[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only kino anime in existence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

File: 0_MonsterAnimeMainVisual.jpg (268KB, 656x900px) Image search: [Google]
0_MonsterAnimeMainVisual.jpg
268KB, 656x900px
Is this the only kino anime in existence?
>>
File: 1380607441546.jpg (379KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1380607441546.jpg
379KB, 800x1129px
Madoka Magica is the pinnacle of kino not only in anime, but in fiction.

This is fact.
>>
>>>/wsr/
dumb /a/ reject
>>
File: 1484963209038.jpg (2MB, 3341x3255px) Image search: [Google]
1484963209038.jpg
2MB, 3341x3255px
Reminder the rise of /v/edditors coming over to /tv/ as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on /tv/

99% of the anime threads here are made by /v/edditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on /a/ because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about /a/ having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

/a/ has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you /v/eddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat /tv/ as a place to ask for recommendations when >>>/wsr/ was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since /tv/ mods are garbage it won't be.
>>
>>80997286

Fuck you. Monster is the shittiest animu ever made. 76 episodes of literally nothing happening. Pretentious trash for pretentious fags such as yourself. I'd rather drop lava in eyes than watching that piece of shit ever again. Fuck you.
>>
>>80997286

that's not legend of galactic heroes
>>
>>80997314
>dude cute girls lmao
kys faggot
>>
>>80997772
agree with this. it's so fucking slow holy shit
>>
>>80997772

this -- the most interesting parts of the series were the singular episodes about random characters that were in some way related to the main cast

the only kino part was the arc about the recovering alcoholic detective
>>
>>80997286
I gave up on Monster. Shit was going no where. You should give Ghost Stories a go.
>>
>>80997835
you ever watch that show faggot? Its almost eva tier and its a deconstruction of magical girl shit and moe shit in general

stop being a retard
>>
File: Ghost_Stories.jpg (128KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Stories.jpg
128KB, 600x846px
>>80997982
>>
I just couldn't stick with this shit. Made it to about episode 35 then gave up.
>>
>>80997375
whats bottom right?
>>
Pluto is Urasawa's most kino work.
>>
>>80997375
Shouldn't Deathnote be on that?
>>
>>80998032
My country actually got a good dub, it was pretty good.
>>
>>80998338
Yes, the english dub is even better than the original japanese.
That's pretty rare.
>>
File: kinos-journey-50eb36f60f049.png (400KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
kinos-journey-50eb36f60f049.png
400KB, 1000x562px
>>80997286
this is the only Kino I know
>>
>>80997286
to anyone who's seen it entirely: does the drama ever ramp up? i'm 20-ish episodes in and the main plot feels like it's just stagnating. a lot of the episodes so far only just barely move the plot forward.
>>
>>80997286
Is this anikino?
>>
>>80997286
Overrated shit
>>
is it anything like Dead note?
>>
>>80997321
>>80997375
Lmao this faggot shits up every single Anime thread on /tv/ but never complains about countless /pol/bait threads
>>
>>80998338
>>80998372
WHITE PANTIES
>>
>>80997772
Every time someone complains that nothing happens in an anime, something does actually happen in it.

>>80998019
It's not a "deconstruction," let alone a "deconstruction" of something that doesn't even exist (moeshit).
>>
>>80997314
lol
>>
>>80997375
Fuck off back to /a/ with the rest of the autists and the shitty moe, faggot
>>
>>80998765
>>80999407

dangerously /v/
>>
>>80997286
It's really good. Thinking about rewatching it. It's better than all the new gay anime that's out.
>>
>>80997286
It started out well, great premise and all, but my god, does it turn to shit later on. Dissapointment is all I have for this series.
It was way too long and had way too many coincidences, people knowing each other and constantly meeting in different places.
>>
>>80999477
stick to 13 episode anime kid, you were too,pleb for this one lol
>>
File: best works updated.jpg (2MB, 4532x2628px) Image search: [Google]
best works updated.jpg
2MB, 4532x2628px
>>80997286
not even in the top 5 mate
>>
>>80999835
This is bait
>>
>>80999835
thats a pretty mediocre chart.
>>
I barely remember anything about monster except that it read like some cheap crime novel, which considering the quality of your average manga makes weebs praise it to high heaven
>>
>>80999835
lmao xd
>>
>>81000000
>>
>>80999973
Weeb doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
>>80997788
Say what you will about LoGH story (personally I found it painfully unimaginative Mary Sue crap with severe pacing issues) but cinematographically it's utter shit and you know it.
>>
>>81000066
okay, weeb
>>
>>81000167
Again, weeb does not mean what you think it does.
>>
>>80999835

