[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies like De Palma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Femme.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Femme.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
I've watched all of Brian De Palma's movies, and now I can't force myself to watch anything else. Everything is so lifeless compared to his beautiful use of camera and the playful relationships of his characters. He meets every need with his vast array of movies which transcend genres. But I can't do it anymore, I've already watched them too much. What director uses the lens to showcase such a beautiful drama as Blow Out, who dares to play with ideas of sexual and mental psychotics as in Sisters, Dressed to Kill and Raising Cain? Who uses pop music to accentuate their pictures for such a cultural vortex of desire as in Body Double? What Jew or Goyim can compete with this Italian virtuoso, the angles and illusions unrivaled by even the most acclaimed directors? There's no topping this man and am I not satisfied by any other film or film maker. Please /tv/, I can't undo the De Palma pill. I've already seen the films too much, and I can not forget the beauty of Nancy Allen, I can not wipe the memories laughter, of tears, of joy. I cannot watch them for the first time ever again.
>>
Do you have to return some videotapes, you goofy fag?
>>
60's and 70's Dario Argento (even in some later movies) is pretty close to Brian De Palma's style and camera work.

Not sure about the thematics tho. And Dario filmography went downhill pretty quickly.
>>
>>80840062
Christ what a goddess, a literal 10/10
>>
File: Femme Fatale.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Femme Fatale.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
>>80840228
>>
File: MPW-17374.jpg (44KB, 300x762px) Image search: [Google]
MPW-17374.jpg
44KB, 300x762px
>>80840062
>Implying you seen Obsession
>>
>>80840062
>>80840279
>>80840228
>we need a younger actress to play Mystique as a teen
>let's get that dumpy popular chick
>yeah, that'll be close enough
>>
>tfw only seen Scarface from Palma
>>
>>80841118
I've seen Obsession. It's not some super obscure movie, anon.
>>
>>80842641
But I barely seen any discussion for it on here and it has less then 10,000 votes on IMDB.
>>
Even Phantom of the Paradise?
>>
>>80842806
I barely see any discussion for good movies on here. This is mainly a shitposting board. Was it not always like that?
>>
>>80842864
>Phantom of the Paradise
that movie is so bad it invented AIDS
>>
>>80843077
it freaked me the fuck out when i watched it as a kid
>>
what movie is that in op webm
>>
>DUDE I'M TOTALLY NOT TRYING TO BE AN EDGIER HITICHCOCK LMFAO
He's shit.

Except Blow Out. Blow Out is good.
>>
>>80842806
That's because it's really not a good movie.
>>
File: 82133726447655871213.jpg (197KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
82133726447655871213.jpg
197KB, 2000x1000px
>obsessing over a shitty filmmaker
>>
>>80843077
kill yourself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.