008797
kek
>>
>>81012091
Didn't they already confirm a JJ and Luke Cage s2? Would be pretty fucked up if Iron Fist was the only show that didn't get a second season, all because of some fake outrage of critics.
>>
>>81010237
fiction emulates reality I guess.
>>
>>81012236
Well, yeah, but what I mean is The Defenders is the next step plot-wise so the question is what they are going to accomplish for Iron Fist's plot in that series. Currently they've left it wide open for more but I don't know if they're going to address the plot points in Defenders or save it for another season.

Anyway, the fact is that Iron Fist actually outperformed both Daredevil and JJ in terms of viewership, so I'd be surprised if it didn't get an S2. And the thing with Marvel these days is they basically expect every single one of their properties to perform well enough to justify more so they're probably already planning an S2 regardless of how it did.

I think, as someone mentioned, the problem with Iron Fist is that they ran out of budget and it resulted in underwhelming fight scenes. I suspect a second season would have a higher budget and they'd do a lot better on the fight scenes. Better to save the money for when shit is getting real and it's even more important for the action to be good, anyway.
>>
>>80998300
Did you guys actually like Luke Cage or is this some sort of meme?
>>
File: 1455968430988.png (213KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
1455968430988.png
213KB, 500x482px
>>81012519
>I disagree with this post. Better call it a meme to discredit it.
>>
>>81012567
I didn't disagree with OP.
>>
>>81012622
Then explain what you meant instead of spouting off the word "meme" like a generic insult.
>>
File: iron fists.jpg (125KB, 634x891px) Image search: [Google]
iron fists.jpg
125KB, 634x891px
>>80998300
I liked his casting, can't really understand why. I think it was fitting for what the character was meant to be, though I have to admit I have never heard of the character before.

p-plus h-he's got HNNNG feet. sorry needed to say that ;_;
>>
>>81012490
>the fact is that Iron Fist actually outperformed both Daredevil and JJ in terms of viewership
How do you know the number of view?
>>
>>81012641
Why? Can't you just reread my post and see "Luke Cage" and not "Iron Fist"?
>>
>>81012779
I see Luke Cage and I don't understand how it's relevant to the thread.
>>
>>81012776
http://screenrant.com/iron-fist-marvel-netflix-ratings-viewership/
>>
>>81012820
>I see Luke Cage
Then why did you think I was disagreeing with OP's post?
>>
>>81012875
>Did you guys actually like Luke Cage [too] or is this some sort of meme?
Since you replied to the OP specifically, your post read as if it was a criticism of all Marvel shows.
>>
>>81012851
>the streaming service does not release such information.
>Parrot calculates these ratings by looking at a variety of data
>data that includes actual streaming numbers
How do they get streaming numbers if Netflix doesn't release streaming data? Are they putting devices on people's tv's and desktops like Nielsen? That isn't really counting mobile devices.

They might be legit. But it sounds like BS to me. I'm sure there is a lot of data they can infer from social media. I'm skeptical about their claims of viewership.

But someone is giving companies like that money so someone sees value in their analysis.
>>
>>81013240
(((someone))), you say?
>>
>>80998300
GUYS check out into the badlands if you like or hate this show
>>
>>81011822
Ward's gradual face turn was so good. Couldn't stand him at the beginning, by the end he was the only guy I was rooting for.
>>
>>81013369
I spotted this trending on Netflix and wondered why, since I hadn't heard of it before. Now I understand. Although I'm still surprised I haven't heard of it.

Only problem is it seems to have Daniel Wu and that guy did a fucking shitty job as Gul'dan.
>>
>>81013540
It was a weird feeling. I also hated him at first but then he started getting characterized better and I simultaneously noticed what a cool voice he has. I'm really glad his part of the story got a pretty happy ending.
>>
>>81011742
Then tell me why every article and review I see about Iron Fist has some piece of shit complaining about the "white savior trope." Dumb that this is even a fucking trope, I've seen plenty of films where the black guy saves whitey and nobody complains about the "black savior trope."
>>
>>81014019
Marvelcucks are cucks. Just accept it and stop taking critics seriously.
>>
>>81014019
>Then tell me why every article and review I see
Why do you read that tripe? It sounds like you are trying to find logic where there is none.
>>
>>81014192
If anything, the ones complaining should be DCucks
>>
File: 1488512098595.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488512098595.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>81011822
Pretty sure Gao is just a retarded Saturday Morning cartoon villain because the IF writers are ass.
>>
>>81002408
>absolute zero
Theres your problem
>>
>>80998300
I find it very hard to believe someone would just randomly pick up the Marvel Netflix franchises on Iron Fist of all places. I just don't believe you.
>>
>>81015732
Not that guy, But that's exactly what I did.
Then I watched Daredevil, and now im watching Luke Cage as we speak.
>>
>>81003440
Most reviews are critisizing his acting, which makes me believe you haven't actually even read any.
>>
>>81015768
Just skipping right over Jessica Jones? Sexist.
>>
>>80998300
its a kung fu series with shitty fung fu scenes
>>
>>81015788
Pull up a review that you think backs up your claim and I'll point out how you're wrong.
>>
>>80998300
I finished it too
Overall ok, some flaws but I think it was an entertaining show, imo better than LC but worse than DD1 and DD2, probably in the same level as JJ. I think the plottwist in ep10 really hindered the show, but still aceptable. Hope this will revive martial arts in shows and Hollywood.

