[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who General - /who/ - Nightmare in Silver Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 59

File: Regeneration.gif (997KB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
Regeneration.gif
997KB, 500x150px
Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

Last General: >>80806048

This episode was goat because references of the past and Smith acting like a psycho
>>
>>80838140

>half cynical bastard, half eccentric thrill seeker

I don't know, just sounds like a poorly-written, inconsistent character to me.
>>
>>80838140
>maybe in a few years they will
It's the new Mccoy. It's "cool" to shit on Doctor Who now so people won't appreciate the good stuff while its here. Personally i'm just going to relax and enjoy Moffat's last series before the Chibnall shit age approaches.
>>
File: gurlynigges.png (345KB, 628x726px) Image search: [Google]
gurlynigges.png
345KB, 628x726px
What did Girly Letters mean by this?
>>
Nightmare in Silver was abysmal. Why?

>Annoying as fuck kids who didn't appreciate the wonder that is space and time travel, moaned throughout the whole thing
>Clara is suddenly a badass feisty headstrong bitch
>Matt goes over the top with the ham and scenery chewing
>Cybermen are given awful new voices and a shit new catchphrase
>Cybermen fly
>Cybermen are way too powerful and are even further removed from their original concept
>Not enough explored with the abandoned space theme park setting
>Mr Clever
>Porridge and the gang are all a bit lame
>Horrific dialogue
>Shit new Cybermen design
>>
Nightmare in Silver (Transmission Order - 241)

I ¤¤¤¤ing hated this when it aired. Near plotless "high concept" ¤¤¤¤-wittery of the worst order.

The Good - Jason Watkins is excellent with the tiny amount of piss poor drivel he's asked to spout. Warwick Davies tries his best with some equally ¤¤¤¤e material.

The Bad -Where the ¤¤¤¤ do you start? Right from the opening scene, with the Doctor, Clara, and the two irritating kids sticking their heads out of the TARDIS one by one, Scooby Doo stylee, you know you're in for a right cluster-¤¤¤¤ of ineptitude. (People slag Love & Monsters for going all "Scooby Doo" in its opening sequence - Love & Monster is being told by Elton as an unreliable narrator. There is no such artifice here - we are supposed to believe that is actually how these ¤¤¤¤ing muppets leave the TARDIS.) The entire cast are completely ¤¤¤¤ing wasted - Jason Watkins, Warwick Davies, Tamzin Outhwaite... these are some ¤¤¤¤ING good actors being made to spout the most hideously contrived, ¤¤¤¤-witted, moronic nonsense. "We're a punishment platoon," explains poor old Tamzin, in a fashion which one can only imagine is supposed to elicit "oh, of course!" reactions from the audience in a similar fashion to "it's just a Doctor Moon" from Silence in the Library. Again, we aren't going to react that way because what the ¤¤¤¤ is a punishment platoon? What kind of tit-headed military would EVER come up with the concept of "these soldiers are REALLY ¤¤¤¤e, let's put them all together in a single platoon?" None. They would either shape them up or ship them out, not think, "let's give all these arse-brained simpletons massive, planet-destroying weapons and leave them to it." What the ¤¤¤¤ is the point of the bloody kids? Angie in particular is SO ¤¤¤¤ING ANNOYING. She spends the whole episode delivering, "you're not my mum, I hate you, I'm bored, wah, wah, wah" ¤¤¤¤e.
>>
he is kidnapped by a Cyberman. Is her reaction one of terror? Is she crying with fear? Does she suddenly realise that she's lost, alone, millions of light years from home, and her family will never know how she died horribly at the hands of a metallic monster? No. Of course not. Her reaction is, "put me down, I hate you." ¤¤¤¤ OFF, you little ¤¤¤¤. Her brother is "in chess club at school." Really? So how the ¤¤¤¤ does he lose in two sodding moves with a fool's mate?! Is he just there for the people who can play chess to laugh at? The scene where he decides to switch the lights on would be laughably cliched enough to begin with but it becomes even more hilariously inept when the room he's wandering through is already brightly lit. Murray Gold parping and screeching his way through the score is NEVER going to make that scene effective, the way it's been shot. The stuff with the Cyber Planner taking over the Doctor is equally poor. Why the ¤¤¤¤ does the Doctor's brain being invaded by a cold, logical machine mind result in Matt Smith going even wackier and flailier than usual (an achievement in and of itself?) The scenes set inside the Doctor's head are SO lacking in imagination and they're STILL better than the ¤¤¤¤e in the "real world." "I could call myself Mr Clever." You could. Of course you could. But why the ¤¤¤¤ WOULD you? You're a ¤¤¤¤ing Cyber Planner. From the performance, you should call yourself Mr ¤¤¤¤wit, it's more accurate. ALL of the scenes of the Doctor's "dramatic battle" with the Cyber Planner are woefully piss poor. Undramatically shot, REALLY badly acted by Matt Smith (I can't say I blame him - NOBODY could have made the drivel he's being made to spout sound remotely coherent) and Stephen Woolfenden's direction is appallingly poor. It's shockingly bad throughout, but particularly in the confused mess of a sequence where Tamzin Outhwaite's "character" (I use the word advisedly) is killed.
>>
File: pinkydinky.png (284KB, 618x726px) Image search: [Google]
pinkydinky.png
284KB, 618x726px
WOW 12 in pink actually looks pretty based.
>>
File: 02ecca8be12448571da83113c044a845.jpg (371KB, 736x1156px) Image search: [Google]
02ecca8be12448571da83113c044a845.jpg
371KB, 736x1156px
>>
File: 1490325399942.png (156KB, 357x336px) Image search: [Google]
1490325399942.png
156KB, 357x336px
>>80838430
I love episodes that mentions the other doctors or if a picture or somewhat like appears, it's quite comfy.

And I liked the cyberman make-up on 11th
>>
I thought on initial viewing that the soldier running in had shot her for some reason. It's SO unclear that the Cyberman outside has done it, particularly as the shot in question is utterly impossible from where he's standing. Or is this another Cyber-superpower? The ability to shoot round corners? The "mission statement" for this episode, as we were proudly told again and again in the run up to transmission, was to "make the Cybermen scary again." So why the buggering ¤¤¤¤ did nobody bother to sit down and have a chat about what it is that MAKES Cybermen scary? It's not detachable limbs or super-speed or invulnerability to electric shocks, I'll tell you that ¤¤¤¤ing much for a start. On the subject of super speed, if you give a monster a superpower, you had better ¤¤¤¤ing well tell me why the ¤¤¤¤ they never use it again. The end sequence of the Cybermen advancing on the castle just had me screaming, "why are you marching? ¤¤¤¤ing RUN in and kill them all before they can even see you!" But that would have required a basic grasp of plotting. Even a throwaway technobabble line from the Doctor, after Angie is kidnapped, to the effect of "I've set up an inertial dampening field throughout the complex. They won't be able to use THAT power again!" would have been better than "why aren't they running quickly again? Erm... ooh... erm... LOOK! OVER THERE! <runs away>." The Cybermen aren't scary because they're going to run at you like Usain Bolt. They're not scary because they can impersonate Thing from the Adams Family at will. (On which subject, why does the Cyberman detach his hand to attack that soldier? Couldn't he be bothered turning round? Answer - he does it because that's what he said he does in the script. Again, an easy fix - the soldier hides somewhere that the gap is too tight for the Cyberman to get through. That's if you're determined to make this a "reason they're scary," which you shouldn't because it's PISH.)

