[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching Civil War movie >Look Away, Dixieland starts playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 24

File: rebelpepe.png (41KB, 233x248px) Image search: [Google]
rebelpepe.png
41KB, 233x248px
>watching Civil War movie
>Look Away, Dixieland starts playing
>>
File: Confederates BTFO.jpg (65KB, 470x813px) Image search: [Google]
Confederates BTFO.jpg
65KB, 470x813px
>>80988335
>Watching Civil War movie
>Sympathetic view of reb hicks
>>
>>80988500

>murdering civilians
>natural and necessary
>>
Any movie with heaps of dead cumskins is all right with me
>>
>>80988500

God bless this beautiful man

>>80988591

Talk shit, get hit
>>
>>80988500
Based Tecumseh
>>
File: IMG_0914.png (657KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.png
657KB, 600x473px
>>80988591
>>
>>80988605
This desu.
>>
File: robert_e_feel.gif (16KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
robert_e_feel.gif
16KB, 645x773px
>>80988335

best version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IJ05QntXQ
>>
File: pepe sunset feel.jpg (26KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
pepe sunset feel.jpg
26KB, 500x326px
>watch civil war movie
>bad guys win
>be sad
>go south and see the rural proletariat proudly displaying symbols of the confederacy in defiance of YOG
>realize that we will rise again and finally end carpetbagger tyranny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI
>>
File: Northern posts.jpg (219KB, 980x748px) Image search: [Google]
Northern posts.jpg
219KB, 980x748px
>>80988591
>Murdering civilians
>implying that happened to any real degree
>implying Sherman didn't heavily punish soldiers of his who stepped out of line
The eternal Dixie propaganda strikes again, truth is he just dismantled a bunch of infrastructure and freed nigs who he had tag along with his army. His army was remarkably well disciplined if you read any primary sources about the march to the sea.
>>
>>80988663

literal nigger tier behaviour
>>
>>80988335
I don't get it
>>
>>80988836
Except it didn't happen like your Southern movies describe it. Southerners are just too dramatic to actually tell what happened.
>>
>>80988500

BASED SHERMAN
>>
File: 1st_TN_Color_Bearer.jpg (115KB, 413x598px) Image search: [Google]
1st_TN_Color_Bearer.jpg
115KB, 413x598px
>>80988737

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HeZtFH1Trg

Soon.
>>
File: 1466812389193.jpg (93KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1466812389193.jpg
93KB, 960x949px
lee should've formed an gorilla resistance to fuck the yankee for 500 years why did he let us down
>>
>>80988663
Nice argument
>>
>>80989007
He liked watching slaves impregnate his wife.
>>
>>80989007
I wish he would've, then we would've had an excuse to genocide you inbred fucks. also that's basically what the KKK tried to do at first but most people had enough sense to realize when they've been beat and then even the KKK realized it so they started picking on niggers because it was easy and the Southerner doesn't like to do hard things. They might chip a nail.
>>
>>80989028

>still being this mad

Next time don't try and break up the union and you won't get your ass beat.
>>
Hey guys, I really don't think that this is the way we should discuss the most monumental event in our nation's histories. Please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCjfYP_5ASM
>>
>>80989007
Robert E Lee was ashkenazi jewish
>>
File: 1467678618140-tv.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1467678618140-tv.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>>80988500
DO IT AGAIN SHERMAN
>>
>>80988500

What a badass. He makes Patton look like a pussy.
>>
>>80988591
Absolute war, absolute peace.

>>80988500
>being unmoved by human suffering
I don't know about you, man.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (26KB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
26KB, 480x327px
>>80988335
>watching Civil War movie
>Spider-Man is the one to drop a "Holy shit!"
>>
>have slaves
>go to war to keep slaves
>lose war
>slaves freed
>overrun with niggers for the next 150 years
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>80988737

The good guys won the civil war, ard tard
>>
>>80989408

Maybe, I dunno, not own people in the first place?
>>
>>80989408
African slavery was a mistake
>>
>>80989496

tumblr's guide to historical context
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o
How will Johnny Reb ever recover?
>>
>>80988500
>After a revoltingly brutal day of fighting, the chronically nervous Sherman found himself concerned that his lines could not withhold a second day of Confederate attack. He resolved that he would advise General Grant to withdraw that night. However, when he found his friend at midnight sheltered from the rain by a large tree, smoking a cigar, the calmness of Grant's demeanor soothed him. Sherman simply approached and said, "Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"
>To which his friend replied, "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow, though," with a smile

Sherman-Grant broship movie when?
>>
>>80989602

?
>>
>>80989716

What battle?
>>
>>80989631

>North has no good Civil War songs
>has to steal a southern one and add salty lyrics

typical Yanks
>>
File: saddon.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
saddon.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>watch a Civil War documentary
>"Sarah, do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again" starts playing

