[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were those little flying creatures mini Rodan's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: kong'd.jpg (74KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
kong'd.jpg
74KB, 648x960px
Were those little flying creatures mini Rodan's?
>>
No they were birds
>>
Did anyone else laugh when the guy got grabbed and ripped apart by the birds? It was so fucking random and out of the blue I couldn't help it.
>>
>>80902378
That's actually a pretty cool poster. Is the movie actually as good as the poster makes it look?
>>
>>80902378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=54s

no
>>
>>80902886
The movie is a solid 7/10 if you're looking for arbitrary numbers.

It sets up Kong better than Godzilla's movie (2014) set him up. More action, slightly better characters(Though that wasn't hard) and better monster presence and fights.
>>
>>80902886
Its good
>>
>>80902886
If you like giant monster movies, it's A+. I liked the Godzilla movie, but Kong did a bit better by having Kong be in the movie practically the entire time, and despite there being a lot of plot around the characters, they aren't the important part of the movie, as their entire plotline revolves around them trying to get to the other end of the island (except for the soldiers, who are trying to kill Kong, and end up inciting the major monster fights ) Kong looked fantastic, and there was a lot of neat monster designs, plus a set up for releasing even more monsters into this cinematic universe
>>
>>80903751
>a lot of neat monster designs
Not really, pretty much all the "monsters" are bigger versions of existing animals. Bigger water buffalo, bigger squid, and bigger spider. I mean, I get it, the island makes the creatures bigger. The Lizard Snakes were lame, creativity wise(Same with the mutos in Godzilla)
>>
>>80903895
True, maybe I meant they were neat in motion and such.
>>
>>80903528
Stop. You are living cringe. This is so fucking pathetic and embarrassing, and no one thinks what you're doing is good.
>>
>>80902714
Yeah, I did. My gf wasn't a fan.

>>80902378
Literally just got back from this and it's most likely going to be one of my favourite Hollywood flicks of the year.

>Dat Shea Whigham subversion
>Toby Kebbel subversion
>That clear-cut style and clever direction
>Those FX
>John Goodman, Jackson and Whigham
>Literally only one woman in the film
>Dan Gilroy

Brie Larson did nothing for me though. Great film though, haven't had fun in the cinema for a long time.
>>
>>80902714
remember he was holding a briefcase and the black guy was like "is nobody gonna mention anything about the b'" and Huddleston cuts him off saying they have to keep going. what was so important about it? will it ever come up again?
>>
>>80902886
It's towing the average line but entertaining
>>
>>80904066
There two women though, one is a cutie asian
>>
>>80904102
C'mon, son! In a world of made-for-tv, lifeless, bland, rote and serious films, this was like a breath of fresh air. It had humour at the right times, it was subversive with how it handled death and the plot progression, great performances and most importantly, the style: it was energetic, well paced and had balls.

>>80904156
oh shit, that's right. Still, nice to have a 'masculine' film once in a while.
>>
The one issue I had in the movie was when the tracker had that scene of running through the poison gas, hacking at monster birds with a katana. It seemed really out of place.

I like that the old soldier survived the entire movie and even got to reunite with his wife and see his son in the credits
>>
>>80904281
Agreed, a few of those slow-mo shots, and that hacking scene were clearly for the 3d release.
>>
>>80902714
This legitimately pissed me off because it was so cruel and out of nowhere, like what the fuck.
>>
>>80903895
>whining about all the creatures being just bigger when kong himself is literally just a giant gorilla

also liked how you conveniently left out the log bug and others
>>
File: 1457831097898.png (9KB, 342x323px) Image search: [Google]
1457831097898.png
9KB, 342x323px
>>80902378
>Director Jordan Vogt-Roberts had expressed interest in doing a film about Marlow and Gunpei's time on the island, stating, "I keep joking that personally I'm more interested in doing a $30 million version of young John C. Reilly on the island. Just some weird, the odd-ball monster comedy with him and Gunpei."

Well?
>>
>>80902378

>It sets up Kong better than Godzilla's movie (2014) set him up.
BULL SHIT
There was no fucking setup for King-Kong, you see him within the first minutes. He was nearly oversaturated to the point I didn't care to see him anymore.

Godzilla didn't get shown enough, but everytime I did see him, I got chills.
>>
>>80906990
Neither film gets the happy medium better, but Kong comes closer than zilla.
>>
Why didn't they show his tail lighting up in the last bit of the end credits scene
>>
>>80904004
no, that'd be you. You have shit taste, please kill yourself. I can't fathom someone liking Kong: Skull Island that doesn't have a mental disability.
>>
>>80902714
reminds me of when Katie McGrath got rip to shreds by a pterodactyl in Jurassic World.
>>
>>80905560
Well, yeah I could have mentioned them but I didn't because I'd figure people would understand the point. And Kong is lame too, don't know why they made a movie for him.
>>
>>80905560
Log bug, birds from Jurassic park and smaller versions of snake-lizards? Wow, so much diversity of creatures. And their designs are also so creative.
>>
>>80906376
This really should have been the movie.
>>
>>80903895
I like it more than the dinosaurs. The presentation of the squid and the spider was great.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.