[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt he just use a plastic oxygen tank ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: mi5.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mi5.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>
Because it's a flick and not a film.
>>
>>80873655
>plastic oxygen tank

Pure oxygen damages plastic retard.
>>
>>80873655
>plastic oxygen tank
I don't think such things exist. Some fiber material maybe
>>
Why didnt the imf just nuke it from orbit
>>
>>80873655

Why didn't they teach the astronauts how to drill?

Shut the fuck up Ben
>>
>>80873727

well "rubber" then smart ass.

So him and his team have all the mission impossible gadgets etc

but they cant come up with a small device for breathing oxygen for 5 mins.

lololololo ruined the movie for be to be honest

>>
>>80873825
>rubber
Yeah, he should have just brought a regular car tire filled with oxygen. Didn't James Bond basically do the same in one the films?
>>
>>80873727
No it doesn't nigger.
>>
>>80873727
source?
>>
>>80873655
The chemicals in the plastic would have made him gay.
>>
What is this scene even about? I've not seen the film.
>>
File: 1459014140368.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1459014140368.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
Yall niggas are 3rd graders aren't you.

First off have you ever lifted an oxygen tank? they're incredibly heavy to compensate for the lift generated by the oxygen which is less dense than your brain.
Secondly, a plastic tank for oxygen would have ruptured during the dive due to pressure.
Third, rubber? Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>80873655
delete this embarrassing thread
>>
>>80874281

in MI 5 rogue Nation Ethan has to steal information from a hardrive that is located underwater and he can't take a tank in with him because of metal detectors so he has to free dive into it, basically he and the director wanted to do a single take underwater stunt and this was the chance to do it, Tom even trained to hold his breath for 9 minutes, record is 25 by the way.
>>
>>80874327
Tanks, full and empty, are heavy due to the metal. You dont need metal for a small amount of ox. there exist small, light emergency tanks you strap to your arm. Thick solid plastic would not rupture, he wasn't that deep.
>>
>not using a rebreather
plebs
>>
This shit made me nervous as fuck.
And that's why.
>>
>>80873655
>A pressure vessel made out of plastic.
>>
>>80874518
Plastic pipes in a pressurized water heating system.
>>
Why didn't he just fill up some condoms with air and then suck the air out when he needed it
>>
>>80874916
Try diving with an air balloon. You'll notice the balloon wants to go to the surface
>>
The better question is how he didn't suffer brain damage after being deprived of oxygen?
>>
>>80875463
he did, that's why the rest of the movie is so retarded
>>
>>80873655
Because that doesn't make an entertaining high stakes action sequence.
>>
File: condomchallenge-720x547.jpg (32KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
condomchallenge-720x547.jpg
32KB, 720x547px
>>80875463
>>
>>80873936
Swimming with it might be a tad hard.
>>
>>80874327
I think the point is that he only needed something incredibly small to get a few more breaths underwater.
>>
>>80876209
the tyre could've had a small plastic engine propelling him to his goal.
>>
>>80873655
Because the name of the mission is impossible, the moment he does something logical or sensible the mission goes to plausible, and then the movie ends.
>>
>>80873780
It's the only way to be sure
>>
Because these films basically exist just to give Cruise an excuse to do crazy shit.
>>
>>80877026

>you will never commit suicide by Hollywood
>>
>>80876377
Stop me when you feel that I am overthinking of what you said, but according to you the franchise is about questioning what's real and what's not, what's reality and what's art. It distinguishes with a very simple concept, that of what is possible and what's impossible. The film takes an impossible mission and proves it plausible after all, just like art takes non-reality and cinematically creates the illusion of reality.
Kind of exaggerating, but that's o think about. Nice!
>>
>>80877712
>Stop me when you feel that I am overthinking of what you said, but according to you the franchise is about questioning what's real

STOP
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.