[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth watching at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 16923352_957x1276.jpg (371KB, 957x1276px) Image search: [Google]
16923352_957x1276.jpg
371KB, 957x1276px
Is this worth watching at all?
>>
>>80930311
yes, then no, then yes again
>>
Watch the first episode and pretend like it's a short movie.
>>
>>80930370
What parts of it should I skip?
>>
>>80930489
all of season 2 at least.
the new season is good though, when Negan is on screen anyway
>>
All memeing aside, it's pretty worth it (the seasons that Netflix has at least; latest seasons are... less worth it).
>>
>>80930552
Won't I miss major plot points of the overarching story? Or are the seasons not that well connected
>>
>>80930311
No
>>80930649
kys
>>
First and maybe 2nd season were interesting. After that it became a soap opera with zombies in the background. Quit watching it long ago.
>>
>>80930715
It was always a soap opera with zombies in the background, from the very start.

>>80930696
>kys
Only if we go into that great beyond together.
>>
Season 1, and maybe season 2. Pretty meh all the way through
>>
>>80930687
They're all very connected. Despite what people say there's very little actual filler in TWD. Basically any time an episode is focused on character development rather than moving the plot, it gets called filler.
>>
>>80930687
you will, but the characters were so boring I was uninterested anyway.
I only stuck with it because I'm an idiot who likes zombies
>>
>>80930311
It's one of the best binge watches EVER, up there with Lost. Watching it on a week to week basis is what makes people think it sucks though, because there are a lot of cliffhangers and sometimes the story can move slow.
>>
File: 1488554174893.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488554174893.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>80930311
It had so much potential. SOOOOO MUICH POTENTIAL FUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>80930715
what the actual FUCK are you talking about.

The first 2 seasons had by far the most soap opera bullshit with the whole Rick/Shane/and Lori drama. Season 2 is the reason people call it a soap opera at all. After that it's much more focused on just survival and action.
>>
>>80930311
No. Now leave your own thread as it no longer interests you.
>>
>>80930759
in the beginning the zombie parts were legitimately spooky. Now zombies are butter.
>>
>>80930993
This thread is my baby. I'll take care of her and stay by her side til she 404's
>>
>>80930311
Season 1 is great.
With s2 it starts going downhill but still watchable.
S3 is shit and so is everything after that. I stuck around for two more season hoping for it to get better but it gets retardedlly bad.

My advice is to watch S1 and pretend it got cancelled after that.
>>
One of the greatest shows on TV. It explores the human condition in a way no other show does. So many episodes are pure kino.

It's very deep, but because it's so popular and a huge portion of its audience are retarded ADD children and normies it gets called slow all the time.
>>
Official TWD seasons power rankings:

1. #5 & #6 (tie)
-

Prove me wrong.
>>
Season 1 is great
Season 2 is good but not as great as the first.
Better stop watching after the second one. I wish I did but I watched till season 5 and still regret it
>>
>>80930489
Do it like I did. Season 1, couple eps of season 2, miss season 3, watch all of season 4, skip season 5, skip season 6 watch season 7
>>
>>80930311
>First Season
Easily the best, with the pilot being absolute kino. It was way more grounded at this time. A lot of the comic book stuff doesn't translate well to film, I think Cameron knew this in the first season so he had an entirely different idea for what he wanted.

>Second Season
*Some arcs that are ok, with about 80% of them being trash. The Shane arc is pretty good but the shitty thing is, in order to get the fully bounty off of it you need to watch every episode because it builds up the finale. But a lot of it is boring, honestly.

>Season 3
This is where the comic book stuff not translating well to film really becomes obvious. The Governor arc is cool-ish, I don't like the guy they got to play him though and also a lot of the extras completely sucked at acting.

>Season 4
This is actually pretty kino because some neat stuff happens with Rick and he isn't just action man. Also the Governor arc is resolved here, and it is pretty good.

>Season 5
Kind of trash in all honesty. This is when the show just starts throwing new characters at you left and right and most of them you won't care about. Especially Gabrielle.

>Season 6
This one is hit and miss, like most seasons. It is cool seeing them basically go from being nomads to civilized again. But there is a lot of filler. And I mean a lot.

