[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/got/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 40

File: IMG_20170325_191330.jpg (280KB, 1242x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_191330.jpg
280KB, 1242x1180px
TWoW is never coming edition
Previous >>80843107
>>
Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright
>>
First for Jonsa.
>>
File: HAM.png (193KB, 422x324px) Image search: [Google]
HAM.png
193KB, 422x324px
Anyone else here a ham enthusiast?
>>
>>80887351
>>80887499

the most egregious part of the whole thing (afterall, no one can prove that Cersei did it besides Qyburn) is that she has herself crowned upon Tommen's death. Absolutely no one at court would be ok with that. No Lord still sworn to the crown would see that as legitimate. She could get away with running Casterly Rock, but she has absolutely no business on the throne.

On that subject, how fucking retarded is the whole Tyrion thing. He was found guilty of murdering the king, and even if you wanted to ignore that, anyone in King's Landing (and beyond, as a matter of fact) knows that he killed Tywin. So not only is he disgraced and disinherited, he's also an admitted kinslayer. Now go back to the speech about Jorah "you cannot have this man by your side when you go to Westeros!" Yeah, Jorah Mormont, a small ass minor as fuck house, 20 years in the past. Barely anyone outside of major players would even give a fuck or know who he is. Shit writing. Shit plot. Shit shit shit.
>>
>>80887452
Stannis the faggis
>>
>>80887452
Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ
>>
>>80887574
Remember the retarded excuse they came up with that couldn't give him a peach.
>>
Best character coming through
>>
>>80887452
show version
>DON'T LET RAMSAY TRICK YOU JON! HE'S GONNA TRICK YOU! DON'T GET TRICKED!
>>
>>80888048
>Khaleesifriend here guys tee-hee. Mother of dragons? More like mother of BADASS, am I right? ^_^
>>
>>80888090
>>>/normiemedia//
>>
>>
File: 1464735010145.jpg (69KB, 504x797px) Image search: [Google]
1464735010145.jpg
69KB, 504x797px
>>80888053
truly a mind trick queen and an intellectual to be reckoned with
>>
>>80888090
only if she's a blackfyre. otherwise meh
>>
>>80887452
stannis the faggis
>>
>>80888171
>the best set of tits in GoT never got shown
Why live?
>>
Azor Jaqen
>>
when will this garbage fire start again and how bad have they fucked up this time? Any juicy leaks?
>>
>>80888181
I want to cuddle with her... don't care if ded
>>
>>80888666
Azor Sam.
>>
>>80887452
Second for JaqAry.
>>
File: Tony is a beast.webm (3MB, 1280x740px) Image search: [Google]
Tony is a beast.webm
3MB, 1280x740px
>>80888672
just realised that a peasent psycho got an onscreen death and their body shown a whole season later but they didnt do that for a major character of one of the central noble houses
FUCKING D&D I HOPE THEY GET CANCER
>>
>>80888776
who cares..fuck faggis baratheon
>>
Reminder: Bran, Theon, Quentyn, Euron, Davos, Jon, and Victarion are all in service to The Great Other.

Double reminder the Iron islander's religion of drowning people is just a false pretense so that The Great Other can contract more people to her services by making as many people go under near death experiences at once. Also this is more than likely how The Others were made.
>>
File: qtpi myranda.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
qtpi myranda.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>>80888181
>>80888672
>w-what do you mean, my Lord, we are not getting married anymore? have you found a better woman than me?

what do
>>
File: IMG_2103.jpg (150KB, 589x914px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2103.jpg
150KB, 589x914px
>>80888666
Jaqenposter got 2x trips!
Azor Jaqen confirmed!
This the third time!

The Many Faced God.
>>
>>80888916

Also, Euron Greyjoy has partially transformed into an Other. The eye hidden beneath his eyepatch is blue.
>>
>>80889053

No it's not. It's black, and apparently red at times too, though that could have just been part of Aeron's shade of the evening trip. I forget.

Also he wears a set of Valyrian armor. If anything Euron would try to imprison and rape an Other

kys
>>
>>80889053

Roose too or he may be half and half or is staving off the transformation in some ways. There's definitely a connection between him and Craster somehow.
>>
Azor Stannis
>>
>>80889215

More likely Craster is descended from a bastard Stark.

Why are there so many retards in this thread?
>>
>>80889215
An cute cold immortal being? Roose Bolton or should I say: Bolt-on?
>>
>>80888171
she was so qt, pure and innocent then.

now she probably believes the patriarchy made her do this
>>
>>80888916
Bran, Jojen and Euron 100%. Others are speculation but definitely have gained interest since you've mentioned them.
I see Bran and Jojen as unknowing due to not understanding what they're really dealing with but Euron is one of a kind. If he didn't have a near death experience it wouldn't surprise me if he sought it out, wilfully is working in service or looking to one up and use the great other.

But can definitely say with certainty he wants to cause armageddon so he can rule over what remains aka a feast for crows.
>>
>>80888924
Trebuchet Sansa away, marry Kennelfu
>>
>>80889809

How is Jojen in service to the Great Other when he was murdered by the Children and fed to Bran in a ritual ceremony?
>>
>>80889809

Imagine if he causes a grand mass apocalypse event like the Doom or what happened in Hardhome, would The Great Other be able to take in people who are facing destruction and subjugating them into contracts with her?
>>
>>80889925

All depends on how many people would be left for Euron to rape. Don't think he would go for it if we're talking complete destruction.
>>
Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?
>>
>>80889920
the great other appears to people on the brink of death and engages in a faustian deal with them for extended life.
jojen was dying of greywater sickness when the great other appeared to him. he was living on borrowed time.

the nights king lost his soul when he gave his soul to the nights queen. as did bran. read brans chapter after the tower fall and he's in some other dimension being propositioned to either fly or die. he feeds his seed to the crow and is then able to fly. but the crow drills into his forehead and opens his third eye so from there he has dreams etc of the crow which can then manipulate his path.

jojen was on the brink of death but was given second life. his goal was to get bran to the children. he was living on borrowed time and when he succeeded in his service there was no longer any use for him so he is killed.

>>80889925
those that are unknowingly recruited are recruited for the cause of the apocalypse. those recruited aren't aware that they're in service of the great other but I see it as a master of puppets trying to bring an end to life while the lord of light is around for life, warmth etc.

the lord of light being a bastardisation of the old gods / fertility god.

lord or light masculine force

great other feminine force
>>
>>80890045
because you're a retard
>>
>>80890045
Why do you post this in every thread?
>>
>>80890239

>the nights king lost his soul when he gave his soul to the nights queen

according to myth.

>he feeds his seed to the crow and is then able to fly.

forced connection

>so from there he has dreams etc of the crow

there's a good argument to be made that the crow is in fact future-Bran.

In his first vision, the crow is present, but does not have three eyes, until the crow "opens" Bran's third eye, then the crow has three eyes. In this same vision, the Weirwood tree is present, and gives him a "knowing" look. The Weirwood is Bloodraven imo. When Bran gets to the cave, Bloodraven does not say he is the three-eyed crow. Bran asks him, and he says he's been many things, and a man of the night's watch. He never says that he is the three-eyed crow.
>>
>>80887549
crack ship and nothing more.
>>
File: IMG_2617.jpg (33KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2617.jpg
33KB, 300x462px
>>80890045
Jaqen H'ghar, born in the free city of Lorath, was a Lorathi criminal who later emigrated to Braavos to become a Faceless Men. After getting the Braavos citizenship, he began the training in the House of Black and White.