IF I SEE THAT FUCKING PHONE ANIME ONE MORE TIME
>>
>>80997286
tatami galaxy
>>
>>81000204
i don't particularly care.
>>
>>80998185
Tatami Galaxy. It's great.
>>
>>81000255
Then you're a retard.
>>
>>81000294
okay, weeb
>>
>>80997286
Get yourself some Shinsekai Yori.
>>
File: angel's egg screenshot.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
angel's egg screenshot.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Texhnolyze
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments: Lain
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Revolutionary Girl Utena
The Big O
The Tatami Galaxy
Ping Pong
FLCL
Mononoke
Paranoia Agent
Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>81000320
I'm not a weeb. I have not indicated in any conceivable way that I am one. You have no idea what the word means. You are retarded.
>>
>be watching some of these so called kino anime
>all just convoluted nonsensical trash which for some reason anime fags take as being 'deep'
>the main character just pulls some random wild card out of his ass the last second and acts like they used 'deduction' (why is anime so obsessed with "muh deduction"?) or sudden Power level creep.
>supposedly only gets good after you watch the first 70 episodes which somehow is supposed to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>81000372
enlighten me then you dumb semantic autist
>>
>>81000380
Ghost Stories English Dubb. its on youtube. trust me.
>>
>>81000380
>the main character just pulls some random wild card out of his ass the last second and acts like they used 'deduction' (why is anime so obsessed with "muh deduction"?)
But it's ok when Sherlock Holmes does it, since that's Western.

>supposedly only gets good after you watch the first 70 episodes which somehow is supposed to make it worthwhile.
So when you say you've been watching kino anime you mean you've been watching Dragon Ball and Naruto and similar shows.

>>81000457
Weeb = weeaboo = wapanese = wannabe Japanese. And how is it that I am dumb because YOU use a word incorrectly and even admit you don't care what words mean?

By the way autist doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
>>80997286
But aside from Seinen and Shonen, every other anime seems to be moetrash and CGDGC anime. Where can I find some real kino series?
>>
>>81000501
I don't care that I use a stupid meme term "incorrectly" and unless you can source your proper usage from the Oxford dictionary, then just as I said, you're a weeb and a dumb semantic autist.
>>
>>81000581
>moetrash and CGDGC
These don't exist. They are memes.

Seinen and shounen are not genres, they are target demographics for manga magazines.
>>
>>81000658
I'm not a weeb. I have not indicated in any conceivable way that I am one. You have no idea what the word means. You are retarded. And how is it that I am dumb because YOU use a word incorrectly and even admit you don't care what words mean?

By the way autist doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
>>81000667
>These don't exist. They are memes.
They do though. There are tons of anime which just consist of moeblobs being silly and random.

>Seinen and shounen are not genres, they are target demographics for manga magazines.
They are both. They are genres generally targeted towards young males. I say again, what series can I find of truly good anime? I'm sick of all the seinen I've been watching, I want maybe a good psychological thriller or character based drama.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-23-04h07m41s940.jpg (270KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-23-04h07m41s940.jpg
270KB, 1920x1090px
Pure Kino.
>>
>>81000781
Moeblobs don't exist either. You are trying to justify the existence of something that doesn't exist by referring to something that doesn't exist either. Incredible.

>They are both.
No. They are not genres.
>>
File: it goes illya.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it goes illya.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
animekino appears every now and then

you just gotta look for it (preferably outside top10animeofalltim lists on facebook)
>>
>>81000862
If moeblobs are not a thing then what is K-On? If Seinen and Shonen are not genres then why are they listed as genres in every anime source?

"Shonen-a genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots." Shonen and Seinen have unique tropes that make them genres. Most people in the anime community would disagree with you about them not being genres. What constitutes a genre of anime to you then? And what genres would you recommend?
>>
imagine the pleb taste of everyone actually watching anime. They are probably the ones shitting up the board with memes because they can't discuss anything aimed at adults
>>
>>81001082
Better than discussing capeshit and fanboying over the equally shitty Marvel and DC
>>
>>81001040
>If moeblobs are not a thing then what is K-On?
How does the existence of K-On prove the existence of moeblobs?

>If Seinen and Shonen are not genres then why are they listed as genres in every anime source?
If someone lists them as genres then it means they don't know what they're talking about. They are not genres. They are demographics.

>Shonen and Seinen have unique tropes that make them genres.
How are K-On, Drifters, Initial D, Uzumaki and Thermae Romae in the same genre?

>>81001082
Most anime is made for adult/late teens viewers. The fact that you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't aimed at adults.
>>
>>81001082
Imagine the pleb taste of those who reject an entire medium based on a superficial understanding of it.
>>
File: Befudled african america.jpg (14KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
Befudled african america.jpg
14KB, 431x431px
>Asking /tv/ about anime
>Asking the board that constantly shitposts, has the most contrarian tastes, calls random marvel garbage 'kino', makes off-topic threads, creates terrible cancerous memes about anime
Kill yourself
>>
>>80999835
where is samurai jack
shit list
>>
>>80997286
No, it's much too slow. Apparently it's mostly a panel-by-panel adaptation of the manga, which is doing it wrong.
>>
>>81001178
The only boards that have neutral stance on subject X can give an opinion on it.