FUCK YOU KEN BURNS
>>
>>80989789
Shiloh
>>
File: The Iron Duke.jpg (140KB, 494x765px) Image search: [Google]
The Iron Duke.jpg
140KB, 494x765px
>>80988807
>His army was remarkably well disciplined

to be fair that doesn't mean much

Wellington's army was an exeedingly well drilled and disiplined all-volunteer army of professional career soldiers but it still didn't stop looting and outright sackings like Badajoz in 1812

the fact that penalty for theft was death by firing squad made little difference
>>
File: Pledge of Complete Whore.jpg (306KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pledge of Complete Whore.jpg
306KB, 582x600px
>>80989631
based
>>
>>80989716
>Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other.

I would so go for a Western Theater movie with Fort Donaldson and Henry, Shiloh, Vicksburg, and Chattanooga, centered around Grant and Sherman, in the same style as Gods and Generals.
>>
>>80989832

both sides have good songs imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DJR6yUulro
>>
>>80988500
Sherman is perhaps one of the most strikingly interesting figures in American History. He was actually Superintendent of a Military Academy in Louisiana (a school which would eventually become LSU) right before the war broke out. He was an Ohioan, but he preferred to live in the South and liked Southerners. He opposed abolition, but his loyalty was always to our Union. Perhaps most revealing is this letter he wrote to a Secessionist friend of his in the waning moments antebellum:

>You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.
>>
File: 21476632.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
21476632.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>80988500
>outnumber the enemy 4 to 1
>possess 3x the industrial capability of the enemy
>proceed to get ass kicked for the first 2 years of the war before finally sperging out and resorting to slav-tier human wave tactics to bludgeon the enemy into submission over the next 2 years

>150 years later the culture of the Confederacy is still unbowed
>the same people who would have supported the Federal government then now retweet #Calexit and agitate for a second civil war
>tfw this time you have the guns, the military, and the government on your side
>>
>The North was basically Great Britain 2.0 and were treating the south like how Britain treated the colonies during the revolutionary war
>The South get fed up and and leave
>they;re the bad guys
>>
>Start really looking into the historical facts of the Civil War after I moved to a place where one of the biggest battles happened
>Find out the South were literal fucking subhumans that did sneaky kike shit like a bunch of jungle slopes and left the bodies of soldiers rotting in the streets and just stepped over them instead of burying them like any civilized people would not only out of respect for the dead but for health reasons

The South were literally the fucking Viet Cong: Fat pussy edition. Look up Andersonville sometime if you want to have another reason the South should be fucking nuked and want to vomit. Cowardly scumbags.
>>
>>80990620

>I've never studied the civil war and only read southern propaganda
>>
>>80990620
The South were inbred scummy niggers and still are. The fact this is even still argued about just shows what a bunch of salt mining bitches you warm weather faggots are.
>>
>>80990635
Didn't the 13 colonies do that during the revolutionary ear? Hit and Run tactics as well as excessive mistreatment is nothing new
>>
>>80990757
It literally was taxation without representation 2.0. There were entire southern states where Lincoln didn't get a single vote.
>>
File: 1467779584956.jpg (55KB, 796x582px) Image search: [Google]
1467779584956.jpg
55KB, 796x582px
>hicks literally seething
>>
>>80991043
They still had representatives in the government you ignorant hick. Also, that's not true.
>>
>>80991043
Is that really an accomplishment when the only people who got to vote were the rich fatcats who obviously didn't like his ideas because it'd fuck with their gravytrain?
>>
File: 1426646230169.png (231KB, 4499x4317px) Image search: [Google]
1426646230169.png
231KB, 4499x4317px
>perfidious albion was selling arms to both sides the whole time

wew lad

Although if the Trent Affair hadn't been straightened out then the South would have won.
>>
>>80991511
So fucking what. They felt they weren't being properly represented under the current system so they decided to leave it. Literally no different than the Revolution. They were following precedent.
>>80991668
>that strawman
>>
>>80991511
I believe it was that Lincoln won despite him not being on the ballot in some states (though with the electoral college this wouldn't matter as long as they were states he had no chance of winning anyway)
>>
>southerners begin polite and earnest discussion of american civil war causes and effects
> autistic yankee basement dwellers fart out memes and insults as per usual
>>
>>80991978
The quality of discourse on the Civil War has been degraded so much in recent years. I think it's because Shelby Foote died.
>>
>>80991978
This thread has been filled with no genuine discourse on either side except from some tidbits about Sherman and grant and possibly
>>80990620
and even that's stretching it
>>
>>80991978
>>80992093
>>80992271
Here's something I wrote a little while back, that I could post if you guys want some real discussion on it.

