[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fans of Death Note are complaining about "whitewashing."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 48

In the upcoming Netflix original Death Note movie, Light is being played by a fucking white male and fans are pissed.

They seem to have no problem with a black guy being cast as L. Why is blackwashing ok?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/entertainment/death-note-whitewashing/
>>
because

>muh white supreme-a-cy

That's 100% what they think and what they would say if you asked them. It's okay to black-Asian-Latino-wash white roles because it "dismantles" White Supremacy, and bad to whitewash nonwhite roles because it "reinforces" it.
>>
Because liberals deserve to hang
>>
File: chinkwashing.jpg (334KB, 1490x1050px) Image search: [Google]
chinkwashing.jpg
334KB, 1490x1050px
Where was the outcry?
>>
but he's jewish
>>
>>80947683
>cnn

who cares? the entire world knows they are scum, and they nearing complete irrelevance
>>
here's the thing.... whites are boring

blacks bring something extra to any character.
>>
Why in the everloving FUCK are you cockstains so obsessed with SJW shit??? Are you so brainwashed that you can't even enjoy a show designed to entertain you without bringing your idiotic political bullshit into it?
>>
>>80948687
Yeah, stolen goods and AIDS
>>
It doesn't even make sense for him not to be white in the US since the entire point of Light is that he was a child of privilege and a straight A perfect student that nobody would predict because he was shielded by such privilege and power.
>>
Light looks like an edgy schoolshooter
>>
>>80948803
Yeah that's the real issue, I don't really care whether he's white or asian but he needs to be the biggest chad out there. That's why Zach Efron was perfect, because he looked the part and also had that aura of success
>>
>>80948687
>blacks bring something extra
I'm pretty sure a stolen bike doesn't add to the performance.
>>
>>80947683
I'm pissed about both Light being white and L being black. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>80948687
If the only thing making one character more interesting than another is the race, then it's a boring character.
>>
>>80947683
That dude is absolutely miscasted and looks absolutely nothing like the character, heck the black guy they got for L actually is trying.
Pick you battles /pol/, pick your battles...
>>
Well that was predictable.
>>
>>80947683
Is that Ramsey Bolton, but on crack?
>>
>>80948505
>>80948613
>>80948660

lmao

stay triggered trumpcucks
>>
>>80948623
It's different because Japan is ethnically homogeneous, while America isn't. ;)
>>
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
AND FUCK DONALD DRUMPF
>>
Why does Light look like he's some stoner skater kid? He's supposed to be clean cut and all that
>>
>>80947683
nig L looks fine, school shooter crawling in my skin Light looks like a faggot.
>>
>>80949149
they literally just had to take zac efron and ezra miller and that's it

who makes the calls on who is getting the part
>>
>>80949273
>zac efron and ezra miller
Both are expensive, especially Miller since he's in capeshit business now. It's netflix movie, it's shot in two days for 20 bucks, hot dinner and bus tickets for everyone
>>
File: wd.jpg (40KB, 723x446px) Image search: [Google]
wd.jpg
40KB, 723x446px
well at least they got 1 thing right
>>
Wasn't the whole point of Light is that he was a priviledged kid, rich, handsome, smart and with a dad that was the chief of police?
Someone that nobody would suspect he was Kira?
This nigga looks like he is one Capeshit argument from shooting a school dressed as Iron Man...
>>
>>80949246
America's acting skill levels and star power aren't homogeneous either.
>>
>>80947683
I mean I thing the whole thing is unnecessary but it is kinda hypocritical that the same people who are seething about a black james bond think this is no big deal.
>>
>>80949354
do you know how much he sacrificed?
>>
>>80947683
Because "fans" aren't complaining. It's an organized political group pushing there agenda.
>>
>original series
>majority of the cast is Japanese because it takes place in Japan
>Watari is Eurpean
>L is hapa

>Netflix Death Note
>majority of the the cast is white because America
>Watari is Japanese
>L is black

Whitewashing is such a fucking meme. If these fags want to label it at least call it Westernwashing. But nah we can't call it that because the name has no white devil implications.
>>
Why is anyone paying attention to whitewash whining?
>>
File: ryuk.png (391KB, 350x430px) Image search: [Google]
ryuk.png
391KB, 350x430px
>>80949439
>You know Light, I'm something of a demigod myself. I like to pee on ants and watch them swim in it. I sometimes wonder what they think of the mysterious yellow rain. They panic at first, mandibles flailing, running into each other, trying to escape the warm, bitter stream, but eventually come to accept it, maybe even enjoy it. Really puts things into perspective. So Light, if you ever find yourself in doubt, just find an ant hill, and pee on it. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>80947683
Hollywood remakes and adapts non-Western films and TV all of the time and never uses actors from the country of origin.
Shit like this truly is a testament to how autistic and retarded anime fans and SJWs are.
>>
File: l mask.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
l mask.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
Pretty sure L is supposed to be half-Japanese, half-English.

That's the weirdest racebending.
>>
>>80947683

We're complaining about niggerdirtying.
>>
>>80950280
"..quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian.."
>>
>>80949496
The fact that it takes place in the us, a mostly white country, when the manga takes place in Japan, not white, is whitewashing.
>>
>>80951057
changing the setting isn't whitewashing tho and the casting better represents the demographic of the country where it's being adapted
>>
I'm so sick of the whitewashing complaints. It's not whitewashing, it's JEWwashing. If you're going to bitch about it, at least get it right.

When will these faggots learn that these privileged "white" people are all fucking Jews?