Jaqen H'ghar is Lorathi-Braavosi former criminal turned Faceless Men.

But why was Jaqen a criminal?
Why did he emigrated to Braavos?
Why did he became a member of the Faceless Men?
Does Jaqen still have relatives? Other H'ghar brothers and sisters?
Does Jaqen H'ghar work-out? Hobbies?
>>
I dont know why but I kinda like Roose Bolton, he is one of my favorite characters. I hope he survive the siege of Winterfell
>>
>>80891159
rape
>>
House H'ghar
>>
>>80891159
the most notorious rapist across planetos
>>
Arya Stark
>>
>>80891781
yes! that is a character in the story! good job retard!!!!!!!
>>
>>80891781
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>80887585
>"you cannot have this man by your side when you go to Westeros!"
wasnt that about daario, not jorah?
>>
>>80891876
Thanks alot faggot
>>
>>80887600
shut your whore mouth
>>
>>80891953
>Dumb frogposter.
Are you blind or stupid or both?!
Do you see any Pepe, dumd virgin.
>>
>>80887452
Daily reminder that Preston is a introvert virgin fuck who invests his entire life into a fantasy series.

His first encounter with a female:
"I stole a woman's Ironborn soup because she didn't pay the iron price for it, and she in turn stole mine""

The only people who watch Preston are people who also unironically browse /tv/ and think its a great place for rational and intelligent discussion.

Weekly reminder that it was confirmed that Preston browses the /got/ generals. (unironically obviously.) Sad!
>>
>>80892100
Bad (or sick) guy!
>>
>>80892098
Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>80891781
Jaqen H'ghar
>>
>>80892138
Newfag? Been posting on 4chan since December 2015. Cry more homo
>>
>>80892186
>since 2015
>not a newfag
You obviously haven't been posting in /got/ for very long.
>>
>>80892259
Like I give a flying fuck, stay mad butthurt TVfagposter
>>
>>80892139
jaqen r'aper
>>
So Arya killed Poliver, Meryn Trant, Waif, Walder Frey, who else was there on her list.
>>
I'm checking in here every couple of months to ask the same question:

HAS THE FAT FUCK MOVED WITH HIS BOOK ANYWHERE?

OR IS HE STILL AT PAGE 2!?
>>
>>80892740
>he thinks The Winds of Never Ever will get released in our lifetime
kek
>>
>>80892740
Author, Author, Author, Author

Mar. 25th, 2017 at 3:08 PM
cocteau
We love writers at the Jean Cocteau Cinema, and April is going to be one of our biggest months ever for author events, with no less than four of them scheduled.

First up, on Sunday April 2, we'll be hosting the editors and contributors for the GUNS, an original anthology about... yes, you guessed it, guns. Editor Gerald Hausman will be joining us for the evening, together with writers Trent Zelazny, Jane Lindskold, M. Scott Momaday, Rebecca Godfrey Poe, Peter Lauritzen, Peter Eichstaedt, Jim Terr, and Alice Carney.
One week later, on Sunday April 9, we'll once again be hosting one of our favorite people, the one and only CONNIE WILLIS. Connie's got a new book out: CROSSTALK, her long-awaited romcom, and as usual it's a delight... as is she. Of course, we'll have her other books as well, the many Hugo- and Nebula-award winners, and the one or two that were only runners-up.
Just a few days later, on Saturday April 15, we will have the honor to host one of New Mexico's own treasures, JOHN NICHOLS, the author of THE MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR. There's never been a writer who captured the soul of northern New Mexico like Nichols, and the Jean Cocteau is thrilled to have him.
Last but not least, JOHN SCALZI will be hitting town on Monday, April 17, with his new novel THE COLLAPSING EMPIRE. (And rest assured, we'll have his older books on hand as well, including his Hugo award winning REDSHIRTS).
Remember, the Jean Cocteau has only 130 seats, and some of these events are already filling up fast. To reserve a book, and a seat, go to the Jean Cocteau website http://jeancocteaucinema.com/ and get in your order now.

See you at movies... er... the booksignings.
Current Location:Santa Fe
Current Mood: pleased pleased
Tags:
jean cocteau cinema bookstore, signed books, signings
Leave a commentShareLink
>>
>>80893089
He deserves pain.
>>
>>80893089
hope he gets stomach cancer and dies shitting blood in his pants
>>
Reminder Winds announcement tomorrow
>>
>>80893524
>Winds announcement
Kek
>>
>>80891981

nope, it was when tyrion and jorah come back, and she exiles him
>>
File: lol.png (398KB, 322x438px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
398KB, 322x438px
>>80893524
Can't wait
>>
>>80893089
>April is going to be one of our biggest months ever for author events

Suffice it to say he won't get any writing done next month

And

>with no fewer than four of them scheduled.

ftfh
>>
>all the Stark kids will learn from and reject/surpass their teachers except Sansa

Jeor was Lord Commander but let Craster give sacrifices to the Others, Jon became Lord commander and is gonna fight the Others

Bloodraven was a Greenseer, but was too weak to fight the Others and died like a bitch, Bran is better and is the key to beating the Others

Jaqen was a great Faceless man, but only killed as part of his duties, Arya's free to kill whoever she wants and has all their skills.

Petyr is a political genius cause the iq of everyone he comes into contact with goes down 50 points, Sansa will keep believing in him and following him until Bran has to tell her she's retarded and then she'll need Arya's help to put him down.

Kek
>>
>Theon is at the Kingsmoot

Fuck sake D&D, can you do anything right?
>>
>>80896159
why did they push the ironborn storyline so far forwards? balon dies before the RW in the books
>>
>>80895247
bloodraven couldn't do shit. the roots grew through him and drained him of his blood. all he could do was remain, acquire knowledge and pass it on. bran unknowingly gained second life but under the agenda of the great other faction and is the opposite of fighting the others. if anything bran is the key to the others coming success.
the faceless are working for the children and great other.
petyr over reached and now is his coming downfall. sansa is a noob, arya is fucked up and unreliable if it doesn't require death.
>>
>>80896230

Fuck knows, I dropped the show at the S2 finale after noticing how much was starting to change.
>>
>>80896230
They were going to cut that whole storyline but they fucked to Dorne so bad they decided to jettison that plot and replace them with the Ironborn.
>>
stannis the faggis
>>
>>80896314
>but they fucked to Dorne so bad
*Cogman

Cogman fucked Dorne up
>>
>>80892100
>Daily reminder that Preston is a introvert virgin

he's married to a Yi'ti qtpi.
>>
>>80896233

the faceless men are not working for the children, you fucking tard. Go back to your reddit or westeros.org thread
>>
>>80894690
>Hey guys I really care about finishing TWOW so I'm not going to as many conventions
>Instead I'm having events where I live instead that take up all my time
>>
>>80896717
go to bed azor jon
>>
>>80896692
Is someone proxyvoting this?
http://winteriscoming.net/2017/03/25/game-of-thrones-meets-march-madness-round-3-vote-for-your-favorite-character-in-our-elite-8/

tywin winning over tyrion, oberyn over jon snu, LF over dany... The only normie choice that is winning is Sansa over Theon.
>>
>>80896965
Translation: I'm sick of fans so I'm going to hist unrelated events, winds of what?
>>
File: Rightful King.jpg (82KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rightful King.jpg
82KB, 600x900px
All make way to the rightful King of Westeros. King Stannis Baratheon First of his Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. The Prince That Was Promised and Azor Ahai Come Again.
>>
>>80897954
Is this official. I'v been waiting for them to adapt the other books.
>>
>>80898189
http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/dynamite-entertainment-june-2017-solicitations/
comes out in june apparently
>>
>>80897954
>tfw no shireen daughter
>>
>>80892853
It doesn't even seem real that this fat autist wrote these books. It also seems incredible that the publisher hasn't contracted out a ghostwriter by this point. If they let the show conclude and be forgotten by the general public before the final books come out, they're losing a ton of potential revenue.
>>
>>80899670
George doesn't care, why should the rest of us?
>>
>>80897954
Legitimate Question:
Does ANYONE that read all the books actually dislike Stannis?
>>
>>80900009
Well Dabid supposedly read all the books
>>
>>80899867
This, this right here. I came to the realization that if he had anything important, anything vital or worthwhile to say with this story, something he HAS to say as a writer and a storyteller, he fucking would have by now.