I have always held that the cultures of the North and South can be drawn back to their respective founders. The puritans founded a theocracy in Massachusetts. Eventually, the theocracy gave way to the Enlightenment, but the culture still maintains the ghosts of the Pilgrims. Northerners are hard workers who hate everyone else and have a superiority complex that is only eclipsed by a secret overwhelming feeling of self-hate. In the old days, the elitism (and the self-hate) were based on religious zealotry, now it is based on high education and wealth. Northerners are introverted individualists who, perhaps ironically, believe in the strength of the authority, the church elders have ceded power to the democratic state, but the feelings are the same.

The South, on the other hand, traces its roots to Jamestown, whose settlers were a cosmopolitan group of broke Scots, youngest sons of English gentry who had no inheritance, and normal fellows with a sense of adventure. However, their ultimate goal was wealth, they thought they could strike it rich on non-existent Virginian gold. In this, they neglected to even bring farming equipment, and starved for a long time, I think this is the spirit of the South. We're adventure seekers, who hate the idea of a boring life. We can be hard-working, but we prefer a day down by the creek, flirting with girls under the shade of a tree. We never let ourselves be disheartened by the forces of pessimism or reality. We enjoy the simple things in life, drink and be merry, because we never fear that we might fail because we stopped to smell the flowers. We know deep in our hearts that everything will go our way in the end. We are a communal people, who love nothing more than to spend a couple hours after church talking to all our friends. Yet, we refuse to accept authority in any manner.
>>
>>80992347
I have always held that the Southerner is a romantic at heart. We all believe too much, whether in our ideals, in our God, in our team, in our country. We all live for the old days. The early settlers almost immediately set up a new landed gentry in Virginia, with the planters as the new lords. They loved the traditions of old England and tried to copy it wholesale in Virginia. The South was fairly loyal to England in the Revolution, and even the Patriot heroes from Virginia were old school themselves. George Washington was devastated when he learned the British army would never take him.

This, I think, is why the South never really gave up on the war. First, there is no more powerful romantic image than a lost cause, but it is even stronger than that. I can say this as an outside observer, a Southern boy born to Yankee parents in Tennessee who always chose the Union when we used to lay war back when we were kids, but I don't think the war was about slavery. Now, at the top, yes, the Southern elite were afraid of the collapse of their cash cow, and that is why they pushed secession, but that's not the whole story. A broke farmer from Alabama did not march a thousand miles to die in Pennsylvania so that the rich guy down the street could own black people. He did it because it made a good story. They could not stand the idea of Northerners telling them they could not form their own nation. More then that they saw the chance to do something great in their lives, to be like the heroes of old, marching in an army of their neighbors to fight for their community's right to govern itself.
>>
>>80992384
They knew the North had more manpower, more industrial strength, better infrastructure, but they did not fear, and why should they? After all, they knew a Southerner was worth five Yankees, and more than that, they knew in their hearts that their cause was just, and so God would not allow them to lose. And, in the end, this is why the war has never left our conscience. Not only is there the great Romance of the Lost Cause, but there is that betrayal. That we lost, and not only that we lost, but we lost to them, our fellow Americans but polar opposites to the North. That God abandoned us and allowed the Yankees to run rampant on the South, killing her people and ruining her land. Then, they made our worst fears come true when they directly ruled us for decades after. It stung, and it would sting anyone, but it stung us particularly, because we were so proud.

We saw ourselves as Britain Valiant, but after the war we were forced to see we weren't. Our great romance was violently destroyed. The Yankee forced us to see ourselves the same way they saw us: weak, lazy, and stupid. Our cause was not only unjust, but morally heinous, our forces were not as strong as we thought, our brilliant generals erred just too much, and there was no divine intervention. God did not come to save us. There was no great coincidence to save the South, like there was in the Revolution. All the dice rolls went to the North, such as the orders found in the cigar box, that allowed the Union to win Antietam. We were not some advanced society like Rome, we were very much Carthage. Our lands were salted, our farms destroyed, and our governors foreign. The Yankees would never let us forget either, they turned us into a backwater that we have never completely recovered from.
>>
>>80992437
This is why the New South was so ugly. The prideful South was forced off its pillar, but the people were the same. That almost smug sense of pride turned violent and hateful. We hated the Yankee for what they did to us, we hated the blacks for seemingly being the reason for our downfall, and we hated the world for allowing us to lose. We were worse than the North, it was proven. Not only were we poor and stupid, but we couldn't even beat them in a fight. It was the ultimate humiliation.

