[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys use these? Thinking of buying a new tv, feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: smart tv.jpg (7KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
smart tv.jpg
7KB, 283x178px
Do you guys use these?

Thinking of buying a new tv, feel like there's no point of these since I have a chromecast. Do shows even stream in 4k regularly? Seen some 60" "dumb" tvs for like $350 that I feel like would be a better investment than new fangled smart shit.
>>
>>80917737
They take forever to turn on.
>>
>>80917737
I have one. I've seen calculators with more processing power than this piece of shit. It takes, and in being serious, over 3 fucking minutes to boot up and be ready to use.

The streaming is a nice feature but I barely use it.
>>
Buy a chromebox or whatever and hook them up to your tv
>>
>SHART TV
>>
>>80917737

Smart TVs are all secretly spying on you for the government . dont do it
>>
I got one, it's a nice thought but honestly not worth it at all. Your Tivo/Sky box can do p much everything and proccess faster than the TV.
Plus the 4K is too lossy to be that noticeable unless you get a 4k blu-ray. If you're desperate, just get a regular 4K telly, the 'smart' aspect just slows it down.
>>
>he doesn't own an 80" 8K OLED

It's like you guys want to watch films in their non-intended viewing quality.
>>
>>80919504

8k streams or content doesnt exist, enjoy your snake oil.
>>
>>80917737
I got on of that, but smart functuons arent very useful. Browser is slow crap. Too few apps, mostly only using its YouTube app. The media player is i think in the non smart version too.. so playing media from usb drive is fine. Not perfect tho, but at least knows subtitle files and the popular codecs.

Sonys TVs have Android, it could be a better option.
But more better is a seperate tvbox/minipc
>>
>>80917737
>no point of these since I have a chromecast
I sell TVs and smart is trash on even the most expensive TV. Chromecast is the way to go.
>>
>>80919504

>not QLED

It's like you're not even from a developed country.
>>
>babyboomers the thread
>>
File: monitor.gif (41KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
monitor.gif
41KB, 370x200px
>>
>literally every TV has built in useless features
all I want is a fucking oversized computer monitor
how hard is that to get?
>>
>>80919849

its not hard, just expensive ... because monitor panels are a lot higher quality than shitty TVs.
>>
>>80919473
it says so in the user manual too
>>
>>80919812
1992 OP here.

I have no issue embracing new technology but I literally don't see the point in spending an extra ~300 for features I'll never use since I have a PS4, Xbone, Chromecast, and PC.

What can a smart tv bring to the table that the others can't?
>>
>>80919959
I meant more in features
all my monitor has is basic color and picture settings, and video inputs
that's all a TV needs to be
>>
>>80919343
>>80917824
Probably because it is a computer. Though, 3 mins for a computer to boot up is stretching it.

>>80919473
All smart phones already do that, anon.
>>
>>80919561
You can get 8k on youtube and if you own a camera that has it.
>>
>>80919983
If you have all that stuff and you like your tv then you don't need a new one. I only got a smart tv because I broke my old one like a dumbass. The choice from the ones I was looking at was $350 for a 55" dumb tv or $400 for a 4k 55" smart tv. So why not get the smart one? I had regular tv as part of my cable plan but never used before getting the smart tv. I think the wifi and youtube made the smart tv the better choice out of those options.
>>
>>80919849
>>80919959
>>80920062
>tfw using a 3 feet wide Toshiba "tv" flatscreen as a monitor

1080p is the best it can do, but it works. Most shit that isn't a video game isn't even up to 1080p let alone over that.
>>
I only use my TV as a 2nd monitor from my laptop with a HDMI

TV itself sucks and blurays and dvds suck, but having a big monitor is cool
>>
>>80919561
That's wrong, but thanks for playing.

