[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dave-chappelle-netflix.jpg (86KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
dave-chappelle-netflix.jpg
86KB, 670x377px
what went wrong?
>>
>>80991600
>Hey dave, you should come back
>nah
>here's some money
>okay
>>
>>80991600
But both specials were great for totally different reasons
>>
>>80991600
Nothing, he literally dug these first two specials out of the shit/bin for quick cash. If you've watched his standup live/bootleg since he started popping up post-Chappelle's Show these two specials are more of the same. More curious to see what his new special later this year will have.

However, I'm convinced his show was only as good as it was because he was working with people like Charlie Murphy and Neil Brennan
>>
>>80991600
I thought it was really great. I just watched the Age of Spin. He brilliantly explained the malaise of modern America without getting too political or polarizing about it. That's a pretty difficult and treacherous thing to do.

And it was hilarious. Even better than his old material.

It was a little more cynical, a little more honest, a little less over the top; but still the same unmistakable Dave Chappelle flavor and delivery.

It's very good. But if you're expecting a stupid Rick James sketch, you went to the wrong place.
>>
He got buff and is treading the same ground.
>>
Anyone saying anything bad about his new specials are objectively devoid of any relevant opinion and are just fanny flustered because he made fun of gay people and trannies.
>>
I could totally empathize with the rant on caring. Being brought up with feelings and such. But such a way of life just comes off as naive nowadays. Cynicism has gained some firm roots.
>>
>>80991600
Nothing. He made 60 million for two funny standup specials
>>
HE RAPES
>>
>>80991600
Everything went right.
>>
>>80991829
This is the most correct post itt so far.
Dave wasn't the only writer and creative input in the show.

His standup was also probably partly written by his white writing partner.
They parted ways now and you can tell that daves standup isn't as good as it used to be.

Though it could possibly be because dave has changed as a person and possibly "sobered up", because islam and stuff.
>>
>>80991829
>However, I'm convinced his show was only as good as it was because he was working with people like Charlie Murphy and Neil Brennan

I wonder how much Brennan contributed...
>>
>>80992196
it's because it's easier to be cynical then it is to be happy and a lot of people are lazy.
>>
>>80991600

Success is the worst thing that can happen to a comedian, as much as that sucks it's been proven again and again.
>>
>>80992293

>but he saves

UGH, COME ON DAVE IT'S 2017 ALREADY
>>
>>80992502

Probably quite a bit. I saw him at the Improv a couple of years back and he's pretty funny - especially if you like disaffected white dudes like Mitch Hedberg or Steven Wright.
>>
Not much, it was pretty solid. It might have been better if the 2 hour specials were condensed into on 1:30 special.
>>
>>80991600
I thought this was great then listened to Jerrod carmichaels HBO special. That was simply amazing.
>>
>>80991600
He seems lacking in self awareness. He told so many anecdotes about himself being famous that weren't at all interesting or funny.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.