Also Jessica Henwick is cute as fuck.
>>
>>81015732
It's not at all implausible. Due to the kung fu premise it's easily the most interesting of the bunch, at least on the surface, and there's the added appeal of him being a superhero that doesn't wear a costume. I cannot get my mother into most superhero stuff because she finds the costumes childish (outside of exceptions like Thor and Doctor Strange), but she enjoys Iron Fist.
>>
>>81015812
I am a girl. Doesn't mean I want to watch a female superhero.
>>
>>81015945
Oh okay, that makes a lot more sense then.
>>
>>81010237
1. False. Danny Rand is like the 5th best known martial artist in Marvel Universe, Shang Chi is the best one.
2. It's been ages since an Asian won a gold medal in the Olympics, Whites and Blacks have been winning for a long time because, sorry if it hurts you, we have better body
3. If you even watch the show you'll realize Danny isn't the best, he barely wins every fight he's in and mostly because the OP bullshit the Iron One Punch Fist is not because he's better

I rate your post 6/10, you made me reply seriously
>>
>>81003950
It's tricky though, for Danny you need a handsome as fuck in a non intimidating way possible fella that physically doens't impose much, he's basically the Dex char that everybody laughs at and then fucking beats you up, similar to Spider-man. Every western martial artist out there turns up to be a buffed Stronk Mcbeefy, I wish we had the perfect cast, but we don't.

Also, why SJW hate him but adore Gal Gadot who suffers from the exact same problem (isn't fit for the role)?
>>
>>81015945
>Doesn't mean I want to watch a female superhero.

Jessica Jones is the least "heroic" character out of them all. She's literally just a really bad detective.
>>
>>81016290
>for Danny you need a handsome as fuck in a non intimidating way possible fella that physically doens't impose much
Wait, doesn't that mean they cast him perfectly then? That is exactly what Finn Jones is.
>>
>>81016290
Also I'd argue that appearance-wise Gadot is a good fit, her problem is she can't act all that well and has a really indecipherable accent on top of that.
>>
>>81016356
>Jessica Jones is the least "heroic" character out of them all
She's worse than Danny?
Holy shit.
>>
>>81016359
The problem is that he can't fight, like at all, even when he does katas the people around him do them better
>>
>>81016424
Nah, Jessica Biel would be awesome, she has the body
>>
>Rosario Dawson of all people manages to pronounce the word "ninja" perfectly
>Davos, the guy who's supposed to be Asian, completely botches it seconds later

Anyone else find this funny?
>>
One thing I can say for Iron Fist, I am now going to play this "Homefront" game entirely because I apparently get to hear Ward's voice in it.
>>
>>80998300
I didn't see much hate. Mostly people being unimpressed and thinking it was mediocre.
>>
>I'm going to force myself to like a series because liberals don't like it

What do you gain from this?
>>
>>81017640
>I'm going to make everything political no reason even though nobody mentioned politics.

What do YOU gain from this?
>>
>>81017683
>politics alluded to in the second sentence of the op
>no one mentions them

Are you serious, kid? What are YOU gaining from trying your hardest to be willfully ignorant?
>>
>>81017767
>kid
Well, now I know you're just shitposting.
>>
>>81015732
IF apparently being the worst contributed to me watching it first so that I could judge it on its own merits instead of comparing it to the others. So regardless of whether or not I liked it I could look forward to the other three being better.
>>
>>80998300

I dropped it after 2 episodes without having read anything about it. My mind free from any influence I could clearly see for myself that it was utter fucking garbage
>>
>>81017525
He does have a nice voice.
>>
>>81018088
I can respect that. At least you made the decision for yourself. I wish more people were able to do this without having to rely on the opinions of others.
>>
>>81017683
the show does spend a lot of time trying to make rich white people problems of their own making seem anything other than completely disgusting though.

