[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live-Action Disney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: BEASTED.png (640KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
BEASTED.png
640KB, 800x450px
They're four for four right now. Thoughts on the upcoming projects?

>Jon Favreau's "The Lion King" with Donald Glover as Simba and James Earl Jones as Mufasa. Will be a musical. Slated for 2018.

>Niki Caro's "Mulan" with no cast attached yet. Will have all-Japanese cast. Won't be a musical. Slated for 2018.

>Tim Burton's "Dumbo" with no cast attached yet but aiming for some big names like Tom Hanks and Will Smith. Will be a musical. Slated for 2019.

>Guy Ritchie's "Aladdin" with no cast attached yet. Aiming for diverse cast. Will be a musical. Slated for 2019.
>>
I will watch the hell out Of Mulan.
>>
>>80856817
How do you do "live action" Lion King? The animals will all be CG, no?
>>
>>80856817
They all sound great except dumbo. Ever since I was a child I've hated that story and wanted to see that baby elephant get tortured.
>>
>>80856817
>>Niki Caro's "Mulan" with no cast attached yet. Will have all-Japanese cast.
L M F A O

chinks btfo
>>
the only one i liked so far was cinderella
>>
>>80856978
I mean Chinese.

Holy shit i'm high.
>>
>>80856817
>Niki Caro's "Mulan" with no cast attached yet. Will have all-Japanese cast

What!? Why cant Zazie Beetz or Thandie Newton play Mulan? Yeah I know it's set in historical Japan, so what. Caring what race plays these characters is RACIST.
>>
>>80856897

I assume what they mean is a more realistic version. Think of the recent Jungle Book. All the animals were CG, but they were done to look as close to real life animals as possible. So the Lion King will be the same thing, it will look like real lions walking around talking instead of cartoony ones.
>>
>>80856817
You forgot Winnie the Pooh, AKA "The Christopher Robin Movie", AKA just a ripoff of Hook
>>
The new Jungle Book was good
>>
>>80857253
i tried watching it last night and got bored 15 minutes in and turned it off
>>
>>80857274
I didn't get bored. Only bad part was the meme actress playing the snake
>>
>>80856817
>four for four

>batb
>cinderella
>jungle book
>maleficent
>alice in wonderland
>>
reminder emma is a goddess
>>
All their live-action projects.

>Jon Favreau's THE JUNGLE BOOK 2,starring Neel Sethi.

>Jon Favreau's THE LION KING.

>Tim Burton's DUMBO.

>Guy Ritchie's ALADDIN.

>MALEFICENT 2, starring Angelina Jolie.

>CRUELLA, starring Emma Stone.

>TINKERBELL, starring Reese Witherspoon.

>SNOW WHITE. No director attached.

>PRINCE CHARMING. No director attached.

>MULAN. No director attached.

>PETER PAN. No director attached.

>THE LITTLE MERMAID. No director attached.

>THE SWORD IN THE STONE. No director attached.

>NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN. No director attached.

>CHIP 'N DALE: RESCUE RANGERS. No director attached.

>ROSE RED, a movie about Snow White's rebellious younger sister. No director attached.

>GENIES, a spin-off of ALADDIN centered on the origin of the Genie. No director attached.

>Marc Foster's CHRISTOPHER ROBIN, centered on an adult Christopher Robin reuniting with his childhood companions led by Winnie the Pooh.

>Lasse Hallstrom's THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS.

>ROCKETEERS, centered on a young woman who adopts the mantle of the Rocketeer at the height of the Cold War to prevent the jetpack technology from falling into the wrong hands.

>OLIVER TWIST, starring Ice Cube as Fagin.

>NOTTINGHAM & HOOD, a "Pirates of the Caribbean"-esque buddy adventure movie centered on Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

>DOM QUIXOTE, a "Pirates of the Caribbean"-esque version of the chronicles of Dom Quixote and Sancho.

>Gary Marshall's MARY POPPINS RETURNS, starring Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins, with Meryl Streep and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

>DISENCHANTED, starring Amy Adams.

>SPLASH, starring Channing Tatum as the Merman and Jillian Bell as the human he falls in love with.
>>
I'm genuinely upset that disney feel the need to repackage all of their old animated movies as live action now. It's like they WANT to enforce the notion that animated films can only ever be for children
>>
>>80856817
So they only make live action movies for their traditionally drawn movies right?

And besides the "big three" of Snow White etc, they mainly make their "revival" movies after Little Mermaid right?

This is because they are mainly milking the millennial generation right?
>>
>>80857747
>>NOTTINGHAM & HOOD, a "Pirates of the Caribbean"-esque buddy adventure movie centered on Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Certified funkino.
>>
>>80857819
How does it enforce that? The new movies are for children as well
>>
>>80857819
Maybe if disney had a better lineup of stuff that isn't for little girls and maybe boys
Not that I don't like some of their stuff but come on, lets be realistic here
>>
>Watching Disney shit

Reddit go home, your wifes son misses you
>>
>>80856817
>They're four for four right now

I don't know about Cinderella but the other three are shit. Yes, including Jungle Book. No idea why it's been praised so highly.

All these films do is make me appreciate the quality of the animated films more. As standalone works they're awful.
>>
>>80856817
>Mulan
>not a musical
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!
>>
>>80856817
>musical
>musical
>musical
Only worth looking forward to is Mulan.
>>
>>80856817

I just saw a preview for The Little Mermaid, except it was a different story and such, so it must be something different.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usl5u9ruA0U
>>
>>80859276

Boys are watching Marvel movies until they're mature enough for Michael Bay.
>>
>>80856817
Pinnochio would be absolute fucking nightmare fuel, I only saw it once when I was 3 and it shat me up good and proper m8.
>>
>>80857173

Sounds awful.
>>
>>80857976
Yes they want to make money, that is why they do things, yes.
>>
File: beauty and the beast dress.jpg (310KB, 523x1974px) Image search: [Google]
beauty and the beast dress.jpg
310KB, 523x1974px
Disney live action movies that are worse than the original cartoons will be at best remembered as fondly as Avatar is.
>>
File: 1463812395288.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463812395288.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>80857078
Holy shit, that's pretty epic.
How did you get so cool?
>>
>>80856817
>>80857101
>Mulan
>All Japanese cast.

Mulan is fucking set in CHINA. WTF?! Do you seriously think there was a Great Wall in motherfucking JAPAN to stop the Hun invasion?!
>>
File: 1466780940383.gif (1MB, 320x194px) Image search: [Google]
1466780940383.gif
1MB, 320x194px
>>80856817
>no Hercules with James Woods reprising Hades
>>
>>80856817
I wanted the musical-movie to return, so, uh, good?
>>
>>80859510
Fuck off
>>
>>80863392
James is blacklisted, silly. There's no room for bigotson Hollywood.
>>
>>80863598
he's too good for disney anyways
>>
File: 1488906792230.jpg (120KB, 670x663px) Image search: [Google]
1488906792230.jpg
120KB, 670x663px
>Mulan without the Man Out of You song
>>
>>80856817
>Will Smith
as the crow, right?

>Aladdin aiming for diverse cast
>inb4 the genie is black

>Mulan
>Japan
>>
>>80863542
Why?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.