That said, I agree that Light is horribly miscast, even more so than L which I didn't think was possible.
>>
niggers
>>
File: Deathnote.jpg (321KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Deathnote.jpg
321KB, 1280x853px
How will people react when the white guy kills the black guy

pic related
>>
>>80951443
>When will these faggots learn that these privileged "white" people are all fucking Jews?
Normies/liberals think Jews are white.
>>
>>80947683
Why do liberals care about the main character being white and wanting to kill all of the injustice in the world? Wouldn't that be suited for their agenda and show that white people are horrible people?
>>
>>80948649
which is white
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 1024x576px
>SJWs kill anime adaptions
>Actual anime fans will be happy

There's nothing wrong with using SJWs for our own needs sometimes. Anime needs to be protected. It's not for western normies. They should go ruin comic books some more.
>>
another day another round of people crying outrage on social media about how everything is racist and sexist.

go ahead keep pissing everyone off and get trump elected another term i don't give a fuck. fuck everybody.
>>
>it's a /pol/ and reddit shill another SJW article thereby guaranteeing outrage views for free episode

Friendly reminder that we wouldn't even know about this if you weren't spamming it all the fucking time.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
>>80953890
>SJWs get anime adaptions stopped because of the controversy and backlash
>It works
>Trumps wins again

...How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>80947683
fuck anime fans

bunch of sjws desu. most anime fans are girls now anyway which explains a lot
>>
>>80954037
Unlike you, I don't like when people complains.
>>
>>80954063
No, I don't care about social justice. I just don't want normies taking our interests from us. It's not theirs to take. I'm willing to use the SJW angle because it works though.
>>
ummm how about 5 words for you little drumphlet babies

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>80953651
>uses the chair like a chimp
I guess they confused L's quirks for monkey like behavior and casted accordingly
>>
>>80947683
>fans
>>
>>80948623
didn't japanese fans hate it for not casting whites?
>>
This is a really interesting quandary. What is going on with society? These casting choices, and the responses, are really weird
>>
>>80954188
That's six words.
>>
>>80947683
Why are people crying about the race and not the fact that its a fucking MOVIE
>>
more like uglywashing
>>
>>80948693
Because it is designed for more than entertainment. The producers clearly have an agenda with this stuff.
>>
all the anime version characters look white, but are japanese. can't they just say everyone is japanese in the movie? except for the nigger.
>>
L is an N
>>
>>80953651
The shoes are fucking ridiculous. L would not sit like that with those hideous platform shoes. And where is his candy? Why such en edgy hoodie? The attention to detail is worse than any "white washing" going on. This is shitty youtube fanfic tier costume design.
>>
>>80947683
stop posting very fake news.
>>
Who cares even? Just don't watch the movie. I'm not going to watch Ghost in the Shell either.
>>
It's been a while but wasn't L British anyway so him being played by a black actor isn't too far fetched?
>>
Anime characters are clearly drawn to resemble white people

I don't see why its such a bad thing to cast whites to more accurately resemble them
>>
>>80947683
THEY WUZ L
>>
Japanese React to Netflix Death Note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8Ingn8w24
>>
>>80953734
>
>>
>>80949246
It's okay for Japan because their country is racist and ours isn't.
>>
>>80957677

>people believe this
>>
File: Screenshot_214.jpg (48KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_214.jpg
48KB, 600x583px
Changing a story that takes place in Japan to make it take place in the US can be considered whitewashing
that's mostly a way to not have to cast Asians in their series
Hollywood and the american film industry always had a huge problem with casting Asiatic characters
tldr : everybody retard in the thread triggered because of that word should educate themselves about the issues instead of spouting memes about how people are complaining for no reason
>>
Well, I also have a problem with this version of Light, but it has nothing to do with him being white - he just looks like a complete fucking loser. Unless, of course, he is supposed to be a metaphor for trumptards, Death Note is /pol/, and Ryuk is KEK, and that puffy faced faggot is attempting to cleanse the nation by killing the SJWs, while the nig-L is using his nig-deduction to stop him. If in the end L wins and Misa is blacked, I'll give that movie a 10/10 rating.
>>
>>80957953
>original intellectually oriented
>this version action oriented
literally everything the west touches
>>
What do you think the actors thin about it?

Do they think its shit too?
>>
I'm more annoyed by the fact that Light is suppose to be very handsome as it's part of his character and this guy looks disgusting.
>>
>>80950731
>quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian

Those aren't different things just white
>>
>>80958261
Same. I mean heck, any western adaptation of anything has never ever been good, but I would appreciate if they at least tried to get some details right. Instead you have this really ugly average joe as the main guy, clearly a strong focus on TEENAGE ROMANCE and even the girl is fucking average as shit.
Black L I could live with if they got his mannerisms right, but no, not even that. Its clear its a very loose adaptation aside from all the parts where they would have to do some writing or actual creative work of their own.

Point is, if you are going to adapt something. Either do your own thing from the getgo, using only the base idea of it (In this case the idea of killing people with a notebook). Or try to make a proper, well made version of the original that is condensed and cuts out all the unnecessary shit of the original show.
>>
>>80949149
This. Just stick to the fucking manga. I don't remember black L or white light, why fuck with it?
>>
>>80947683
Honestly,
Light being white is one of the few white washing moves that actually makes a lot of sense.
The whole point of Death Note and Light is that he's a moderately privileged nobody that blends into the crowd. He could be anyone. And in an American adaptation that takes place in Seattle, who does that describe more than an upper-middle class white kid.
>>
>>80958549

100% agreed. Funny thing is that the source material is so good even if they mixed up things it could still be decent but of course they went full mainstream US 18 year old audience so a chance of a quality crime thriller is fucked.
Alienate the fans of the original and make it so that people who don't know about Death Note just simply don't care.

