[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Star Wars prequels are better than the originals and no I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18

File: v8DxM.jpg (8KB, 251x211px) Image search: [Google]
v8DxM.jpg
8KB, 251x211px
The Star Wars prequels are better than the originals and no I'm not baiting.
>>
Bane threads are dumb.
>>
File: dubscheckit.jpg (35KB, 400x504px) Image search: [Google]
dubscheckit.jpg
35KB, 400x504px
>>
I have never hugged a female who wasn't related to me.
>>
I liked the ending of Dexter
>>
I'm black
>>
>>80987775
House of Cards is the best show I have seen hands down since the Sapranos and nobody on here ever talks about. Proof positive this place is pleb central. I don't know why I continue to come back here.
>>
File: aaaaah.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaah.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
When I watch Asian movies I can't tell the characters apart and I end up reading the plot summary on wikipedia
>>
Akira Kurosawa is the best filmmaker of all time.
Kubrick is the most overrated filmmaker of all time.
Spielberg is the last director of his ilk and with his death, the golden age of filmmaking will end.
The new age of filmmaking is spearheaded by based Edgar Wright.
The Avengers movies are the driest ""AAA"" films in the current decade.
>>
File: minimal-21-512.png (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
minimal-21-512.png
22KB, 512x512px
I didn't get dubs
>>
>>80987775
/tv/ hasn't made a funny meme in years and most of you probably have some form of cognitive disability.
>>
I like Korean action/thriller flicks.
Kubrick was an amazing director.
All Star Wars is garbage.
Moonlight was ok.
I don't hate black people. I just strongly dislike african american culture.
Tarkovsky is slightly overrated on this board, and the guy was sort of a dick.
Fellini was better, but lost it.
Superbad was genuinely great, and one of the best comedies of the last 20 years, but everything else Rogen and Goldberg has ever done sucks, with the exception of This is the end, wich was ok.
Black Swan is the best mainstream american movie of the last 20 years or so.
>>
>>80988722
I have a friend like this.

>"hey, aint that the guy from the chaser?"
>no
>"hey, wasn't she in lady vengeance?"
>no
>"I thought she died earlier in the car"
>that was the other woman jesus christ are you blind!!!

Drives me mad.
>>
>>80987775
I've been wanting a follow up to Unbreakable since I was eleven years old and now I'm hype as hell that it's actually happening.
>>
I loved Power Rangers reboot
BvS is the greatest superhero movie ever.
Daredevil>Iron Fist>Luke Cage>Jessica Jones
The Marvel TV shows are better than the movies
Iron Fist is way, way better than most make it out to be.
Whiplash is a genuinely awful movie, and La La Land is bad.
Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Jackie Brown are good, but everything else by Tarantino is garbage.
Inside Llewyn Davis is the Coen Brothers best movie followed by True Grit and A Serious Man. Big Lebowski is terrible.
Swiss Army Man is cringe worthy bullshit and not the least bit funny or insightful.
>>
>>80988722
Why is this so taboo to say? I bet they can't tell us apart either. Can we finally all just be honest about it?
>>
>>80988019
Woah. You would have been better off confessing to murder.
>>
I haven't gone to the theatre in almost ten years. I haven't had cable for seven years. I haven't had any paid streaming service in four years.
>>
Days of thunder is great
Episode 7 is nostalgia pandering garbage
Jurassic world was not much better than episode 7 and the worst of the Jurassic park films, at least 2 and 3 had some rather than no likable characters
>>
File: Summer School.jpg (131KB, 580x903px) Image search: [Google]
Summer School.jpg
131KB, 580x903px
I unironically like the '80s Mark Harmon comedy Summer School.
>>
File: IMG_0911.jpg (36KB, 340x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.jpg
36KB, 340x465px
>>80989252
good opinions
>>80988877
shit opinions

as for me, I'd go with the McChicken, prolly the best choice at McDonald's
>>
>>80989635
>Episode 7 is nostalgia pandering garbage

Came here to say this.

Also came to say Rogue One>Episode VII because at least Rogue One didn't try to hide being pandering garbage.
>>
>>80989489
I can tell east-asians, blacks, indians, the other kind of indians, whites, spics and arabs apart.
I get racism. I might just be one myself, but I don't get this "I can't tell who's who" stuff. I think people who say that either have such a boiling hate for others that they just blatantly lie to seem as racist as possible, or they're just faceblind.
>>
>>80989570
>I haven't had any paid streaming service in four years.

I haven't paid for a movie/dvd or TV channel in 15 years. The last media I paid for was The Matrix in 2000.
>>
>>80987775
I hate niggers.
>>
I've actually watched Problem Child and Problem Child 2
>>
>>80989777
I hate inbred racists.