>>80838472
>>
>>80838494
I wish they'd done more with it. Instead of just flashing through their faces with Matt clearly just stood in some greenscreen studio.
>>
They're certainly not scary because there are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF THEM! The Cybermen are a race on the edge of extinction, fighting for their very survival. This has forced them down an evolutionary cul-de-sac from which they cannot escape, partly because they switched off the parts of their brain that would make them WANT to escape it. They are not scary because they are going to kill you, or tear you apart, or eviscerate you, or destroy your galaxy. They are scary because they are going to CHANGE everything that is YOU into everything that is THEM. And part of you will still be alive, forever, trapped under emotional inhibitors and metal limbs and enforced electronic obedience. Will that part of you still be aware? Do you still remember who you used to be, after conversion, but that person is no longer able to reach the surface? Are you still aware of what YOU would do in any given situation, while your cybernetic control mechanism makes you relentlessly attempt to do the same to everyone else you ever knew against your will? That's what's scary about Cybermen - the conversion to something other, the repression of self. Thankfully they got rid of the hideously inappropriate "delete" catchphrase, although I'm not fond of "update in progress" as a replacement. Bring back, "You are not like us. You will become like us." This episode didn't make Cybermen scary again because it continued the complete misinterpretation of concept that has been weighing them down since their first new series appearance. Cybermen are scary when they skulk around in the shadows, stealing one or two people at a time for conversion, desperate to simply survive. The most powerful we ever saw the Cybermen in the classic series was Earthshock. And even there, there are so few of them that the thought of an alliance between Earth and Alpha Centauri forced them to launch an all out attack. By stealth. Then we get to the end of the "conflict."
>>
I can only assume that Neil Gaiman learned chess from the Curse of Fenric rule book. "Mate in three moves" usually refers to the number of actual chess moves, otherwise Gary Kasparov could have "won" his chess matches in three moves by 1) stand up; 2) beat opponent into unconsciousness; 3) sit back down. Then, having spent the entire episode demanding that nobody blow up the planet, the solution is... to blow up the planet. Porridge could have got them all off the planet, and beamed the TARDIS onto his ship, within three seconds of meeting them all. But he was feeling a little sorry for himself. Woop de ¤¤¤¤ing doo. And then we get the coda. That ¤¤¤¤ing coda. Not only has the episode failed to make the Cybermen scary for the audience, even the kids think the whole thing was an absolute hoot and they can't wait to have another go. "Thanks for taking me halfway across the Universe where I almost died horribly! See you soon!" And Clara THANKS him for the "kids' day out!" ¤¤¤¤ OFF you vacuous bucket of womble vomit! Yet again, Clara is only "mysterious" because the Doctor keeps saying "she's so MYSTERIOUS!" And that's before the Doctor apparently decides he's going to have a wank over Clara's tight skirt. Woeful ¤¤¤¤e. I've probably missed at least a hundred other things I despise about this absolute train wreck of an episode but I would have to think about it again in order to remember those and I seriously don't ever want to think about this ¤¤¤¤ing ¤¤¤¤e again.

The Ugly - Poor old Matt Smith. This is by far his worst performance as the Doctor. He was ill served throughout most of his tenure but he must have thought things had reached a new low when this steaming turd dropped through his letter box. He's probably had to burn the welcome mat.

Badly written, badly acted, badly directed, ill-conceived, complete and utter worthless bag of garbage. Chalk up another episode I hope to never see again.

Original Score - 1/10
Rewatch Score - 0/10
>>
>>80838430
Also
>"Well... a Wednesday, definitely. Next Wednesday, last Wednesday... (CLARA leaves) one of the Wednesdays. Impossible girl. A mystery wrapped in an enigma squeezed into a skirt that's just a little bit too... tight."
>>
>>80838430
How do you go from Doctors Wife to this? What happened?
Although I don't believe he did, this episode almost makes me believe the rumors that Moffat rewrote most of Doctors Wife.

>>80838590
kek. bravo neil.
>>
>>80838399
No, it isn't "cool" to shit on Doctor Who now. There are just as many fans of Moffat as there are detractors. Go on Gallifrey Base and see for yourself. He has defenders and attackers, and he deserves both.

The world is vast and complicated and not at all black and white. Some people criticise Doctor Who because they genuinely think it's bad. Some of them will make very good points. Some will make spurious over-simplifications and exaggerations. You need to able to to take each piece criticism and evaluate it according to the merits of its argument rather than group all criticism together as a bunch of brainless sheeple following a trend.

Blind dismissal of all criticism as inauthentic is tantamount to delusion or denial. Nothing is perfect, including Doctor Who, and there are things about it people are entirely entitled to criticise as much as praise.

You need to be able to accept and acknowledge that it's ok for people not to like what you like, and if they do, it doesn't make them stupid or shallow or wrong, just different - at least, if you have any interest in being a functioning human being.

If people aren't appreciating the "good stuff" while it's here, it's entirely possible that, to them, it isn't and never will be good, and that's why they're upset.
>>
File: 1461343251532.jpg (5KB, 102x146px) Image search: [Google]
1461343251532.jpg
5KB, 102x146px
>>80838577
>¤¤¤¤ing
Are you just recycling GB posts now?
>>
>>80838649
It's true though.
>>
File: 1481733119074.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1481733119074.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>>80838543

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXQ_qmD-fmA

My first doctor was 11th and I remember that scene in Let's Kill Hitler when the interface started to show Donna, Martha and Rose I didn't knew it who they were and I knew it they were special, I think that was important to make me interested to watch the other seasons, not just the NuWho but the rest and the movie.[

I didn't see 12th having much of these references to his past, just the dinner in the middle of the desert of 11th and I guess that's all, right?
>>
>>80838612
I agree about Moffat rewriting TDW. There's no other explanation. Gaiman can cry about losing the script, having to rewrite the whole thing, but the core story elements are fucking shite. And then the production was horrific too. Must've been a big rush job.
>>
>>80838741
Apparently the original story had victorian Clara (she was going to be the companion originally) and her kids that she was taking care of. So it was basically the same except with Modern Clara and Modern kids. The story was just bad. Gaiman dropped the ball.
>>
>>80838787
Can't help but feel not having Victorian Clara as the 7B companion was a missed opportunity.
>>
>>80838442
>>80838472
>>80838509
>>80838545
>>80838577

10/10, absolutely fucking brilliant

Is it pasta from somewhere else? Got a source? Would read this man's reviews every time.
>>
File: C7dOXbFXgAA7zsd.jpg (92KB, 986x566px) Image search: [Google]
C7dOXbFXgAA7zsd.jpg
92KB, 986x566px
>>
>>80838819
It's a guy from Gallifreybase.
http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190482
I really like his taste and his way of doing reviews.
>>
>>80838729
There's the Jelly Babies in Mummy, he also does a voice of the 4th Doctor in that episode.
Maybe some other small stuff.
>>
>>80838933
Didn't he say "are you my mummy"
>>
>>80838933
The trousers he wears in the Girl Who Died episodes are like a callback to Troughton's costume. In the same story, we get a 10/Donna flashback.

