[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milikino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (58KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 300x431px
More like this?
>>
>>80900764

"More like this" isn't even a real sentence.

13 Hours was a bad movie. If you want to watch bad movies, you can pick pretty much anything off your local video store's budget shelf.
>>
File: 1467732559501.jpg (65KB, 1200x698px) Image search: [Google]
1467732559501.jpg
65KB, 1200x698px
>>80900953
>13 Hours was a bad movie
>>
>>80900764
Jar Head 2 is an underrated gem.

>>80900953
Shut your whore mouth and go back to watching queer crap while the men are talking, faggot.
>>
File: Hillary Let This Happen.webm (976KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Hillary Let This Happen.webm
976KB, 1280x536px
>>80900953
>>80900998
>>
>>80901012

I heard the Jarhead sequels were utter trash.

I also coincidentally rewatched Jarhead the other night.
>>
>>80900764

Felt very Blackhawk Downish
>>
>>80900764
Blackhawk Down
Deerhunter
Three Kings
Stripes
The Last Detail
>>
>>80902347
>Three Kings

Fuck yes this.
>>
>>80900764
hurt locker
zero dark thirty
american sniper

All shit, please yourself
>>
>>80902347
You forgot Siege of Jadotville
>>
File: 1489810656883.jpg (35KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1489810656883.jpg
35KB, 374x374px
>>80902347
>Stripes

I like Murray and Ramis, but come on...
>>
>>80905925
Siege of Jadotville could have been good had they focused less on the town getting blown to shit by the mercs and more on the mercs getting mowed down by the hundreds. The lopsidedness of the battle didn't really come through that well the way they filmed it.
>>
>>80902347
>three kings

Goofy shit for pogs
>>
>>80907738

11B here. I love you, you beautiful bastard.
>>
>>80900764
Lone Survivor maybe
>>
>>80907797
t. person with a sub 50 GT score
>>
>>80907861
ASVAB is so damn easy anyone under 120 GT could probably be technically classified as a retard.
>>
>>80907917
lol, I think that's taking it a bit far.

It always blew my mind that there were people actually using that course to improve their GT score.

So you are an 11B with a 120+ GT? If so you are literally the first infantryman I've ever met with a triple digit GT. I didn't know too many 11B's though, so maybe there's more of you than I thought.
>>
>>80908105
Actually no I'm not that guy, I'm a 13D, 144. I too was appalled to even find out there was a course for improving the GT.
>>
>>80908209
>144

Fuck that's high. I was a 35P in the high 130's (I want to say 137). I'm curious to know the actual metrics by which they assign those scores though, because I've met some people who scored similarly to me who could easily pass as a semi-functional retard.
>>
>>80908407
Yeah I'd like to know too, especially since while I was in I could never find anyone who could conclusively tell me the *max* possible GT score. There was hearsay around my units of a couple intel lads who had higher GTs than me, but even then I never heard of anything over 150.
>>
File: Tae-Guk-Gi.jpg (454KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Tae-Guk-Gi.jpg
454KB, 1000x1500px
>>80900764
>>
>>80908407
Also, WLC indicated to me that the intelligence standards in the military were a lot lower than I had previously realized.

Granted most of the people in my class were POGs, but still, I could count the number that could successfully set up an ambush on one hand, and that shit is crazy simple.
>get the squads in position on-line
>first three dudes of enemy element appear on road
>far right fire team opens up without orders
>rest of ambushing element has to maneuver just to get a shot
literally wtf, is it intelligence, or just a discipline issue? Idk.
>>
>>80908533
Yeah, the max is foggy if it exists at all. I was in 5 years and never met anyone with a higher GT that me, but a couple people supposedly knew people who scored in the 150's (probably bullshit).

>>80908588
This is actually a pretty solid film. One of my favorite Korean movies easily.
>>
>>80908759
>WLC indicated to me that the intelligence standards in the military
My experience was the same. Granted, I was the epitome of a POG, so I didn't know a lot of the shit offhand, but it was way harder for people than it should have been. I was essentially forced to go and subtly tried to fuck up intentionally yet still made commandant's list.
>>
>>80908798
Yeah, I took loads of shit for my GT score, mostly from NCOs who I suppose were jealous or something.

Also, jelly of your MOS, I wanted 35 series but that shit was on lockdown the whole time I was trying to get in.
>>
>>80908995
If I had to do it all over again I probably would go infantry/combat medic. 13D seemed interesting when I signed up but the reality is it's boring as all hell. I found out during my time that high speed infantry shit was what I really wanted to be doing all along.
>>
>>80909050
It seems the enlistment of 35 series all work on this bizarre schedule where the Army realizes they are not pulling enough 35's, so they pull way too many 35's, then they realize they have too many 35's, so they stop pulling any 35's, then they realize the don't have enough 35's and then they repeat this over and over again.

I never technically even did 35P work because of this, I did 35T work for a while and then 35N work the rest of the time. But no complaints, it was pretty fun, plus I got to spend 2 years in Monterey, CA essentially going to college to learn a language.
>>
>>80909327
>but the reality is it's boring as all hell
In my experience and from talking to others every job is boring as all hell in reality lol.
>>
Alternatively, this thread could have started with the tried and true "what are some God bless America movies".