Not that I expect anything from US films anymore the only one I had the stomach for this month was Hell or High Water.
>>
Don't care, its an adaption you retards
Whether it will be good or not is another question
>>
Either all racewashing is okay or none of it is. You can't just complain about the roles you don't like, and completely ignore the other.
>>
Everything Wingard has done after The Guest has been terrible. This looks no different, people need to just ignore the contrived controversy and look at the fact it's going to be a shit movie, also Death Note of all things is not going leave an impact that there needs to be a white character. Had it not been for Netflix this would be Direct to DVD
>>
>>80958690
>source material is so good
>meme note
>>
No one gave a shit that the entire cast of the attack on titan movies were asian even though there is a plot line that states that Mikasa is the only asian left in that world.
>>
>>80959159
obviously due to its massive popularity, contrarians and weebs are forced to pretend it's bad, but Death Note is objectively an example of a very interesting and unique premise executed very well.
>>
File: 1322238818985.jpg (17KB, 406x469px) Image search: [Google]
1322238818985.jpg
17KB, 406x469px
>>80957677
>this old garbage-o

Hey, people are laughing at you every time you say this.
>>
>>80949580
What is this Marylin Manson thing?
>>
>>80958904
>Either all racewashing is okay or none of it is.

Except that you're wrong.
Simplistic black and white thinking like that is rarely correct. The truth is almost always in the middle.
Race washing can be good. When race isn't central to a character's identity, changing it can open up a story to a new group of people, or help modernize a modern adaptation by putting a new twist on an old story (or story trope).
But it can also be bad, like when race is central to a character's identity and changing it can confuse or harm the message of the story.

And the truth is that sometimes racewashing can have both pros and cons. And it might not be a simple "good" or "bad" answer. Thinking can be hard like that sometimes OP.
>>
>>80958487
There are different ethnicities among the white race you mong.
>>
>>80959159
first 10 episodes are kino as fuck
>>
>>80959428
I liked live action Ryuk from the first movies.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>complaining about whitewashing when they turned L into a black guy

AYE YO WHITE BOI I KNOW YOU KILLIN THEM PEOPLE.
>>
>>80947683
They're pissed about the nigger too, even more so.
Fangirls have a soft spot for L, probably why they changed him, to try and get them to sympathize with niggers.
t. anon whose gf loves Death Note
>>
>>80947683
>They seem to have no problem with a black guy being cast as L.

Well, you've started a thread full of butthurt weebs raging about this exact thing so...
>>
>>80947683
>>80949149
I don't really care what race they are as long as they don't deviate wildly in appearance from the original character like making L black and their appearance matches their characterization Light is supposed to be the model of perfection. Charismatic, top of the class, with looks that let him set up dates with random chicks at the drop of a hat so he can use them as a cover to kill FBI agents or whatever. Not some faggoty frosted tips little cunt.
>>
>>80959506
>autistic SJWs get mad at Light being white
>autistic alt-righters get mad at L being black
>both deny vehemently they are two sides of the same coin
>>
>>80957989
>>80959418
go back to your jrpgs then weeb faggot, dont get mad because you cant handle the truth.
>>
File: justice.jpg (72KB, 725x432px) Image search: [Google]
justice.jpg
72KB, 725x432px
>>80947683
Did some googling on whether L's race was ever explicitly stated in the original. Because he works internationally and was only in Japan because that's where Kira was.

Apparently the writer said this about it, "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that."

So basically L is canon mostly white with some japanese mixed in.
>>
>wonder why they chose the actor they did instead of, you know, casting well
>turns out its just another example of those ol' nepotists in Hollywood pushing another young jewish star on us.
>>
>>80947683
>Fans of Death Note
Since when do 14 year old's opinions matter?
>>
>>80947683
ITS HAPPENING IN AMERICA FFS. NOT IN FUCKING JAPAN YOU DUMB WEEBS.
Also the big issue is that it's a fucking movie.
>>
File: 1490583668620.jpg (55KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1490583668620.jpg
55KB, 500x397px
>CNN
>>
>>80959624
>ur same side of coin

Which group do you think would leave first if I started posting gore and niggers getting killed?
>>
>>80949439

https://youtu.be/KD0vmaIUTLI?t=1m14s

Too much.
>>
>>80947683
More like drugwashing. The guy looks like a fucking meth addict. The black guy is even worse, as L is a fucking pale as fuck basement dwelling autist genius detective. What a terrible looking movie.
>>
its really sad that all of the westerns that were adapted japanese samurai movies would just be called "whitewashing"now

do you think the japanese give a fucking god damn shit? they're probably flattered we'd like it enough to adapt it
>>
>>80960141
I didn't even know people still cared about Death Note, I mean shit ins't it like 15 years old now? What's next, live action Code Geass?
>>
>>80960176
yeah they kind of missed the boat, probably why its on netflix

also anime movies are like video game movies, never works out well. GitS movie is gonna bomb too.
>>
File: 1490418421465.png (188KB, 570x312px)
1490418421465.png
188KB, 570x312px
>>80960114
>western adaption of anime made by a kike

Why is there any argument here?
Of course they chose a nigger to be a character who isn't one, and not because of their acting ability whatsoever but because they are a black person.
Same reason they chose that meth head, because he's a kike. The movie will be a big fucking turd hitting the toilet like a bullet just like Ghost in the Shell will be and just like Akira will be.

>>80960141
>they're probably flattered we'd like it enough to adapt it
Japanese fucking hate gaijin do you really think the slant-eyed fucks haven't forgotten us dropping two nukes on their island and then sending nigger marines there to rape their women?