River pulls out a wallet full of photos of his different faces.

There's a photo of Hartnell in the Zygon story.

Can't think of any others at the mo.
>>
>>80838987
The First and Fourth Doctor appear at the beginning of TWF when Missy was telling Clara a story.
>>
>>80838814
Tbh I thought she was kind of robotic. Although I guess so was Clara in S7.

Remember the death scene when she falls off the cloud? That was so shit.
>>
>>80838987
Not a Doctor Who reference but in one of the zygon episodes there was "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" written on one of the walls. I thought that was cool.
>>
>>80838644
The problem is: what one 'fan' praises, another will criticize. Which is why I prefer to try to get an 'overall' idea of what fans think, which can be almost impossible.

Ratings on IMDb and similar are probably the best way of attempting to judge what's popular within the fandom.
>>
No Who on Comic Relief

https://twitter.com/edwardrussell/status/845323850434928640
>>
>>80839144
I felt Victorian Clara had more to her, more potential than "IMPOSSIBLE GIRL BECAUSE EVERYONES SAYING IT" desu. She would've been able to react differently to things, rather than being a mesh of the 4 or 5 modern day females before her, and they could've used Victorian London as a base rather than keep coming back to 2013 London.
>>
>>80839251
Yeah it's been interesting seeing what /who/ likes being a newfag compared to other places.
>>
>>80839324
>https://twitter.com/edwardrussell/status/845323850434928640
Missed opportunity. They could at least show a non-spoilery teaser clip from episode 1.
>>
>>80839324
fuck BBC. Ever since Capaldi came in they stopped caring about the show. I bet once Chibnall casts a young hot guy they'll do marketing pushes again. Cunts. Also where the fuck is the S9 soundtrack? Fucking bastards.
>>
>>80839324
When will this ¤¤¤¤¤¤ resign as brand manager or whatever and let someone competent take over.
>>
>>80839400
>Mrs Brown's Boys Agnes Brown gives us a sneak peek of her new chat show All Round to Mrs Brown's.

>Peter Kay's Car Share Exclusive first look at the second series of Peter Kay's BBC iPlayer sitcom

The only 'promotional' stuff I've spotted in the schedule. Feel free to add any more.
>>
>>80839511
I think Gareth has been trying to troll him into an early retirement
>>
>>80839476
Beeb sold the soundtracks.
>>
>>80838476
t. Rachael Stott
>>
>>80839676
I love the picture of him Gareth keeps tweeting
>>
>>80839677
nah they only sold the rights to use it iirc
silva screen still has it.
it will never be released. bbc is shit.
>>
File: 1472562364206.png (118KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1472562364206.png
118KB, 500x284px
Why does people love Gareth? It's impossible to have one thread without mention him.
>>
File: leaked.jpg (918KB, 1201x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leaked.jpg
918KB, 1201x1080px
>tfw never
>>
So what do you guys think of Ninja Steel so far?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzJcCY3LAE
>>
File: 1475857247036.png (165KB, 414x432px) Image search: [Google]
1475857247036.png
165KB, 414x432px
>>80839997
>We now have power ranger posters in generals

I'm sick of all of you and your repetitive generals, you guys have more than one general
>>
>>80839692
Someone redpill me on the "t." meme, it's ungoogleable.
>>
>>80840135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAw8OKpx6Lw
>>
>>80839803
/Who/res love his contributions to the Whoniverse.
>>
>>80840794
That means "regards" in Finnish. You ironically add it to other people's posts.
>>
How big was the Dalek Emperor in Evil of the Daleks?
>>
File: IMG_5784.jpg (412KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5784.jpg
412KB, 1152x2048px
Missy on set
>>
>>80840880
also Parting of the Ways
>>
File: IMG_20170324_191853.jpg (611KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_191853.jpg
611KB, 1152x2048px
MISSY NOW HAS A HUSBAND
>>
File: 1490217269125.png (1020KB, 1016x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1490217269125.png
1020KB, 1016x1125px
>>80840982
Post your face when it's actually the REAL Master
>>
>>80840894
Is that the new male master beside her? that was rumoured?
>>
>>80840894
Capaldi's head looks massive.
>>
File: 1459532477053.png (93KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
1459532477053.png
93KB, 265x258px
>>80840869
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>80840982
I can't be the only one who things that dude beside Missy looks like the back of Delgado???
>>
>>80840894
>everyone looks Victorian
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80840982
Post in GB, start another war, now.
>>
>>80841214
Too many of were killed in the last raid, literally most of us were banned. We don't have enough anons to pull off another raid yet.
>>
>>80840894
Just the Doctor, Missy and male Master? I think it's safe to assume this is near the end of episode 12 and Nardole and Bill are dead kek.
>>
>>80840982
>>80840894
What if it's Matt Smith?
>>
File: 1472774762418.jpg (32KB, 598x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472774762418.jpg
32KB, 598x334px
>>80841270
>tfw is banned it's been 5 days and want to shitpost with my nickname not with some ordinary created account
>>
>>80841312
Nah this will just be Death in Heaven 2. Now Bill is the Cyberwoman and Nardole is crying about it.
>>
>>80841320
Doens't look him from the back, looks like a guy closer to Capaldi's age from his posture.
>>
>>80840894
>>80840982
fake news!
>>
>>80840982
Husband looks like S8 Capaldi
>>
It's a Doctor clone. Missy made her own friend with his face seeing how the real Doctor wouldn't play with her.

Screencap this.
>>
>>80841411
>Full villain Capaldini
Make it happen
>>
>>80841411
>the Doctor kept an evil clone of himself made by Missy in the basement the whole time
YOU CRACKED THE CODE
>>
>>80841384
>yfw its S8 12 in the basement
>yfw its like that one Colin audio and we see the early and older versions of the characters together

that would be p kino desu
>>
>>80841442
T. Valeyard Capaldi
>>
Evil Clones are boring and cliche. Nightmare in silver, ugh.
>>
>>80841442
You figured out /who/'s clues!

This would be pretty cool.
>>
>>80841442
That doesn't like a nice plot, this is going to be bad
>>
New character on set with Missy is called Mister. Future incarnation? New character?
>>
>>80841619
>implying /who/ is ever right on plot details
>>
>>80841442
That would be awful.
>>
>>80840982
I'm Ronald, shortens to Ronnie.
Well, I couldn't very well keep calling myself "The Rani" now could I?
>>
File: DoctorWhoGeneral.jpg (2MB, 1413x1233px) Image search: [Google]
DoctorWhoGeneral.jpg
2MB, 1413x1233px
>>80841574
>>
>>80841641
what if missy regenerated changed gender? imagine a genderfluid time lady, that would be amazing
>>
>>80841651
>implying /who/ is ever wrong
It's the show who is wrong.
>>
>>80841727
Back to tumblr you freak.
>>
>>80841731
>implying /who/ is ever right

You should NEVER listen to /who/. No matter what the post says. Its wrong by virtue of being on /who/.
>>
>>80841782
including yours?
>>
>>80841691
Wouldn't guy Rani be called Raja?

