[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do The Right Thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (130KB, 580x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 580x853px
Just watched this for the first time. Thoughts?
>>
>>80921025
I own it because of the 100 years of universal box set but never watch it. Is it any good?
>>
Pretty morally ambiguous, unnecessarily so. Spike Lee didn't come across as courageous enough to take a firm position with what he was trying to say and it's a film that makes its morality the centerpiece with its title and political references and themes.
>>
>>80921025
The best scene is when Sal is cleaning up the ruins of the restaurant. Spike Lee thinks that scene shows that Sal is a racist.

He clearly doesn't understand his own work! Sad!
>>
>>80921025
For a film about race relations in Brooklyn in the 1980s, it didn't mention Jews once.

Shocking.
>>
Fuck this movie and fuck niggers
>>
>>80922590
>After the 1990 release of Mo' Better Blues, Lee was accused of antisemitism by the Anti-Defamation League and several film critics. They criticized the characters of the club owners Josh and Moe Flatbush, described as "Shylocks". Lee denied the charge, explaining that he wrote those characters in order to depict how black artists struggled against exploitation. He said he could not make an antisemitic film because Jews run Hollywood, and "that's a fact".[11]
>>
File: Spike-Lee.-Do-the-Right-Thing-3.jpg (887KB, 1386x781px) Image search: [Google]
Spike-Lee.-Do-the-Right-Thing-3.jpg
887KB, 1386x781px
Man your Jordans are FUCKED up
108 with tax

https://youtu.be/jc6_XgtOQgI
>>
>>80921025
it made me more racist tbqh, even though Spike Lee wanted to achieve the opposite
>>
>>80922726
>Spike Lee is /ourguy/
what a TWEEST
>>
>>80921798
It's gonna make you hate blacks
>>
>>80921025
Loud and annoying.

Everyone in this movie is a retard.
There is a literal retard chanting malcolm x.
>>
>>80922726
>i'm not antisimetic because the kikes don't allow it

lol spike lee
>>
>>80922938

doesn't everybody already hate blacks?
>>
>>80923183
>There is a literal retard chanting malcolm x.

I have no idea what the purpose of Smiley's character was. Or many of the characters. Sometimes they added some nice accents for the film in building the world, but at the same time this felt like it could have been edited down by at least 20 minutes and not lost anything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.