[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cellphones during kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: textingmovies__120425232958.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
textingmovies__120425232958.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
What the hell is wrong with kids (maybe more accurately people) these days? Why can't they focus on a single piece of entertainment at a time?
I just watched The Fly with my cousin and she saw maybe half of the film during glances from her phone.
>>
>>80954145
>I just watched The Fly with my cousin and she saw maybe half of the film during glances from her phone.

You're watching a 80's b-movie with a girl. What do you expect?
>>
>>80954145
I usually look up the plot summary on wikipedia and "predict" the ending to look smart in front of my friends. Then if I don't like it I can call it predictable and shit on it as much as I like.
>>
it's called multitasking, old man
>>
>>80954145
Why are you watching fellow audiencemembers rather than concentrating on the film? Doesn't this make you a GOD DAMNED HYPOCRITE?
>>
>>80954242
that's absolutely ridiculous, you're a shit person
>>
>>80954327
>literally reducing the emotional impact of a film by detaching yourself from it
>>
There is a small theater near me that mostly only plays smaller independent movies and such where I never run into the problem. The audience actually seems to give a fuck what's on the screen.

Any other theater it is constant. I try to ignore it even though it is annoying as hell.
>>
>>80954415
What's the name and location of the theater? I'd like to visit it.
>>
>watching True Romance with a friend
>she's texting through whole Sicilian scene
>"oh yea it was really good!"

made me die inside a bit
>>
>>80957095
>>80954224
is this a joke? like you guys are intentionally watching movies women would have 0 interest in and complaining that they don't show interest in them?
>>
>>80954145
>kids these days
I don't know what theaters you're going to, but as a 20 year old guy, my group of friends always keep our phones off during movies, and whenever we see people using their phones, its 40+ year olds, most often parents with kids(kids that don't use their phone).
>>
>>80957649
Nice lie. I'm sure to you it's believable
>>
>>80957442
This.

When I was in a relationship. I was never expected or required to watch a lifetime movie or romcom with her.

I didn't push it, because I had free time games, internet or friends.
>>
>>80957678
What about it is unbelievable to you?
>>
File: 1374360556657.png (146KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1374360556657.png
146KB, 424x470px
>go see Power Rangers
>two teenagers sneak in 20 minutes in
>talking the whole time
>tilt their chairs back
>unfurl massive blanket
>get under blanket
>start taking selfies WITH THE FUCKING FLASH
>continue to take selfies and talk throughout the rest of the movie

Why.
>>
America was a mistake. I've never seen one person look at their phone for more than 1 second in the cinema.
>>
Phones are obliterating our attention spans. There will never be a cure except to smash them all.
>>
>>80954327
The whole "multitasking is good" thing is a retarded myth. Stop doing this. Don't listen to music while reading studying or working. You're destroying your mind.
>>
>>80954145
This really irritates me as well. I used to think it was just the new generation but I've noticed even my mom is like this now too. She can't even hold a conversation let alone watch a movie anymore without scrolling through Facebook. We're losing our humanity.
>>
>>80957649
Everyone is equally guilty, but there is no way that kids of all people are exempt and guilt-free.
>>
>>80957991
All of it. Every single element.

You made it all up. Fuck you
>>
>>80957442
there are no films women would enjoy since women dont have brains

thats why they only respond to social media
>>
>>80954145
Why you watching a sexually explicit film with a female relative? Was you trying to get her turned on?
>>
File: 1486459203011.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1486459203011.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>avengers comes out
>pay to see it because im retarded
>everyone is just scrolling through facebook/social media during the movie
>>
>>80958118
True.
Your brain can only process this much.
>>
File: 167078211913.gif (3MB, 322x354px) Image search: [Google]
167078211913.gif
3MB, 322x354px
>be over friends house
>five people in the room in total watching a movie
>a movie that they rented and spent money on
>i saw the movie before
>really good part is coming up
>get excited
>it happens
>no reaction
>i look around the room and literally everyone else but me is looking at their phones
i can't remember for the life of me what movie it was. some horror movie. but this was one of the most disappointing moments of my life. i eventually lost touch with those guys and think this shit played a subconscious role in me not wanting to hang out with them anymore.
>>
>>80958233
my brain can
>>
>>80958140
>moms on Fb and unresponsive
>she gets new message
>its from you
>mom its me can we talk?
>mom looks up with tears
>of course son
>mom I'm gay, mom I want a game, mom can I borrow $20, mom can...
>>
>>80958315
Your brain cannot process images you aren't looking at fucktard.
>>
Ugh shit was bad enough when the only things cellphones could do was call+text and people still wouldn't put their motorolas away.
I already spend so many hours a day on the internet if I leave the house I turn off the phone.
>>
>>80958364
my brain can
>>
>>80954357
>watching the audience

Hard to miss, in a dark theater. That dude that checks his phone under his jacket? REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE BEHIND HIM. Can't stand that baby shit.
>>
>>80958534
That's fine for losers. Regular people get texts and phone calls though.
>>
>>80958568
Sit in the front row, problem solved.
>>
>>80958166
I honestly wish I did.
Last week i saw kong skull island and the entire movie was ruined by a group of 50 year old women wooping, hollering, talking and texting through the whole movie. and I'm pissed that i didnt have the balls to go complain to the staff
>>
>>80958605
Only a ADHD tard or a CEO of a major corporation has an excuse. People get texts and calls during a movie, but unless you're one of the above, it can wait.
>>
File: 1489699621721.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1489699621721.png
13KB, 640x712px
>>80954393
>>
>>80959074
The post said Leave The House. The very definition of what a mobile phone is for.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.