With how he let the publicity and newfound fame carry him out of his retirement cave, it's obvious this was all just to pay the bills and it went horribly right for him.
>>
I like Bran.
>>
>>80900009
I thought he was a bit autistic
>>
>>80901177
We all think that. Even the most loyal of Stannis' fans think he has a tad of the autisms.

Did you actually explicitly dislike him, tho
>>
>>80900457
kek

but they probably only read them once and then again didn't pay much attention... I mean they didn't even remember Samwell was a PoV character.
>>
File: robb.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
robb.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
*deletes sending Theon to the Iron Isles*
*deletes not telling Edmure about his plans*
*deletes not marrying his Freyfu*

There, this guy is now the indisputable GOAT
>>
>>80901452
You forgot

*deletes not bending the knee to the one true king*
>>
File: GOAT Casting.jpg (2MB, 1906x2653px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT Casting.jpg
2MB, 1906x2653px
>>80901452
how is freyfu so perfect
>prays for a girl so they dont kill her husband that she only met for a day
literal angel
>>
>>80901282
he came off as annoyingly autistic though
>"At my brother's command, not for love of me," Stannis answered. "Lord Eddard did his duty, I will not deny it. Did I ever do less? I should have been Robert's Hand."
>"That was your brother's will. Ned never wanted it."
>"Yet he took it. That which should have been mine."
he sits around on dragonstone and doesn't do shit about the incest he's found out about because he has big brother issues and is jealous of ned
>>
File: bong.png (938KB, 717x860px) Image search: [Google]
bong.png
938KB, 717x860px
>page 10
>>
File: IMG_1920.jpg (78KB, 670x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1920.jpg
78KB, 670x767px
>sunglasses in Game of Thrones days
Really, D&D?
>>
>>80900009
don't think stannis is THAT popular with the bookfag normies (outside of /got/).

more than with showfags for sure, but still not much. Don't think he's a top 5 book character over all book readers.
>>
>>80901782
dude was basically fucked the moment they crowned him. after all that there's no way he could back down and be like "th-thanks guys but maybe we should just back Stannis". all his bannermen would think he was a betacuck
>>
>>80904996
stupid shits for crowning him in the first place
greatjon is a dumb hothead
>>
>>80897130

amusing, because i have that phrase filtered. sorry you have some retarded theory with no textual support, yet you keep sperging it all over every thread. yes, I know you are the cuck from the last thread.
>>
>>80904360

there are a LOT of Renly tumblrina's and feminist cucks.
>>
>>80893524
you mean the weather?
>>
>>80895247
Sansa isn't a Stark though. The symbolism has been there since season 1.

Bran isn't either.
>>
>>80904996
If he cared about the people of the north he would have realized how fucked he was and backed Stannis.
>>
File: THUNk.jpg (28KB, 519x442px) Image search: [Google]
THUNk.jpg
28KB, 519x442px
>>80905583
>Sansa isn't a Stark
>Bran isn't either.
>>
>>80905901
If your wolf dies, then you're no longer a Stark.

This always happens at key character moments, too. For Sansa, it was after she sided with Joffrey instead of Arya in season 1.

For Bran it was around when he became a seer.
>>
>>80904360
>more than with showfags for sure
He's even more of an asshole in the show than the books.
>>
>>80906027
what the fuck does 'being a stark' mean then?
>>
>>80906139
Being loyal to house Stark and not Bloodraven or self interest.
>>
>>80905609
Why would Robb and the North back Stannis? They owe nothing to him and he comes off as a douchebag uncle that's out to steal the throne from his nephew. In the books, Ned never sent ravens all over the realm to support Stannis' claim as the rightful heir. Had he done so in AGOT, I'm willing to bet Robb and the senior lords MIGHT sway to back Stannis since it was Ned's wish and the fact that they'd both crush the Lannisters.

Hell, A Storm of Swords revealed that Robb was doing everything possible to ensure Stannis would take King's Landing. He fucked up big time by not properly informing his uncle Edmure of his plans. Had Edmure not attacked the Lannister army as it attempted to cross near Riverrun, Tywin's army would've been too late to head east and link-up with the Tyrells.
>>
>>80906139
Honoring the Stark name, being a cool stoic like Ned. If you respect your Stark heritage then you are one. Sansa never did and Bran transcended those feelings. Arya is 'lost' but she'll find her way back.
>>
>>80888090
QUEEN SLAAAYYY
>>
>>80900009
Nobody liked Stannis pre-TV series from what I recall. Back in 2003 when I was in jr. high, ASOIAF message boards and groups didn't care for Stannis because of his association with dark magic. A lot of people were surprised that Stannis showed up at the Wall even though it was blatantly obvious in A Storm of Swords.

Even if readers were discounting Davos' moment with the letter, Tywin even mentions Stannis' departing from Dragonstone for some reason a few chapters later. They just never expected for him to show up in time and save the day.

It was in A Dance of Dragons (my senior year of undergrad) that I sorta liked Stannis because his interactions with Jon were fun to read. They bickered a lot, but there's underlying respect and trust between the 2. Especially from Jon's POV because at first he loathed the dude, but slowly refers to Stannis as "the king".
>>
>>80887585
You're dumb if you can't see the difference between Jorah and Tyrion.
>>
>>80906505
Book readers liked Stannis when he showed up in the north in ASOS.
>>
>>80907051
Not to my recollection. They just saw it as a power grab in the North because he was out of options. Why not defeat the wildlings and earn brownie points with the North so that you can gather another army to take the Iron Throne.

Stannis is a dead-end character. He's like Richard III; a pretender in the annals of history while Jon is the real hero of the story. The TV series confirms this. GRRM loves subverting expectations. Stannis' first appearance was this brooding guy in a dark island with a red witch by his side. His shadow spawn assassinated his brother and he used blood magic to curse Robb, Balon, and Joffrey. Oh but wait a minute, he's really a misunderstood good guy when he saves the Wall. Nope he's still a jerkass and will get BTFO next book. I guarantee this will happen.
>>
>>80907246
You are completely miss understanding normie book readers. They liked Stannis because he saved Jon.
>>
>>80906758

Tyrion - Disgraced, disinherited, admitted kinslayer, found guilty of killing the King, escaped a death sentence.

