[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else find professor x swearing out of place?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 519-film-page-thumbnail.jpg (97KB, 314x466px) Image search: [Google]
519-film-page-thumbnail.jpg
97KB, 314x466px
anyone else find professor x swearing out of place?
>>
>>80977512
Yup. Felt like they were just doing it for the sake of it being rated R.
>>
Have you ever seen old people cursing in real life? It feels just as out of place
>>
just finished decathaloning this "kino". Could have been trimmed 30 minutes. For a send off film it was bad, practically as bad a spin off as X-Men Origins.Forgettable characters and villains, premise not fleshed out well enough.
5/10 in all honesty.
>>
It felt like shock value, though people with dementia do get uncharacteristically hostile at times so it didn't bother me too much
>>
>>80977512
>what is Alzheimer's?
>>
>>80977512
Have you ever met someone who is demented? They get hostile real fast
>>
i didnt like how weak and comic reliefy he was. they couldve at least made him still badass personality wise even though hes old.
>>
seemed normal to me
>>
>>80978026
>>80977897
>>80977512
Anons beat me to it, but I'll say it anyway.

Alzheimer's, dementia, and just about any degenerative brain disease (given that the one he has in the movie is unnamed) have severe personality altering effects on the person who has it. There can be reasons for this directly linked to the disease, such as people with syphilis sometimes becoming more aggressive, but more often it's just that, even on good, lucid days, diseases such as Alzheimers or dementia cause a generally fog of confusion or uncertainty, like a pot high without the part that makes it fun.
This leads to outbursts of often uncharacteristic anger caused by the frustration and fear they feel.
So realistically, it's ok that X swore in stressful situations, because his condition made it about a million times worse.
>>
>>80978174
yeah me too
>>
>>80978151
>they couldve at least made him still badass personality wise even though hes old.
That's the point, he's old and pathetic, this great man who saved the world and empowered so many people dies a shell of his former self.
>>
File: la la logan.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
la la logan.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
Let's make this a "people ask questions about Logan that were already answered in the movie because they weren't paying attention and can't use Google to find out the answer to their questions easily" thread.

>But how did all the X-Men die?
>Where did all the mutants go?
>Why is Wolverine dying?
>Why is Wolverine's healing factor not working?
>How can Laura grow with a metal skeleton?
>Why is this senile 90-year-old man cursing and being disrespectful towards his caregiver?

I know I am forgetting something. What are some more stupid questions that have to be answered in every thread about the movie?
>>
>>80977642
(You)
>>
A little, yes, considering his first word is 'Fuck' and there's special emphasis on it.

I know it was supposed to be somewhat funny and sad that someone once has become just an angry, broken old man. Just like Logan.

It made a lot of sense, but lacked subtlety.
>>
>70% of the movie is Logan waking up and squinting his eyes
>>
Yes, extremely. When I first heard it I was physically shaken, it's like your warm loving Grandfather yelling at you or something.
>>
>>80979213
Were you literally shaking?
>>
>>80979090
>It made a lot of sense, but lacked subtlety.

What subtlety is there in senility? That's the entire point of senility. "It made sense, but I don't like it anyway" is a weird position to take.

>Mutants are gone, Logan (who says fuck a lot, by the way) is dying, and the world is bleak. The good guys lost, but hey old man, don't say fuck, because that might be unsubtle!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWWZE9s365g

He's sworn before
>>
>>80978445
I will answer the obligate questions, anon

>but how did all the X-Men die?
Xavier accidentally killed all of them the first time he had a major seizure.

>where did all the mutants go?
That corn syrup shit described at the farm

>why is wolverine dying?
There isn't yet an exact answer to this one. The movie implies it's adamantium poisoning, but never states whether or not the adamantium burnt out his healing factor, or if it's just failing because (in the movie universe at least) he's nearly 300 years old.

>why is Wolverine's healing factor not working?
See above

>How can Laura grow with a metal skeleton?
Only her claws are adamantium, in the brief surgery scene you can see her arms and feet cut open, with the claws having adamantium bonded to them.

>why is xavier hostile?
Dementia.
>>
>>80979735
There's a theory that the corn syrup was inhibiting the healing factor either by directly attacking it or causing more and more damage to Logan's body.

They said the corn syrup was in every food and drink product.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.