Asking an echo chamber what they think about their interests only leads to certain kind of answers.
>>
>>81001128
>How does the existence of K-On prove the existence of moeblobs?
Because the characters look like blobs and are designed to be cute. "Moe" is basically slang for cute girls.
>If someone lists them as genres then it means they don't know what they're talking about. They are not genres. They are demographics.
So I suppose you are the authority on this matter then? Official anime sites like Crunchyrole and official anime studios that both view shonen as a genre just must not know what they are talking about. I repeat- what the fuck is a genre to you then?
>How are K-On, Drifters, Initial D, Uzumaki and Thermae Romae in the same genre?
Are they? I don't know, I haven't seen them all. I didn't think K-On was a shonen or seinen- did I ever say it was? But you do realize a show can have multiple genres right?

Dragon Ball, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist- they are all of the Shonen genre not just because they have a young male demographic, but because they all contain the elements of action, getting stronger and having young male protagonists.
>>
File: I ve avenged you brother.jpg (3MB, 579x8192px) Image search: [Google]
I ve avenged you brother.jpg
3MB, 579x8192px
I see you talking about anime kino, but what about manga kino ?
>>
File: LOGH_Bergengrün.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LOGH_Bergengrün.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>80997286
It's up there as far as anime goes, but as it usually turns out in these threads it's not for most people. Monster is certainly the kind of show that would basically never again be made today, just like LoGH. Yeah, I know latter is getting a reboot/remake/whatever but it's probably not going to be anything like the OVA series.
>>
>>81001178
go back to japan pleb idiot. Anime is trash. Capeshit and anime have the same audience/fans
>>
>>81001331
>Because the characters look like blobs and are designed to be cute.
They don't look like blobs, and even if they did people will call anything a moeblob.

>"Moe" is basically slang for cute girls.
Moe is a feeling you have towards characters.

>So I suppose you are the authority on this matter then?
I am simply stating a fact.

>Are they?
Yes. And so is this, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNjHxhljAck

>But you do realize a show can have multiple genres right?
Tell me more about how K-On and Drifters are the same thing.

>Dragon Ball, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist- they are all of the Shonen genre not just because they have a young male demographic, but because they all contain the elements of action, getting stronger and having young male protagonists.
What about Nisekoi, Slam Dunk, Kyoukai no Rinne, Cutie Honey, Cross Game, Mirai Nikki, Lucky Star etc.? And what about series that have appeared in seinen and shounen magazines, or series that have switched from shounen to seinen?
>>
>>81001629
>Anime is trash.
Then so is everything.
>>
>>81001650
Also:
>Capeshit and anime have the same audience/fans
How do Batman and Yuru Yuri have the same audience? They seem quite different to me.
>>
>>81001144
Join us in the 3x3 threads, I'm sure you're not insecure about the garbage you watch and everyone will commend your taste :^)
>>
>>81001632
>Are they
>Yes
Wait, so all of those anime you listed are in the same genre? I thought you were asking me how that was the case? Enlighten me then, what genre are K-On, Drifters, Initial D, Uzumaki and Thermae Romae all a part of?

>Tell me more about how K-On and Drifters are the same thing.
Literally when did I say that? You are putting words in my mouth, I haven't even watched Drifters. You just said they shared a genre but they are not the same- which I AGREE with btw, I'm not saying that anime that happen to share one genre are even similar.

Shows do tend to have a primary genre though, and when this is the case they do share certain tropes.

>What about Nisekoi, Slam Dunk, Kyoukai no Rinne, Cutie Honey, Cross Game, Mirai Nikki, Lucky Star etc.?
Mate, I haven't seen any of those, I don't know what point you are trying to make by listing them as I don't even know what they are.

Please just stop listing anime and tell me what YOU define as genre and why YOU think shonen is not a genre. Listing anime I haven't seen is not helpful in the least.
>>
>>81001855
>Wait, so all of those anime you listed are in the same genre
No. Their manga were all published in seinen magazines.

>Enlighten me then, what genre are K-On, Drifters, Initial D, Uzumaki and Thermae Romae all a part of?
They aren't the same genre. That's the whole point. Seinen is not a genre.

>Literally when did I say that?
You said seinen is a genre. They are both seinen manga.