Which is cultural appropriation as fuck.
>>
>>80841809
Yes.
>>
My bet is it is the Doctor, Missy and some other Time Lord working together, there is a bigger threat than just the Master this series, Missy will likely just be the frenemy again.
>>
>>80841112
Nah, just the hair growing to epic proportions.
>>
>>80840982
That's the Master. Missy was never the Master, and this is Moffat's twist. Screenshot this
>>
>Missy wasn't the Master
>She's the Master's wife
>Or his Mistress
>Real Master was Prisoner Zero, punished by Rassilon, and has been spending the entire Moffat era getting a new form

PLEASE make this happen Moffat. It would actually be a good twist
>>
File: CapaldiFace3.png (4MB, 1351x2105px) Image search: [Google]
CapaldiFace3.png
4MB, 1351x2105px
>>80841979
>It would actually be a good twist
>>
>>80842004
It would. 12 and Missy are basically friends now, imagine if the real Master killed her. How would the doctor feel? The Master's always been a chauvinist. What if Missy was actually the Kandyman and the Rani's child?
>>
>>80842086
Go to bed Russell.
>>
File: mistress wink.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
mistress wink.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>>80841270
I survived by 'being nice'. Just browse there for hints about 13th Doctor at the mo.
>>
>>80842086
>>80841979
This actually sounds GOAT
>>
That guy in the middle is Nardoles true form.
>>
>>80842219
Or the Master married Missy/Himself and had a daughter. Would be the kind of depraved thing the Master would do.
>>
>>80838391
Agree with this, Capaldi is great, but every series his personality changes and this wont be any different
>>
>>80838644
>No, it isn't "cool" to shit on Doctor Who now.
But it is. Normies hate the show now.
>>
File: 1481788235860.png (571KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1481788235860.png
571KB, 500x700px
GET HYPE

https://www.omaze.com/experiences/Dr_who
>>
>>80842317
That was part of his character progression. Series 8 he was insecure and Cynical, and series 9 he got a bit better and happier, and series 10 he will have a stable personality which will be 50 percent series 8 and 50 percent series 10.
>>
File: Porn Collin.jpg (83KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
Porn Collin.jpg
83KB, 500x389px
>>80842440
What would it be the first thing to say to all the seven doctors united on the table /who/?

If I win I swear for god I will use a shirt with Porn Colling face, that will be my legacy, already donated 50$
>>
>>80842481
We haven't really seen S10 though so kind of early to say what he'll be like. I expect it will be like Mysterio.
I agree with you though, Its basically what Colin wanted them to do with his Doctor but sadly he was stuck with Eric Saward and other hacks.
>>
File: s10 hype train.jpg (3MB, 1436x2150px) Image search: [Google]
s10 hype train.jpg
3MB, 1436x2150px
>>
They're almost done the finale filming right? only a week left to shoot?
>>
>>80842118
A-a-and the reveal could have a sexy pop song playing over it! Britney Spears, maybe? Katy Perry? Flo Rida?

SEXY!
>>
>>80842440
i would honestly spend the whole time with colin because nobody else would talk to him
>>
File: chinball sees alll.png (91KB, 220x198px) Image search: [Google]
chinball sees alll.png
91KB, 220x198px
>>80842317
The Doctor has always been an eccentric thrill seeker. But the 'focus' of the show in nuwho has always been his effect on companions.

Will Chibnall decide to focus on the Doctor more instead, and the Gallifrey stuff, with the companion as a side character? Or vice versa?

Interesting times ahead.
>>
>>80843045
The Doctor won't appear in Chibnalls series. He'll bring back Jenny from S4 and we'll get adventures with her instead.
>>
>>80843045
Come up names for alternate universe Time Lords

We already have the Word Lords.
>>
>>80843140
YES. and more stories set on modern day earth please, i dont care about exploring some gay alien planets lol
>>
>>80843504
Bumlords
>>
>>80843504
Eon Govenors
Generation Dukes
Epoch Kings
Temporal Overseers
Eternity Barons
Chrono Commanders
Timey Wimey Lordy Wordies
>>
>Pearl Mackie will never be your girlfriend

Why live?
>>
Nazi vs Daleks episode

y/n?
>>
>>80838644
Gallifrey Base has been dead as the fandom since 2014. The official tumblr tag's even deader and is 90% Tennant and Smith memes.
>>
File: 16837346570.jpg (98KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
16837346570.jpg
98KB, 485x700px
>>80843956
Might be amusing to see Nazis encounter something that's much better at being a Nazi than they are, but it would have a lot of aesthetic territory in common with Victory.
>>
>>80843956
WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEAAA
>>
>>80843820
>Pearl Mackie will never be Jenna Coleman

I just want to end it senpai.
>>
LMAO TRUMP BTFO
>>
File: bret vyon.jpg (54KB, 431x640px) Image search: [Google]
bret vyon.jpg
54KB, 431x640px
>>80844113
...by anything in particular? Or just that sort of a day?
>>
>>80844282
turn on cnn
>>
>>80844307
no, pls spoonfeed.
>>
>>80841922

Capaldi is the new Pertwee.
>>
>>80844587
trump is finished
>>
>>80844783
He's not. We will continue to fight the radical left until our dying breath.
>>
>>80844826
>until our dying breath

which will hopefully be soon. bash the fash
>>
CAN THEY RELEASE SOMETHING
LITERALLY SOMETHIUNG
WHY THEY ARE NOT PROMOTING IT
>>
>>80844917
Because they HATE it and they want it to DIE FOR SOME REASON

WHYYYYYY
>>
>>80844917
bbc doesn't care about the show anymore
now that capaldi is leaving they'll probably just save their money for chibnall
cunts
>>
>>80844917
bc they are announcing the 13th doctor on april 2nd in a doctor who extra on bbc1, which will be announced tomorrow or sunday
>>
>>80844959
where did this meme gossip came from
>>
>>80844998
its happening and i can tell you that the new doctor is jonathan bailey. he was in time heist
>>
>>80845064
where did this meme gossip came from
im asking until you respond
>>
>>80845094
a source
>>
>>80845155
>a source
Fuck off back to Gallifrey Base, ya cryptic prick.
>>
One of the biggest Doctor Who communities in Russia did a best episode survey among 5000 entries
So top10 list is:
1. Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead
2. Blink
3. Day of the Doctor
4. Vincent and Doctor
5. Empty Child / Doctor Dances
6. Pandorica / Big Bang
7. Heaven Sent
8. Angels take Manhattan
9. Good man goes to War
10. Girl in the fireplace

I'm pretty dissapointed honestly.
>>
>>80845320
Yobanyje plebei
>>
>>80841411
>>80841411
>It's a Doctor clone. Missy made her own friend with his face seeing how the real Doctor wouldn't play with her.