Jorah - Sold some men he imprisoned as slaves 20 years ago, hails from a minor backwater area of the north, largely unknown throughout Westeros. Exiled himself to escape a death sentence (by another admitted traitor, whose house openly rebelled against the Iron Throne some years later)

Just in case you missed it (which you clearly did in your haste to mash out a reply before the 5 second rule on the cheetos you sperged all over the floor) I was speaking to Tyrions logic presented for banishing Jorah from mereen, which was under the pretense of public perception when she lands in Westeros. Fucking moron
>>
>>80907410
That was merely consequential. They were grateful that Jon and the Watch weren't killed off, but they didn't trust Stannis' intentions.
>>
File: 1453044147753.jpg (3KB, 188x164px) Image search: [Google]
1453044147753.jpg
3KB, 188x164px
>>80907246

>likes to "subvert expectations"
>still thinks Jon has secret royal ancestry which will some how play a part in some climactic struggle against GOOD and EVIL

yeah you're a pleb of the highest order.
>>
>>80906261

Ned is not a good example of a Stark. Starks are feared historically, not blundering idiots running around blind while everyone plays them for a fool. Ned is more Arryn than Stark, autistically obsessed with HONUR
>>
>>80907246
lol jon is the most predictable generic fantasy hero possible
nothing expectation-subverting about him being 'the real hero'
>>
>>80908401
This.

The closest one to a real Stark is Jon thanks to his berserker moments, ironically who tries to emulate Ned the most and looks like him the most
>>
>>80889053
It's black. Really, it's probably just a dilated pupil. And Theon calls it "angry" because obviously he took his fucking eyepatch off.
>>
>page 9

Gonna bump before I forget and this archives
>>
>>80910439
>tfw i was waiting for it to get to page 10 before bumping
>>
>>80900487
>anything important, anything vital or worthwhile to say with this story
He's just a fat hippie. What are you expecting? All of his books have the same message:
>war is bad
>religion causes people to do bad things
>we are all one people
>sex is fun
>my dad was a jerk
>>
>>80910838
>my dad was a jerk
are you just saying that because sam and tyrion are gurm's self-inserts?
>>
Spoon face
Cheese cloth
>>
Sio Bibble
>>
>>80905609
Nobody liked Stannis. Why would they back his claim to the throne for a king that no one cared for?
>>
>>80911164
daily reminder that randyll tarly literally never did anything wrong

NOT forcing sam to go to the wall and let Dickon rule after Randyll would've been really, really wrong.

Sam is fat, craven, can't talk back to anyone, even friends (jon, aemon, etc.. ) so he could never deal with other lords/important people, he plays with dolls and dress up like a fucking girl, and so on.

They don't live in 2017 tumblrsphere where he could just accept Samwell as a transfaggot worthless shit and embrace his uselessness.

Westeros is a hard world and there needs to be hard people to rule it. Sam would've been a disgrace and run house Tarly to the fucking ground, especially in war time.
>>
>>80911631
Sending him to the wall might have been a bit unnecessary , could have just disinherited him, he's a beta faggot loser so he's hardly going to gather an army to take it off his brother
>>
>>80911679
the wall is a positive character-building experience though
>>
File: 4177494-4537918093-il_fu[1].jpg (81KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
4177494-4537918093-il_fu[1].jpg
81KB, 480x458px
>knew tons of little things about SOIAF
>read all books and side-material
>had my own theories
>Took a few months break from following discussions
>Forgot 90% of everything, including key plot points

So what's the point of waiting for the fucking book if I forgot everything already. This is bullshit.

also the show fucking blows and I don't give a shit
>>
>>80911679
>>80911725

He could have just easily allowed him to go to the Citadel. It is an honorable station, and Maesters renounce titles, lands, and inheritance. He is kind of a dick, but in the show he was going to allow Gilly (a wildling, must keep in mind) to stay at Horn Hill, and also pay for an education for the boy. He's a hard dude, but it's justified in the context.

Sam stealing Heartsbane on the other hand, is a criminal act and he has no right to it. It goes to the Lord of Horn Hill.
>>
>>80911679
Sam's mother might not have accepted that, she liked Sam and let him live however he wanted...

And she's a Florent. Sure the Tarly are friends with the Tyrell, but if he married into the Florent it was surely not to infuriate them later on.

Sending Sam to the wall was the better of the 2 options. Sending Sam to the wall doesn't have any negative consequences whatsoever from Randyll/Horn Hill perspective.

Pissing off the Florent is bad, even if it doesn't go to war, bad relations with neighbor lords is always bad.
>>
>>80911631
I was thinking about this in the shower the other day. Sure, Randyll is kind of a mean jerk but he's done nothing besides secure the future of his house and you have to respect him for that.

Can't wait for the show to ruin his character next season!
>>
>>80911963
>Can't wait for the show to ruin his character next season!
>implying he's not ruined already, turned into an incompetent idiot like the rest of the male/commanders on the show

daughter shame him during dinner
wife shame him after dinner
son steal his sword

but yeah it's gonna get much worse in S7 I guess.
he's either gonna completely ignore the stolen sword, or do something about it but fail like a retard....

and then he'll oppose the meme alliance and again fail like an incompetent.
>>
>>80906221
In which case they should have backed Joffrey. In either case, declaring the North independent was a dumb move.
>>
>>80912155

Ned didn't send ravens out in the show or the books. Stannis did that later. Stark did however give one of his men a message to deliver to Stannis, I don't recall if he actually made it out of Kings Landing though.
>>
>>80912225
Then all that changes is that the Northerners didn't know Stannis was the king. That doesn't justify them betraying the IT.
>>
>>80912155
>backed Joffrey
aside from the obvious personal reasons NOT to do this, this is only somewhat less retarded than backing stannis
renly was the clear choice, and some of the riverlords wanted to declare for him
>>
>>80906221
>>80912155
Robb only wanted to kill Joffrey and then leave KL and let Tommen rule.

Before the KITN that is...
They didn't want to press any claim to anything, only to kill Eddard's murderer then let things go on.

Obviously it was a shitty plan because they have zero reason to expect TOmmen would be cool with that... but heh.
>>
>>80912256

but MUH VENGEANCE!!

Launching an independence war against a tyrannical king is completely justified, historically and morally. Key part though is that you kind of have to win.
>>
>>80912276

>Declare independence under the pretense of tyranny
>Support a false king, whose basis to the claim is that the Queen's children are bastards -- which would make his older brother that he is about to start a war with the actual king

Makes sense. Renly was a piece of shit, and deserved to burn
>>
>>80912276
>renly was the clear choice, and some of the riverlords wanted to declare for him
Renly literally had zero claim.

>>80912286
As you say, because the Lannisters would be totally cool with lopping off their King and then stealing the Northern half of the entire kingdom.

>>80912314
What makes Joffrey any more or less of a "tyrant" than Stannis or Renly or even Robb?

"You don't vote for a King!" etc
>>
>>80912373
not talking about muh true claim here, only what was prudent
declaring for anyone else would've led to a prolonged war
declaring for renly would mean a quick end to it
also
>whose basis to the claim is that the Queen's children are bastards
this isn't true at all, whether he actually knew or not isn't clear, but he acts like this isn't necessarily the case
>>
>>80912422

From the Stark point of view, Ned was falsely imprisoned and unjustly executed. Recall how it all started however, Robb was initially going to Kings Landing to free his father, independence war came after they executed him.