My Daughters are mixed-race.
>>
>>80989817
I don't like white people on 4chan pretend to be niggers.
>>
File: summer school.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
summer school.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>80989676
>>
>>80989853
I didn't understand your post.
>>
>>80989817
I unironically think cross breeding people are scum. :)
>>
I like a metric fuck ton of badly rated and received movies
>>
>>80989817
I hate mischlings and think you and they belong in the furnace.
>>
>>80989744
I'm on the path to be like you. You enjoy life or nah?
>>
>>80987775
People who genuinely believe the prequels are any good, or better than the originals, obviously were born with those films. I'm guessing 1996+.
The obvious point being the only reason you'd think that the prequels were any good is for nostalgia reasons. You also probably only hate the originals because of all the hate the prequels get.
>>
>>80989894
>I didn't understand
Oh you really are a nigger. Get out.
>>
>>80989902
If you met my Children and their Mother you'd understand.
>>
File: kino.jpg (45KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
45KB, 768x433px
The Leftovers is genuinely my favorite TV show of all time and it really rustles my jimmies when people here call it reddit because Lost had a shit ending. Especially when said shit-talkers have only seen a few episodes in the first season and didn't bother to even try season 2 - which is straight up fucking kino.
>>
>>80989938
Life is good, bro. I couldn't go back to paying £16 for a DVD I'm probably gonna watch once. I probably watch 20 movies a month. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: michi junco.jpg (91KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
michi junco.jpg
91KB, 639x358px
>>80989337
How do you do it?? I watched Kairo last night and the three main actresses all had the same haircut and build. I enjoyed the film but it took me like the first 45 minutes to figure out who was who.
>>
>>80989973
I learned to read English at school. This.. >>80989853 makes no sense to me.

>I don't like white people on 4chan
>pretend to be niggers.

I don't want to pretend to be a nigger. Why would I? If you don't like white people on 4chan then tough shit. DEAL with it.
>>
>>80990165
I guess after a dozen movies you just start to recognise their facial features more. The fact they all have the same black hair and voice doesn't help.
>>
>>80990189
>he forgot a word, got 'im!

Also, you protest too much, Sambo.
>>
I've never watched the indiana jones series
>>
>now this is pod racing!
>>
Inception is one of the best movies of all time and is better than the Matrix
>>
>>80988622
I love House of Cards! :D Can we be friends or no?
>>
>>80987775
I love BBC and want it in my wife filling her with black seed
>>
>>80990667
If you want good seed just go to Sneed's
>>
>>80989868
Hell yeah, bro!

Maybe it's weird, but it's the most "summer" movie for me. There's some kind of comfy nostalgia in it, and that feeling of restlessness just leading up to the summer break.

Plus I totally relate to those guys.
>>
>>80987775
I liked the ewok movie desu, or one of them at least (there's 2 right?). It had a nice mix of fantasy and sci fi.
I also liked everything I ever read about the EU, even or should I say especially the stupidest stuff like Luuke or the "first" battle of Hoth.
>>
>>80989252
>Tarkovsky is slightly overrated on this board, and the guy was sort of a dick.
>Fellini was better, but lost it.
Antonioni was better than both Tbh.
>>
>>80990726
No. Chuck bought it back. It's legally Chuck's now.
>>
Avatar is my favorite movie of all time.
BvS is my favorite Superhero movie.
I genuinely prefer the prequels to the original trilogy.
>>
>>80990794
Oh Chuck reclaimed it?? Good for him!
>>
>>80988622
>Sapranos

new meme
>>
>>80989817
I'm going to beat your daughters with a bat the second you're no longer there to protect them, racemixing scum.
>>
File: p_101528432.jpg (37KB, 332x353px) Image search: [Google]
p_101528432.jpg
37KB, 332x353px
>>80989853
>>80989902
>>80989935
>>80991446

You really think I care what some anonymous retard thinks?

You're dumb, I get it. I really do. I'm ok with it.
>>
>>80990068
>my favorite show
One of my favorites as well, my man.
>rustles my jimmies when people here call it reddit
Same. We'll just have to know we're right and they're wrong.
>>
>>80992153
Go back to 420chan, Jerome.
>>
i miss my secret club theres days i feel like im the last of them from back in the day most are probably dead or sustained to a life of wageslaving and gave up when the cancer took over the site
>>
The Harry Potter film series is leagues better than the Lord of the Rings film series.Every single facet, direction, tone progression, atmosphere, camera work, art direction, sound effects, visual effects, pacing, editing, acting, character development and soundtracks.
>>
>>80992464
Ok, er.. Cletus? Hank? Justin?