>>80919780
QLED is literally the poor-man's OLED. It's being produced as a competitor, but how it's produced, technology wise, is not as good as OLED. The only reason you'd ever get QLED is if you couldn't afford OLED. That's it.
>>
Can you even get a decent-sized TV that isn't a "smart" TV now? Seems to be the norm.
>>
>>80917737
I have one and the youtube and netflix apps are very convenient and I use ethernet so I get high quality (also HBO and Amazon apps)

but it doesn't have a twitch app which is annoying as hell

I would consider getting an android TV or some android media box or something instead. Check which content providers you want and which hardware supports it
>>
>using Samsung SmartTVs
*tightens tinfoil hat*

NICE TRY CIA
H-HAIL HYDRA
>>
>>80917737
Enjoy being spied on by the CIA buddy
>>
>>80917737

What's funny is I bought a Samsung "smart" tv a few years back. Now I just do all my streaming via a Chromecast connected via Ethernet. The software Samsung uses is garbage.
>>
>>80922136
>>80922055

Get a Chromecast with Google's Ethernet adapter. Twitch android app has cashing capability.
>>
File: 1454935667319.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1454935667319.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
Yeah sure let me just pay out the ass for an overpriced bloated piece of shit with useless fucking feature I'll never use. If there is one thing I really feel my TV needs, it definitely is bootup time, shit getting in the way of watching the fucking TV, and spyware.
>>
>>80922055
I use an old PS3 for the twitch app. Works fine.
>>
>>80917737
It's pointless, much better to use an external device for the same functionality. Some guy on Twitter got his smart TV hacked with some ransomware and LG refused to tell him how to factory reset it so it was practically bricked.

Don't know why you're bringing 4K into it since that has nothing to do with whether the TV is smart or not, but there's plenty of 4K stuff on Netflix and blu-ray if you're OK with shelling out for a 4K capable player.
>>
>>80922120
They have to enable your television during the manufacturing process to be able to do this. They could be very well doing it with every single smart TV but it's more likely they just intervene and do it when they know it'll pay off.

Also, if you don't think the CIA/NSA can spy on you anyway you're dumb. Snowden wasn't a revelation either. Anyone with a brain should know our government has had the capability to spy on us for decades.
>>
>>80917737
Buy it cause it will soon be mainstream and they're pretty cheap now.

They'll last a good 5-10 years.
>>
>>80922080
>>80919473
it only has microphone in the second controller, which you barely use, since it drains the batteries like hell.
also camera is only an extra accessory, and it's expensive as fuck anyway, so no sane man would buy it.
>>
>>80919504
>not owning a 100"

Pleb.
>>
>>80919504
>the matrian was mastered in 2K
>in 2016
Yeah dude you tell em
>>
>>80923698
>>80923540
and why bother with the tv when everyone on a smartphone has already agreed to give up all privacy with the normal TOS that come with the phone and all the apps
>>
>>80921965

It's heavier and cheaper.

Yet it doesn't get images burned in and the contrast for reds and greens is superior.

OLED is literally the iPhone of tv's.
>>
I have a 60" 4K Samsung Snart TV and it literally turns on instantly... don't know what y'all are tripping on
>>
File: 1448273953987.jpg (56KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448273953987.jpg
56KB, 406x480px
>>80919473

>tfw you hear muttering and coughing coming from your SmartTV
>>
File: welp.png (73KB, 577x524px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
73KB, 577x524px
>>80919473
>>80924122
>see some nice feet on tv
>get some butter, nutella and a grapefruit from the kitchen to masturbate
>get going
>suddenly hear gagging sounds coming from my SmartTV
>>
>>80924288
>just about to finish
>the TV's built-in camera flashes
>>
what do you guys use to watch TV? getting rid of U-verse
>>
>>80924393
my eyes
>>
>>80924288
>get new smart tv
>set it up
>later notice a shadow shooting back and forth across screen
>think new tv is fucked
>finally realize it's a spider

The bastards literally bugged my tv
>>
bought me one, a samsung smart tv like op's pic. their pretty good, I like it, never have to boot it up unlike the other turds who says it does.
>>
i've seen most nicely rated tvs be smart tvs i mean that's what is going on nowadays.
i have a regular one now but can't you just not connect it to the internet and still be good?
>>
>>80924604
Are you enjoying Weeping Angel?
>>
>>80924635
You still get the 3min boot-up delay.
>>
>>80923961
OLED isn't perfected, but it has the potential that QLED doesn't. (W)OLED = each pixel consists of (W)RGB LEDs = perfect contrast. QLED is just regular backlit panel with advanced LCD overlay, with the drawbacks these panels usually have such as poor viewing angles and light bleeding. The only LED part of QLED is the backlight, and the Q is just a marketing buzzword, they really shouldn't even be compared.
>>
>>80924534
How did you get it out?
>>
>>80925950
I got out or died someplace I can't see it. I was worried it would die behind the screen and leave a shadow forever.
>>
>>80926213
Probably laid eggs before it died, lad.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.