Of course, if you were in Kings Landing at the time, you would have seen Ned confess to high treason.
>>
>>80912422
>As you say, because the Lannisters would be totally cool with lopping off their King and then stealing the Northern half of the entire kingdom.

they didn't even want half of the kingdoms. they didn't even plan to secede at this point. they pretty much just wanted to do this >>80912314

kill the tyran, and then keep doing business with the next king as long as he doesn't turn out to be another monster like joffrey. Robb specifically says he doesn't give a fuck what happens after he kills joffrey; He only want to kill him because he's a tyrant/evil liar who killed Ned for evil reasons.

if the next king doesn't accept that, then he can come up north to challenge them, but that's how it is. they don't wan't to serve under Joffrey.

they're fine with serving under Renly after he killed Joffrey, or Stannis after he killed Joffrey, or Tommen after he took over after joffrey's death, and so on. They just don'T want joffrey.
>>
>>80912452

>this isn't true at all, whether he actually knew or not isn't clear, but he acts like this isn't necessarily the case

I was talking about Renly. Renly almost certainly knew, he was at court for years, and Stannis and Jon Arryn knew, that's why Stannis left court shortly before the story started.
>>
>>80912521
who did you think i was talking about?
>Would even Cersei be so mad? Catelyn was speechless.
>"Isn't that a sweet story, my lady?" Renly asked. "I was camped at Horn Hill when Lord Tarly received his letter, and I must say, it took my breath away." He smiled at his brother. "I had never suspected you were so clever, Stannis. Were it only true, you would indeed be Robert's heir."
>"Were it true? Do you name me a liar?"
>>
>>80912684

... You are implying that Renly did not know? Of course he isn't going to say in front of his lords that effectively Stannis is the rightful heir. Are you high? If you think Renly was at court for so long and did not find out the same thing that took bumbling Eddard Stark a few months to, then you're just being incredulous.
>>
>>80912813
no im saying that his claim was in no way based off that fact and if he did know then he acted like he didn't
>>
>>80912452
We can be almost certain Renly did know. His plan before Robert died was to get the king interested in Margery Tyrell, with the aim to replace Cersei with her as Queen. But even if they did that, Joffrey would still be heir. So eventually the Lannisters would seize poower anyway when Robert dies and Joffrey inherits, which is bad news for Renly and the Tyrells.

Whereas, if Renly knew about the incest, he has the perfect solution. Margeryreplaces Cersei, then Joffrey is revealed as a bastard and legally disinherited and the Lannisters can't do shit.

So Renly knew about the incest and claimed the throne in spite of Stannis because he's an asshole.
>>
>>80912857
again, all i was saying is that his claim is not based off the incest-thing at all, and if he did know he pretended not to
>>
>>80912852

I concede that point. You're right in that regard, and in hindsight it makes Renly an even bigger piece of shit, worthy of one of the more gruesome traitor's death
>>
>>80912904
eh well if he had backed stannis then the tyrells probably would've ended up backing joffrey anyway
it was renly or the lannisters basically
>>
>>80912882
His claim is based off thinking that he's the best candidate and wanting the throne. That's it. And of course, if he inherits before Stannis, the whole feudal order could be fucked. As a safe way of trasferring power, "father to son" is crude and ineffective, but it's better than Renly's "I have a massive army" argument because that reduces every inheritance, big or small, to a fight for it, leading to constant war.

Renly really should have taken Stannnis' offer - become heir to the new king. He would have got what he wanted anyway (Stannis won't live forever) and all it required was to wait a little longer. That really would have sewn up the war right there and then.
>>
>>80912974

The Tyrells are duplicitous treasonous cunts. I hope Euron gets ahold of some.
>>
>>80912974
No they wouldn't - Margery was already married to Renly at that point, so she can't marry Joffrey and seal a Lannister/Tyrell alliance. If Renly joins with Stannis, the Lannisters are completely fucked.
>>
>>80912988

That offer should show everyone how just and fair Stannis actually is. But no, they take it as a signal of how desperate he was for the stormlord troops. Extremely magnanimous offer by Stannis. It's also well known that his wife isn't exactly spitting out children, hell Renly is such a lousy nigger, he could have even conspired to kill Stannis later. Just goes to show what a petulant faggot manchild Renly was.
>>
>>80913023
she was already declared queen
do you think the tyrells are just gonna sit there and take the insult of 'oh lol nevermind she's just the lady of storm's end, the actual queen is a florent (traditional rival house to tyrells) and the actual king hates your house'
no, they're pissing right off
>>80913007
absolutely, fucking worst house ever.
>>
>>80912988
>His claim is based off thinking that he's the best candidate and wanting the throne. That's it. And of course, if he inherits before Stannis, the whole feudal order could be fucked. As a safe way of trasferring power, "father to son" is crude and ineffective, but it's better than Renly's "I have a massive army" argument because that reduces every inheritance, big or small, to a fight for it, leading to constant war.
I think his aim here was to make it look like joffrey was legitimate and the rightful heri, but a tyrant who needed to be deposed (precedent being aerys obviously), and then just deal with stannis quickly and brush that under the rug
>>
>>80913112
How exactly? Margery is Renly' wife, Loras is in love with him. Would they be disappointed that Margery wouldn't become Queen "yet"? Possibly, but Mace dotes on Loras and can't physically seize a married woman from her husband. The other power in the Tyrells, Olenna, was against Renly becoming king in the first place. Taking the more cautious, "heir to the throne" role is more sensible and puts all the pressure on Stannis, not Renly or the Tyrells. The Tyrells have no options until Renly dies and Margery can remarry. Otherwise? No way.
>>
>>80913210
Ok. So you kill Joffrey for being a tyrant - what then? Stannis is just an inconvenient older brother to be killed off before the realm is safe? Then why doesn't every younger brother with a claim kill off his older brother if he has more men? The new king has set the precedent that the law doesn't matter if you have enough men - anarchy ensues.

I realize the show likes the idea that the medieval era was mental and chaotic and the only thing that matter was how willing you were to kill people to get power, but that's an extremely crude picture of a complex system of government. These laws mattered.
>>
>>80913239
they take their forces, take marg, force loras if he refuses, and piss off. they declared for a king, not a lord, and if he steps down from being a king, they can easily justify leaving
they're the majority of his power base, so he can't exactly stop them from going
they wanted marg to be the queen immediately and have half-tyrell heirs to the throne, this is not a definite outcome with king stannis, who is healthy and probably going to live a long time, could remarry (or actually have sons with his wife, unlikely as it might seem), and maybe make shireen his heir instead. these are chances the tyrells dont want to take
>>
>>80913346
oh yeah, he's obviously setting a dangerous precedent, but it would be even more dangerous if he said that 'robert's' kid's were bastards
if he pretends joffrey is legitimate but unfit to rule, then both he and stannis are usurpers anyway and he's simply showing himself to be the one capable of removing the tyrant (probably having tommen "killed in the confusion" or some shit) and thus being the best king, obviously hoping that stannis would not press any claim, being happy to keep storm's end instead, or simply having him killed as quietly as possible
>>
>>80913417
Who is taking these actions? Mace somehow has the balls to do this? To physically try and grab Margery, even though she is legally married to Renly? "Force" Loras to abandon the King he swore an oath to protect? Literally attack the 20,000 men that are loyal to Renly instead of them? It's just not happening, and there are no circumstances where it would. They are tied to Renly and the decisions he makes, there is no other option. Margery is married, Loras is devoted, Mace is useless and Olenna is against the idea. The military might exists to withdraw from the coalition, but not when all the key players are at Renly's court and not when the political and mental will simply doesn't exist. It's even less likely that they would then align with the Lannisters whilst Renly and Stannis got to fight them.
>>
>>80913597
when you've been insulted like that, yeah, you can just piss off, like the freys did from riverrun or the west or wherever. the marriage does make it pretty hard but they could claim it wasn't consummated or something or just quietly take marg away and wait for renly to die
>"Force" Loras to abandon the King he swore an oath to protect?
he's not the king, that's the point. if he puts down the crown, there's no reason for them to have any fealty to him
>Literally attack the 20,000 men that are loyal to Renly instead of them?
they don't have to attack, just leave. trying to stop them would be even more disastrous for renly/stannis if this happened