It starts off with a sterotypical trust-funded backpacking hipster being upset that he isn't just being given his billions back. Then the entire factory cancer line boils down to "oh god its horrible being responsible for people's deaths but if we take responsibility we won't be billionaires anymore! We'll just be millionaires!!"
>>
>>81018166
Huh? Did you miss the part where Danny was insistent on doing the right thing with the factory despite it being a horrible business decision? And in the first place, money was the furthest thing from his mind. He just wanted to see his friends again. It was only after Ward gave him a hard time that he decided "Fuck you, I'm going to take my money back from you just because you're a dick."
>>
>>81018088
I kept watching, hoping it would get better, but it never did. What a disappointment.
>>
One thing's been bugging me that I've seen people discuss in the threads and nobody's come up with a good answer to so far.

About Harold, why did they make a big deal about having to cut off his head and then never actually do it? Yeah, I'm used to comic book deaths being ambiguous so that there's room for the villain to come back, but in this case it just seems like willful stupidity since they KNOW they have to kill him a specific way. When Ward was staring at the fire I half expected to suddenly see Harold's hand banging against the glass or something. If he really is permanently dead despite this then the only explanation I can think of is that the people in charge didn't want to actually show a beheading for whatever reason. Possibly because of ISIS?
>>
>>81018400
You shouldn't force yourself to watch something you hate. That's just a recipe for suffering.
>>
>>81018540
I think they wanted it to be ambiguous, but if they did, it was handled so ineptly I'm not even sure. If not, it's just breaking the Chekov's Gun rule.
>>
>>81016481
Pretty much this. He alleged that he had very little time to rehearse each fight, but the Kata's were done several times and they were largely identical. I think he did a decent job with the poor writing for his character (personality shifting between scenes and tard-raging when someone says 'Hand'), but he wasn't cut out to play the Iron Fist.
>>
>>81018916
I'd like to believe that he'll do a better job in the next season. But I guess we won't know until we see it.
>>
>>81001482
>talking shit about Agents of Shield after the Ghost Rider arc

AOS is GOAT right now.
>>
>>80998832
>Funny enough, Ward is probably the most interesting and 3 dimensional character out of all the Marvel Netflix shows, including the other main characters.

Fucking hated Ward at first, but when he starts going full junkie and hallucinating bleeding elevators and shit after (re)killing his dad was when he became one of the best characters. Should have started the show that way to be honest, especially given how Joy implies he's been on drugs since their dad "died". Would've explained a lot of his early shitheadedness.
>>
I wish they'd stop with the whole "this is so wacky I just refuse to believe it!" bullshit. We've already seen more ridiculous things than some faggot who can make his hand glow.
>>
File: equilibrium bale.png (510KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium bale.png
510KB, 1280x544px
>>81001977
>that critic consensus

Equilibrium is the fucking tits. No idea why it got such bad reviews.
>>
Wasn't a fan of Night Nurse in the other shows, fucking hated her in Iron Fist. She's become so fucking preachy and horribly written.
>>
>>81003847
> Yet in the end we see his body get cremated, does that work too? If so why did they spend so much time with decapitation talks? It's breaking the Chekov's Gun rule.
We know that he doesn't come back alive right after being killed. They could easily remove the head when he's dead. Also, this implies that his immortality is just a way to kick-start his body back alive. If you completely incinerate the head, and everything else, he isn't coming back alive
>>
>>81003950
Lol what the fuck, he looks more muscular in this than he did on the fucking show
>>
>>81001477
>was a treat to watch
You don't have to settle for mediocrity anon. The fighting style isn't the issue, it's the terrible choreography and edits to cover for the lack of training. Marvel could've shelled out the big bucks to get decent fight scenes like AMC but they got lazy and decided to ride on the shoulders of their previous shows.
>>
>>80998300

are you the principal director, one of the writers, or a netflix publicist

because that would explain a lot
>>
>>81000499
>comfy tv show
If the action was decent I would have enjoyed it despite the flaws in writing and acting

But the show was a chore to get through if you expect more than half assed 2000s CW-esque fight scenes.
>>
>>81018916

Honestly? I'm not saying he's the greatest actor but a lot of is writer's material. It's not like the actor decided now would be the time to rage. This is a director/writer problem.
>>
>>81001480
How do you gloss over the fact that Danny knocked Harold down, and instead of taking the gun from him or holding him down, darts away like a rat running from the light. It's legitimately the dumbest part in any of the Marvel Netflix shows.
>>
>>81003566
>the series looks cheap for netflix
Seriously the China episode looked like the filmed it at the docks in Brookyln
>>
>>81013546
Daniel Wu is actually a pretty good actor, the Warcraft movie was...something else.
>>
>>81020651
Critics are retarded and thought it was just a ripoff of The Matrix.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.