>>80960176
Akira is next, that fecal baby is already crowning.
>>
>>80960141
They asked a bunch of Japanese people about the casting of Ghost in the Shell and they all said the same things: "she's gorgeous" "great choice" "it's a western film so it's only natural they would cast western actors" "it's anime so it looks better with the eyes than casting asians."

I think even the creator came out and said he'd be surprised if they done it differently and that ScarJo was great for the part.
>>
It's going to bomb hard, Death Note fans have moved on and current generations of early teen edgelords have different things
>>
File: 1490418421465.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490418421465.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
>>80960244
That wasn't the picture I posted, how is this still a problem you embezzling gook?
>>
>>80960253
What'd they think of them changing the story and character names and making it PG-13 so da kiddy goys can buy da moichendise?
>>
>>80960324
Nothing, they were all 20 something and don't fucking care about an anime movie made in the 90's, I'm sure if they went to Akiba they'd find plenty of pissed off nationalist otakus though
>>
>>80948649
Jews are in quantum state
They are white and oppressed minority at the same time
>>
>>80960362
>They are white
>>
>>80960351
>they're just fine with them using white actors for japanese characters in this movie they absolutely do not care about

HmmmMMMMMMMM
>>
File: 129347922634.jpg (236KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
129347922634.jpg
236KB, 700x668px
>>80954234
underrated
>>
>>80948623
It was complete shit tho
>>
The only time whitewashing has ever been a legitimate complaint is when they replace actual people with what they think is going to test better. The only example I can think of is 21, the story of a bunch of Asian students counting cards in Las Vegas, that featured a mostly pretty white cast.

Fictional characters? I'm not gonna say I've never felt weird about, say, Human Torch being black, but at the end of the day, it's a matter of interpretation of adaptation. Stories have been adapted forever.

I mean, hell, look at Beauty and the Beast. Where's the outrage about a bunch of white Americans and a British girl playing French? Would it be fair to protest if they did an all black production? Of course not, that'd be stupid.

It's totally fair to want more roles for Asian actors, and to think that stories of Asian origin are a great vehicle for that. But it's not ok to misuse terms like "whitewashing" (which are barely terms in the first place,) to imply a certain injustice has taken place, born out of malice.
>>
>>80947683
>writing "deathnote gets americanized" on the deathnote
Way to fucking ruin everything foreign with this fucking burgerlanders.
There is not ONE single foreign adaptation that was bettter than the original. Not ONE.
>>
lmao it's really hilarious watching how whiteys hate themselves
>>
>>80958487
>>80959438
Technically speaking only the English are white.
Italians and French are swarthy, Russians are slavs.
>>
>its a "people whine about an adaption as if its going to ruin the actual series because the characters have changed" episode

Pathetic
>>
File: 1482915279868.webm (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1482915279868.webm
1MB, 480x270px
>>80960544
An all black production of Beauty and the Beast would be a novelty like The Wiz.

You can tell when they force diversity shit into their movies with it being their intention to cast based on ethnicity, just like when you can tell someone is a newfag by the way they talk even when they don't explicitly write anything that'd indicate them being a newfag. People are idiots but they're rarely so stupid that they're incapable of smelling what's on the air and all I smell is shit coming from this.
>>
>>80960643
>as if its going to ruin the actual series
>nigger
>genius
>>
>>80960643
If the movie is shit I'm going to write my good friend Donald Trump to cancel all EBT cards in America.

I bet you're sweating now, nigger. I'll do it too.
>>
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/03/21/original-ghost-in-the-shell-director-mamoru-oshii-has-no-problem-with-live-action-remake

r/asianmasculinity btfo

kill yourselves you worthless fags
>>
>most anime characters look white
>Aryan as fuck women in half these shows
>"th-they're half Japanese on their father's side"

ahahahaha you wish, nips
>>
File: 1490506669734.gif (724KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490506669734.gif
724KB, 500x376px
>>80960734
>director
What does Shirow think of them butchering his story and characters just so they can make a crapbasket tax evasion?
>>
File: 1435453350112.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435453350112.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>80960757
Just because the Japanese like to pretend they have really white skin doesn't mean they're all Euros
>>
File: fcpiDvc.jpg (739KB, 1799x4999px) Image search: [Google]
fcpiDvc.jpg
739KB, 1799x4999px
>>80960576
I always see USa adaptations as the same as white guys in kimono.
It's a kind of culture attempt of appropriation.
Like some see the kimono in movies and such, think it looks fucking awesome and just use it, not realizing a part of what makes it awesome is the japanese wearing it.

Exactly like this pic, but with movies instead.
>>
>>80960855
>It's a kind of culture attempt of appropriation
Here's your reply.
>>
>>80960855
>It's a kind of culture attempt of appropriation.
Out, damn spot.
>>
>>80960855
Autism. Back to Tumblr with you, subhuman
>>
>>80947683
>>>>>/a/
Stop wandering from your containment zone.
>>
File: 1433137347343.png (230KB, 504x502px) Image search: [Google]
1433137347343.png
230KB, 504x502px
>white character turned nonwhite
>YAAAAAAASSSSSSS THIS IS DIVERSITY