However, I think the humiliation finally subsided in the past fifty years from an unlikely coalition of FDR, Richard Nixon, and SEC football, but that's a story for another day, and the memory of the Civil War will always be there somewhere deep in the Southern psyche. Anyway, sorry for the autistic essay, but this has always been a story that fascinated me.
>>
>>80992478
Pretty interesting. Nice to see some actual thought instead of Reddit-tier insults and dismissal.
>>
>>80992347

very accurate description of northerners
>>
>>80992347
>Deep cultural and economic divide dating back to the 13 colonies
>>80992384
>Though only the wealthy were slaveowners, many southerners were willing to fight the north because of they saw themselves as protecting their dixie culture as well as carrying on the independent spirit of the revolutionary war
>>80992478
Carpet baggers and Lincoln unfinished reconstruction efforts gave northerners a (rightfully earned) reputation as vultures who swooped down to take advantage of the destruction of the south, causing deep wounds which took over a century to heal (and remains to this day)

Literally was taught in my Illinois AP History course 16 years ago in the textbook itself. Who is pushing the idea that the civil war was just about slavery and the south was pure evil rednecks?
>>
>>80992347
Whoever wrote this was not a southerner and made far too much an effort to try and come across as one. Sounds like an excruciatingly patronizing blog post by a northern liberal arts student who read Faulkner once.
>>
>>80993003
I was born in Knoxville, though my mother is from New York and my father is from Chicago, (as noted in my writing) and have lived in the South my entire life. The longest I have been away from the former Confederate States of America was three months I once spent abroad. I understand that I am something of an artificial Southerner, and again I noted that earlier, but everything written there is part of my own experience of living in the South and my own education of the history of the United States.

And for the record I have read most of Faulkner, but much prefer O'Connor.
>>
>>80990506
>confederacy is still unbowed
remind me again where the CSA is cause i'm seeing it on the map
>>
>>80993485

knoxville is a nice town
>>
OBLIGATORY READING FOR ANY CIVIL WAR THREAD

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html

GET EDUCATED
>>
File: IMG_2473.png (53KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2473.png
53KB, 1790x1640px
>screee your way around because a guy you don't like runs for election
>he says you can keep your slaves because he knows you'll eventually have to modernise
>sperg out because you lose an election
>declare war and send thousands of your young men to die so some rich plantation owners can keep their slaves in an economy on the brink of being destroyed by indian and egyptian cotton
>get your entire country dismantled and demolished to the point where you still lag behind the rest of the nation 150+ years later
>find pride in a nation that lasted for 4 years and got btfo in the only war it fought
Southerners are fuckin delusional to ever think they could win or that they had the moral high ground (muh northern aggression), and before you say it, im not a northerner, i'm a potato
>muh south will rise again
yeah you'll rise again with the help of walkers and mobility scooters you fat fucks
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>80994553
>yeah you'll rise again with the help of walkers and mobility scooters you fat fucks

kek'd
>>
Why are some Americans so proud to be descended from hillbilly slavers?
>>
>>80988500
Wft I love him now.
>>
>>80994553

>1/10 shitpost that we've read 1000 times

c'mon broheim
>>
File: 4f076a613b9d33fcad575eb732dc0fdf.jpg (131KB, 1024x1540px) Image search: [Google]
4f076a613b9d33fcad575eb732dc0fdf.jpg
131KB, 1024x1540px
>Watch Civil War movie
>Remember that I'll never have a Virginian accent
>>
>>80994983
the destruction of regional accents in the worst crime of tv.

Now we all talk like mid westerners. My grandfather's accent has character.
>>
>>80994553
is this a shitpost or do you have no knowledge of history
>>
>>80994983
Now dont go ninjain fellers that dont need ninjain. No sayz i. Not even theya judi choppin anda kung fu kickin.
>>
>>80995037

>tfw grew up on the west coast
>tfw literally no accent whatsoever

;__;
>>
>>80990506
>the culture of the Confederacy
>>>/x/
>>
File: photoshoot.jpg (544KB, 1100x1075px) Image search: [Google]
photoshoot.jpg
544KB, 1100x1075px
>>80988591

>Run a slave empire of aristocrats and their hillbilly servants

>Talk mad shit

>Get hit

>w-w-w-w-why did you h-hurt us??
>>
>>80990506
>unbowed
The massive poverty, teen pregnancy, and drug addiction rates probably fall under the definition of 'bowed.'
>>
>>80990506
>muh culture
kekerooni
>>
>>80995037
But I like my Midwestern accent
>>
>>80990620
The British Empire should have backed the south up just to give the yanks their just desserts
Fucking traitors
>>
>>80992347
>>80992384
>>80992437
this isn't the first time someone has pointed this out; The South was Right! pointed out how the south's settlers came from celtic stock unlike the north, Thomas Sowell wrote about it in black rednecks and white liberals.
>>
File: 0107312123.jpg (22KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0107312123.jpg
22KB, 499x499px
>you'll never grow up with a slave and treat his momma like she is your momma and have fun sleepovers where they tell you negro ghost stories
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.