What do I call you?
>>
>>80994279
At least I don't feel like a pedo watching LOTR.
>>
>>80987775
Star wars is just a vehicle for selling merchandise anyway
>>
>>80992153
You're going down, coonskin.
>>
>>80987979
:(
>>
I love stupid ass 90s action movies. The Rock, Mortal Kombat, and Starship Troopers are the some of the best ways to waste an afternoon.
Hiroyuki Sanada deserves better than what he's gotten in hollywood.
Avatar 2 will be a good film because James Cameron doesnt know how to fuck up a sequel.

I watch How I Met Your Mother once a year because it reminds me of when I used to be around friends.
>>
File: cars2.jpg (479KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cars2.jpg
479KB, 1000x1500px
This was a good movie and I am excited for the sequel.
>>
>>80987979
that's just sucky
>>80988281
kek
>>
>>80987775
>Having super high movie standards just ruins your own movie watching experience honestly I can't remember the last movie I rated 6/10 or below. Same with tv shows.

>Story isn't thing that carries a movie, cinematography, directing and score also count.

>/tv/ should ease on the contrarianism but that's just part of the culture

>pedos should get gassed and liking traps makes you gay
>>
File: 1485648154550-tv.jpg (83KB, 1024x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1485648154550-tv.jpg
83KB, 1024x1015px
>>80987838
>>
Star trek Enterprise was better than Voyager
>>
>>80994392
Ill respond to you seriously since you did me. I was the same age as them when they came out so it was always natural. No pedo. Plus I like Hermione in the latter ones just as much.
>>
>>80987775
2001 is not very good.
>>
>>80995783
You're right it's very great
>>
>>80990014
>If you met my Children and their Mother you'd understand.

Understand that you're a beta loser that had to switch race to score? yeah i understand.
>>
>>80988877
>The new age of filmmaking is spearheaded by based Edgar Wright.
I am 100% on board with this
>>
the transformers movies are not bad
>>
I unironically consider LOST to be the best show I've ever watched, I loved the ending and the way it was written. There are only two episodes I don't like and I've watched the entire show front to back at least 6 times to the point I can quote most of the lines along with the show.
>>
>>80998406
>There are only two episodes I don't like

Kate has more than one episode, m8
>>
Movies will never be good again while Jews are allowed to exist
>>
>>80998197
that last one with marky mark had me legit laughing and entertained for the whole duration
>>
>>81000228
Jack's tattoo and Nikki and Paulo are the only irredeemable ones. And the Nikki and Paulo was the fault of the actors trying to jew out for more money
>>
Iron Fist is not that bad
Batman v Superman is better than the MCU because of it's ambition alone
Batman v Superman is a fine action movie on itself too and one of the best blockbusters of 2016
Kobayashi > Kurosawa
PTA is the best american director working
Lynch would be the best american director working but he's not working, he's basically retired and we need to accept it
Twin Peaks is going to suck too
>>
>>80987775
I watched a couple DChads school an ISIS sympathizer in a Justice League thread and it was like watching Batman and Superman teaming up.

God bless DChads.
>>
>>81000506
>I watched a couple DChads school an ISIS sympathizer in a Justice League thread
>ISIS sympathizer in a Justice League thread
What the fuck
>>
>>81000637
I fucking saved that shit.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/80987560/#80996842
>>
>>81000463

I didn't think the Nikki Paulo one was that bad desu. It was a weird episode, and not really fitting with the rest of the show, but it was fun enough.

Their whole situation was weird. I thought initially that they were just there for exposition. The show had gotten kind of complex, and for people just tuning in to "finally give this Lost thing a shot," it was easy to have an organic reason for characters to explain things like the hatch in a couple of sentences. Not sure why people hated them, she was pretty qt, and LeVar Burton as the Cobra was choice.
>>
Star Trek > Star Wars
>>
>>80988281
I'm black
>>
>>80989068
Wrong. Raimiposting and LOTR-Taxposting both are alive and well. Nice threads every once in a while.

