[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Force Awakens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (136KB, 719x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
136KB, 719x1080px
Why did hating this become a thing after Rogue 1 came out?
>>
when all the "introverted" antisocial autistic neckbeard neets who live in their parents basement finally got the torrent and started posting their "reviews" and "opinions" on /tv/ like anyone in the entire world fucking cared about what they thought in the lair of despair and cheeto crisps
>>
>THE HANTAVIRUS CAUSES BRAIN LESIONS
>>
>>80852902
many here were shitting over it before R1

I like both, that being said, R1 > TFA though
>>
>>80852902
We always hated it, newfaggot.
>>
>>80852975
It seems like their opinions really upset you, JJ.
>>
File: 1488730171128.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488730171128.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>80853060
>We
>>
>>80853104
>Parks and Rec meme
Gay show for gay people. It was a poor attempt to capitalize on what made the Office great.
>>
>>80852975
>posting their "reviews" and "opinions"
Even if you find them upsetting, is there a real barrier to entry on what constitutes a legitimate opinion that they failed to pass?

>the 4chan "user" makes a "post" on an "imageboard" as though anyone cares about his "opinion" of other people's """opinions""".
>>
>>80852902
This is why >>80852776
>>
File: 1490331289856.png (931KB, 960x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490331289856.png
931KB, 960x900px
>>80852902
BECAUSE ITS A JEW RACEMIXING MOVIE RETARD

WE HATE THE JEWS!!
>>
Star Wars is for retards and faggots, period
>>
>>80853709
>Doesn't end post with a literal period.
>>
>>80853565
But the black man get's friendzoned by the woman in the end. If anything R1 is Jewish propaganda.
>>
>>80853773
Neither are Jewish propaganda, that's the point.

kek
>>
It's always been shit, the honeymoon phase lasted too long
>>
>>80853020

>r1 > tfa

thats like saying aids > cancer
>>
>>80853773
Are you new to 4chan?

You remember these, right?
>>
>>80852902
>Why did hating this become a thing after Rogue 1 came out?
whaaaaaaa?
>>
>>80852902
It sucked from day 1. And I consider R1 barely decent. barely.
>>
>>80852902
Honestly, there was plenty of criticism for Episode VII before Rogue 1 was released. Not sure where you're coming with this.
>>
>>80852902
We hated it from day one, my new friend. :3
>>
TFA is a new hope clone

R1 is a shitty, boring movie with 30 seconds of vader fanservice

modern star wars fans are retards that eat it up
>>
>>80853937
That jaw always cracks me up
>>
Unoriginal plot.
Trying way too hard to be PC and diverse.
Rey is feminist propaganda .
Kylo is just an edgy faggot who can't even win against Rey who literally fights him 10 minutes after realising she is force sensitive despite him being trained by Luke fucking Skywalker himself.

The fucking movie rendered everything the Rebels did in the OT completely pointless. Vaders sacrifice meant nothing.

The entire movie is literally fanservice after that.
At least Lucas had original ideas when making the prequels.
>>
To play OP's advocate, I did notice that in normiedom TFA has gone from beloved franchise saviour to "eh, it's alright, but it's just a remake of ep IV", and it really did take normies 6 to 12 months to get there
>>
>>80854003
This - Star Wars 'fans' are the ultimate fanboys - slap the label on any old shit, add some lightsabres or ewoks, and you're golden
>>
>>80854064
>Rey is feminist propaganda .
huh? A female lead isn't propaganda. They did make some silly jokes about old-school Hollywood like the man taking the woman by the hand to lead her in running away, but that isn't propaganda, either.
>>
>>80854064
>At least Lucas had original ideas when making the prequels.

Right, which is exactly why he made Darth Vader space jesus and the entire clone wars was about Boba Fett clones made from a Boba Fett Clone. He was totally being original and wasn't at all allowing the outside marketing to influence creative decisions.

fuck off.
>>
>>80854003
This

Both movies are shit. Rogue one was slightly better because it was a reskinned story we have already seen. Disney can't handle star wars and I fear for the future of star wars movies and games
>>
File: Cishaurim.jpg (100KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cishaurim.jpg
100KB, 720x360px
I wasn't particularly impressed by Force Awakens but honestly I have to say I enjoyed it more than Rogue One. plenty of valid criticisms for Ep 7 but at least I had fun watching the fucking movie

meanwhile Rogue One struggles to find the balance between what's basically a pg-13 sci-fi adventure movie and the "gritty war film" that the writers touted it as. all the characters were boring as fuck, and jin's friendship with the rebel alliance guy struck me as incredibly hollow. Why are they suddenly getting along in the third act? they have nothing but reasons to distrust each other at that point yet suddenly they make a great team. and the CGI Leia at the end... fucking oooooffffffffff

I liked the funny robot I guess, but that's about it.
>>
>after
>>
>The Force Awakens

This for me. Rogue One was boring. TFA felt grander, better acted, and better scripted.