These shits are just pure cringe from beginning to end. Glorifying killing and dying for a bunch of old men who don't even know you exist is about the most cucked thing you could ever possibly do. These films are like two hour commercials for the army. Sad!
>>
>>80909369
Dang, that's a pretty slick assignment.

I kind of got lucky as well I think, in that the amount of 13D work I did was limited also - somehow I ended up in headquarters batteries from the get-go, and at my first posting in Korea the BN commander found out about me and personally dragged me into his office for questioning.

I spent most of the rest of my time there driving the LTC and Major around in an air-conditioned humvee, which was awesome because Korea is fuckass hot in the summer and there were only a few vehicles in the whole unit with working A/C, so I got to sit around around and watch cool shit like joint artillery exercises with the ROK. Even got to go into a ROK arty commander's HQ, where everyone was served tea. Pretty cool for a mere lower enlisted gig, I think. That particular BN CMDR even put me on a tasking usually given to Captains for a while. It didn't last long though because I literally didn't have enough rank to properly do the job (officers wouldn't listen to me or cooperate with me so shit got kind of dramatic.)
>>
>>80909661
>Dang, that's a pretty slick assignment.
That's how 35P works, first thing you do after basic is go to Monterey to learn whatever language you are assigned. Plus I joined in 2011 before all the super-strict TRADOC rules came in so I actually got to drink and shit.

>and at my first posting in Korea
The language I learned as a 35P was actually Korean, and I spent a year at Camp Humphreys in Korea. After that though I spent 2 years at Fort Drum, which is fucking awful.
>>
>>80909896
Camp Humphreys? Nice. I recall them having a pretty nice KSB, I only got to go there a couple times though. I was in Hovey.

After that I went to Fort Stewart, which I can't imagine was any better than Fort Drum (fun fact, at one point I volunteered to PCS to Drum because I had a bunch of friends in upstate NY.)
>>
about the last 40 minutes of zero dark thirty
>>
File: elite_squad.jpg (114KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
elite_squad.jpg
114KB, 511x755px
>>80900764
The elite squad movies are good if you wanna see operators operate. The first film is better though don't let the reviews fool you
>>
File: 6.jpg (118KB, 751x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
118KB, 751x1000px
>>80900764
Haven't watched this yet but also looks bretty good
>>
>>80911650
i watched about the first 10-15 minutes the other week and it was corny as shit
>>
>>80908407
>>80908533

Your General Technical score just represents how good you are with words and numbers, if I recall correctly. Remember how the ASVAB had like six parts: Arithmetic Reasoning, Paragraph Comprehension, Mechanical junk, etc? GT takes just Arithmetic Reasoning, Vocab, and Paragraph if I recall correctly. Similar to the AFQT, which does percentiles based on the four basic numbers and words, also if I recall correctly.

No idea what the highest possible is. I got highest possible 99 on the AFQT, and I ended up with a 147.

t. former 11B
>>
>>80911650
It is decent. More in lieu with Strike Back but less entertaining and the scenes back in the US were boring except for Bear's.
>>
Does anyone have the pathetic Jenna Fischer copy pasta

Where she's all old and used up , and she had a chance with krasinksi and now she's homeless or dead career something like that
>>
>>80912356
no please don't kick her while shes down.
>>
>>80911967
are you me? I also made it 10 minutes in and decided it was complete trash

Could have been really good
>>
>>80908759
>WLC

Fuck leading PT and fuck giving proper military classes. I'm convinced the class teaching method in the military is the cause of all the suicides.

Thank god i got that shit done years ago. It's called blc now or some shit and is 3 weeks long.
>>
>>80909400
it is all boring as hell

>What MOS are you?
>motor pool
>no, what is your occupation?
>motor pool
>>
>>80912496
Lol yeah the only parts of WLC that were worth a shit were the tactical exercises, those actually weeded out the tactically capable soldiers from the ones that were pure POGs and nothing but POGs.

>>80912544
Spot on. Thank god I will never set foot in a motor pool again, I wish I could get back the hundreds of hours of my life I wasted there...

>>80912159
Interesting breakdown. I never took the AFQT but my ASVAB percentile score was 99. Maybe someday Neil Degrasse Tyson could do a scientific short film about how these tests work? Lol.
>>
>>80908407
>35P

what exactly do you guys do?

sift through foreign comms and monitor intel nets?

25C here
>>
Mil thread on /tv/?

>12R
>Go to BLC
>It's literally 3 weeks of Powerpoints going over everything in SSD1
>It's literally SSD1 in class form with a few field exercises thrown in

The hardest thing about it was not falling asleep. And it's all for nothing because E5s are just E4 supreme in this unit anyways
>>
Why are all japanese war movies about ww2? Why is there no historical epic about the shoguns or warring states period?
>>
there can only be one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgaULlp7y9M
>>
>>80909628
you obviously haven't seen it.
>>
>>80900764
Executive Decision
Under Siege
Attack Force
Maximum Conviction
Sniper Special Ops
>>
>>80915832
>It's literally 3 weeks of Powerpoints

Basically 90% of mil courses now.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.