>Season 7
Negan is introduced. Pretty good Season so far, only being saved by Negan. Most of the episodes are filler as fuck, and at this point only about 20% of the cast is likable. Also it constantly reminds you it is a show because Cameron can't pace it for shit so every episode feels like it is just biding it's time for the finale.

>Overall
All in all I'd give it a 7/10. There are better shows out there. If you really have a lot of free time sure go for it, but this fucking show loves wasting it's audience's time and making sure you feel obligated to come back just to see something get resolved.
>>
I shitpost while watching the new episodes, makes it more interesting.
>>
>all these posts saying season 2 is good

Darabont fags pls go. The first two seasons are garbage compared to the later seasons.
>>
>>80930835
t. Scott Gimple
>>
>>80931387
Season 5 was good nerd
>>
It's ambitious but a bit repetitive. The characters range from good to bad, but die frequently, so that cuts both ways. The effects are generally pretty good until you get to some of the stupid CGI stuff like the tiger. Overall its a mixed bad but its some of the best zombie stuff thats come out in awhile. It's main drawback is that sometimes the writers are retarded, and they do stupid shit like have Carl survive being shot 3+ times.
>>
>>80931118
kek
>>
>>80931468
I don't remember much about it so it wasn't any good.
>>
>>80931280
Why is your list upside-down, anon?
>>
>>80930311
If I had to pick a weak season it'd be the time on the farm.
>>
>>80930311
>2017
>not fearing the walking dead
>>
>>80930959
The comic and the first season of the game are the best thing we got out of the entire TWD universe and even they haven't exhausted all of its potential.
>>
>>80930489
Is this a meme? Because if you skip a season you're not going to understand who the Greene family is or what the deal with Morgan is or you're going to be a fucking retard saying Rick dating Michonne came out of nowhere.
>>
>>80930311
only the first episode is worth it
>>
>>80932872
FTWD was also kinda okay. The first 4 episodes of season 1 were great, same with the 1st and last episode of season 2.
>>
>end of the world situation
>daytime soap opera shit

Fuck no
>>
>>80930311
Yes, I think it is. Season 1 is really good, and Season 2 is hit-or-miss but it's also good.

I think if you treat the Walking Dead as a very short, 2-season show, you'll have a great time. I really enjoyed it, but it started to lose me once it hit season 3.

>>80930959
Did it really have so much potential? The entire zombie thing is a fundamentally limited idea. It takes so much suspension of disbelief on the audience's part, especially if you're using the classic slow, retarded zombies (the way The Walking Dead did). The zombies are so hilariously easy to run away from or kill that it's hard to believe how any character dies. Go back and watch any episode that involve somebody getting eaten by zombies. Ask yourself "if I was in that situation, and I just started sprinting, would I live?". Nine times out of ten the answer is yes.

What I would love to see is a tv show about 28 Days Later-zombies (fast, strong, semi-intelligent), set entirely in the United States. There would be genuine tension.
>>
>>80933057
>Did it really have so much potential? The entire zombie thing is a fundamentally limited idea
A world without law and constant threats from monsters and other humans has a lot of potential.
> It takes so much suspension of disbelief on the audience's part, especially if you're using the classic slow, retarded zombies (the way The Walking Dead did). The zombies are so hilariously easy to run away from or kill that it's hard to believe how any character dies.
The problem with the TWD zombies is that every person dying keeps increasing the zombie population by one and they tend to form herdes of dozens of thousend zombies. Not to mention the fact that they are literally everywhere because of all the people that fled the cities and died somewhere in a forest.
>What I would love to see is a tv show about 28 Days Later-zombies (fast, strong, semi-intelligent), set entirely in the United States. There would be genuine tension.
Such an infection would be easily containable within a single city or state.
>>
>>80931118
ecxellent bait. this gonna be the new copy pasta?
>>
>>80930311

No. It's fucking soap opera tier. All of it except for season one.
It' poorly acted, poorly paced for the sake of budget, full of retarded characters.
>>
Stop watching the show guys. You don't have a pistol to your neck.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.