[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: portlandia.jpg (139KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
portlandia.jpg
139KB, 620x350px
Nu-male core.
>>
they have several pretty funny skits
>>
>>80924744
I don't understand your point. You know the show is satire, right?
>>
>>80924819
This.

My friend HATED it before that clicked with him. They are lampooning libshitters, but not in a spiteful way. It's like boondocks for vegans.
>>
>>80924744

They're both liberals, yes. But the show is entirely about taking the piss out of liberals and the weird feel-goody shit they do.
>>
>>80924744
It's way funnier when people make fun of folks with their same political views. Take, for instance, King of the Hill.
>>
>>80925212
Fred Armisen once brought up in an interview that the people in Portland who had solar panels installed had facing the street. It was to virtue signal to the neighbors that they installed them. Regardless of whether it took in sun.
>>
>>80924929
>>80924744
How can someone be that stupid, and realize the point immediately?

Serious question, not just talking shit that's incredibly dense. Dumb people survive everyday I guess by the grace of god.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (45KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
45KB, 600x496px
>>80925669
This is very true, I call it the Big Bang Theory effect, although the concept itself predates the show by hundreds of years. Compare TBBT to IT crowd or Code Monkeys, 2/3 of these shows are about "nerd culture" but only one is a vehicle for a deranged religifag's signaling at how little he knows or cares about Star Trek/Star Wars or mental illness in general. The entire cast's goals are to "stop being nerds and get laid" and the girlfriend charaters take whatever opportunity they can to shit on fun.
>>
>>80926087
I dunno, I was confused for the first like 2 minutes. I think a lot of people get a first impression based on trivial details and refuse to reform that impression based on further learning.

The entire concept of a "first impression" is mostly bullshit. Mostly as in we really can't help judging based on things we've seen.
>>
>>80924819
It started off satire but I think it's starting to lose than touch. Past season 5 is nigh unwatchable, since the show became the very thing of which they made fun.

That being said Carrie gets hotter and hotter as the show goes on
>>
>>80924819
>You know the show is satire, right?

Let's be honest. The kind of person watching this is the hipster who tells himself that he isn't as bad as people like this but isn't far off.
>>
>>80924819
>>80926582
Thats exactly the point of this.

They make all the jokes that numales and liberal hipsters undertand because they are part of this culture.

I guess is difficult to understand because is not your usual "OMFG conservatives are evil" """""""""""""humor""""""""""""
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.