>nonwhite character turned white
>HOLY FUCK IS THIS NAZI GERMANY WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Really made me think
>>
>>80961019
Iron Fist was never Asian in the first place though, this entire thing is just beyond retarded

https://www.inverse.com/article/29155-iron-fist-marvel-comics-whitewashing-roy-thomas
>>
File: C719C6XW0AAJarT.jpg large.jpg (198KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
C719C6XW0AAJarT.jpg large.jpg
198KB, 1000x810px
>>80961019
What makes me think even harder and harder is that they expect us to believe it's always been this way when you would literally have to be a decade old to remember it wasn't. Gaslighting cultists need to be fed to dogs.
>>
>>80960946
>>80960966
>>80960969
whatever dudes, enjoy your washed out culture, you got nothing but muh freedom
>>
>>80961019
>l
>white
>grey skin, black hair and brown eyes
they should just cast some greek
>>
>>80961017
They're too busy talking about how the new Code Geass anime is going to be shit
>>
File: 1489695407907.png (331KB, 501x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489695407907.png
331KB, 501x508px
>>80961059
Fine by me.
>>
>>80961062
It's in Seattle, not Japan. Last I checked America was majority white.
>>
>>80961077
It'll be just like the old one then.
>>
>>80961059
kys

being asian on the internet is getting harder and harder with you worthless cunts shitting the place up with """whitewashing""" recently, die in a fire
>>
>>80961062
see
>>80959872
>>
>>80961137
>L is using an eyeliner
>now L is a nigger
>>
>>80960946
>>80960966
>>80960969
>The death note teaser outright says "A NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM.." "(...based on the international phenomenon)"
>This film will be the first approach to deathnote for a lot of teenagers
>Implying that anyone that doesn't already knows death note won't think is masterful american crafting
Word usage is damn important on media for retarded people, wich america has by the millions.
>>
The Rurouni Kenshin triology it's the only good anime adaptation [that I know of]
>>
>>80961134
I'm not asian keep being salty and eating salty clapper
>>
>>80961180
Deathnote is on Netflix though.
>>
>>80961200
Nobody other than Asians (and a small minority at that, poisoned by the supremacist subreddits) gives a shit about this though, even the nigs are laughing at your internet tantrums
>>
Light looks absolutely terrible and the nigger looks absolutely nothing like L, nor does he seem to act like him. This is going to be absolutely terrible.
>>
File: net.jpg (29KB, 647x425px) Image search: [Google]
net.jpg
29KB, 647x425px
>>80961213
I'm just stating what's on the teaser m8
>>
>>80961226
Not asian freedoman, stop being assblasted
>>
File: kira.jpg (12KB, 407x356px) Image search: [Google]
kira.jpg
12KB, 407x356px
>>80947683
Maybe it's the Anime/Manga creators the ones who whitewash?

How many Japanese have you seen who have light brown hair and a typically european skull with a straight pointy nose?
>>
>>80960634
>French are swarthy,
You what?
>>
>>80961306
I'm certain most people who will want to see the film but haven't seen the anime or even heard of it will look it up on netflix, see it, and watch it.
>>
>>80961341
>>
>>80961280
>Netflix original movie
>terrible
oh come
>>
>>80961226
The author of the article is a black woman, she cherrypicked some Twits about this from (mostly black people again) and made it appear as it is a big outcry when it isn't.

Black Americans are the biggest race-baiters out there, they are simply obsessed.
>>
>>80961366
And how many who haven't had dye and surgery?
>>
>>80961402
>>
>>80961226
>falling for the SJWs are segregated by race meme

They have subdivisions for sure but the whitewashing stuff is at least 40% white tbqh.
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (164KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
164KB, 1240x786px
>>80961418
>>
File: kek10.jpg (244KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kek10.jpg
244KB, 1280x1024px
>>80961341
>>80961341
How many Americans have you seen who have light brown hair and a typically european skull with a straight pointy nose PLUS green eyes?
>>
File: wall.gif (40KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
wall.gif
40KB, 251x242px
>>80947683
> fans are pissed.
Fans will always be pissed no matter what you do.

Remember Watchmen? Fans were pissed because the film was too long. Other fans were pissed because they cut out the Black Freighter subplot. Other fans were pissed because the movie wasn't close enough to the comic. Other fans were pissed at Dr. Manhattan's swinging choad and the owlship sex scene, even though it was damn near frame-for-frame with the comic. And I'm not even going to get into all the shit about the ending.

No matter what you do, someone will be pissed at it. It's the nature of the Internet. Any 2 bit faggot with a webcam or a Twitter account can be Siskel and fucking Ebert.

Just try and tell a good story, and let the haterz do what they do.
>>
>>80961345
Oh the actual series then. Welp is not like I'm the creator of deathnote and shilling for it, I was just adding about the media power.
Good to know tho, I'll catch up on it on a friend's house, I don't have NF
>>
>>80961523
You don't have a point, actually.

Those traits exist naturally and only among caucasoid people.
>>
>>80961104
doesn't matter
have to be faithful to how the character looks
>>80961137
>he's of mixed heritage
>let's just make him a generic blond
>>
>>80948687
lol
>>
>>80961586
It's sokay up until the second half
>>
>>80948687
sickle cell and AIDs.
>>
>>80961535
Appealing to fans is like trying to build a castle in the air.
>>
>>80961535
I don't know anon, I'm with you but I think a line must be drawed somewhere on your argument.

I think that one thing is deviations of the original source in favours of narrative/cinematographic or artistic decisions over a number of reasons like not enough/too much time to show and tell, exposition/visuals is different/difficult to translate from the media, narrative is non-linear/difficult to translate from comic to film, budget, etc.

And another different thing, is deviations of the orignal source for political agendas, filling racial quotas, pandering to minorities, nepotism on castings, etc.