>MISSY: I made my own robot Doctor to keep my company. Stole the technology from the Daleks. What do you think?
>DOCTOR: What? Why would you--
>MISSY: Remember when you made a robot Master?
>DOCTOR: No.
>MISSY: Well, that's because it's not canon. But I remember anyway. Go on, tell everyone to google it. I love when you say that word. Goooooooogle.
>>
>>80845320
Why are you disappointed? They're all good episodes.
>>
>>80845320
Twonk
>>
So when are we finally going to get a proper Mandela Effect episode?
>>
>>80845320
I didn't know Russians were such moffags.
>>
File: Gulag.jpg (215KB, 649x953px) Image search: [Google]
Gulag.jpg
215KB, 649x953px
>>80845320
>no RTD episodes
>>
>>80845320
Fucking shit taste, Russia
>>
>>80846025
but they did last season?? it was called the Mendala Affect
>>
>>80846058
whatever happened to Abatap? is he in hibernation until Avatar 2?
>>
>>80844917
>>80844943
>>80844957
>Charlotte Moore, Controller, BBC One says: ...I have decided to schedule Steven’s BIG FINALE SERIES in Spring 2017 to BRING THE NATION TOGETHER for what will be a HUGE EVENT on the channel. 2016 is spoilt with NATIONAL MOMENTS including the Euros and Olympics and I want to hold something BIG back for 2017 - I PROMISE IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!
>>
What would happen if it turned out one of the actors who played the Doctor was a pedophile? would they erase that Doctor? for example I think it's highly likely Peter Capaldi is a pedo.
>>
File: 1366950777834.png (46KB, 681x222px) Image search: [Google]
1366950777834.png
46KB, 681x222px
>>80846480
KGB got him
>>
>>80846490
>Brazilian Olympics
>French UEFA Euros
>National moments
>>
>>80838442
>Again, we aren't going to react that way because what the ¤¤¤¤ is a punishment platoon? What kind of tit-headed military would EVER come up with the concept of "these soldiers are REALLY ¤¤¤¤e, let's put them all together in a single platoon?" None.
Except that it is a real thing—and, even more importantly, it's a ridiculously common subject for military dramas and comedies. The Dirty Dozen, for example, is one of the most famous war movies ever made, and it's about… well, you can probably guess from the title, right?

This would be like starting a review of the Marian Conspiracy with:
>Evelyn is asking for "hot cocoa", in a fashion which one can only imagine is supposed to elicit "oh, of course!" reactions from the audience. But we aren't going to react that way because what the fuck is a hot cocoa? What kind of tit-headed idiot would EVER even think of heating up chocolate? None. Because it would melt all over your trousers.

In real life, you can trace back the Nazi Strafbattalions through Napoleon and Renaissance warfare to the medieval Landsknecht, who could never get enough volunteers (even at double pay) for the Verlorene Haufen units to lead the spearhead of an assault on a well-defended position, so they turned to men under discipline from other units and even civilian prisoners broken out of jail. (And the idea is almost certainly much older, there just aren't many written military records going back much further.)

But again, real life isn't even the issue. It's hard to imagine anyone could have never heard of the idea unless he'd never watched a single war movie, anti-war drama, or wartime comedy.
>>
File: Farage.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Farage.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>80846663
>Tumblrina in charge of evidence.
>>
>>80846663
just never mention/reference them again, probably. even erasing them would draw attention to them in a roundabout way. that particular doctor would be the elephant in the tardis, so to speak
>>
File: introducing.png (104KB, 435x250px) Image search: [Google]
introducing.png
104KB, 435x250px
>>
File: Happy Tennant.jpg (59KB, 526x413px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Tennant.jpg
59KB, 526x413px
>>80846663
We know it's you Tennant
>>
>>80846773
Yeah, the only other real option would be to go the exact opposite extreme—recast him with someone who looks and acts completely different and hope to replace his memory. But that would be a whole lot of work, and risk, for not much benefit. Much simpler to just not talk about him.
>>
>>80846782
This Tennant is a pedo without a doubt.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 289x174px
The face of a kiddie fiddler.
>>
>>80846847
the only noticeable difference might be no more 'group shots', like the one in Day of the Doctor or Nightmare in Silver where all the Doctor's faces show up
>>
Nah none of the new Doctors are pedos. Not too sure about some of the classics. But Capaldi, Tennant and Smith without a doubt like their grown women.
>>
>>80844826
>We
Please, leave the thread, and take the rest of "you" with you.
>>
>>80846946
>Tennant sees a school bus.jpg
>>
>>80846782
Child molestation is a cycle.

One day, a like boy named Peter saw a flyer that said:

>Och, you! Big Doctor Who fan? Want signed pics of William Hartnell? Come to the van on the corner of Bathgate Road at 4:00, and don't tell your parents!

He doesn't remember exactly what happened, but he feels uncomfortable whenever he looks at his collection of signed Hartnell photos.

And then, years later, he found himself leaving this flyer:

>Och, you! Big Doctor Who fan? Want signed pics of Peter Davison? Come to the van on the corner of Bathgate Road at 4:00, and don't tell your parents!

And a young boy named David saw them, and the cycle continues…
>>
>>80845320
>One of the biggest Doctor Who communities
Пapaшa Кaти Maкyхи, чтo ли? He yдивлён.
>>
File: Bailbag.jpg (41KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Bailbag.jpg
41KB, 620x413px
>>80845064
A young white English pretty boy. The most bland, fangirl-pandering and corporate Doctor yet! If this happens I'll become a Classic Series/Big Finish purist. He's not even a good actor. In Time Heist and Broadchurch he has the charisma of a cardboard cut-out. Oh fuck it's him isn't it?
>>
File: nigga.png (159KB, 279x305px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.png
159KB, 279x305px
Okay /who/ in all seriousness who do you think the guy beside Missy is?