Name 1 character from Rogue One apart from Jyn or Darth.
>>
>>80854558
Cassian
>>
>>80854558
The robot that smacked the guy in the head.
>>
File: what are we going to do.png (15KB, 79x88px) Image search: [Google]
what are we going to do.png
15KB, 79x88px
>>80854558

Krennic
K2SO

Only listing the new characters, not Tarking or Mothma.

But yeah the rest of the rebel cast are forgettable. I don't even remember them saying their names in the film. It was just like "Hi I have some cool querky niche that you need for the plot to continue, can I join your commando team?"
>>
>>80854703

Tarkin* Before any hardcore nerds get angry at the typo.
>>
>>80852902
>Why did hating this become a thing after Rogue 1 came out?
>after Rogue 1
>after

you're either a newfag or you need to lurk more.
>>
File: Bolbi.png (191KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Bolbi.png
191KB, 500x382px
>>80854558
Bolbi
>>
no, I dislike the force awakens and disliked it after the second time I watched it
Rey is a bad protagonist. she's good at literally everything she does even if it's the first time she's ever done them (out flying two tie fighters, fixing the millennium falcon when han solo couldn't, mind tricking daniel craig, winning a lightsaber duel against kylo ren)

Harrison Ford had a shit performance

I didn't like kylo ren. I like Adam Driver, and just based off what I saw, I think the problems with kylo ren were director based not on his performance.

the whole story as a new hope rehash sucked, the underuse of phasma and poe sucked, I had a bad time with this movie.

ROUGE ONE, on the other hand I enjoyed
Jyn Erso isn't a mary sue, it had a different tone from the other starwars movie, the third act had this nice space vietnam feel, with the enviroment and rebel craft/equipment. Honestly felt a lot like watching mass effect 2, where jyn and cassian build up a team and head off on a suicide mission against an unstoppable foe. Like space shoalin monk was dumb, but otherwise it was a good movie
>>
File: ron burgundy rage mode..jpg (56KB, 1267x639px) Image search: [Google]
ron burgundy rage mode..jpg
56KB, 1267x639px
>>80854703
Try and remember all the characters names from Saving Private Ryan. No Google.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
I swear, any other series and people laugh when you get to the 4th sequel, but Star Wars is just churning them out and neckbeards keep loving it
>>
>>80854839
There was that guy with the gun
>>
>>80854839
There was Ryan
>>
>>80854558
(no google-fu for this, just all names off the top of my head)
Oh, there were some bad characters in Rouge One, and Galen was criminally underused because I like that actor.
If the rouge 1 team was a little smaller, and they didn't waste time with Saw Gerweara who just an heroed for no reason, they would of have time to flesh out the other characters a bit. Imagine if there dumb ham fisted asian sterotype in space guy wasn't there, and his big gun body guard was alone as the last guardian of the temple of the whills. We could toss some flashbacks in for him, and have this lonely guy struggling with ptsd looking for a cause to fight for. But Krennich (krennik?) was cool because he was ambitious, but not the most cunning or even intelligent villian. just a thief standing on Galen's back, and watching a more fleshed out conflict between Galen and Krennich and Tarkin would of been cool.
>>
>>80854839
the retard who took his helmet off and died during the D-Day invasion. Marlon Brando's last great role
>>
>>80855040
>Saw Gerweara who just an heroed for no reason
I damn near said what the fuck in the theater when he said, "I'm through running!" as a small continent-sized wave of destruction approached. Half the characters were pointless. I guess they were to be made toys to sell. The blind Chinese guy, who I thought I would hate most before the movie came out (due to the idiocy of anything other than Jedi being significant) actually was the only one with any kind of discernible character besides the robot.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 650x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 650x445px
>>80854214
This creature from TFA is really very good and it deserves a mention. Wish it had more screentime actually.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>80852902

The honest answer is its not nearly as good the second time you see it. Second viewing has a huge drop-off.

I really enjoyed it in the theater, but after seeing it again I would say it's a 6/10 at best.
>>
>>80855372
the breakout star desu. hope he gets higher billing in episode 8
>>
>>80855189
me too, was just so fucking stupid, and he was just there for continuity fap material anyways because he was in clone wars and rebels. his whole bit just needed to not happen.
>>
>>80852902
When making prequel memes spread from 4chan to reddit.
>>
>>80855040
>>80855189
>>80855590
>"I will run no longer"
He meant it literally m8s
>>
>>80855622
>"I will run no longer"
"Ok. Cya dumbass."
>>
>>80855740
What are they supposed to do? Carry him to the ship?
>>
>>80855852
Yes. Or he can move his own ass with a fire lit under it. Or hop on a hover thingie. Or have the many robots carry him.

These are not issues. It was an idiotic moment.
>>
File: Screenshot (498).png (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (498).png
716KB, 1920x1080px
>>80856210
He's missing a leg and has a walking cane. Also space asthma.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.