but i'll concede that with mace being useless and non-assertive, this does all seem more unlikely to take place
>>
File: rused.jpg (283KB, 600x972px) Image search: [Google]
rused.jpg
283KB, 600x972px
bump
>>
File: IMG_2273.jpg (146KB, 1024x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
146KB, 1024x898px
bump
>>
File: IMG_2963.gif (2MB, 458x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.gif
2MB, 458x370px
Roose Bolton le psychopath smile cause I am a psychopath crazy smile Roose doenst care for anybody ir anyone, cuas
>>
jonarya
>>
An Jaqenposter.
>>
>>80915814
got dubs and trips.
>>
>>80888776
it's quite scary to think that - if he really wanted to - tony could've easily killed Carm there...
>>
>>80887452
stannis the faggis
>>
Game of Thrones Season 7
How hyped are we /tv/?
How big is the hype?
Remember only 7 episodes, 50 minutes a episode.
Will air during summer.
What are you plans for season 7?
>>
I thought Emilia would never go nude, /tv/?
Explain this new film
>>
>>80917937
muh
>>
>>80917937
well she really isnt though is she? That just looks like pg-13 sex with no tits shown.
>>
>>80918166
it's obviously cropped for a trailer
>>
>>80917937
>never go nude
what? she has the most nudity of anyone
>>
>>80916458
it's gonna be a mess
>>
>>80917937
and she never will
>>
>>80918166
She looks clearly nude
>>
File: 1478624547435.png (198KB, 314x321px) Image search: [Google]
1478624547435.png
198KB, 314x321px
>>
>>80897954
He looks like a beefier version of Maddox in that pic
>>
>>80917937
sauce
>>
>>80918060
dragons
>>
>>80918404
pro tip

if it isnt on camera it isnt nudity
>>
>>80918194

cgi bro. u blind?
>>
>>80889187
>If anything Euron would try to imprison and rape an Other

Oh fug. Euron doing the original Night's king.
>>
>>80892186
>been here less than 2 years
>not a newfag

like the nice anon said, lurk moar
>>
>>80919444

reddit gold 4 u
>>
>>80919264
Nonsense
>>
>>80918713
That's stupid logic
>>
File: 2q5b1n4unzfy.jpg (205KB, 1886x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2q5b1n4unzfy.jpg
205KB, 1886x1200px
best girl
>>
If only...
>>
>>80920314

lmao this kid is jerking off to cgi dragonbitch hahaha what a cuck
>>
Sup, /got/, it's been almost a week since my last visit. Anything new?
>>
Did I read that right? Gotta wait for July for the final season ?
>>
>>80920714
k
>>
>>80888171
who is this semen demon
>>
>>80888401
How do you know they are if they were never shown?
>>
File: rosabell.webm (407KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
rosabell.webm
407KB, 850x478px
>>80888171
Implying
>>
>>80921573
i thinks its weird that they literally filmed her nude scene on the day of her 18th birthday. Like talk about sleazy hollywood producers/directors.
>>
File: IMG_2101.jpg (3MB, 3000x4507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2101.jpg
3MB, 3000x4507px
Jaqen H'Ghar, once a free man of the free city of Lorath, leader of the Faceless Men in Braavos.

Jaqen H'ghar will become the king of Westeros, ruler of the seven kingdoms. With blessings of the Many-Faced God, he will destroy the White Walkers and become the Azor Ahai.

Azor Jaqen
>>
Hey guys I'm back! Did I miss something? Because I was banned on all boards for a week and 2 days for talking shit about Reddit.

But now ban has been lifted, so I can finally shitpost again on /tv/ and /got/.

Feels good to be back.
>>
>>80915814
Hello Jaqenposter.
>>
>>80920338
I miss her so much, /got/...
>>
>>80922058
Alberto!?
>>
>>80917937
what's that from and do we see more in the trailer of whatever that is? kinda dark
>>
>>80922127
can't believe that manlet cheats on that lmao
>>
>>80922128
What no! The name's Barbossa.
>>
File: 518babead7c73950a27acc98d11f9e4e.jpg (123KB, 685x1011px) Image search: [Google]
518babead7c73950a27acc98d11f9e4e.jpg
123KB, 685x1011px
What do you guys think of the GOOD GUYS vs BAD GUYS season 7?
>>
>>80908201
Hey, idiot, Jorah is actually my favourite character, and I kinda hate the dragon bitch for all the shit she gave to him, but Tyrion told her to exile him again not because of what he did in Westeros (fyi, he is quite known in Westeros as the hero of the War against Theon's father, being the son of the Lord Commander of the Watch, having defeated Jaime Lannister once and marrying a member of the famous Hightower family, having even being an uncle of a Queen for a time), but because he had spyied on her in Season 1 and she had already exiled him in Season 4. Accepting an exile back could be percieved as weakness
>>
>>80922271
So you aren't an Alberto Barbosa!?
>>
>>80922399
Dubs!

And no I'm not Alberto.
>>
>>80921941
wut
>>
>>80921996
you forgot the most feared rapist in existence
>>
>>80922478
Then change your name. The only allowed Barbosas are Alberto and Pedro
>>
>>80907246
>They just saw it as a power grab in the North because he was out of options
Bullshit you are a showfag pretending to be a bookfag. The book makes it very clear he came because he wanted to save the realm to prove his worth, which is honorable. The whole cart before the horse thing and the king who still cared. That's not a power grab at all.
>>
>>80922583
>Then change your name.
>Alberto and Pedro
Fuck the name Alberto and dirty Pedro,
just Barbossa will do.
>>
>>80900000
>>
>>80900000
SPD EMERGENCY
>>
>>80921573
Why is she so perfect?
>>
File: IMG_2010.jpg (18KB, 154x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2010.jpg
18KB, 154x202px
>>80911860
Please don't post poop it grosses me out
>>
>>80922376

Jesus christ you are a fucking driveling retard. I'm not saying that Jorah is innocent. I am speaking to the idea that anyone in Westeros would be OK with her being accompanied by Tyrion, you know, because Tyrion in the show specifically frames his reasoning behind "you can't have this man who betrayed you with you in Westeros! IT WOULD LOOK BAD!" If Jorah makes her look bad, Tyrion makes her look _far worse_

Stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>80922593

He did want to give the abandoned castles on the Wall to his loyal knights. These men were not going to be joining the Night's Watch, if I recall correctly. Yeah the castles get manned and start getting improved/maintained .. but it would have caused a lot of problems down the road. That's the only thing I didn't like about his behavior on the Wall
>>
it's funny to think that Tyrion has not even met the Dany yet in the book

his entire """story arc""" in the show after he met her was one of the worst parts of the last season
just cringe worthy scenes with Ringworm and Black servant
negotiating peace by realistically dissolve the slave practice over a decade, only for it all to come down to the Dany slaughtering people with Dragons because she's ""badass""

that "heartfelt" moment when she makes him the Hand was fucking fail as well
>>
>>80923227