I, personally, believe that both claims have the same strength, people see it in a whole big general claim, but it should be separated, as one is art oriented and the other is not.
>>
>>80959436
You are 100% wrong. You'll see it when your grow up some.
>>
>>80961753
you need to grow up man
how old are you
>>
>>80961662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLN8FZuH5o
Fuck off
>>
>>80961598
Not in americans though, wich is kind of the point.
>>
>>80961802
you need to mature into an adult you fucking juvenile vagabond
>>
>>80961806
b-but 1% of americans look like that
>>
>>80959506

JUST
>>
>>80961830
Yeah, 25yo 1st generation irish boys, wich you woulnd't call "american" normally because it's a 1st generation 25yo irish boy.
>>
File: no-fun-allowed_l.jpg (259KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
no-fun-allowed_l.jpg
259KB, 600x450px
>>80947683
Ah, another day of people complaining about how every piece of media that comes out is somehow racist and sexist and awful.

I, for one, am very interested in this. Death Note was one of my favorite animus back when I was an autistic teenager. I'm more worried about Light than L though. As much as L is an iconic character, he's very one dimensional. The autistic super detective who knows it all and has le weird quirks. Even Misa is more interesting than him as a character, at the very least she's not as one-sided. It's really his relationship with Kira what makes it interesting, it makes me think of Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham. Back then when I watched Death Note I'd never read Thomas Harris' books because, again, I was an autistic teenager and only watched animu.

All in all, it looks like an interesting project. Death Note has a very complex plot and is a commentary on many aspects of society and ethics as a whole, and it's also really fun to watch. Buuuut, you have to admit it's not for everyone, in order to enjoy Death Note you have to be able to enjoy weebshit and japanese humour and obviously not everyone enjoys that. Making a hollywood-esque adaptation to translate it to western culture and making it accesible to westerners seems like an interesting idea, and I'm looking forward to how people will react. I at least will be watching it with glee, looking out for references to the anime, and I won't take it to heart if it's a blunder. It'll probably be a blunder, but I hope not.
>>
File: 1478893647551.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1478893647551.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>80947683
>you're adapting my cartoon wrong
>>
I'm surprised no one's posted this yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kctULmduG0
>>
>>80958487
>Russian
>white
>>
>>80958183
>Death Note
>intellectually oriented
You have to go back.
>>
>>80948623
>an RPG
what
>>
>>80948687
nah I'm pretty sure blacks take more than bring
>>
>>80961749
I agree with you on some aspects, but I have to point out:

This is the first time in recent memory that I've seen a completely western adaptation of a japanese medium. Not only a japanese medium, but motherfucking anime. And not only motherfucking anime, but Death fucking Note.

Japanese culture is inherently different to that of westerners, and as much as anime became a global phenomenon, it's still very hard to translate to western media. I hope this a genuine attempt at that, at correctly translating something very japanese into english. Sure, some of the message will be lost, but what makes a good translation good is that most of the message remains intact despite being a completely different language. That is true for most other things. Japanese people grow up in a completely different environment from yours or mine, so obviously whatever they make will be really different. I like Death Note despite being from latin america, but you have to admit the common denominator does not consume japanese media. It only seems like it becase you browse 4chan and are surrounded by people who also consume weebshit.
>>
>>80949050
No. Because Zac Efron is not a good actor and acts too much like a chad, p probably couldn't play a convincing genius. Light was more the straight edge student than the jock
>>
>>80957677
Can you imagine a nigga goku?
>>
Hitler should've played L desu, he's cuter than some coon.
>>
>>80962210
That actually sounds pretty rad
>>
>>80961830
this is you attempting to push hyperbole when its not hyperbole to say the average japs don't have straight noses and light hair with euro skull shapes....

lets put it in perspective
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-19-11h21m15s762.png (426KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-19-11h21m15s762.png
426KB, 1280x738px
>>80962210
They already made a nigger goku
>>
>>80962269
>took time to do the hair but not the nose...
>>
>>80962269
but he was turning white to get stronger. Can you imagine the butthurt
>>
>>80962298
I think Piccolo, and in turn, all of Namekian race would be considerend niggas. I mean, Piccolo really could be played by someone like Terry Crews with green bodypaint.

Also, thanks doc
>>
>>80961341
brown hair isn't exclusive to Europeans. Light also has a more Japanese pointy chin and idk how you are judging his skull shape when most of it is hidden under his Beatles hairdo
>>
>>80962374
Asians have flat faces and weaker chins
>>
>>80948505
Film and media is saturated with white actors. The core argument should be that they want equal representation of races. That's why they don't cry out when someone's race is changed from white to something else. Usually.
>>
>>80962269
looks like a black Em
>>
>>80962374
>Asians have pointy European noses
>>
File: super shieeet.png (263KB, 492x344px) Image search: [Google]
super shieeet.png
263KB, 492x344px
>>80962297
I got you senpai
>>
>>80962297
>>80962210
>>80962411
>>80962404
I gotchu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPuHQefF0xs
>>
>>80962374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjxzpSrFP4
>>
>>80962403
except whites are a majority in said nation not to mention motion pictures and film are a white art form.

its like saying Kintsugi is too asian
>>
>>80962206
They could direct him to play it more subtle. I would have liked to have seen Efron fresh off of High School Musical do Death Note. That would have made money. Warner Bros fucked up.
>>
>>80962442
The cuckolds at Netflix could've just gotten a better actor for the role.
>>
>>80951403
>Hmm wouldn't make as much sense to cast a white guy in Japan..
>Move it to the states!
>>
>>80962468
stop giving them money
>>
>>80947683
In any story the presence of a white character is always propaganda.