>No Capaldi clone answers pls.
>>
>>80846978
Fortunately, RTD kind of set things up starting in S2 by giving us more and more frequent shots of one or two Doctors at a time but never all of them at once. Do a lot of that—and maybe a lot of multi-Doctor episodes with just two or three—and people won't notice you're never doing the all-13-sir shots.
>>
File: langham.jpg (14KB, 203x152px) Image search: [Google]
langham.jpg
14KB, 203x152px
>>80846773
>that feel when elephant
>>
>>80847158
Hartnell clone
>>
File: First_Doctor_is_sneaky.jpg (24KB, 435x277px) Image search: [Google]
First_Doctor_is_sneaky.jpg
24KB, 435x277px
>>80847158
>No Capaldi clone answers pls.
Okay - it's a Papaldi plone.
>>
>>80847158
It's either the next Master, or

It is the Master, and Missy was the Master's wife and not actually the Master at all; The Master was Prisoner Zero and now he's regained his corporeal form after having Missy be his puppet.
>>
>>80847146
yes this is who i have been told. his casting matches the mirror's description/article too

>>80847158
that's new master who shows up in the finale
>>
>>80847158
The Valeyard
>>
File: Redditwarden.png (157KB, 556x362px) Image search: [Google]
Redditwarden.png
157KB, 556x362px
ITT: Professional Pedodars
>>
>>80847108
Maши Шмидт жe.
>>
>>80847317
He yдивлён (дyбль двa).
>>
>>80847158
Some side character and temporary ally of Missy's? Who cares?
>>
>>80847296
The Master wouldn't side with the Valeyard. The Master actually defended the Doctor in court against the Valeyard kek.
>>
>>80847431
This isn't death in heaven.
>>
>>80847158
Jenna Coleman
>>
>>80847270
While it would be a good twist, Missy not being the Master would be a huge disservice to Gomez who put all the effort into being the real Master.
>>
>>80847594
>While it would be a good twist,
But it wouldn't. I mean, it would be unexpected. But it would still be shit.
>>
File: 1275898258063.jpg (30KB, 445x350px) Image search: [Google]
1275898258063.jpg
30KB, 445x350px
>>80847078
This is canon.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 299x168px
''NUUUUUUUH AYM NUT GUD''

T.Missy
>>
>>80841913
This would be GOAT, if it was like Straxus or Drax
>>
>Series 8's big twist: The Master is a woman!
>Series 10's big twist: The Master isn't a woman!
BRAVO 4chan.
>>
>>80847158
>MISSY: Hello, Sweetie. You like being called that, don't you? Well, I've got a spoiler for you. Guess who this is?
>DOCTOR: Oh no no no no no.
>MISSY: Yes, that's right. You, say something.
>MASTER: What's going on here?
>MISSY: No, no, you're supposed to say something insulting about your later incarnation. Complain about how I redecorated your TARDIS.
>DOCTOR: So it really is--
>MISSY: Yes, it's my very first me. Right after he fled Gallifrey, chasing after his best friend. Before he'd killed anyone. Before he'd teamed up with those nasty plastic flowers or the Daleks or anyone else.
>DOCTOR: Missy, you can't kidnap your old incarnations.
>MISSY: Why not? You get to do it all the time. Sure, the Time Lords do all the dirty work for you, but it's the same thing.
>DOCTOR: The Time Lords gather my past incarnations in times of ridiculous danger, when it's the only way to save the universe.
>MISSY: But that's what this is about. I'm going to save the universe. From me. Remember the Logopolitans? How many trillions of people did I kill there? Probably more than Davros in his wildest dreams! Omega couldn't come close. And that's just one day in all my millennia. Time to save them all, all my victims!
>DOCTOR: But that's already happened. If you want to atone for it, I can help you, but you can't change your own past.
>MISSY: Sure I can. What do you think will happen when I kill him? I'll probably just pop out of existence right away, no fuss, no mess. But what about the rest of reality? I wish I could see what happens. But at least I know you'll get to see it.
>MASTER: Doctor, is that you? Is this really the future me? She's insane! Please, save me!
>MISSY: Oh yes, save him, Doctor. You save everyone. Even me. And all you have to do to save him is kill me. Just murder your best friend, and take on the responsibility for all the trillions of murders he's going to commit, and you'll save the universe.
>>
File: DWS9MagiciansPix3.jpg (24KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DWS9MagiciansPix3.jpg
24KB, 640x426px
What does /who/ think of my taste in tv Masters? (not including crispy Master or big finish).

1.Delgado
2.Gomez
3.Jacobi
4.Ainley
5.Simm
6.Roberts
>>
>>80847686
Damn Gomez is weirdly hot.
>>
File: shalka8.gif (802KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
shalka8.gif
802KB, 360x200px
>>80847802
You've got Jacobi there, but where's Jacobi?
>>
Monk and Drax are back in the finale. They help the Doctor and Missy against a dark foe.
>>
The stalkers will be back on location on Monday, Orford is leading the assault. Where the fuck do they get the money to keep this up?
>>
File: missy.jpg (34KB, 297x292px) Image search: [Google]
missy.jpg
34KB, 297x292px
>>80847774
>mfw this is better than what we'll get
>>
>>80847910
>No Rani
>No War Chief
>No Vansell
>No other members of the Deca
Feels bad man
>>
>>80847774
It would actually be pretty cool if that dude is the First Master as an adult.
>>
>>80847996
Of course he is. Gotta get his 128th autograph and photo. Is Mattyboy gonna be there?
>>
>>80845320
>Potatofags like Moffat

Almost makes up for their social conservatism.
>>
>>80848127
Shut up, Gary. Go work on that Prisoner Zero cartoon you keep promising.
>>
>>80848193
Excuse me, but us Irish are the potato fags not the Russians.....
>>
>>80847900
3?
>>
File: yana.jpg (74KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
yana.jpg
74KB, 500x288px
>>80848308
Well, if Jacobi is 3, then where's Jacobi?
>>
File: IMG2011.png (144KB, 368x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG2011.png
144KB, 368x249px
lads
>>
>>80848363
WAT.
>>
>>80848363
>no similar images

IT'S REAL
>>
>>80848150
>mfw my stupid jokes are always better ideas than my serious attempts
You're right, now that I think about it more seriously, that could actually be pretty cool with a few tweaks.
>>
File: IMG2012.png (65KB, 282x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG2012.png
65KB, 282x213px
LADS!
>>
>>80848363
Holy shit, what if it is the First Doctor plus Capaldi against Missy plus the First Master????
>>
>>80848363
>>80848428
Kinda wish it was McGann but excited none the less.
>>
>>80848363
Oh shit!
>>
>>80848247
Peruvians are the original potatofags.

But nobody here is original Peruvian, so I guess OK.
>>
>NuWho Romana played by Kelly MacDonald
When /who/?
>>
>>80848363
JUST MESSING WITH YA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLwLV1W2H_c

It's a screencap from Behind the scenes of Adventure in Space and Time

3:23
>>
>>80848428
WEEEEEEEW HE ACTUALLY LOOKS GOAT.
>>
>>80847996
Hold on. Adam the man Orford can drive?
God help us all.
>>
File: Gareth.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gareth.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>80839803
He's /ourguy/
>>
File: ебасос.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ебасос.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>80848363
Oh my giddy aunt.
>>
>>80848428
It's a still from AITAS but still
>>
>>80848363
Nice try asshole, that's BTS of Adventure in Space and Time
>>
>>80848531
Tweak this and shitpost to GB
>>
>>80848438
But the first master was before he went bad
>>
>>80848363
From Adventure in Space and Time, you can tell cos that's the Totter's Lane set they used.