Yeah it's pathetic, and highlights the skill, creativity and awareness of the cucks writing the fanfiction. Those defending it should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>80923226
he has to give his men something for all the trouble and bullshit they've endured sticking with him lots of them are now landless Knights.
>>
>>80921573
>>80921941

jerome flynn is a lucky nigga
>>
>>80923363

It's short sighted as fuck. It really hasn't even been that long since the war started btw, a little over a year or so. Was a dumb idea, and would have cause a lot of discord at the Wall eventually.
>>
>>80923489
>Giving his men empty fallen castles that the watch can't man is going to cause the night's watch to fracture
lol its a minor thing compared to some of the other shit Jon does for Stannis at the wall. Its no where near the catalyst or big event that leads up to a mutiny and stabbing.
>>
File: IMG_3018.jpg (53KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018.jpg
53KB, 250x354px
Ser Patrek of King's mountain was killed in the wall, so much for that knight and his lands, castle and muh wife-to-be.
>>
>>80923554

In the immediate future, yes it's not going to cause many problems. Actually it strengthens the Wall. Down the road though, it absolutely does. What happens when these knights start disputing with each other, and possibly fighting each other, or even the watch itself.

Hint : there are stories of different commanders of the castles of the Watch warring with each other in the past.

Would these castles be sworn to the Night's Watch, Winterfell, or the Iron Throne? If you can't see how that would eventually cause problems, you're being purposefully obtuse.
>>
Yes yes but what about Ser Patrek of King's mountain? Is he going to be avenged? What happens to his body, is he going to buried, burned or left as supper for the Gaints?
>>
>>80911631
This. Sam is literally a beta cuck, he would've led his house to ruin.
>>
>>80888401
But they were shown
>>
>>80923811

Could have acknowledged his son's talents and told him just as firmly that he was going to the Citadel.
>>
>>80924802
>let son stay lazy fatass to serve other houses instead of giving him the chance to be a fucking man at the Night's Watch and gain some honor and respect

no.
>>
>>80924839

Randyll Tarly is a lot of things, but he's not an idiot. He didn't send his son to the Wall to get him to man up. He sent him there to die.
>>
>>80924802
this >>80924839

Sam is Randyll's shame. Making him a maester means he'll just bring his shame to another house for everyone to see.

At the Wall, no one (of importance) see it, and it's a position of honor anyway. Even if he dies at the wall people will hold him in greater respect that if he serves well as a maester.

Also, "his sons talent"?
Sam is a bit less a pussy than he was, but he had no talent to be a maester. He couldn't heal, was afraid of blood.

Even if that's what Sam wanted at this point, it was a terrible idea. He only wanted to go there to read and shit. Maesters do more than that.

Can you picture Samwell operating on Jaime's hand like Qyburn did?

Samwell would faint putting someone a bandaid on a papercut.

Also Maesters have to be able to talk back to people as well, to stand their ground a bit... Luwin with Bran and the walders and theon, Pycelle and Tyrion/Cersei, etc..
They're not just an rpg healer answering the call.
>>
>>80925042
>>80925117
There was no guarantee that Sam would die, there are other jobs than being a ranger and shit, but they all get training in fighting and can become respectable
>>
>>80888171
>>80889599
Who is that?
>>
>>80920327
no it isnt, thats how the contracts work
>>
File: Best Myrcella 5.png (549KB, 630x842px) Image search: [Google]
Best Myrcella 5.png
549KB, 630x842px
>>80925563
Aimee Richardson.

First and best Myrcella
>>
>>80918521
>>80922163
This new movie of hers called Voice from the Stone, webm is from the trailer and yeah, you see more of her
>>
>>80925563
A whore
>>
File: 1231.jpg (78KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1231.jpg
78KB, 426x640px
>>80925563
>>
>>80925616
not every shot every single nude scene would show it
>>
>>80925781
how do you know?
>>
>>80926035
?
>>
>>80926050
I saw the trailer
>>
>>80925563
feminist myrcella
>>
>>80926230
Why do you say she's a feminist?
>>
>>80926146
That's all that was in the trailer
>>
>>80926332
Because he obsesses over the political views of strangers.
>>
You reckon House Morrigen of the Crow's Nest practice cannibalism? Crows do eat their own fallen members.

Also really hoping we get to see more of the Stormland houses with Aegon's invasion since a lot of them are pretty interesting I think.
>>
>>80926480
Oh, then I guess I misremembered, there'll obviously be more in the movie though
>>
>>80922593
Book Stannis wanted to save the realm AND take the Iron Throne. Why else would he order Justin Massey to hire sellswords in Essos and have him seat Shireen as Queen in case Stannis dies?

>>80923226
>>80923363
>>80923489
>>80923554
>>80923669
To be fair, Book Stannis was the one to come up with the idea of settling the Wildlings on the Gift in exchange for manning the Wall against the Others. I don't even like Stannis because of his retarded fanbase, but the TV series really robbed him of his best lines and moments.

And to Stannis' credit, he actually followed everything Jon advised. Not even Ned could convince Robert, but Stannis, the hard-headed hall monitor in A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords actually listened to the bastard Lord Commander and followed through with Jon's suggestions.
>>
>>80908906
I really hope Jon doesn't end up as King with Daenerys as his Queen and Tyrion as their Hand in the 7th book. I swear I will burn my copies if it happens.

By this point, I don't even care about ASOIAF anymore. Give me more Dunk & Egg stories.
>>
>>80926805
Well said.
>>
File: GoT-showrunners.png (317KB, 1132x1114px) Image search: [Google]
GoT-showrunners.png
317KB, 1132x1114px
>>80887452
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80906505
>>80907246
Fan from 2008. I beg to differ. Lots of readers were shocked that Stannis got off his ass and did his job as king finally. He gained a lot of respect because of those moments with Jon in the end of ASOS.

I do remember some people sarcastically commenting that Stannis was stealing Jon's thunder, but that's the worst of it.
>>
>>80926878
I really don't understand how Hollywood works. Why the fuck did HBO entrust these 2 nobodies for ASOIAF's adaptation? Neither of them have the credentials to justify a massive project like this. Surely somebody else better suited was around.
>>
>>80926971
did you not see the picture?

its pretty clear how Hollywood works
>>
>>80926849

TV show will go in that direction but I doubt the books will, George seems like the guy who likes things a lot more complicated.
>>
>>80925117
Even the Old Bear recognized that Sam's observations of the corpses in A Game of Thrones was worth merit. Jon, Maester Aemon, and the Lord Commander could recognize Sam's talents as a bookworm. The mind is as much a dangerous weapon as brawn, but Lord Randyll was too hot-headed of a Chad to realize this.

Why the fuck didn't he just have Sam fostered in a Northern house at an early age? The North would've toughened Sam up. Send him to Winterfell or something.
>>
>>80926574
>>80925781
Wishful thinking, she's a prude
>>
>>80927239
At least she won't be one for Kit
>>
>>80927032
I try not to be those /pol/tards that blame Jewish conspiracies. I understood there's a lot of nepotism and exchange of favors that Hollywood does and that there's a disproportionate amount of Jews in the industry, but that doesn't justify giving Benioff & Weiss the reins for GOT.