You can only appeal to them making every single character black. And no, if you make a woman white they will complaing regardless just like they did in Rogue One. Every single character has to be black or even better, muslim. Only if you do this, you are not racist (except if you are white since being white is racist per se).
>>
>>80947683
>They seem to have no problem with a black guy being cast as L
>Wolff is white and Stanfield is African American, causing some to question why Asian actors were not cast in the lead role
Did you even read the article?
>>
>>80962362
>honorable
>niggers
come on. There was one character that would fit. It was that strongman - Mr Satan or something like that. I could agree on him
>>
>>80953651
>Hoodie over the chair
What
>>
>>80962478
Or maybe people in the united states where its going to be shown don't relate to japan as much....

maybe the chinks should of not sold the rights like whores
>>
>>80962487
>Rogue One
It was such a good movie
>>
>>80962495
I'd say a lot of non-zulu tribals are pretty honorable.
>>
>>80962442
>>80962468
I would've preferred someone like pic related for the role. Even if the characters are really young in the anime, they tend to look much older. Jim Sturgess has that perfect childlike face yet adult aura about him. Plus Light's supposed to be really qt, if I remember correctly all the girls at school liked him and he was super popular for being a handsome genius who had his shit together. It was boredom that lead him to become a murdering psychopath.
>>
>>80962529
thats cherrypicking and you know it
>>
>>80962478
>Japanese films almost exclusively take place in Japan
>HOW DARE AMERICA MAKE FILMS THAT MOSTLY TAKE PLACE IN AMERICA!!!
It's funny how other races think that white people have to do everything for them. They don't want to make their own films, they want white people to make their films for them. They don't want to put in any of the work, but they want all the rewards.
>>
>>80954234
>>
>>80962179
>This is the first time in recent memory that I've seen a completely western adaptation of a japanese medium. Not only a japanese medium, but motherfucking anime. And not only motherfucking anime, but Death fucking Note.
Bro you looks like a guy that never, ever heard about DragonBall Evolution. Look it up.
>>
>>80962390
Yeah have though seen lights chin? generally speaking Asians do have flatter features. regardless light is by cannon japanese. A real life light would have probably looked something like this guy. Light definitely had above average looks and stood out. It's part of what helped him. They say attractive people tend to be more successful and others tend to like them more.
>>
>>80962567
Yes I do but it's still an example. Namekians seem pretty tribal anyway.
>>
>>80962571
It's funny how whites don't want to make their own stories. They'll wait until it becomes a success in another country and remake it with white actors.

>Stripped of the intellectual tone and pace
>Action scenes in Death Note

You can have your shitty cash grab, friend.
>>
File: cancer.png (487KB, 906x646px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
487KB, 906x646px
>>80962571
That's their ideology.
>>
>>80962430
How is this racist?
>>
>>80962680
It isn't, take it up with the bleeding vagina who uploaded the video.
>>
>>80962661
>It's funny how whites don't want to make their own stories.
Yes, because every single film is just a remake of foreign ones...
>>
>>80962661
>jews producing the movie
>white
>>
>>80962615
DB:E was eight years ago my man. And it wasn't a western translation of the media. It was literally a clusterfuck of trying to mix japanese ultraman-esque scenery and fights with western plot flow and western actors and it ended up being as if Power Rangers and DBZ had an autistic deformed child. It was a complete trainwreck, because it wasn't trying to adapt, it was trying to mix, to fuse two different worlds, and while I'm not saying it's impossible (we have great films like Speed Racer), in this case it was absolute madness and ended up being the most terrible thing ever.

This, if done right, could be pretty great.
>>
File: tmp_12404-images379835680.jpg (9KB, 257x192px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12404-images379835680.jpg
9KB, 257x192px
>>80962407
part of that is just how noses are typically drawn in anime. They tend to all be exaggerated like anime eyes are too. depending on the artist, anime features in general are varying degrees of unrealistic. You got many that draw these noses that curve up and super small that no human anywhere on earth matches that.
>>
>>80962706
THIS

every shit skins and their apologist have been so cucked they cant even attack the issue at its source because they live a world where they have to dance around never stepping off the farm.
>>
>>80962711
>This, if done right, could be pretty great.

That's doesn't matter in the end since people like you are gonna defend it anyways.
>>
>>80962711
>This, if done right, could be pretty great.
That's the point. It amy be too early to speculate, but the trailer already shows "action" on Deathnote
>>
>>80948803
I guess that's where they are going with this version of the character instead of straight up sociopath. Hidding behind a "good cause" but honestly just killing people 'cuz he was bored.
Honestly, black L bothers me more bucause it's clear from the just the few seconds we see of him in the trailer that his character will act literally zero % like the character from the just manga/anime and they'll just make him a edgy techno Sherlock or whatever. None of his autistic quirks will be present.
>>
>>80962722
no Japanese on earth have that euro of a skin tone either.
>>
>>80962442
Of course you do because you think Zac Efron is cute but this isn't your twilight adaption nor should riding the fan girl faggotry hype of high school musical be the tone a death note adaption should employ. I know death note has its share of fan girls but it shouldn't be turned into a shadow lame teen girl drama soap.
>>
>>80962812
Why do you think choice of actor sets the tone of the project? Heath Ledger wasn't know for playing dark roles but he killed it as The Joker. Efron had the right look and status. He could also act. He was a very strong choice for Light.
>>
File: oh_you.jpg (16KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
oh_you.jpg
16KB, 301x301px
>>80962834
>he killed it as The Joker
>>
>>80962773
And people like you are always going to say it's shit anyways. Life isn't black or white, friend. Either way, by the time it comes out I'll probably come here and express my opinion, so it doesn't matter if I defend it now or later. The wonders of imageboards is that they function like a hivemind, so anyone who has an opinion similar to mine will be considered the same person, now or later, whereas if my opinion changes I'll be considered a different person. Either way ur a faget.

