[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arrival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: arrival-poster-venezuela.jpg (1MB, 1500x2340px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-poster-venezuela.jpg
1MB, 1500x2340px
Well that was shit.
>>
>>80899359
First 2/3rds is pure kino, alien discovery. No bullshit either. I really liked it.

Last 1/3 is typical Hollywood jewry, conventional shit that detracts from what came before.

All in all a decent sci-fi, perhaps the best of the year (though that is not saying much).
>>
>>80899487
Agreed. Started well then went to shit. Some nice photography.
>>
>>80899359
You can just fix this shit by making it 45 mins shorter. You could guess the ending after 30 minutes in
>>
>>80899359
you right

>>80899487
but that ruins the whole movie, because it was all for nothing.
>>
>>80899487
This. The learning to communicate part was objective kino. I wish the film had been all about that.
>>
File: p_101528432.jpg (37KB, 332x353px) Image search: [Google]
p_101528432.jpg
37KB, 332x353px
>>80899487
>First 2/3rds is pure kino

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???

fucking plebs man we need to erase the fuckers
>>
>>80899773
yeah, there's no payoff. Everything good is in the first 70 minutes. You could turn it off right there and say that was a great, if rather mysterious kino.

In wonder if you could work out the angle without seeing the last third. Might have made a great film.
>>
>>80899359
Aliens in South America? They are fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzOCnkOXpM
>>
File: science.jpg (41KB, 680x630px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
41KB, 680x630px
>>80899833
What do they refer to it as on reddit?

Oh wait..
>>
>>80899833
Kino means is was excellent in all respect. Well cast, well acted, well shot. Cinematography is perhaps the most important aspect of what is kino. But it is by no means the only thing.

Snyder is kino, for example, even if some of his movies are critically panned.
>>
>>80899897
>Kino means is was excellent in all respect.

Kino means nothing you pleb. It's a fucking meme word. Using it in an ACTUAL serious sentence is fucking retarded.

>muh its pure kino

Y'sound like fuckin retards guys.
>>
>>80899487
This.
Them actually going through the process of trying to just communicate with them was amazing. The last act is the only part that falls flat from the usual tropes.
>>
>>80899359
Kind of a slaughterhouse 5 ripoff desu
>>
This film tried to be a more complex Contact but just ended up being boring and pretentious

>DUDE CIRCLES LMAO
>>
>>80899359
You must know only one language
>>
>>80899487
You're mostly right, but I think you're overvaluing the first two thirds.

It's pretty much all sci-fi. No relationships, no emotion. Louise is a shit character and the attempts to humanize her with Renner fall totally flat. Like, hiding her only trait behind a gimmick/twist totally kills the possible emotional investment in he story.
>>
>>80900008
>guys

Who are you talking to?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.