[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vader solo movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 18WeFBs.jpg (114KB, 4000x1598px) Image search: [Google]
18WeFBs.jpg
114KB, 4000x1598px
Sup, gois

Do you think there are any chances of a solo Vader movie coming out after Episode IX?
>>
>>80953761
A Vader solo movie? Was he not already the protagonist of the whole prequel trilogy?
>>
I hope it's as focused on politics as the early 2000 prequels are, I want to see how the galactic empire operates besides the whole stormtrooper take potshots bit.
>>
>>80953761
There is a very good chance. He's one of the most iconic villains in all of cinema, and Disney likes money. Gotta sell those action figures somehow.
>>
>>80953761
>Vader solo
Han and Leia had another son?
>>
Star Wars is gay and faggot
>>
File: images (36).jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
16KB, 225x225px
>>80953861
Implying he wasn't the protagonist of the OT too
>>
>>80953861
Kind of a good point
>>
I mean, a movie about the time between episodes 3 and 4 (besides Rogue One, of course) is an interesting idea
>>
Not a huge chance of it, because all it could really be about is Vader between III and Rogue One hunting down and murdering the remainders of the Jedi Order, right?
Very difficult to have a film exciting and enjoyable when you're just following a bad guy murdering people.
What you're asking for is basically American Psycho but without any sort of comedy or social commentary.
>>
>>80954046
Disagree.

Seeing the roots of the rebelion would be pretty nice. Besides, Vader would not be as experienced he is in episode IV. Missed Sidious in Rogue One, too.
>>
>>80954151
Sure, but the roots of the rebellion would be the antagonists of the film, you know? It'd come off as a very sociopathic movie.
Don't forget that at this point Vader was doing everything Sheev ordered without question. He had no redeeming qualities at this time.
>>
>>80954250
I don't really see a problem in the idea of the good guys being the antagonists for once. I mean, there'll be a Bobba Fett movie.
>>
>>80954332
>I don't really see a problem in the idea of the good guys being the antagonists for once
No, me neither. I enjoy television shows like the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, and I enjoyed American Psycho, too. My issue isn't that the bad guy will be the protagonist, it's that this particular bad guy will be the protagonist in this particular universe at this particular time. It's just not a good for it, because Vader at this point is a broken, obedient killing machine - and he must be from the moment the film starts to the moment the film ends, or it'd fuck up his characterisation in the OT. There can't be any sort of moral ambiguity or any other notions of depth. Between III and RO, he's an irredeemable monster. For a good protagonist you have to have some sort of sympathetic quality at the very least.
What's his arc going to be? His story? He sits in his chamber, gets a mission to go and quelch some early rebel uprising or assassinate a surviving Jedi Master, they tell him that he's sickening, he kills them, maybe has a quiet moment looking at a hologram of Padme, rinse and repeat. It'd be depressing, boring and uncomfortable.

>I mean, there'll be a Bobba Fett movie.
Well, I hate that, but even so.... Boba will most likely be more of an antihero accepting bounty contracts to bring in gangsters and criminals, not slavishly obeying a dark master obsessed with galactic domination.
>>
>>80954500
Gotta bend. You have a point.
>>
>>80954500
>>80954549
>intelligent debate on /tv/
go away please youre ruining the atmosphere of the board
>>
>>80953761

We already had three.

You're not getting any more.
>>
>>80955076
Two. I agree, though.
>>
>>80953861
Vader, not Anakin.
>>
>>80955263
Same character, don't be daft.
>>
>>80955348
Oh yeah don't be daft like how you were when you clearly knew what OP meant by a Vader solo movie.
>>
>>80955362
That wasn't me.
>>
>>80955432
Still daft regardless because it's clear why I made the distinction yet you chose to make that comment anyways.
>>
>>80955461
Goddamn you're a retard.
What's the distinction? We've seen the character's origin story, and we've seen him in his prime, and we've seen him at his fall.
Pointing out that we've already seen all this is not daft, nor is it daft to correct you when you say that Vader is not Anakin. Neither of the anons to whom you are replying have said anything as silly as you.
>>
Give me a TOR movie or a Thrawn movie.

Yes, I'll even take butched Rebels Thrawn.
>>
>>80955587
Stop being daft
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.