Someone post it on GB though?? They might fall for it
>>
File: angry 9.gif (980KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
angry 9.gif
980KB, 245x180px
>>80848490
>>
>>80848363
>>80848428
Somebody tweet this. This is some good bait.
>>
>>80848566
The Master was bad as a kid... the Master turned maniac as soon as he looked into the eye of harmony as a babe.
>>
>>80848473
>Kelly MacDonald
I get the idea of a Scottish Romana to go with Scottish Doctor and Missy, but it's still hard to imagine her as Romana.
>>
>>80848585
This. Someone with a twitter put it on DWSR or GB.
>>
>>80848490
brutal
>>
Anything Who on Comic Relief?
>>
>>80848473
Never. Romana isn't "relatable" enough to be a modern companion. It'll be more feisty young modern-day British women. Yay.
>>
>>80848605
Nah, First Master was more like Super Hans. He heard the drums all the time, but he thought it was a pretty good beat and he was into it. It wasn't until he got to an incarnation that wanted to listen to classic music and theme songs for under-5 shows that they started to get irritating and he finally crazy go nuts.
>>
>>80848692
Tennant's appearing on Graham Norton.

That's literally it.

The BBC hate Doctor Who. MY DOCTOR FUCKING WHO.
>>
Did they get 9's look from the Verve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74
>>
>>80848605
>Taking sound of drums as canon
>Not taking Master as canon
>Not taking The Dark Path as canon
>>
>>80848630
She needs a role in who. Like a big one.
>>
>>80848712
Romana as a companion would be terrible, and not just for casuals. She'd be a middle-aged hyper-competent professional turned hippie dropout story, like a bad early 70s movie, rather than a young woman exploring the universe.

Romana as a guest character in a 2-parter, that could work. Or a recurring character that shows up whenever he goes back to Gallifrey.
>>
File: the chibnall era.jpg (73KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
the chibnall era.jpg
73KB, 640x357px
>>80848692
>>80848749
>series 10 starts in less than a month
>you'd hardly know it
>barely any promo
>no comic relief
>still no S9 OST

Will Chibnall save Doctor Who?
>>
You know I could buy the Johnathan Bailey. It fits whats happened before.
>>
>>80849072
He's a twink who can't act. NO.
>>
>>80849028
And the BBC are surprised when it gets low viewing figures. They never promote it. The trailer hasn't aired on BBC1 once, so the general public will not know it's on.

The only reason I can think of for not showing it is they want to announce the 13th Doctor first, but I really doubt it

>mfw /who/, twitter, and GB autists are the only ones who know its coming back

Chibnall might save it if they air a Series 11 trailer in 2019.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Lvd8v8o-8

Did they actually use the same cameras they used in the 60's to film this? Or was it all edited to look like an old 60's tape in post?
>>
>>80849117

Already appeared in an episode of DW check
Young white English pretty boy. check
Fangirl pandering check

He fits.
>>
>>80849207
He was in Broadchurch too, so he's already worked with Chibnall.
>>
>>80849123
>so the general public will not know it's on.

Bullshit. They promote the hell out of it on FB. We live in a different time now. everyone has cellphones and fb. every other day this week the DW fb page has been reminding us that april 15 is the date. They keep posting the time for heroes hastag as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljVwPNTGBM

Would he work?
>>
>>80849123
>The trailer hasn't aired on BBC1 once
Sure this isn't true? Has anyone here seen the trailer on TV?
>>
>>80849411
*surely
>>
>>80849411

It probably has but whats the point? nobody watches live tv anymore except millennials. They do all their marketing on twitter and FB now.
>>
>>80849411
can confirm i haven't seen it on BBC1 at all. nor have I seen the other trailer. only seen them online
>>
>>80840894
So Roger Delgado is back?
>>
>>80849411
It literally premiered on BBC1
>>
>>80849507
he has been dead for 44 years
>>
>>80841157
You're not. It really does
>>
>>80849557
I meant other than the premiere.
>>
>>80848863
She's actually who I see first as the female companion in my dream TARDIS team, except it's her from about 15 years ago.

The Doctor visits a collapsing civilisation (Anasazi or Maya, or maybe alien). One surviving town, cut off from the rest, is about to fall, and he can't save them. But he does rescue the granddaughter of the singer/historian, who's been training to take over from him because there are no male relatives left. She eventually leaves to become a historian or archeologist at a future Earth-colony university, like the original Erimem plan.
>>
>>80849468
>nobody watches live tv anymore except millennials
I think you got this backwards. Kids don't watch tv anymore. They go straight to hulu or netflix on their tablets and phones. It's the older generations that are still under the mindset the only way to watch a show is on tv.
>>
>>80849480
I can also confirm that I haven't seen it on BBC1. But then I don't have a TV.
>>
https://youtu.be/9MGao30JwgQ
>>
>>80849602
Kids don't go to Hulu or Netflix. Who wants to watch some 45-minute video when you can watch 20 YouTube clips in the same amount of time?
>>
>>80849641
That joke got stale 11 years ago.
>>
Lenny Henry

Black
Lost weight, looks good
Worked with Chibnall

LENNY HENRY IS 13 YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
>>
>>80849641
Interesting fact: Warwick Davis kept having children until they stopped dying from his genetic condition.
>>
>>80849968
that would be good actually
>>
>>80849968
He could be really good, but isn't he a little old to follow a Doctor who people are complaining is too old? What is he, 60 or so?
>>
Matt Lucas on the Comic Relief telethon. Basically asked if he's the new assistant, he said yes, and they moved on to other people. Brilliant.
>>
>>80849968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60shMyabeMo
>>
>>80843504
>ywn fuck Nobody
;_;
>>
>>80850587
It's amazing how many lines from parody Doctor Who sketches, I can imagine Matt Smith delivering for real.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170324-192234.png (492KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170324-192234.png
492KB, 720x1280px
"I just keep surviving while everyone else DYES. That's the price of immortality."
>>
>>80839324
>Former practicing homosexual. Now fully qualified.
how fucking dull do you need to be as a human being that the fact you're gay is what you want to be the most known thing about you?
>>
>>80851925
he tweeted the other day that he'd come up with "the best joke" for a twitter bio. then he posted that.

what a comedian
>>
>>80844917
They want to save their money for chibnall who will need a larger marketing push because of the new direction
>>
>>80838312
Is this show any good now?

I gave up 3 episode into the Capaldi era. I really loved Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith (though Eccleston was the weakest of the three IMO).

But Capaldi was a bad choice. I just don't "feel his vibe" as the doctor. It's not the right flavor for it. And it's not as though I object to an older Doctor. The ones in the old series worked (though admittedly I've only seen a handful), John Hurt was amazing as the War Doctor, I feel that a British guy like Michael Caine or Stephen Fry would be amazing in that role....

It's just Capaldi is a bad fit, they should have fired him after a season. I've seen about 5 episodes total of his reign and I just don't like it. I hope they get back on track.
>>
>>80851925
Maybe it's not so much dull as desperate. "Hey, everyone I slept with before, and you fell asleep in the middle of it? And everyone else who heard about that? I'm better at it now, please give me another try."
>>
>>80851925
Pretty stupid thing to get mad about, anon.
>>
>>80852423
>mad
???
>>
>>80852231
You will still dislike the show.
The rest of us will enjoy capaldi like we have all along
>>
Tennant on Comic Relief talking about Doctor Who.