>>80927068
Yeah, but the fat man needs to either quit fucking around and finish the damned books or go on a diet.
>>
>>80927270
How so?
>>
>>80906027
dude you do know summer dying is a showfag only thing right, showfag? they killed him off because the didnt want to pay for his CGI anymore. Same reason nymeria is getting one scene before fucking off forever again, and why ghost is going to be MIA for most of season 7. Stop being a fucking idiot.
>>
Anyone else hate the Harry Potter tier fans who have latched onto the fanbase since the HBO series premiered?
>>
>>80906261
Showfags like you really, really need to be shot
>>
>>80888171
ywn
>>
>>80917937
That was just a false rumor conjured up by the DailyMail(based on a quote from another actress that didn't specify anyone) to put alongside their out-of-context quote from Emilia

http://ew.com/article/2015/09/16/emilia-clarke-sex-scenes/

>Taking to Instagram, Clarke explained: “I was followed into a party by a journalist who asked me a question about female empowerment and then quoted me entirely out of context for an outlet I didn’t agree to speak with. So I feel now, with the beauty of Instagram I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity. In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros. If it’s gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I’m always in control.”

http://ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany/

>But before any assumptions are made about Clarke’s participation in the scene, there’s something the actress wants everybody to know. “I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”
>>
GRRM's writing of the dothraki vs how he writes the wildlings is racist
>>
>>80927543
shaddup Emilia
>>
>>80927299
She's filmed a sex scene with him for season 7, they're great friends, have a lot of chemistry and from pictures of the set she's constantly eyefucking him. We're guaranteed to get some nice shots.
>>
File: SJWtard.png (98KB, 290x414px) Image search: [Google]
SJWtard.png
98KB, 290x414px
>>80926332
I don't know just a guess
>>
>>80927669
I don't think that's how it works.
>>
>>80927277
call it conspiracy or call it nepotism, bottom line is, about 2% of the US population are jews, and about 50% of Hollywood actor/cast/directors/etc.. are jews.

So that's how they got the job. By being jews.
When you hire 25 times more than you should if you went strictly by talent (so they'd only have 2% jews in hollywood ) of course the bottom of the pool is horrible.

But desu they made money with GoT and that's all the producers wants. Think HBO gives a fuck if it's a good story that makes sense?
>>
>>80927725
>implying

She's said she'll get naked if being nude is actually needed for the scene and this time she'd be around someone she trusts for a sex scene, no reason to cover up or use angles to hide shit cause she's wearing pasties and skin toned underwear
>>
>>80921941
they didnt

she turned 18 in march 2014
season 5 filmed from july to december 2014
>>
>>80888171
>>80927698
if you google her and search for recent pictures, first one is Nell Tiger Free kek

also can't find picture of her on that show she's talking about.

what a failure of an actress. guess she should've kept her opinions to herself.
>>
>>80923404
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10693120/Game-of-Thrones-stars-Lena-Headey-and-Jerome-Flynn-not-on-speaking-terms.html
>>
>>80927991
Still that's 18 year old titties Flynn saw. 18 to 22 is a woman's sexual peak usually. And Sanders did not disappoint.
>>
>>80904157
he's a big guy
>>
>>80928147
she's literally young enough to be his daughter
>>
>>80928188
4 tyrion?
>>
>>80927848
>But desu they made money with GoT and that's all the producers wants. Think HBO gives a fuck if it's a good story that makes sense?
I'm all for making profit. I love capitalism, but you also have to give quality to your fanbase. And treat the original work with due respect when you adapt it. I really loathe how D&D caters to the lowest common denominator with their SJWisms. My buddy's wife loves Daenerys for being a strong independent womyn while I point out she's a white foreigner whose subjugating brown people in her misguided notion of liberation. She took a lot of offense to that while I tried explaining that Carol from The Walking Dead is someone who deserves far more recognition as a fleshed-out female character that's grown (putting aside how they Flanderized her as this umpteenth deadly warrior now).
>>
>>80926849
Dunk & Egg?
Are they releated to ASOIAF? Are they interessting to read? What's the story about?
>>
>>80928423
It's a prequel series set 100 years before A Game of Thrones. It's about Ser Duncan the Tall (better known as Dunk), a hedge knight (basically a knight with no sworn lord and has to wonder the countryside to find employment) from Flea Bottom and his faithful squire, Egg. The 2 of them travel around Westeros and have all kinds of adventures. It's the same Westeros, but there's more heart-warming stories of traditional fantasy. There's 3 stories so far and GRRM plans on writing several more.

I highly recommend them. They're easy to read and you can probably finish it in a day. The 1st story is The Hedge Knight, then The Sworn Sword, and The Mystery Knight. They recently made a compilation of the 3 stories in a book called A Knight of the 7 Kingdoms.

Also, Dunk is hinted at being Brienne's ancestor because his shield was in her ancestral home. It's why she's so tall and strong; she inherited Dunk's god-tier genes.
>>
File: Tyrion Mullet High.jpg (59KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion Mullet High.jpg
59KB, 480x640px
>>80911679
>Sending him (Sam Tarley) to the wall might have been a bit unnecessary , could have just disinherited him

You can't just "disinherit" your successor, the first born son gets the whole package after you die regardless of what you may think of him, which is why Randyl browbeat Sam into "joining" the Nights Watch and why Tywin pushed Jaime to abandon the Kingsguard, as Tyrion was due to inherit the Westerlands.
>>
>>80928632
Then I will give it a try, I gonna search for them right now. Also does it only take place in Westeros or in other cities as well? Is violence and death involved?
>>
>>80928295
>I'm all for making profit. I love capitalism, but you also have to give quality to your fanbase.

debatable.
if people are willing to pay $500k for an high class lamborghini, then they'll make it...
If the same people are willing to pay $500k for a lada ruin, they'll make that instead. they won't insist on making the good card if people are willing to pay for shit.

GoT story is shit but the vast majority of population loves it. so they'll keep making shit. because it sells.

Stannis doesn't sell, Jaime's redemption doesn't sell, strategies don't sell...

What sells is BADASS MOTHER OF DRAGONS! BADASS JON SNU CHARGING INTO 5000 SOLDIERS! BADASS ARYA DOING NINJA SHIT!
>>
New fucking cancer thread fucking when?

We need to keep this cancer shit alive for awhile before fucking 7 airs!
>>
>>80928796
>Also does it only take place in Westeros or in other cities as well?
Just Westeros so far.

>Is violence and death involved?
Oh yeah.

>>80928830
Meh, I guess you're right, but I really enjoyed Season 1. It was extremely faithful to the 1st book and it showed the nuances and complexities of characters. I still contend that Harry Lloyd as Viserys was the best acting by far. You could really empathize with the schmuck despite being a pompous asshole. Especially the scene where Drogo promises a crown and Viserys crumbles in relief when he hears that.

I don't like Stannis that much, but they really fucked him over. And what they did to Jaime is a travesty. He's hands-down my favorite character in ASOIAF and it sucks that they made him (and Brienne) into incompetent oathbreakers for not rescuing Sansa; something their book counterparts didn't have the chance to do. Or how TV Jaime forced himself on Cersei.
>>
I finally finished Dial M for Murder.
Anyway when will fat George release my books? I have been waiting for my books since 2014.

And in July season 7 airs right, only 7 episodes. Gonna binge drinking.
>>
>>80928830
>Stannis doesn't sell, Jaime's redemption doesn't sell, strategies don't sell...

Sorry, D&D, you don't get to blame the viewers for your complete and utter lack of talent.
>>
>>80929229
>>80929229
>>80929229

New thread
>>
>>80929009
Can someone send me the links of Dunk & Egg books (PDF)

Thank you very much.

Ps: new thread when?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.