Lurk more.
>>
File: 1488056840475.jpg (18KB, 216x188px) Image search: [Google]
1488056840475.jpg
18KB, 216x188px
>>81000785
>>
>>81000785
I don't like DC movies but I have to admit they have the best fanbase in this board
>>
File: Virtu.png (1MB, 657x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Virtu.png
1MB, 657x1059px
>>81000785
>>
File: Sasha-Grey.jpg (48KB, 404x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha-Grey.jpg
48KB, 404x594px
>>80987775
>BvS finally was a proper mature comic book movie that failed because comic book movies are aimed at children, teens and adults that never developed proper mental maturity

>Interstellar and the Arrival are retarded pieces of shit to make stupid people believe they're watching a smart movie, cause they're too retarded to understand an actual intelligent movie

>Warcraft the Beginning was a good movie and I fucking hate World of Warcraft

>Movies are shit because they're a passive medium that don't require much thinking. As a result it's easy to make a person believe a shit movie is good or a good movie is shit. Not so with videogames. If a game is bad, you will notice, because it's an active medium

>Iron fist is literally better than season 1 of Daredevil.

>We need to cut out "professional reviewers." The only reason these glorified internet blogger exist is for historical reasons, since preinternet era you couldn't compile "user scores." Time to cut out the middleman.

>People who like Strangers Things are people who buy a book because it has a pretty picture on the cover. All style, no substance.

>Logan wasn't a good movie, it just wasn't as shit as the other Xmen movies.

>Nolans Batman movies are dogshit. Only reason Dark Knight was so great was because of Homo Mountain.

>If any of the recent Star Wars movies didn't have the name Star Wars, they would have been considered mediocre dogshit.
>>
I hate myself.
>>
The ugliest guy from my friends just lost his v-card and I still have it. He's a 5'5 fat manlet with a double chin and no social skills. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME WHY AM I STILL A VIRGIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (13KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
13KB, 300x232px
>>81003551
>>
>>81003508
If they didn't have the name on them but we assume they had the same colossal budget and marketing then they still would have been rated above their deserving mediocre status because of the resources behind them.
>>
>>81003648
WIth that reasoning Jupiter Rising or whatever the fuck that trash was called would have been a succes.
>>
>>81003551
Probably because you use terms like v-card and worry about losing your virginity in general. I have a killer suggestion, stop being a faggot.
>>
Logan is a piece of tearjerking trash with the most dull trope of all (Burned out dude and a little girl), obvious story, characters that don't make you care, weak villains and it's still comic book dumb while it tries to be something else.
>>
>>80987775
I watch movies and TV shows to fill the void inside me created by the lack of human interaction and constant anxieties.
>>
>>80987775
>Any movie with CGI blood/gore is garabage
>If you're making a movie with shooting and guns PG-13, You should just neck yourself and burn the film
>>
>>81003673
TFA had almost double the budget of jupiter ascending and they spent a ridiculous amount on marketing. Some people are saying it was more than the cost of the film itself.
>>
>>80988019
I liked the ending of Lost.
>>
>>81003743
Marketing is usually more than the cost of the movie. TFA was a terrible movie btw.
>>
>>81003762
>TFA was a terrible movie btw
No shit, genius. Was that my point at all?
>>
>>81003800
But the marketing budget of Jupiter Ascending was the same...
>>
>Star Wars OT are ok movies but absurdly overrated
>Disney Wars aren't better than the prequels so far
>BvS is neither the worst movie of 2016 nor the best, the audience scores they got are mostly accurate (7/10)
>Marvel has never had a good movie, they are ok at very best and I mean Iron Man 1 and GotG only
>Nocturnal Animals was the best american movie of 2016
>Arrival was a piece of shit
>internet reviewers are going to kill the industry by pushing the idea of "safe = good"
>>
File: angela_merkel-1.jpg (53KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
angela_merkel-1.jpg
53KB, 620x387px
>>80987775
Swiss Army Man was a better musical than La-La-Land.
Big Bad Beetleborgs was a better "let's splice Japanese footage with original American actors" show than Power Rangers.
>>
>>81003762
>Marketing is usually more than the cost of the movie.

That's an old throwaway line that was never really true, and definitely isn't true with something like Force Awakens. For marketing, Disney - all of it's movies, the theme parks, everything - spends around $2 billion a year. A movie like Force Awakens scratches around $50-$60 million.

The Force Awakens cost like, what $400 million to make? Companies like Progressive Insurance and Home Depot spend less than $500 million a year on advertising. They marketed Force Awakens, sure, but not anywhere near more than they spent making the movie. Budweiser spends $450 million on marketing for the whole year.
>>
>>80987775
rogue one > entire star wars series
>>
>>80987775
star wars is pretty shit all round, has some enjoyable action scenes, sometimes, but the lore is retarded the plot ridiculous and the acting always sub par.
>>
>>81004933
I agree with everything you said except the acting bit. Mcgregor and Ford does a decent job.
>>
>>80987775
>palpetine is the progressive leader
>trade fed are Muslims
Wowee
>>
>>81005322
>"progressive leader" becomes a full-mode dictator
Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.