[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just go home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Why didn't they just go home
>>
>>80959904
low effort london
>>
>>80959904
> t. woman
>>
>>80959940
this
>>
>>80959904
they were home, you obviously didnt see the "this is england" scene. the very wooden planks they were standing on were just an extension of england.
>>
>>80959966
A bunch of tea-sippers being stubborn, what else is new?
>>
>>80959904
the movie wasn't successful because it left out their primary motivation from the book: they wanted the money

taking an enemy ship would have made every man on board comparatively rich, each according to their share.

instead, hollywood kikes replaced it with some weak political motivations.
>>
File: 1489965203793.png (152KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1489965203793.png
152KB, 409x409px
>tfw not a woman or a minority or a liberal
>tfw can fully appreciate this kino
>>
>>80959940
No one had anything to gain by pursuing the chase. It was a goose chase driven by the captains pride. It cost multiple lives, an arm, almost a doctor (who, at the time, was very valuable)
>>
>>80960070
is this what women actually believe?
>>
>>80960070
>I didn't watch the movie but I'll have a go at it anyways
>>
>>80960085
>>80960104
Oh I'm sorry, did I miss the tactical value of ONE ship?
>>
dumb forced meme
>>
Would this have cleared up at the Oscars if not for LOTR?
>>
File: pb50yearstorm.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pb50yearstorm.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>tfw some pig won't grant you your deathwish because he's been brainwashed about muh justice
>>
>>80960070
The kid lost his arm after the initial encounter.

He wouldn't have been spared it by going home. It was already too late.
>>
>>80960037
But all of regular sailors talk exactly about that, what a prize she would be and what a great cut of the loot they would get etc etc.
>>
>>80960118
controling the trade routes

Those warships weren't part of an expeditionnary force or a war fleet, they were meant to take each other down
>>
>>80960037
>money alone is a strong motivation for a film character istead of ideals
Back to the kitchen
>>
>>80959904
You're acting as though they were acting rationally. It was an essential plot point of the film that Jack was pursuing the Acheron more out of his pride than a sense of duty and the men were too loyal to disobey him. It was a character study and you're too much of a pleb to understand it.
>>
>>80960619
>too loyal to disobey
That's kind of an oxymoron
>>
>That shitty sequelbait ending
How did he even know about the doctor dying? Is he psychic?
>>
>>80960653
>to smart to be dumb
>>
>>80960665
The regular crewmen on the captured ship would be aware that their doctor had died but not be in on the captain's ruse.
>>
>>80960653
how
>>
>>80960665
>>80961065
In the book Maturin doubles as a double agent for the English. I always thought this scene was simply a reference to the knowledge he would have of the ship's crew as a result and his secondary task was even subtly referred to earlier in the film when he says "The French have their agents, as do we..."
>>
>>80960619
This anon gets it. Pic very related
>>
>>80959904
Had a big fuss about this. Bascially Jack was going of the rails and even says that this is beyond their mission to chase the Aceron that far. He's justifing it, but especially after that Nelson-speech stuff, it comes of as him trying to achieve his own legendary win.
My friend said that it was a selfish decision and I was like "yeah, well Napoleon was kind of an dicator, you had to fight him eventually anyway", but it could have saved the lifes of some of the men who trusted him, the sailors. It almost got everybody killed.
The main issue is that we never know the exact orders of Jack - was he just to patrol to a certain extent or to attack any enemy vessel; pursue and going out in a blaze of glory?
>>
>>80961178
Jack mentions what his orders are in the film. His orders were to pursue the Acheron as far as Brazil. Whether he disabled or captured it up until that point was left to his discretion. It's once he keeps on doggedly pursuing it, however, that he's acting purely out of pride rather than duty.
>>
>>80960037
So what you're saying is, they should have discussed the bonus situation?
>>
File: 1490167603413.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1490167603413.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>tfw you share a board with underage plebs and hipshits who don't understand dutykino
>>
>>80959966
My exact response when asked. No, I'm not saying you are parroting anybody. I'm just saying that you understand perfectly.

:^)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.