>>80962791
This is what I'm most worried about. I understand making changes to the plot to make it simpler, but it should at the very least retain the slow paced "intellectualism" of the original. If they make it literally Fast & Furious with autistic children playing cat and mouse I'll honestly be angry.
>>
File: tmp_12404-images(2)-2130833841.jpg (6KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12404-images(2)-2130833841.jpg
6KB, 191x264px
>>80962545
This would be my pick for light as well. I think ben whitshaw might be a good l (pic related)
>>
no shit

this is why iron fist had 100 bad reviews before it even came out

the anti white kikes are extra salty since they keep getting btfo by mein fuhur Trump.
>>
>hollywood execs know that people are superficial as fuck and cast the people who are relatable to the largest demographic

Whose fault is this exactly?
>>
>>80962809
What? Many Japanese are paler than many whites I've seen
>>
>>80948687
My nigga
>>
>>80960176
If GitS does well then Akira is next
>>
>>80947683
CNN hates white people

not clicking that garbage
>>
>>80962901
that guy is not pale....

see>>80962616
Asians have a clear ethnic difference in skin TONES regardless of being pale
>>
>>80962834
Actually the only reason to pick Zac is that he looks exactly like light when he was rocking the same exact hairdo. Other than that, any other reasons are a stretch . His status, like many actors, could be a detriment and distract away from the work. This often happens with a list celebrities and when lesser known actors are picked, it often gets a performance more focused around the character and bit selling the star power. Zac isn't an exceptional actor. He got famous for being your high school crush on a Disney channel musical
>>
>>80962894
>almost all of those movies flop hard

Really fired my neurons.
>>
>>80962894
>Margaret QT as Misa
>Willem Dafoe as Ryuk

These were good casts at least.
>>
>>80962969
just stop. He's by canon Japanese just above average looking and blessed with many features that sound have made him stand out
>>
>>80962860
>And people like you are always going to say it's shit anyways

Well, people like have a ton and I mean, tons of examples to defend that posture. Your kind? Well... nice try.
>>
>>80963025
Cool story

except being Japanese does mean your race thanks nu-speak
>>
>>80962986
Willem Dafoe is good everywhere but that whore a good cast? come on
>>
>>80947683
They're not complaining because he's white, they're complaining because anime adaptations are universally shit.
>the media lies again
>>
>>80947683
Let's hope this and gits bomb enough so they go back to shit on videogames adaptations.
>>
>>80947683
What kind of selective bullshit is this, /pol/?
>They seem to have no problem with a black guy being cast as L
Yes they do. Everybody had a problem with that, but we knew about it like a fucking year ago. People already did the outrage and mocking over L's casting. They got it out of their system. You're either a racebaiter or the newest of all Reddit newfags OP, because if you had been on /tv/ for any time at all, you'd have seen all of those threads already.
>>
>>80963099
Can Netflix movie bomb?
t. someone who has never used it.
>>
>>80963154
post archive or shut the fuck up
>>
>>80963242
>Not only did I come here after July 2016, but I'm also too lazy to search the archives myself
You're a cancer
>>
>>80963319
nigger I am a original user who came from SA with moot after my tank is fight cuck.

HAHAHA
>I cant use the archive
>>
>>80960643
I don't want to see niggers in what I watch. They are ugly, and it fucking ruins everything.
>>
Did they unironically made L a nigger

please tell me this is a shit rumor
>>
>>80963777
>2017
>Anything being unironic

We live in the age of irony, nothing is real anymore.
>>
>>80953651
>his jacket is covering the chair
My sides
>>
>people saying white when it's a fucking jew
IT'S A FUCKING JEW
>>
>>80955000
they did, the only Asian in this world is Mikasa. Real fans know who the fuck they are unlike dumbass American SJWs who never batted an eye.
>>
>>80962362
Piccolo could be played by some serious nigger, Uub is the real nigger here.
>>
>>80960855
>fat people buys clothes on the internet
>gets angry when it arrives and they don't fit

wew lad
>>
>>80948623
In the original series all the characters are white, with German sounding names apart from one Jap.
Death note takes place in fucking Tokyo, with all Japanese characters.
>>
>>80962891
But Iron Fist was shit tho
>>
File: Humiliation.jpg (212KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Humiliation.jpg
212KB, 650x1000px
>>80947683
Come on, Light always looked more white than asian.
The problem of Light's casting isn't that he's white, it's that he's uncharismatic.
>>
A CNN journalist unironically went with that article without realizing what a hypocrite bitch it would make her appear. Little surprise that she turns out a nigger who just wants to fuck over white people.
>>
Why Netflix shows keep looking progressively more awful with each passing year?
>>
>>80947683
I can get behind that even though I don't care that much, but I really just didn't like the actor they choose in general. He looks like a crack-head version of Max Landis, not Light.
>>
>>80965505
L is british and I think many of the other L alligned people like Mello and his butler are british as well but I haven't watched it in years.
>>
If Light is so smart, why doesn't he use the Death Note on the jews instead of local criminals?
>>
>>80962986
>tattoo

Now I know how interesting of a person she is.
>>
>>80967225
L is something like Half Japanese half British, I think the others are just British.
>>
File: 1489984338537.png (197KB, 542x359px) Image search: [Google]
1489984338537.png
197KB, 542x359px
is there really no comment section
>>
>>80962141
its set as an post apocalyptic movie, worst choice ever, only to cut the budget so they can use generic grey city blocks which are comon inc asia.
>>
>>80947683
(((Fans)))
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.