[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the great wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: the great wall.png (416KB, 711x293px) Image search: [Google]
the great wall.png
416KB, 711x293px
please someone tell me what the fuck I am watching
>>
Kino
>>
300 in China
>>
High budget, low effort and going 120% over the top praising ancient Chinese technology as required for every Holly-Sino crossover abomination but it doesn't matter because China has 1.4 billion people who just became middle class
>>
>>80889188
surprisingly accurate
>>
A half-assed attempt at soft power.
>>
why is Jing Tian in every hollywood attempt at making it in china? everyone in china hates her, exactly for this reason
>>
>>80889496
The Great Wall wasn't hollywood attempting to making it in """"china"""", it was """"China"""" attempting to make it in America.
>>
>>80889496
>>80890927
both wrong, they thought it was a good idea to put hollywood people in their chink movie so more chinks will watch it. Backfired, chinks don't give a shit about chinks they just want full blown out Murica Monster Truck Transformer Man and Friends. No chinks.

>>80889016
watch some parts, I laughed my ass at that moment you captured. All the weapons and tactics and they come up with throwing women as bait with a fucking spear, against 400 cgi bachelor frog monsters. WTF? And the best part is when they show how many belts with blood they are collecting from every woman they loose to that stupid ass shit.
>>
>>80889016
The battle in the fog was a great idea.
The monsters have been hit with arrows with small whistles that make noise when they move. Matt Damon has to go down the valley while everything is quiet and he has to guess from where the attacks will come from. Great sequence.
>>
>>80891234
it actually seems too ridiculous to be for real, like this whole thing is just elaborate satire.

It makes actually even less sense to make a Chinese movie that feels like a hollywood attempt at a chinese movie.
>>
>>80891234
>Backfired
Box office: 327.2 million USD
Budget: 150 million USD

granted it's bad, but it makes money
>>
File: 1489602553711.jpg (83KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1489602553711.jpg
83KB, 736x981px
>>80889016
That scene was the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. The rest of the movie was watchable at least.
>>
>build wall for defense
>hang women from a rope upside down outside of the wall to fight enemies
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>80891665
you are forgetting about publicity money, which is roughly another 100-150 millions
>>
File: TheGreatWall[1].jpg (153KB, 590x875px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatWall[1].jpg
153KB, 590x875px
>>80892711
They clearly pulled way back on the marketing once the realized they had a turd on their hands.

I mean look at this shit.
>>
100% accurate Chinese history

Hollywood Three Kingdoms movie when?
>>
>if the red ones are the infantry and the green ones are the archers... what are the blue ones?

>blue one bungie jumps off the side of the wall with a spear

>... oh, they're the stupid ones

this movie desperately needed mst3k
>>
>>80893148
>What were they trying to keep out?
>MATT DAMON

brilliant
>>
>>80891665
this >>80892711
It seems that it made money but not even nearly as what they projected it. They thought "re iron murica man makes sum coins, transformurs make bank, grorious chinaman epics are well liked all around, let's put everything in same movie and make avatar money" and no, that's not how it works.
>>
>>80891627
>It makes actually even less sense to make a Chinese movie that feels like a hollywood attempt at a chinese movie.
but it isn't, it's just a chinese epico movie that somehow has an all american hero saving the day.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.