[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prosumer Camcorders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Gonna buy one to film some projects; what's best in each price range?
>$300
>$600
>$900
Also vidcam general.
>>
>>80863037
/tv/ will likely have little knowledge in this subject area.

I recommend using a DSLR and Magic Lantern compared to using a camcorder if you are going to do a low-budget video project. The variety of lenses at your disposal will be greater with much lower cost.

Also look into using mirrorless cameras and vintage lenses so you can get effects like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610YWw6-DUQ
>>
>>80863037
>$300
nothing
>$600
Canon t3i
>$900
Panasonic AG-HMC150
>>
>>80863037
Bumping because I like where this is going.
>>
Honestly just get a t3i or 60D

The important part is to invest in nice glass. My buddy got a rokinon 35mm cine lens. Throw that shit in premiere, color correct, and it looks amazing
>>
>>80863037
May be a little off topic, but is there a like a way to practice filming shots? I would maybe like to make a short film but would rather not embarrass myself with shitty cinematography.
>>
>>80863037
You won't get anything prosumer in that price range, at least nothing new. You might get lucky and be able to get an AF100, or Sony FS100 for 800-1000 second hand which are both great prosumer cinema cameras. Yes they are dated but they still produce great images. Alternatively, since the GH5 came out GH4's have come down in price, so if you want to go mirrorless, I highly recommend checking that camera out.
>>
>>80863107
I think the big reason to go DSLR vs a camcorder with something like a 1/3" or a 2/3" sensor is mainly the depth of field. However, I think it is worth mentioning that DSLRs have many quirks/issues to consider, which many amateurs completely fail to mention or are ignorant of (aliasing, moire, rolling shutter, poor ergonomics, lack of advance video features [zebras, scopes, false color... though Magic Lantern does rectify part of this], poor bitrates, etc, etc). I think it's hilarious how some people get such a hard on for muh interchangeable lenses not realizing that you don't really need a bazillion lenses to get the job done, and that most vintage glass is actually fucking terrible.
>>
If this is for film work and not just vlog shit and you are willing to do a bit of work putting together a rig then this is your camera.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera

There is plenty of stuff online already about how to fix this up but what you need to know is:

>It has a shit battery
>It has a shit lcd screen

Good stuff is:
> Picture quality is insane
> Records RAW
>Super compact

So if you get this camera buy an external battery plate and a z-finder and you have yourself a beasty camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPf-iJe10kw
>>
>>80865163
you learn as you do. I know that's a pretty basic advice, but no matter how much you try filming miscelaneous shots, nothing will prepare you for how to shoot your first short film, just go, do it (without any tutorials or previous advices), fuck it up, and then learn from your mistakes, then do it again, and again, and again.
>>
there is a /video/ general in >>>/p/
>>
Just get a used 5d mark 3 with a fluid head tripod and a few lenses. Get premiere pro and learn that as its industry standard now if you want to make money off your work. I could tell you more if you need it but thats basic prep for now
>>
>>80865163
Just start shooting and see what you can do. Write down a shot list with what you like such as bushland or bedroom and start shooting around those subjects and see what works and what doesn't
>>
If you can't do it well using your smartphone, don't bother doing it at all.

Use what you have or go full retard pro cameras. No inbetween.
>>
The latest iPhone is more than you need, the quality is insane. Absolute steal for the price, save up for an overclocked SSD for storage for all the high bitrate footage you'll be filming.
>>
>>80865163

Just write it as a short story. Using words instead of moving pictures (more like shitctures) is more gratifying and the mark of a more intelligent mind.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.