[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Doctor is more like that replicator than he is like us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: j.jpg (188KB, 958x720px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
188KB, 958x720px
>The Doctor is more like that replicator than he is like us
What was her problem?
>>
She was too real.
>>
File: Tuvix.jpg (7KB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
Tuvix.jpg
7KB, 336x258px
TUVIX:
What you're considering is an execution. An execution! Like they used to do to murderers centuries ago. And I've committed no crime at all... Look at me, Captain. When I'm happy, I laugh. When I'm sad, I cry; when I stub my toe, I yell out in pain. I'm flesh and blood. And I... have the right to live!

DOCTOR:
I’m sorry, Captain, but I cannot perform the surgical separation. I am a physician, and a physician must do no harm. I will not take Mister Tuvix’s life against his will.

JANEWAY:
Very well, Doctor. Please step aside.
>>
>>80920172
Yet in the episode with the Vidiians she goes on a longwinded moralfag rant about how it's inconceivable and despicable to kill somebody to save another.
>>
>>80920257
Yeah, she's a fucking hypocrite. She just wanted Tuvok back, that's all there was to it.
>>
>>80920172
Tuvix was a murderer, his own existence was based on Tuvok and Neelix death and his refusal to go back was preventing their return.

The Doctor is an hypocrite who later on went and caused harm to the crew on a daily basis.

Janeway did nothing wrong and took care of her crew. She had the moral duty of helping Tuvok and Neelix if she could.
>>
>>80920920
Murder is a crime, not just an act. Tuvix was never charged with this crime, so it is by definition incorrect to call him a murderer - not that he COULD be charged with murder, seeing as he made no conscious decision to end anybody's life, nor did he even exist to make such a decision.
At best, we could call him a killer, and even then that's a massive stretch.

Regardless, Janeway's correct decision both ethically and logically was to keep Tuvix onboard. He ate half as many emergency rations as Tuvok and Neelix, took up half as much oxygen, used half the energy, etc, etc. He was also better than Tuvok and Neelix at either of their jobs, and he was also a member of the crew for over five weeks, complying with a duty roster and contributing to the ship. By killing him, Janeway was executing one of her own crew members you say she should be taking care of while also detrimenting her ship and the rest of her crew by reducing their chances to reach home.
>>
>>80921249
>he made no conscious decision to end anybody's life

he did by refusing to revert the process that created him

And even assuming we should all act like sociopaths like you and decided who should live and die based on how much they eat or how good they are at their job the fact that he refused to give back his life for other two people showed that in a crisis he would have only cared about himself and this makes him a liability
>>
Janeway is the best captain because she was willing to break rules and set aside her own morality for what she believed was best for the crew.

Jean Luc and James Kirk had Star fleet backing them, and if shit went south they could go back to the federation.

Sisko is a nigger so he doesn't count
>>
>>80921546
this
>muh prime directive
>muh starfleet regulations
none of it matters when you're stranded on the other side of the galaxy, Janeway had to break the rules sometimes

but Sisko is great fuck you
>>
>>80921404
>he did by refusing to revert the process that created him
That's not the same thing and I refuse to believe you don't know that.

>And even assuming we should all act like sociopaths like you and decided who should live and die based on how much they eat or how good they are at their job
I'm not saying that at all. You said that she did the right thing because she took care of her crew. I'm just illustrating the many ways that she did not.
Look at it this way. Morality vs Logic - which is the more important trait for a Starfleet Captain to have?
If Janeway needs to take a moral stance and not a logical one, then surely that stance would not allow to her execute an innocent crewmember, even if it means reviving two other innocent crewmembers.
If Janeway needs to take a logical stance and not a moral one, then surely that stance would force her to keep the superior tactical officer who also consumes less resources.

No matter which way you look at it, the right thing to do was allow Tuvix to live.
Now, don't get me wrong. You tell me to kill an innocent man to bring two of my loved ones back to life, there's a good chance I might do it. I think the same can be said of many people. That doesn't make it the right thing to do.

> the fact that he refused to give back his life for other two people showed that in a crisis he would have only cared about himself and this makes him a liability
You can't just decide that he's worth less than them and therefore deserves to be alive more.
And before you reply that I'm doing the same thing, I'm not. I'm not saying Tuvix is worth more, or Tuvok's worth more, or Neelix is worth more. I'm saying that whichever of them is alive deserves to be alive.
Killing Tuvix was wrong.
>>
>>80921546
>>80921546
Are you implying that Picard would kill Tuvix? Get fucked.
If Dax and Jake got combined, Sisko would definitely do it. In fact, he almost did when Curzon and Odo wanted to stay merged.

Picard wouldn't.
>>
>>80921997
>implying

if Wesley and someone else got merged he would

All the captains would fix their friends and would be right in doing so.
>>
>>80922051
Wesley? Eh, maybe. Good call.

>and would be right in doing so.
See that's where I can't get onboard. It's not right to kill an innocent person. It's very frustrating that this needs to be argued.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.