>Mate, I haven't seen any of those, I don't know what point you are trying to make by listing them as I don't even know what they are.
You said shounen is a genre. Do these seem like they're in the same genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DM0jNpCmJ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-D6RwES6Ls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03x0bU2w9HI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ZTe8YgvTA

>why YOU think shonen is not a genre
Because it isn't. It's a target demographic for manga magazines. A shounen manga can be any genre.
>>
>>81002072
>How are K-On, Drifters, Initial D, Uzumaki and Thermae Romae in the same genre?
>Are they?
>Yes
>Wait, so all of those anime you listed are in the same genre?
>No

Do you see why that little exchange was confusing? Look, I'm not saying that all these anime you are listing are similar, or even shonen. Just because a shonen magazine publishes them does not mean they are shonen of genre.

This vid kind of explains what I define a shonen to be. This is actually quite contentious in the anime community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Qs2W4LvrU

Words can change and have multiple definitions. Shonen has come to be seen as a genre by many anime fans as a genre these days- OR at least a subgenre. To me, even shonen without fighting can exist, as long as they contain the tropes of a young protag bettering himself through training and experience.

We are just gonna have to disagree on this.
>>
>>81002264
When I replied to "are they" I meant to say they are all seinen manga.

>Look, I'm not saying that all these anime you are listing are similar, or even shonen.
They are all shounen (or seinen, whichever you meant). They ran in shounen magazines.

>Just because a shonen magazine publishes them does not mean they are shonen of genre.
The fact that they are published by a shounen magazine is what makes them shounen.

>This is actually quite contentious in the anime community.
Among people who don't know what shounen is. It's a target demographic for manga magazines. That's all it is.

>We are just gonna have to disagree on this.
This isn't a matter of opinion. Shounen is not a genre.
>>
I loved Monster
Eva Heinemann is the most realistic woman in anime
I thought Tenma would end up with that black-market asian doctor lady that they introduced, but oh well
>>
I hope the HBO version (if it ever happens) is streamlined a bit, and it can have more focus on Lunge
The only time I got annoyed was when Tenma gets the chance to shoot Johan in the burning library and he doesn't because Anna/Nina is there and she also wants to shoot him. Like just both shoot him fuck sake
>>
>>81002424
This and the ending annoyed the fuck out of me. Everything gets solved out of Tenma's action. I get the message and all but it's annoying when the MC who spent 20 volumes trying to kill that asshole gets to see him rekt by his own doing. Unsatisfying
>>
>>81002342
So do seinen magazines exist too? What if an anime is marketed towards young boys but isn't published in a shonen magazine? Can it still be considered shonen or seinen?

Anyway, the meaning of genre is "a style or category of art, music, or literature."

"Anime targeted towards a young male audience" seems like a category of art to me. Regardless of if it is marketed in some magazine, surely something can still be shonen? If it is targeted at young males, it is shonen, no?
>>
>>81002609
If you don't even know that seinen magazines exist I can only wonder why you are even trying to have this argument.

>What if an anime is marketed towards young boys but isn't published in a shonen magazine? Can it still be considered shonen or seinen?
Seinen is adult men and late teens, and shounen extends from childhood to late teens. An original anime aimed aimed at young boys could be called shounen, but it would not be seinen. That's assuming it actually is aimed at young boys and you aren't just interpreting it that way.

>Anyway, the meaning of genre is "a style or category of art, music, or literature."
Unless you're using some special definition, genre means story genre in this case. Comedy is a genre, shounen is not.
>>
>>81002772
>An original anime aimed aimed at young boys could be called shounen, but it would not be seinen. That's assuming it actually is aimed at young boys and you aren't just interpreting it that way.

Ok, so you do admit that a shonen even if not in a shonen mag can still be shonen if the target audience is young boys. I concede though that any anime in a shonen mag is intended for boys and therefore is shonen even if it does not have typical shonen tropes. I think this even shows that the meaning of the word has evolved slightly from "an anime/ manga published in a shonen magazine for young boys" to "an anime/ manga intended to appeal/ marketed for young boys

But in a colloquial terms at least, shonen could be considered a subgenre due to the tropes included in many of them that make them appealing to young boys, even if it isn't "officially" considered a genre.
>>
>>81002869
Shounen means boy. A shounen magazine is aimed at boys. Something that runs in a shounen magazine is by definition shounen. This is all shounen means.

Some magazines are both shounen and seinen. A manga can move from shounen to seinen. A shounen manga can be any genre.

I have no idea why people insist on trying to make this more complicated than it is.
>>
>>81002952
>Something that runs in a shounen magazine is by definition shounen.
I already conceded that point, I agree. But surely even if an anime is not in a shonen mag, if it is targeted towards and appeals to boys, it can still be a shonen, right? If it is in a shonen mag I agree it is shonen as the target is boys, but not all shonen anime will necessarily get promoted in magazines, but they may still be intended for boys.
>>
>>81003029
>if it is targeted towards and appeals to boys, it can still be a shonen, right?
It's technically the same thing, but it wouldn't be called that. Shounen/seinen/shoujo/josei are only used for manga.
>>
Hunter x Hunter is kino and I'm not even joking. It's fucking great.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.