[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>music fans are happy to listen to the craziest most avant-garde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: 1484724832084.png (187KB, 573x495px) Image search: [Google]
1484724832084.png
187KB, 573x495px
>music fans are happy to listen to the craziest most avant-garde experimental music ever, some of it literally noise
>book readers gladly plow through difficult thousand page tomes and discuss the author's philosophy and technique
>gamers are always up to the challenge of a game that will kick their ass and requires heavy analytical skills to complete and understand
>weebs will read and write 5000 word essays on their favorite complex and confusing animes
>"movie buffs" get triggered at any movie that's slightly unconventional in any way and write it off as "pretentious artsy-fartsy shit"

Is this proof that film is the lowest artform to exist?
>>
>>80923999
videogames aren't art, but yes film is the lowest form of art.
>>
it is so fascinating that literally EVERY thread with pepe in the OP is shitposting garbage.

it has to be a bot, right?
>>
File: 1488384385451.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1488384385451.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>80924161
>>
>>80924097
Is television art? If so it has to be lower than film.
>>
>>80923999
>>music fans are happy to listen to the craziest most avant-garde experimental music ever, some of it literally noise
You mean like Taylor Swift?

>>book readers gladly plow through difficult thousand page tomes and discuss the author's philosophy and technique
You mean like Game of Thrones?

>>gamers are always up to the challenge of a game that will kick their ass and requires heavy analytical skills to complete and understand
You mean like Mass Effect Andromeda?

>>weebs will read and write 5000 word essays on their favorite complex and confusing animes
Weebs need to be gassed anyway.
>>
all music is literally noise,regardless of how pleasing it is or how well crafted its still noise by definition.
>>
>>80924517
i hope you didn't think this was clever
>>
File: hPBv84i.jpg (85KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
hPBv84i.jpg
85KB, 600x409px
Film is primarily a story-telling medium. If the story sucks, the film sucks.
>>
>>80924623
>Film is primarily a story-telling medium.
Haha meme
>>
>>80924517
all movies are just pretty pictures moving, regardless of how pleasing it is or how well crafted its still pictures by definition.
>>
>>80924728
Name 35 good films that don't have a story.
>>
>>80924623
>>80924728
But it literally is though...
>>
>>80923999
Majority of "music fans" are plebs, ask /mu/.

Majority of "book readers" are plebs, ask /lit/

Majority of "gamers" are plebs, ask /v/

Majority of "weebs" are autistic plebs, read one or two posts on /a/.

Majority of "movie buffs" are massive autistic faggotrons drooling over superhero garbage see >>>/tv/. Very first thing you'll read there will prove it.

On a serious note - check any popular movie-related YT channel you want. The history of cinema for most of them ends at 1975, at the very best 1971(Dirty Harry, I shit you not). People whine about critics like Egbert but as shitty and biased retard as he was("The Good The Bad The Ugly gets 3/5 because it's Italian western so I have to give it -1 to the score"), he knew his cinema, youtubers, who are much closer to the "movie buffs" are by comparison illiterate. They can make 30 minutes video talking about the wonderful depth of Demolition Man(kek) but names like John Ford or Humphrey Bogart are never mentioned on them.
>>80924623
>Film is primarily a story-telling medium.
No.
>>
File: andross pepe.gif (73KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
andross pepe.gif
73KB, 600x563px
>>80925257
>tfw no idea who humphrey bogart is but these homeless people i smoke with call me that because i hog all of their weed
>>
File: It's all over now.jpg (11KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
It's all over now.jpg
11KB, 255x247px
>>80924423
>"You mean like Taylor Swift?"
You mean, like one popular commercial singer in a sea of unknown and infinitely-superior musical groups and artists?

>"You mean like Game of Thrones?"
You mean, like one popular series of novels in a sea of unknown and infinitely-superior novels and writers?

>"You mean like Mass Effect Andromeda?"
You mean, like one popular commercial game in a sea of unknown and infinitely-superior videogames and videogame companies?

>"Weebs need to be gassed anyway."
Fuck, I'll have to agree with you on this
>>
>>80926627
>>80924423

whoa dudes

you're on 4chan but you hate weebs? that's some revolutionary shit right there

i'm seriously in awe

you guys aren't like the other people here man

i bet you have a unique sense of humor and varying uncommon interests, like many of the seasoned posters here, but aren't even virgins! i wonder if you're even... dare i say it... in shape? but that would be too much, if special snowflakes such as yourselves with your superior taste were THAT well adjusted

the only way you two could be any cooler is if you posted on reddit

i suggest you guys head over there to reach your maximum potential
>>
>>80923999
movies and tv are the 'easiest' form of entertainment so they actually have the biggest amount of complete idiots out of media demographics
just browse /tv/ for a while and see for yourself
>>
File: Ros.jpg (1MB, 2458x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Ros.jpg
1MB, 2458x3000px
>>80927316
An alarmingly-high percentage of those who watch anime and manga, have been deprived of the knowledge necessary to interact successfully with other human beings. Anime is nothing more than cartoons with featureless expressions, expressions that the audience often mimic and attempt to pass off as "socializing". More often than not, this is met with derision and scorn, as it should be.

Those who watch anime have not matured. They are stuck in eternal limbo between childhood and pubescence, completely unable to respond appropriately to others in the outside world. I suppose as long as they're contributing to society in some manner, shape or form by working a computer job from home instead of polluting outside with their awkward ugliness and foul scent, then I have no major issue with them.

>tl;dr: watch all the anime you want, manchild, but don't bring your stink anywhere near me
>>
we are hardwired to comprehend stories in a very specific way. Only hipster arthouse faggots cant grasp this simple concept and thus churn out unsuccesful indieshit after unsuccesful indieshit and blame the audience for not understanding "true art".
>>
File: 56207Donkey.png (35KB, 128x132px) Image search: [Google]
56207Donkey.png
35KB, 128x132px
>>80927523
>tfw spend almost all of my free time watching anime and still better looking than anyone who would unironically post this pasta

feels good
>>
>>80927884
Sounds like you've spent TOO much time watching anime, and need a checkup at the opthalmologist.
>>
>>80927919
not nearly enough desu

i have a long way to go
>>
>>80927823
yeah this is why some of the most famous literary authors of the last century follow completely non-linear and non-normative narratives
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.