Matt Lucas also on the same sofa and show, not getting to say a word.
>>
>>80852609
Are they going to do a live link with one direction?
>>
>>80852820
No but they still plan on disrespecting the actors from the classic series.
>>
Hopefully they ramp up marketing once they finish filming....

The trailer was goat but now its stalled again.
>>
File: billie.jpg (57KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
billie.jpg
57KB, 848x565px
How does the branding manager keep his job?
>>
>>80853854
When did he start in the role? Does it correlate to when marketing turned to shit? Was he responsible for promoting Class too?
>>
>>80853919
According to wiki he was responsible for getting Kylie for Voyage of the Damned, so I'd say he's been around since then which is surprising since the marketing used to be GOAT back then
>>
>>80852609
He was talking about it earlier to Graham Norton with some literally who from the Han Solo movie.
>>
>>80853999
I think its more the BBCs fault. They probaby dont give them enough money to do stuff.
>>
>>80838442
>>80838472
>>80838509
>>80838545
>>80838577
great review
>>
As much as I hate it I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we never get the S9 soundtrack.
>>
>>80853999
RTD was a marketing genius. Not so much directly managing the marketing, although he did some of that. The British entertainment media is a pretty small world, and he lived in that world. He went to the same parties as the presenters, and brought along the people they wanted to hang out with, and made them feel like they were part of the Doctor Who Phenomenon, so they wanted to make that phenomenon bigger.

Moffat doesn't do that. And whatever extra marketing effort he puts in beyond the usual showrunner duties is split between two brands. And it's focused on America first, the rest of teh world second, and Britain third (because that's what the BBC wants from him—it's what makes their balance sheets look good in presentations to the Tory Parliament).

So, being brand manager has to be a much harder job under Moffat than under RTD.
>>
>>80854328
Why does focusing on britain last look good in the tory parliament?
>>
Why the fuck does 10 hate unit soldiers? It makes no sense and almost directly contradicts himself?
>>
>>80854017
Norton asked "are you the new assistant" and he said "yes, one of two" and that was basically it.
>>
Norton Hears a Who
>>
>>80838430
>Cybermen are way too powerful and are even further removed from their original concept

Has been a while since I saw the episode but didn't the first Cyberman that appeared was basically the Flash?

That shit was absurd.
>>
>>80848814
>master

Nope.
>>
>>80854328
that makes sense
>>
>>80854378
Because it makes more money, at least in the short term, for BBC Television—and, post-reorg, even more so for BBC Studios. Look at their presentations to Parliament. The very first thing they list in their successes is the unprecedented deal selling Doctor Who to Amazon. And number three on the list is the renegotiated deals with BBC America and other worldwide broadcasters.
>>
File: 1232.png (606KB, 811x517px) Image search: [Google]
1232.png
606KB, 811x517px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO27_lrrjTg

w-why is she so perfect, bros?
>>
>>80854672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK1W00RpQJA
>>
The Pandorica Opens was a great episode, wasn't it? The direction, music, acting, writing. All pretty damn good.
>>
>>80854672
Just finished watching it. I don't fucking know what it is, man. I'm so mad that I'll never be able to wake up next to this girl.

God, the way her tits look in that tight black shirt.

And, GOD, the way she reacted to Rory.
>>
File: justfuckmyshitup.jpg (56KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmyshitup.jpg
56KB, 300x360px
>>80854872
>ywn watch moffatkino with her on a hot summer's evening
>>
>>80854381
Because 10 is writtenly differently every episode.
>>
File: 3p.png (191KB, 447x451px) Image search: [Google]
3p.png
191KB, 447x451px
Will Captain Just ever return?
>>
>>80854964
>writtenly differently

I've no idea where you pick this stuff up.
>>
>>80854857
Murray Gold's S5 music works even better this way than when watching the episode directly. The fact that it's sometimes a bit too big/too much doesn't get in the way. Also, you notice things like the way the early-Disney touches help with that fairy tale feel Moffat always talks about, and how when he gets all John Williamsy for the action scenes it's much more Raiders than the Empire/Jedi thing he did in both RTD and later Moffat.
>>
>>80855205
Oops. Tired.
>>
We will never get a Doctor Who Telltale game with multiple doctors, with a plotline that spans multiple Doctors era...
>>
>>80855418
That's a REALLY good idea. Holy shit. Why not?

Someone start a petition.
>>
>>80855418
That sounds like garbage
>>
>>80855418
>giving the user the ability to make different choices in a doctor who story
how the fuck will we decide which version of the story is canon?
>>
>>80855569

>"This timestream's in perpetual flux — no fixed points! Oh, this is gonna be a whopper; anything could happen! And anything could happen twice, or three times. I don't know where you're taking me, but I get the feeling that it's going to get very confusing!"
>>
>>80855418
TFW the overarching villain is Adam.
>>
>>80855569
The TARDIS Data Core arguments over that are half the point of doing it.
>>
>>80855569
We don't.. it's a game. It's better to leave it open ended, all we know is the Doctor himself wouldn't die.
>>
Imagine fucking playing as the 12th Doctor voiced by Capaldi in a VNA level dark episodic game. I want pls.

The shitty Lego game wasn't enough.
>>
>>80855569
just say the game isn't canon at all
>>
>>80855569
There is no canon in Doctor Who. BBC takes no stance on Canon and the showrunners don't either. In a show about time travel all canon is viable.
>>
I've never seen anyone say anything nice about telltale games on 4chan before?
>>
>>80855821
/v/ just hates every game series. /tv/ is filled with more balanced and rational minds.There is a reason /tv/ has the highest IQ level.
>>
>>80855821
I love the Walking Dead. That's my only experience with them, though.

I don't see what people don't like. They say it's not a real game, I guess, since it's just a choose your own adventure most times. But I like it; they're good stories.

I'd kill for a multi-doctor telltale game. Good way to bring everyone together despite older appearances.

Someone make a NEW THREAD since we're close to thread count. Make it Telltale Doctor Who edition
>>
>>80855821
Even /v/ has semi positive threads about telltale games like TWD. I think in general people have now thoroughly seen past the "your decisions alter the story" shit since any branching has minimal impact on what actually happens, but some people can still enjoy the stories while knowing they aren't influencing much
>>
>>80855936
>They say it's not a real game
Ignore anyone who uses this argument, it's subjective bullshit and it's not worth trying to convince them of anything
>>
>>80855790
>BBC takes no stance on Canon and the showrunners don't either
RTD took no stance on it.

Moffat takes the stance that it's a stupid question to even ask in the first place.

But I like Nev Fountain's answer best: If you have to know whether something is canon before you can enjoy it, you're not actually enjoying anything.
>>
I consider only the show and big finish to be canon because I like to have a life and don't/won't dedicate too much time to a fictional story. That being said, it's all up to you.
>>
File: smug anime blob.png (245KB, 425x421px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime blob.png
245KB, 425x421px
>>80856758
>I like to have a life
>considers big finish canon
>>
>>80856891
Piracy and selective listening. Boioioioioioioioioioing
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.