[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adaptation when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Silmarillion-cover.jpg (67KB, 500x774px) Image search: [Google]
Silmarillion-cover.jpg
67KB, 500x774px
Adaptation when?
>>
How many movies could Peter Jackson realistically squeeze out of this?
>>
>>80968307
5, one for each story
>>
>>80968307
Imo, Jackson's still a boss. Hobbit sucked balls because the studio have him 2 weeks to prep.

If Jackson could prepare for Silmarillion like he did for LOTR, it would be epic/10.

The lesson for professionals here is that I cannot be proven false.
>>
>>80968265
When Chris Tolkien dies
>>
Without a lot of additions, it might work as a short TV series. You'd have to chop & change a lot to get it working in a film environment.
>>
>>80968265

Jackson is permanently burnt out, which is a good thing I guess but I also fear that in other hands it could be ruined.

It's been a decade since the original trilogy, it doesn't matter what they make now. Since the Hobbit I classify everything as not canon and therefore bullshit.

So let them make another trilogy of contemporary compromise and water down the story with liberal ideas.
>>
hopefully never
>>
>>80968265
>unacceptable mediums
live action
theater
Disney

>acceptable mediums
animation
claymantion
stop motion
>>
its like asking when is the wikipedia movie
>>
My sources tell me that there will be between 50 and 150 new Peter Jackson Silmarillion movies.
>>
>>80972525
silmarillion anime when?
>>
>>80972525
Just about the worst thing i have read.
>>
>>80975182
Not them but an animated LOTR would be brilliant if it were actually possible anymore for people to make decent quality animated movies.

2D obviously, no god damn claymation. That's insane.
>>
>>80968265
Hopefully never. But if they do make it it should be shot and shown on a per story basis each week. They should find no problem in one week releasing a two hour episode and the next week releasing one thirty minute episode, or two roughly thirty minute episodes. There should be no common thread between them and it should be a painfully accurate retelling of the stories.
>>
File: The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(1978).jpg (42KB, 340x520px) Image search: [Google]
The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(1978).jpg
42KB, 340x520px
>>80976397
>>
>>80969942
I think he might write it into his will that Peter Jackson can never get his hands on the rights to this book.
>>80972446
Apparently he hardly even shows up to work these days.

But yeah, if you fags didn't know. The family have refused Peter Jackson the rights to make a movie out of the silmarillion, they were pissed at the quality of the Hobbit.
And Peter Jackson has seriously checked out of his job, you get the guys who work for him a couple of drinks and the shitty, shitty stories that they will tell you about Peter Jackson are pretty astounding.
>>
>>80968265
The Similar Lion? What the fuck is that shit?
>>
>>80976537
severely underrated post
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.